Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a good Hydra team?

Ok I have been doing a team of a mp crat doc fixer enforcer.

Not working as well as I would like. The end bosses in a mission even at full green and on 14.2 (i play on test) are still tough enough to kill part(or all) of my team frequently.

I do find that pet classes do work well with the hydra. I think I am going to try the advice I got earlier in this thread and go all pets.

My new team plan right now is Mp, Trader, crat and 2 engies. I know about the OE nerf and plan to use the mp and trader to good effect in buffing up the engies.

I think I will have the trader as my main puller and and main focus to play. He will have to debuff and mez as needed as well as light heals.

I will let you all know if this works well or not. Any comments or suggestions always wwelcome.

I have not decided on races but currently my MP is nanomage and I like have the extra int early. I know about the disparity in the high levels between nanomage and solitus but in the low end game it looks like the nano has an advantage.
    Last edited by Scott Adams; May 9th, 2002 at 20:38:50.

Here is what I would do as a veteran player if i had 5 machines and 5 accounts to level with.

Crat - Pet, EXP buff, Mass calms
    Trader - Wrangles, team heal
    Meta - Pet, Mochams/infuse/mastery, heal
    Engineerx2 - PET PET PET

Stay out of missions since they arent really good until level 110-125+++, Well atleast with your set up anyways. Dont worry about OE changes you will do fine with this setup. Dont worry about poathing it isnt as bad as people say. the only bad thing about it is the pets cant keep up with an uber team but outside they do good enough for what you intend on doing.

Then find spots that are good to level at with no competition Broken Shores has alot of these places if you leave Home :OP But not until level 40ish. Then move on once you hit about level 90-100 to either mort or missions. You can find some good spots in mort but gankers will come along sooner or later so you could prolly goto the PW cyborg junior camp. That will take you upto mission levels in about 2 weeks if you have the creds to uber twink these players :O)

Smile

Thanks that is good advice.

I have been doing missions to get the drop from chests. I just clear a room and then pull back to the pets so is not so bad.

I love the loot from team bosses but they are a bit hard for me to manage with my current team. That is one reason I am going the uber pet route.

One advantage of playing on the test server is there ARE NO gankers! The population is very low and you rarely see another about. Normaly the people on test are great folks and easy to play with.

You can camp rare spawns etc and not worry about butting heads.

Mx5

It's easy to be great when you have nothing to lose.

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Here is what I would do as a veteran player if i had 5 machines and 5 accounts to level with.

Crat - Pet, EXP buff, Mass calms
    Trader - Wrangles, team heal
    Meta - Pet, Mochams/infuse/mastery, heal
    Engineerx2 - PET PET PET
    Agree.

And using med-clothes which add +78 to treatment/first aid, bought in shops, is a good tips for all low level characters.

And have you considered using one of those devices where you can control several computers with only one keyboard/monitor?
    Last edited by Xeni; May 10th, 2002 at 14:24:23.

hmm keep us updated i'm really looking forward to your advancements.
    They can fly? Yeah.... fly

Azuredreams

Put a Bureaucrat in there if you plan on conquering static dungeons, for much neccessary crowd control. For getting your party around the Fixer will soon be the quickest & most versatile ride, unless you have half a dozen Yalmahas lying around...

Gotta say RESPECT to you account jugglers, it should be all the excercise you can take from a game! ;D

Story time:

Two of our designers are Icelandic brothers (Jon Helgi & Runar Tor Thorarinson). One weekend evening @ Funcom one of them brought a son over and then the three of them hydra'ed all night, taking up about nine machines over two offices in total! <G>

... Hey, if I got the hang of this I could test my own dungeons!

That is a sign of good luck, you have managed to impossible -- Getting a dev to respond to your post!

I would say an enforcer, 2 docs, MP, and a crat.

You would have to moniter the enforcer and 2 docs pretty closely... using your agreesion enhancer on the enforcer and constantly healing with the 2 docs.

If you play it right 2 docs will keep just about anything alive.

The MP is thrown in only for their nano skill buffs, which will allw your docs to cast very high level heal nanos.
    You won't need to give much attaintion to the crat or MP. Just click a button to make the MP pet attack, and set your healpet to automatically heal the enforcer.

The 'crat is thrown in for their experience buffs (+9% exp), AND for their crowd control ability.
    Use the crat when you pull more than one mob. It will happen quite often so its important that you be able to calm them while you focus on one at a time.

For your enforcer you will need to use mongo slam a lot, and get yourself a top quality agression enhancer with "Essense of Pure jealousy" put in it.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 11th, 2002 at 02:47:34.

I see from your sig that you have already formed your team... All looks good, but I would throw away that fixer in favor of another doc.

Fast traveling is nice and all... but I would much rather take forever to get there and be an unstopable force when I do arrive.

2 docs will do that.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 11th, 2002 at 02:49:12.

What escapes me is why play an online game built for hundreds of people if you want to solo it all the way.
    I mean.. more power to you and all but just seems a bit.. redundant if you will.

i think this guy is insane, but if this works out for you, then im impressed. good luck with it
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by Mx5

To answer the question about why? I like to play a hydra so
    1) I dont have to share loot
    2) I dont have to worry about idiots in pickup groups
    3) I can play different classes and enjoy them.
    4) It is a challenge to do and because....
    5) I can!

err...whats the point of playing an online game then?

I must have been living in the illusion it is so you can interact with other people...silly me
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

BTW, I like the names for your characters.:

Rubi Ka Test Live Server
    Bash - Atrox Enforcer 4
    Slink - Opti Fixer 4
    Transcend - Nanomage Metaphysicist 4
    Restrain - Solitus Bureaucrat 4
    Nurture - Solitus Doctor 4

However you picked the wrong server....

Why are you wasting your time leveling on a server where GM's will turn you into a level 200 at your request?

Originally posted by Syryx

err...whats the point of playing an online game then?

I must have been living in the illusion it is so you can interact with other people...silly me
    Originally posted by Veraliar
    What escapes me is why play an online game built for hundreds of people if you want to solo it all the way.
    I mean.. more power to you and all but just seems a bit.. redundant if you will.
    There is no rule that say you MUST interact with other people in online games, but you have the option to interact with other players in online games. If some people chose not to interact with other people, dont flame them for it, its their choice.

For the last quote i would just say that to me it seems, if we speak in general of online games, they have a bit more content compared to other games.

And Mx5 have the tools to play online games solo just as good as he could play a non online game.
    Last edited by Xeni; May 13th, 2002 at 10:19:26.

Talking a HYDRA team.. AO style...

I know this post is not about HYDRA.. but about a hydra.

/sarcasm
    But here is a good HYDRA team:

Iged (President of HYDRA)
    Lovemymullet (Advisor of HYDRA)
    Vhlor (Advisor of HYDRA)
    Demonsguile (Advisor of HYDRA)
    Vijalence (Veteran of HYDRA) - no longer ingame.
    Kachipo (Advisor of HYDRA)

Tell us what to kill and it will be dead.

/sarcasm off ^_^ *teehee*

In the words of some wise dude that lived earlier then anyone cares to remember : "It is late... forgive me."
    Rubi-Ka 1
    Harvey "Kachipo" Birdman - General of ~ HYDRA ~
    Kachipo's Dream Setup.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!" - Gimly, The Lord of The Rings : The Fellowship of The Ring.
    "Toss me." - Gimly, The Lord of The Rings : The Two Towers.

Originally posted by Cranium
    ... Hey, if I got the hang of this I could test my own dungeons!
    LOL could we set up a hydra to test your patches too?

uh oh..*runs away*

um j/k MERRY XXX-MAS!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Meh, that sounds kinda strange, how can hydras be effective in this game.

Some classes have you almost constantly tapping the same key over and over, team heals and worse direct heals.

Specials for weapons, recharging nano kits, moving, oh if you get anywhere good luck!

Just Ive tried with four, two pc's, four accounts to take out Trashking.

MA/MP/ENF/Trader.

Hehe we all lived but damn,

alt tab ,alt tab ,alt tab ,alt tab ,
    Last edited by Rioko; Dec 25th, 2002 at 12:20:21.

quoting syryx: err...whats the point of playing an online game then?

answer: there is no offline version of AO.

It could maybe work ok to play Hydra in outdoor hunting, but would never work good in missions.

Would take too long time to pull mobs and run around in missions looking for mobs.

I think a good hydra team should have a doc and crat for sure, I would probably use a trader, fixer and MA or enforcer

MA/enf - Tank
    Fixer - Pull, tank and snare
    Trader - damage dealer and wrangler
    crat - area calm
    doc - err HEAL!

Would maybe be nice with MP for nano buffs, or NT for HE/crunch
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

With a adventurer you could parrot your whole team and HYDRA smugglers den :P

/scared

Im afeared.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12