Smile /me salutes TheDeacon

Great post, man!

It makes be proud of being in the same guild as you

*asks for Mochams*

--Phelsior
    135 NT
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Important message part two: Time to unite for peace and change

While I would never normally ask for a bump on anything, I want to keep this thread alive as long as humanly possible, so any bumps will be more than welcome

I'd like to start out by thanking you for all your kind posts lately! It's so wonderful to see folks alll get together and agree on a common issue and create a harmony. And it's equally as nice to see folks put aside differences and put aside the greed and indifference that inherently plagues us all. Bless you all for showing a jaded man the decency that lies buried beneath our coat of selfishness. Bless you all.

I've gotten so many great tells from fixers lately, made alot of new friends and even got some supportive messages from other metas, enforcer, doctors, etc that want to lend a hand with their outstanding buffs as well! Finally, anarchy Online is starting to feel like a *real* community to me! It really warms my heart to hear from you all and I encourage anyone to chat with me whenever you get time

But I must admit, I have to get something off my chest that's been nagging at the back of my head. Today I saw something that upset me greatly that I would like to share with you if you have the time. Today I saw a Grid Armor IV disc sold on the shopping channel for 235 million credits. 235 million credits....Just thinking in terms of shop costs and character credit needs, my only idea as to why anyone would need this much money would be to sell credits on Ebay. We're a society steeped in greed, hoarding and materialism. It's the way of the real world and there's little we can do to change the inherent nature of the real world. But every time we log into rubi ka, we have the opportunity to change all that, and much of this rather long post is to implore you all to tug on your heart strings and help our fixers out as their creators (funcom) refuses to do in the past year with their incessant nerfs and indifferent attitudes.

Just out of curiosity, I sent the gentleman seller a /tell message just wondering about his feelings on the situation of fixers and their need for grid armor to make a good standing in solo and team missions. Basically without going into details, he told me that it was dumb for anyone to play as a fixer and that current fixers should reroll as Engis, Enforcers or MPs. I strongly disagree with that position and I'm going to tell you why I feel so compelled to assist Fixers, NTs and Adventurers, other than the obvious fact that they pay just as much as any other class, yet have always gotten the short end of the stick.

When I look at it from a role playing perspective, these three classes are essential to our world of Rubi Ka anmd are perhaps the most intriguing as well. Let's start with the current topic of discussion, Fixers.

Despite being steeped in tradition, Rubi Ka is still fairly new in it's non omni-tek colonization. In terms of storyline, it was only last year that the ICC approved colonization from rival corporations (which is when the game first when live, but SHHHH we're role playing . I've always looked at the world of Rubi Ka as a post-futuristic wild wild west, with loose organization, where anything goes. This sort of undisciplined environment would naturally attract thousands of shady characters. Enter: the fixer! An individual that will get you what you want, when you want it, as long as the price is right....just don't ask where it came from. Fixers can be a nice liason between clan and omni when a piece of information or equipment needs to get across enemy lines, or when an item needs to *cough* change ownership. Anyone who is into role playing should fire up a fixer char, lord knows im going to once i get my mp to lvl 150!

For current fixers, what I've always wanted to see is a garrishly dressed fixer walking through newland with two rather large Atorx enforcer bodyguards (judging by their titles, enforcers are somewhat like the italian mobsters on old earth), selling stims and illegal items when the guards aren't watching, or even racing through enemy territory past guards to deliver an item to an enemy. Why aren't other classes realizing the potential of this outstanding profession when they pick out teammates? They're the thieves, the liars, the pickpockets, the dealers (and in one observed case in omni territory *cough* mrmeow *cough*, pimps as well!) of Rubi Ka and damnit, i LOVE fixers and will do anything to keep them playing in game!!!

Funcom gave us apartments and a good use for them would be to grab some female characters, put them in bikinis and charge 300k for fifteen minutes alone with them. Sell hacked symbiografts and blister packs in the dance clubs and when your guild is planning a strike into enemy territory, use that amazing speed to lure guards away while your team sneaks in unharmed. The possibilities are endless, if funcom fixes the fixers. But even if they don't, expect a new neutral fixer on the scene in the coming weeks

now for grid armor: this is a tough one, as it's very rare and supply vs demand dictates that this will go for a very high price. If I ever find a GA disc, I've decided that I'm going to create a LARGE mission and have the grid armor disc as a reward (hoping to get some gm sponsoring for this so it doesnt get out of hand), then hand out keys to folks. I'm REAAAAALLY hoping that other folks that already possess the grid armor and are not short on credits do the same.

But the real fix will come when funcom stops ignoring you and A) makes smgs WAY more powerful and B) make that grid armor a MUCH more common drop. Why is GA so rare? MP demons and engi slayers aren't rare in missions, so why make one class work that much harder to get its class defining item? If I havent bored you all to sleep with my ramblings yet, I have an idea to get the message across to funcom:

In past history, passive protests have been held in order to enact change or make a statement and I feel the same needs to be done here. Someone once mentioned that at least 30 new posts are made on these boards every hour and most of them go unread, as there are only 3 folks working as moderators. I can understand that. but at any given time, there may be hundreds of GMs and ARKs online. I propose that an out of character passive protest be held in an easily accessible, low lag, neutral location such as borealis, by the whompas. Perhaps a second, simultaneous meeting could be held by the lake in newland. As many fixers as possible should attend this, and other classes interested in the situation as well, both clan and omni.

And then, when we're all together, call in a GM or an official funcom representative and demand that A) smgs are "fixed" asap and B) grid armor becomes a more common drop, to the point of becoming a mission item. Have the GM, in front of a large crowd, explain WHY fixers are in such a bad state after nearly a year of playing anarchy online. While I'm excited about the upcoming expansion pack, I would certainly like to know why they were working on expansion packs when they should have been correcting vital errors in the player's stats!

And it all goes back to greed. Releasing the expansion pack will gain Funcom MILLIONS of dollars in revenue and bring back many of the players that left late last year. They've had teams working round the clock on adding new zones, armor, etc, yet how many programmers are working on correcting their profession balancing errors? If the answer is more than zero, then they work very slowly. You can't tell me that in a year's time, simple problems such as low dmg rate of SMGs or rarity of grid armor could not have been addressed by now.

The only fixer tweaks in the upcoming 14.2 patch are an increase in the power of grid armor, which is respectable, but does nothing save make the price of the instruction discs triple in cost. The item itself will still be extremely rare.

It's not too late though. the 14.2 patch is still in development and if we all make enough noise and cause a big enough disturbance, things might change for the better soon. Send me a /tell ingame if this sounds like a good plan and ill work on getting the details together, location, times, etc. Free mochams buffs will be provided by myself and hopefully other kind hearted MPs, along with (hopefully) doc and enforcer buffs, etc. It'll also give a chance for folks to speak their minds about some of the crucial issues that need to get fixed in game asap. instead of going the easy route and rerolling another class, this will be a chance to constructively vent our anger over the hand that has been dealt!

Perhaps it would even be possible to host a small fundraiser to purchase GA discs for a reasonable price?

I will personally donate a 10 million credit door prize to a lucky participant, a 6 slot belt and other gifts if this all works out

Yikes, im long winded! My apologies folks, I guess I get overly passionate when I see injustice. One last important note: Another way of lowering the price of Grid armor discs is to stop paying high prices for them. If nobody is buying them for 200 million, then the price will begin to go down. A permanent fix would be for funcom to make these items more common, to the point where they sell for 1 million instead of 200 million. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? But the main point is to make as much noise as possible, in game and all together as brothers and sisters of Rubi Ka and fight our common enemy!

Take care guys and remember, my heart is with you, even if it seems like im perpetually afk in game Send me a /tell anytime!

Sincerely from your friend,
    TheDeacon
    lvl 129 Metaphysicist - RK1

Oh a good old fasion sit in.

Wonder if well see ARK in riot gear.

Name the place, and time. I be there with every guild member I can rustle up.

An open invitation

TheDeacon, please accept a formal invitiation to visit the Rk-2 fixers. Given the type, style and theme of your thread/message I thought I'd show you what we are hoping to get moved over to Rk-1 as well. So, if I've made you a bit curious. Give Intra, Jimmysav or myself, Yyerinfahr (please note the mispelling of the board name - sorry), a /tell and we'd love to give you a tour and introduce you to the boys (and gals). And, if you have to roll a new char to do so, please roll a fixer - it just makes it easier for a bunch of reasons.

BTW, this goes for any Rk-1 fixer as well...
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Talking D that is.... I am str8 out speechless : )

I am for helpin anyone in need and if you decide to come to RK-2 I will help you in anyway I can. I ty for your kind words and your help. I hope when the day comes and we can travel to RK1 I can meet you. You have a warm and gentle heart. I am myself a low level Fixer I am at lvl 32 and I would be honored to see you as a Fixer.

I would like to thank Intra, Jimmysav, Yyerinfhar and the rest of the Fixers on RK-2 for all their help and friendship and I hope and pray that a few that have left do come back someday.

My name is EclypsedMoon and my alt is Alisium if ever you need anything here in RK-2 Deacon I will be honored to help. As I will with all Fixers and those I can help. Bless you all and stay safe

Eclypsedmoon ===> Need a Fix... Need some speed... Need to get someting somewhere and on time... Are you late for something?... If so contact your local Fixer and ask for help.
    Help support your local FIXER so they can help support you. Adopt a FIXER today!!!

I have teamed quite alot with a fixer friend and I like fixers.
    If alot of fixers quit ( a purely selffish reason coming up) where would I get my huge run buff from!! I am a speed freak, I need my fix

Let me know when the sit in is and I'll drag as many people as I can kicking, screaming, whatever it takes.

Before I saw this post I made a fixer character to help protest for you guys. Climed up the tallest things I could ( ok it was the rock at tir grid but hey he's an atrox and lvl 3 ) and jumped to my death.

Any fixer who wants LMA or UVC (if I get some masts for UVC ) its yours till 14.2. Then I will do my best to get the new crit other buffs and will do those free too. Same goes for Adv and NT's.

Any of you guys need my help or a team gimme a tell I'll do my best to help you out.

Sunraven - Jumpaholic and speed freak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12