Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: can i be pvp exempt

can i be pvp exempt

hey fc, i wish to be pvp exempt.

after playing a while i've come to the conclusion pvp just isn't for me. i like ao just don't want to be involved with pvp. in my opinion the current system is just a gank fest and doesn't excite me one bit.

there is really no skill in the combat. and the only penalty anyone faces is a trip to the reclaim booth. so what is the point. sounds to me like a big waste of time.

please let me be pvp exempt so i can hunt when and where i want while the gankers jack each other.

If you don't want to PvP, then don't go into 25% or 0% areas. It is entirely possible to play the game without going into that type of area.

Sometime we are force to go into 25% zones. After level 75 or so, you will getting more and more mission in 25% zone. Eventually, you will only get pvp zone mission in omni cities and all outpost. You will then force to goto the neutral cities. Even then, more then 60% of mission given in neutral cities are in pvp zone. So, good luck for tring to avoid those zone.
    Last edited by Leumas; Apr 25th, 2002 at 00:06:58.

Once you zone in, you get 15 seconds to fly straight up in your yalm. Don't want to get hit? Don't fly near the ground.

*Grin* You think you are safe flying high in the air? You have gotta look at this Thread. Nothing like shooting a bird down from the sky. And, It's completly legal.

Seriously, how ignorance can people be?
    Last edited by Leumas; Apr 25th, 2002 at 01:31:43.

Actually, you ARE safe at super high altitudes in Yalm's, it's how I travel through 25% zones all the time, and I've yet to be hit by anyone over 300m up in the air.

*Edit* And Leumas, you're sitting here commenting on ignorance, and you have yet to show anything but ignorance, in any of your posts.

You are safer but not safest. You can argue till your face blue but there are still change that you can be hunt down. Fly until sky high huh? I dun suppose you know there is a map upgrade that show side? Jinye or whoever you are called, start thinking with the little brain you have, and stop sticking your head into your a$$. So, it never happen to you huh? Are you going to pretend it never exist? How ignorance! Do I mention not anyone have a yalm?

EDIT : ohh....and feel free to quote ANY of my post to show how ignorance I am. I sure you enjoy doing this. Just accuse me without any prove kinda lame.
    Last edited by Leumas; Apr 25th, 2002 at 10:44:41.

*sigh* Some peoples children. Okay, first off Leumas, if you're able to go in 25% zones and get ganked, you're quite able to do missions for battlesuits and get the money for a yalm. Second, while yes, it IS possible to skydive out of a yalm and root someone, it's excessively painful to do so, as any height needed to have the room to cast root will knock off some 900 hp. And, third, all you've ever done is flame people in threads, and expect not to get flamed beyond belief? If you want to flame me, learn my damn language a bit more, then I *MIGHT* have more of a challenge in this, and not the damn pigeon shoot I'm doing now.

*wave*

When you either grow up Leumas, or learn to flame, come back and let's have some fun

actually, you don't have to take 900 damage. I've noticed that if you jump right before you hit the ground, you take a lot less damage (Usually around 100). I discovered this a while back, but never really had a good chance to use it.

Wanna be exempt from PvP? Stay out of 25% zones. It is not impossible, ever. Just look at all the loser powerlevellers who never go anywhere but city of home and newland...

-D
    mostly retired
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Roll a crat, and wait till 22.0, u will be given a nano for it

Stay out of the political zones.

No one is ever forced to go into a political zone. Ever. You can always get missions in heavy supression areas. This game was made with the idea that certain areas, which were desirable to go to, were political zones for the purpose of increased challenge and risk for increased reward.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

exempt

hahahaha that is so funny " stay out of 0 and 25% zones"
    1. when i do go to those zones I'm THE ONLY ONE THERE
    there is no one else. people don't go out to those places, not even for missions.

2. what i want is to be free of gankers. i don't mind hey this is a special battle okay lets be involved, thats one thing but getting ganked is totally different. if you have eq try playing on rallos zek and you'll find out what ganking is all about. its not fun.

what i'm asking for is to not be involved. if one of you can prove to me that pvp in ao is in anyway skill based, beyond just the right class/equip combos then i might be interested but right now its LAME. this is not quake. this isn't mechwarrior.

my second point, there are no REASONS or PENALTIES for pvping. the current system is only fit for gank killings and duels and as such i find it at best boring.

look at it another way. say you are in a mission you come out hurt and i'm standing there and i kill you for no reason. did you have fun. say i do it everytime you zone out of that mission. did you have fun. say you are out with a group hunting and i fubar your whole group by taking out your healer, enforcer whatever. Now did you have fun? theres no way in hell you can get me back. all you can do is sit there and whine how i messed up your whole day. i ruined your mission, i ruined your grouping experience i have a title and you have spend x number of hours just to get ganked. WHERE IS THE FUN.

actually now that i think about it the only one who would get enjoyment out of this would be the ganker

Originally posted by Jinya
    *sigh* Some peoples children.

I wonder who is the kid here? You are the one that start all the name calling, troll.

*Edit* And Leumas, you're sitting here commenting on ignorance, and you have yet to show anything but ignorance, in any of your posts.
    Did saying something like above make you more like an adult?

Okay, first off Leumas, if you're able to go in 25% zones and get ganked, you're quite able to do missions for battlesuits and get the money for a yalm.

Let me tell you something, not everyone is a social-retard like you who enjoy doing nothing but mission for 2 whole week for a yalm.
    Second, while yes, it IS possible to skydive out of a yalm and root someone, it's excessively painful to do so, as any height needed to have the room to cast root will knock off some 900 hp. And,

Not to mention you are just plain ignorance that you dun even know there is a workaround to avoid critical fall damage.
    third, all you've ever done is flame people in threads, and expect not to get flamed beyond belief?

I guest when I post something like this, this and this, I was just flaming. Dun lie with eyes open, jinya.
    If you want to flame me, learn my damn language a bit more, then I *MIGHT* have more of a challenge in this, and not the damn pigeon shoot I'm doing now.

That's pretty much speak for yourself. Picking on my language just show how low you really are. Well, atleast it make you happy, troll.

*wave*

When you either grow up Leumas, or learn to flame, come back and let's have some fun

Some people level to 50, then read the board daily, and start to think he KNOWN the world. Jinya, you dun know a sh$$ and dun pretend you do.
    Last edited by Leumas; Apr 25th, 2002 at 17:36:05.

*blink* I don't know ****, and yet I've played since beta *boggle*. *sigh* You take me saying you've posted ignorant posts to calling you names, now that's rich. Again, learning a language well helps you understand the nuances of said language.

I've never missioned for the money for a yalm, I was lucky enough to get one in a chest at a low enough level that it was useful.

And, I have yet to even come close to flaming you like I could, because I'm better than that, and you're still just a child, playing at grownup games.

Leumas, if you want to be taken seriously, don't flame people without provocation. You started off flaming me in a thread where I explained proper scientific theory, and it's escalated from there... I'm done with this, you can think you've won, but all you've done is gotten me angry, which, being a troll is probably what you set out to do in the first place... Well, fine, goodbye Leumas, don't post on my threads, and I'll refrain from posting on yours.

Lyda "Kisera" McKechnie

Ohh..I got you angry, my pleasure sir. Do remain me when you need my service again. I would die for to make you pissed like a moron. So you think I flame you in a previous post. Is that the reason you came here and flame me like a retard? This is just plain childish of you, jinya. Not to mention I wasn't flaming you, I was counteract the ripple of a$$ when he insult me. Reread the post, my dear troll.
    Last edited by Leumas; Apr 25th, 2002 at 17:46:07.

Okay Leumas, I will apologize for the remark about only trolling, I was mistaken, and let my anger get in the way of being objective. I do still think you flame at times with no reason, but, and I repeat but, so have I. You have my sincere apology, and wish that we could possibly at least come to a cordial understanding.

Sometime we are force to go into 25% zones. After level 75 or so, you will getting more and more mission in 25% zone. Eventually, you will only get pvp zone mission in omni cities and all outpost. You will then force to goto the neutral cities. Even then, more then 60% of mission given in neutral cities are in pvp zone. So, good luck for tring to avoid those zone.
    141 levels, NEVER been ganked in a 25% or 0% zone when I wasn't looking for a fight.

Maybe I'm just lucky. I think it more likely that I don't go there when I'm not looking for a fight. And when I do (Mort outpost, etc) I'm careful for the route I use to get there, i.e. don't zone in directly north of MMD.

Use your brains, people.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I agree that pvp in this game is not that good. The penalties of losing are too steep causing the 25% and 0% zones to be underutilized. Since combat is based on levels and not player skill it makes most encounters a forgone conclusion and not much fun.

I would be in favor of a pvp switch even though it does run counter to the game's basic design, a war between two factions.

I wonder how many people would choose to be pvp- if they could. I know I would. Hmm, once the forum changes go through I think I'll start up a poll
    Why did it have to take me 30 minutes to find a ql 50 mc cluster?
    Down with boring timesinks!
    Get rid of random shop inventory
    Do it for the children!

You always have the options, dont make it like you dont have one.

If you really insist on doing mission or exp in political/mayhem zone, Id advise you to hire some bodyguards.

You can easily find people to be one, just zone to MMD, very often you see a lot of high lvls standing at 75% zone doing nothing but watching each other. So now you got a chance to offer em more meaningful stuff to do.

Wenzell
    Holder of 300+ exp pinkies.

You sound like you might be one of the jackasses who kill people for no reason other than you can. It's people like you who give PvP in AO a bad name. Simple question: why don't you go fight people who actually might be in the game to PvP? Then you can BOTH have fun.

The problem with the conflict in AO is that it is unstructured. People just run around killing other people indiscriminately. I'm sure if the designers had enough time and didn't have to release the game so quickly we'd be in better shape.

When George Washington was waiting to cross the Delaware, he didn't have rogue members of his unit decide to go run off on their own and start killing random Brits. These people would very likely have faced courtmarshall or discipline at the very least. An assault is called on by the leader of the Army.

When the Allies were going to land on Omaha Beach, can you imagine what would have happened if some rogue group decided to cross the channel the day before and attack? Or what if some loner decided to head over and run around the beachfront fortifications killing Gerries and shouting 'I ownzored j00'?

On the other side of the coin, back to the American Revolution. We didn't kill Loyalists or British citizens simply because they were walking in New Jersey or Connecticut. If some snobby Fox Hunt were going on in Rhode Island, the local Militia did not murder the Loyalists who were off on a weekend holiday. They probably just smacked them with the butt of their guns and told them to go back to town. Now, if it were British Troops ambushed in a woodland camp, violence would surely ensue.

AO's PvP system is just stupid. It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't encourage war and discourages any kind of structured group PvP. The title system promotes single-player ganking. Like a fish, it stinks from the head.

Proper PvP needs to be driven by the story and be accompanied with specific goals and/or impetus. Killing people in Mort simple because 'I can' is so stupid it's not funny. Clanners in Mort are simply walking around on land that was rightfully left for them to govern by the Tir Accord signed by no less than Phillip Ross himself. Can you see the stupidity of some stupid 150+ Omni character running around in Mort wiping out groups of lvl90 hunters? Can you not see that this person is a murderer in-character and probably a jerk in real life? You wonder why they are called 'griefers'.

The game must be enhanced to provide a real reason to PvP. Capturing an outpost is nice. But, that's no real reason. The other side will capture it back in a week. Big deal.

People from the Clans need to get a call to arms from no less than Henry Radiman himself. They need to be told that a particular area must be defended and/or captured. The storyline MUST reflect this. The results of the battle MUST be accounted for in the Story. The objective MUST be big and guards ought to be spawned and the suppression gas set to 75%. The message boards should light up for a couple weeks as the victors pat each other on the back and the political fallout ensues.

Murderers such as those who kill hunting parties in EFP, SFH, Mort, etc. should be reprimanded by their respective Faction. Murder as War has never been endorsed by any civilized society. I doubt this will change in 27,000 years. FunCom needs to implement a less severe penalty to simulate 'arrest'.

The murder at the pyjama party the other night was simply stupid. FunCom needs to implement an 'arrest' nano that sends people back to their startup city or implement a severely less severe penalty for death of a character who dies without fighting back in a 25% zone. Why should the lvl175 who kills the poor lvl80 Fixer looking for his Grid Armor by killing plants in EFP be rewarded? He should be reviled by all factions of society except the mentally disturbed.

Simple changes here, FunCom. Bring us the PvP patch and maybe some people will give it a shot. Leave it as it is and the majority of your playerbase with NEVER, ever, EVER, embrace the violence versus other players element of your game. NEVER. People raised in today's society as a general rule will not kill without purpose. People for the most part in real life do not join the Army to be able to kill other people. They do it to have a hand in defending whatever ideals they subscribe to.

That jackass up in Mort or at Ace Camp is NOT defending any ideals In-Character or Out-. He's simply satisfying some RL deficiency either mental, biochemical, or otherwise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast