Thread: Neck deep. (Rimor: Yesterday's Event)

Neck deep. (Rimor: Yesterday's Event)

(Thanks to Events team for yesterdays event, it was really interesting and left lots of things to puzzle out Also thanks to everyone that participated from all three sides, it was awesome. Anyways, heres what Fali saw, and be gentle, haven't written in first person in a while )

A beam of light fell across my face, warming me slowly to consciousness. I rolled onto my stomach, propping to my elbows and squinted at the clock over the doorway on the other side of the room. Four hours of sleep. Great. I knew my neighbors wouldn’t of been blessed with sleep either; it’s hard to get any rest with someone screaming all night. Unfortunately, that someone was me.

My life has been the stuff of nightmares a long time, really I do get used to it; everyone on RubiKa does. What other place can you say the body count and the true casualty rate don’t match, and because of that people get creative... Who’d of thought there were so many ways to –almost- die.

I needed a shower, badly. I can’t wash away the reality of yesterday, but damn it, I can try. Lilac soap and shampoo are a good start, a friend that gave some to me as a gift had gotten me hooked on it. I’m forever importing bath products, silly, but true. The room is foggy with steam and I step into the water, rolling my shoulders chasing away the tension. In the quiet of the water I start remembering…

A drop-ship landed a few feet away from us in Borealis, and soldiers spilled out. Red armor, masks, blasters and moving in perfect formation; they knew what they were after, pity it was us. They surrounded us and told us they wanted information, and if they didn’t start getting it, they’d kill us one by one.

My HUD information unit scanned them, I like to know who’s threatening me at any given moment, all that came up was breeds and affiliation. Clan. Something about it was bothering me, and I couldn’t put my finger on it until their commander turned her masked face to me. I’ve seen these helmets before, over a year ago in Newland Desert. Dust Brigade. Fan-bloody-tastic. She was aiming her blaster at Redstalker standing just next to me, and demanded I answer her questions or she’d kill him. I thought to myself that they wouldn’t shoot him, he was still a champion to the clans after killing Midia’s lover, the Sentinels seemed to respect that if nothing else why not the Brigade right? Wrong.

His head exploded at the impact splattering blood and thicker things down the side of my face and onto the others. I needed to get everyone out, now, I felt responsible for the body at my feet and I didn’t want there to be more. She had turned to my first officer, Simehiri, and was screaming something at him. When the ringing in my ears from the shock and the gunshot quieted I could hear her demanding he remove his blade, and him responding that he couldn’t. He was telling her the truth, but she didn’t seem to care, he had his blade fused to his right hand several months ago and it had been a permanent procedure.

“Remove it or die!”

“I told you, I can’t, see!” He was holding up his hand, with the mantis attached.

“You have 10 seconds. 10… 9… 8..”

He had turned and looked at me, then back to her gripping around his wrist with his left hand and pulled. If you have never heard the sound of joints popping and the tearing of flesh, I do not recommend it. In a wet sucking pop he had ripped his own hand from his body, blood flowing from the stump of his wrist down his right side to the ground.

Two of my friends so far dead or seriously injured, this had to stop. I had their captain’s attention again, she wanted me to go with her away from the group or they’d finish him. I walked forward without protest. She grabbed my arm and dragged me forward and to my knees in front of one of her minions.

“Is it ready?”

“Yes, no one can resist one of my programs.” I could tell underneath that mask he was grinning, sadistic bastard.

I glanced back at my friends, MY friends… seven guilds… three factions. They were being interrogated, I saw Quool being hit in the stomach; Killchain, and Ramid were both bleeding from different places, bullet holes showing plainly through their armor. The woman I had just met from Tiger Claw as so far unharmed, but the body language of the man demanding information from her suggested she wouldn’t stay that way.

A wave of nausea, and burning pain had gotten my attention. He was laughing at me as I threw up onto the ground. He had forced my NCU to run something I’d never seen before and I couldn’t reverse it, resisting it was making me nothing but sick.

“Don’t fight it, you can’t stop it, no one can. You will be answering our questions.” He laughed, as his commander strutted toward me.

I was on my knees and looked up at her through blurred vision, it felt like I’d lost a few minutes, but I couldn’t concentrate enough to tell.

“Oh pretty Miss Phare. You’re going to tell us everything we want to know aren’t you?”

I wanted to scream; burn her into a crisp, but all I could do was shake my head while to my horror a “yes” left my lips.

She was asking me questions about the attacks recently by the Dust Brigade, what they looked like, when and where they went. I told them everything I knew, vomiting at her feet. The enemy of my enemy is my friend just doesn’t hold true ever, I’d really like a word with whoever came up with that one. I was being dragged to my feet and toward the rest of the group. I could see Justhealin kneeling near Simehiri trying to keep him conscious. A large enforcer woman going by Tinicarri was trying to guard the way, protecting those she could.

The commander had turned to me again and was whispering to me while I watched the horror of what they’d reduced my friends to.

“We’ve left you something in your NCU. Just so we can keep tabs on you. Want to make sure where our little puppy is.”

“If you try meddling with it...as much as think of the idea of hacking the program...”

I was staring at her, trying to memorize what I could about her.

“Then today will seem like a christmas day to you. And to your people.”

“Do you understand?”

She jammed her gun into my stomach, as I stared at her, it would leave a nice bruise in the least.

“Do you understand me?”

I was nodding but could feel some of myself under the fog their program had me in.

“Piss off.” I said and she pulled the trigger.

The show water was growing cold and I stood there shivering. Note to self: Bigger water heater. I fumbled outside the shower curtain for a towel and wrapped it around myself and tracked water across the carpet and started dressing into my armor.

“Let’s see what today has in store shall we?” I said to myself, and stalked out the door.
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

The lows the Dust Brigade and Midia will sink to are simply unbelievable.

Attacking everybody, civillians, uninsured, all sides, nobody is safe.

Yet some still would use it as a tool of blame against the Council of truth rather than unite to defeat this evil.

While I believe the Shadowlands are of more importance yet, every resource I have on Rubi-Ka I make available to a joint and united fight against the Dust Brigade scourge.

If we are united, what force in the known universe can stand against us?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    If we are united, what force in the known universe can stand against us?
    Odd, I believe Henry Radiman asked that question once. And the answer, to this day, remains quite simple:

Ego.

Report by Ramid for Veritas

As we entered the meeting place me and Greyreign chatted amicably about our recent experiences in the shadowlands and our upcoming plans for further reconnisance into this area.

The door to BY3 in Borealis swung open as Greyreign and before we had a chance to become adjusted to what was happening someone struck me in the face reeling back i heard then felt inpact as someone shot me twice. Smashed to the ground i felt my gun ripped from my hands and i was pushed stumbling into a group of others surrounded by red armored Dust Brigade commandos.

On the ground i saw two bodies those of my Commander Redstalker and Simehiri one of Falikos people. Held by two more of the savage terrorists i saw Falikos herself being Interrogated.

All attempts to reason with these lunatics failed in fact the only response we were able to elicit from them was that two of these maniacs dragged me Greyreign and Killchain away for execution thankfully before they could carry out this murder Aurust and others came to our rescue, in the ensuing firefight me and Greyreign were both badly wounded and ended up in reclaim.

In short the fact that the Dust Brigade is back and active and i do belive these were the real Dust Brigade not as i suspect false ones like those belived to have been working with midia anyway i digress the fac that they are back means we are in for a bad ride. I will be liasoning with other Clan neutral and Omni's to be on alert for further Sightings of these Red Armored Lunatics.
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

*in the mind of Mord "Aurust" Fairchild*

"Do something!!"
    "I can't, they've manipulated the suppression gas"
    "You are sworn to defend these people around you. You said it yourself."
    "I know, I'm trying. The Almighty knows I'm trying."
    "Noooo!!! Red!!!"
    "Fal...I'm sorry, I can't even lift a hand against them."
    "I can't believe I am unable to do the one thing I pledged myself to do...protect."
    "They are taking Ramid and Grey with them, I'll be right behind them. Hopefully they won't notice."
    "They may have wanted answers, but this is too much."
    "This is it, they have levelled weapons on them."
    "Go, now."

And I spring into action.

So many questions. Why now? Who do they really want? What are they really after?

Next time, things will be different...much different.
    Aurust-MA

"I make an indifferent difference. I make it a point of being pointless."

While on the way to open his shop in Borealis, Mummu is reading today Newspaper, where he reads about the recent hold-up in Borealis. So he starts to mumble to his Bot maverick: "yeah great, i realy hope that was an one-time idea of those frelling ########s. I dont wanna move my shop again, it was enough for me that i had to leave Newland City cuz that Warr killed a 3rd of my customers, and now, NLC is nearlsy as deserted as Haventown. I tell ya mav, if its going on like this we have to move our business again, maybe we ll go to Last Ditch, if the set up a Grid Terminal it could get crowded there, on the otehr hand, Stret West Bank lays right bewteen OT and Clan Territory..... I guess we ll end up in Jobe, hmm, Jobe could be hold a little longer then the rest of RK, and we ll have a good view from up there."
    And maverick wispers as response: " you are so pessimistic, i m sure it was a one time happening, and beside a little increase in the demand for weapons and armor we ll notice nothing at all."
    "I realy hope you are right...."
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

It was a reprehensible act, no doubt! But why now, after all this time would they make a public display? Sure many terror-inducing actions have been credited to the Dust Brigade, but with no solid witnesses.

Now I was NOT there! All I know is what I read, “Red armor, masks, blasters and moving in perfect formation.” So THIS means the Dust Brigade? All of us who belong to an Org know we are identified as such. I didn’t read that there was POSITIVE identification in the reports.

NOW, all of a sudden the “Dust Brigade” is killing Clanners? It sounds to me a lot like a “Parent” telling their “Children” the “BOOGY MAN will get you if they don’t watch out!” On Rubi-Ka just who is it that considers themselves the parents? In the past it was a “Clan Org” making these “attacks on the other sides. Now this “Clan Org” is killing Clanners and there are calls for revenge! This happens just when the Council of Truth is about to reform. Coincidence?

((Just an FYI since I wasn't clear in my original post, it is in story form, -not- a testimonial.. so I won't be replying to it IC.

-Fali))
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

**Begin transmission**

"Yes Sir. Absolutely Sir."

*Silence*

"Our Moles in Borealis is possitive on this fact Sir. These Brigaders were much more brutal and efficient than the ones we have seen Midia use so far. One might almost say that these were 'back up to par' with what the Dust Brigade was capable of in the past."

*Silence*

"Yes Sir. This seems to confirm my su****ions that the thugs Midia has been using has not been the real Brigade."

*Silence*

"Yes Sir, a memo has been sent to Omni-Pol. Omni-AF and Omni-Admin about this."

*Silence*

"At once Sir. Have a nice day Sir. General Barchus out."
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Sits quietly in a dark alley mulling over the latest events in Boreallis. What the heck was THAT?! I remember stories about Drop Ships, and red suited terrorists from so many years ago.

It brings back such horrible memories.

How tough would it be to phoney up a group of mutants/cyborgs/people and have them chanting some feared chach phrase like "Ashes to Ashes". Easy.. Piece of cake.

Now, how tough would it be to make up a drop ship, or the brutality that seems to come from years of holding people hostage, and not giving a whit whether or not there is suffering. That type of behavour can't be taught... It must be experienced.

Now what? What next? How can we deturmine what we need to do? Well, if I do encounter any Dust Brigades I plan to take careful note, of which group they really are.

Take notes, of every detail, and if they look like the phoney ones, see if they can be followed.
    Advisor--- Veritas
    Fixer
    Clan
    Indigenous Citizen of Rubi-ka