Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack-Official Word

I think the official word is here

"I do remember someone here earlier mentioning about a car salesman being honest.. that's funny.. over here in the colonies, a car salesman is stereotyped as being the least honest individual to do business with.."
    If by colonies you mean America, you are wrong, lawyers are considered the least honest...

As long as this expansion comes with or after apartments and taking over territory are finished I am happy, and if you finally fix that stupid light in the Rompa Bar and use that extra whompa in omni-ent I will be overjoyed.

But please do not do the same thing that Maxis is doing with The Sims, there are tons of upgrades(the sims: Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation or whatever, and I think a The Sims Online is coming within a few years). then they are creating Simville, but no one has any idea what it will have, or when it will be released.

I think the extraneous WOMPA in Ent is going to be for Jobe..but that's just a guess on my part.
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Booh. Hiss.

I like how the two main views represented here are that this expansion pack is an outrage, and that it is *defensible* for a patchwork of reasons that are mostly speculation.

My favorite excuse so far has been, "They need to eat to" [sic] - very well thought out, many thanks.

I sort of stopped counting after a while, but is anyone here excited about this?

P.S. The bad whompa in Ent went to Omni-1.

Originally posted by Barron
    I think the extraneous WOMPA in Ent is going to be for Jobe..but that's just a guess on my part.
    Interesting thought, but I think that dead whompa was the one that originally led to Omni-2 (aka Old Athen).

Makes sense, right? The other 2 whompas on that node go to Trade (Omni-1 section) and Rome (Omni-3).

Bring it.

>>I sort of stopped counting after a while, but is anyone here
    >>excited about this?

I'll buy it. Am I excited for it? Well, sure, if it makes the higher level game slightly more interesting, bring it on.

As for cost, yeah, it's another $30 but think about how many hours you'll be spreading that $30 over. It comes out to pennies on the hour. And if pennies on the hour for entertainment is getting you all pushed out of shape, maybe you should think about spending a little more time working, a little less time playing. $30 is cheap for entertainment, or have you not left the house in the last 10 years??

As for FC's right to make money on this game, I find it hard to imagine that anyone can take issue with that notion. Big clue, buddy -- coders don't come cheap. Even the bad ones are expensive. After manufacturing, distribution and dealer mark-up that $30 purchase you're whining about doesn't even put a dent in what a single dynamo programmer makes in an hour. FC has every right to recoup what they can.

I don't know if somebody reiterated this notion (I read till about page 3 and then skipped to posting), but my problem with the expansion pack, as I said before, is not that they are adding new zones. It seems somewhat reasonable to me that if they add new planes of existance that you may have to pay extra for that.

What bothers me is that the article claims that the expansion pack contains character augmentations, and to me, that is like having to pay for a new nano line. It seems absurd. But I really can't say just how absurd it is until I see the details.

"I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people - and that's why we have wolves and other large predators." - A caption from Gary Larson's The Far Side

Atremis, yes, I believe it used to go to Omni-2...but with the inclusion of Jobe, I think they might redirect it there..
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

When I got this game six months ago I don't think it mattered where a whompa said it would go, it tended to throw you almost anywhere. Or was that just because they kept switching names and I didn't play enough to memorize the entire system? Maybe I am thinking of something else, but why was it not deleted?

This sounds really cool. (I question different planes sort of like fantasy) and since when did resssurection only happen on Rubi-ka?

Question Pioneer = Expansion Pack

Yah, for going thru hell at launch (and beta, but that doesn't count) I want to trade my Pioneer Backpack for the Expansion Pack.

I am very disappointed as I don't feel everything is running smoothly at all. More money = More customers = BETTER CUSTOMER SUPPORT = AN ACTUAL STORY???? Hope so.

Guess we should get rdy for an 'emergency' board wipe soon

New changes are a tut at the start and better char creation??? What about those that are high lvl??
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

since when did resssurection only happen on Rubi-ka?
    ----------
    If you've read the timeline info, yes, ONLY on Rubi-Ka, where there are 'ambient' levels of notum, will the resurrection tech work. No, they don't quite seem to know *why*, they only know it doesn't work elsewhere.

Angry AHHHHH

I am gonna buy 35 copies of the expansion...just to piss off all the freakin whiners on this and other boards!

Either A:Shut up and enjoy the game
    B: QUIT!!!!!!

I'm not going to put up with the EQ additude of "let's release an expansion pack every few months".

I already f$%#ing pay $13 a month to play this, I refuse to start paying $40 every now and again just to maintain it as well.

When the expansion pack comes out I will most likely quit (If I already haven't by then) rather than keep pumping more money into this sink hole.

Oh, no.

With all this quitting might we actually end up with forums that aren't just one unending whine? It is hard to imagine.

Thumbs down Dumb.

I'm floored by the people who came here just to whine about the whiners. If we have nothing to complain about, why don't you have something positive to say?

Let the record show that the most enthusiasm anyone has shown for this expansion pack is to throw vague insults at the people who are upset about it. REAL compelling argument there, kids.

P.S. -

Originally posted by Atremis
    Interesting thought, but I think that dead whompa was the one that originally led to Omni-2 (aka Old Athen).

Makes sense, right? The other 2 whompas on that node go to Trade (Omni-1 section) and Rome (Omni-3).
    I meant to say Omni-2, sorry. :)

Seems to me there probably wasn't a whompa to Avalon when OT controlled the place. But then what was the state of the Mountain of Four Lakes outpost at the time?

Early

I for one got really excited when I read about the expantion. No too much info in the article, but Jobe. Need I say more But really, in 7 months, they should be able to put some good stuff in there. I can only speak for myslef, but I gladly dish out the 20-30$, as I find that a fair price to play this great game. I have been around since launch, and never though the game would get to the amazing state it is in today compared to launch. So with another 7 months of patching, I think the game will be ready for an expantion. I really like the idea of adding perks (Fallout - Jinxed anyone?). From a RP view, this can open up for some really interesting combinations. An Atrox enf with healing abilities perhaps? That is Jinxed? With Bloody Mess? LOL. Really intrigued by the added plane, wonder what that can be. And new zones? Hope that there will be other exciting places like Jobe to wait for. Maybe I will have to defect to be an Omni... (Never !)

And to all you out there that say you will quit. Don't quit This is the greatest game there is, and the more players that I can interact with, and have fun with, the better for me At least don't quit untill the reason you threaten to quit for has any info relased. I don't understand that. But that's just me

REALLY looking forward to this! And 14.2. And all the improvments after that!

Anyone else enjoing this game, or are all the people I play with not enjoing themselves?
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    I'm not going to put up with the EQ additude of "let's release an expansion pack every few months".

I already f$%#ing pay $13 a month to play this, I refuse to start paying $40 every now and again just to maintain it as well.
    ROFL, ok, so you'll pay ~$30 once to get the game, then in three months you'll pay nearly $40 to play, over a year you'll pay $156 to play... but you won't pay $40 to get new things? You already paid much more than that to get new things... If they wanted to charge $15/mo to play with the expansion, you might have a point, but to ***** about $40 when it was obviously worth it once? Look, if the new character options and zones aren't worth $40(btw, where did this amount come from anyway?), then don't pay it. FunCom is not unilaterally imposing a one time fee on every player, if you're so twisted up about not having _all_ the content, then it's obviously worth the money to you...

When the expansion pack comes out I will most likely quit (If I already haven't by then) rather than keep pumping more money into this sink hole.
    Why quit? It's worth the $13/mo for you now apparently, why should an expansion no one is forcing you to buy change anything? Again, if the answer is "other people will have toys I don't have", that says to me that it's worth the money for you...

MKaath

Expansion pack

Expansion packs are usualy not just a "patch" so saying that we have to "pay for a patch is a bit far out. In most games you can buy expansion packs, and people usualy dont complain too much about it.. Except ofcourse the usual whiners that will whine about anything whenever they get a chanse.

If they were to do this expansion of the game as a usual "patch" it would require a pretty hughe patch... and that would ofcourse result in a even larger amount of whiners crawling out of the wood-works. An expension pack is something you can choose to buy, and not something you have to buy. Yes it will be a minus not to get it, as well as it is a plus to the people who decide upon getting it. As it should be.

Looking forward to the expansion pack, if im still around to play ao by then... You never know with all the new games comming up.. but im currently very happy with ao. Keep it up!

Thumbs up

First off, I'm sure you'll still pay the same monthly fee. Second, AO is almost a year old (in July right?), and even tho the game still has some bugs and holes that are left to fill in, I think it will be time for an exp pack. Without it, people will lose interest (especially at higher lvls). Besides, theres about 8 months to fix all the current bugs before the exp pack comes out in December.

I'll gladly pay for the exp pack. More to add to the expanding universe of AO. Sure they're adding stuff that was suppose to be in AO in the first place, but it's better than not getting those things. I'm excited for one.
    These are the moments we'll remember for the rest of our restless lives.

I played this game once it was called elite force. It had like everyone's voice's except jeri ryans. That dissipointed me. And originaly like before the game came out it was suppose to have a tour voyager mode, but this was like dissabled. and the game it had like bugs... Then came the expansion pack witch was a bug fix + the features that were supose to be in the original in the like first place. I and many others gladly paid 20 bucks just to hear jeri ryan.... <---- aka. paying for what was originaly promised is stupid. but class specilizations that i would love We need more content quests. dungeons etc. add these to the expansion pack and funcom , then, then maybe I will buy it.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast