Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: can i be pvp exempt

Talking Just for future reference...

Originally posted by Jypsie
    ... hunting in Lush Fields when I was lower level, or other populated hunting spots now:

I am at a very nice hunting spot. I've been there handling the area for 30min-1hr. Great, fast spawns, great xp. Another group/player comes up and starts blasting my kills. We'll call this group/player "Leech." I ask Leech to stop, as I was here first and can handle the area myself. Leech says no. A few more minutes of this and I'm starting to get a headache. Toss in a few "lol, /flip, /moon" right in my face for emphasis. So, I move to another spot, and Leech follows and continues leeching. Apparently Leech can't handle that spot without higher level help. Now, Leech is "forcing his will" on me...

Jypsie,

You may already know this 'trick', but there is a way to handle kill stealers (leeches). If you aren't a crat, find one (we love this stuff). Mez the nearest LB, bring it over to the leech, tell it to wait, back away, then set it free. Sometimes the leech can handle this, but do it enuff and they will boogie.

A team of ppl from my guild were having kills stole from some clanners (no offense). So I went out and charmed the LB, and followed the clanners around until they engaged a mob. Once they attack the mob, I send the LB over to attack the same mob. However, before he hits the target mob, I highlight the LB and type /pet "%t" free. The result is usually quite humurous. =)

Crats rock!!
    Director Dono
    Omni Crat
    Omni Tek Wolf Pack - RK2

"In times of Peace, prepare for War!"

www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/directordono

Not once, in all of my 79 levels, have I been attacked by another player. I have done missions in MMD about 100 times, never once been ganked. I see no problem with the current suppression zones.
    Cynesyn lvl 213 Fixer. Setup - 1400+ BE available.
    Corsati lvl 130ish Adv.

Proud veteran of Synergy Factor

"There will be no camping in SL." - Gaute Godager

Using places like MMD to label all PvP/PvP zones is misleading. It's extremely easy to setup an ambush in MMD because the places where a character might be going are limited and extremely well known. Complaining about that setup is like complaining about getting ganked in the arena.

I don't PvP unless someone jumps me. But I do travel PvP zones and take missions in them. The only place I have ever been jumped is in Meetmedere. In my numerous visits to 4 Holes with my Omni characters, I have only seen ONE other person. And he was Omni as well.

I think a lot of people want to be able to camp the spawn points in PvP zones and not be vulnerable to getting killed by a player. That's the only reasoning I can see for a PvP switch: They want the cake and eat it too. If such a switch was made, though, I'd hope FC reduced the rewards in PvP zones accordingly. Part of the reward is based on the risk of getting killed out there. Although, that risk is trully infinitesimal.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345