Thread: Brushing up on historical matters...

Brushing up on historical matters...

((Wasn't sure if was the exact forum to check these things out, so if it gets warped, no biggy

Ok... Before Rubi-ka was founded nano-programs worked only internaly on living creatures and "reserection" terms didnt yet exsist, Solitus were the only breed of humans that existed. And is the current year 29477 or 29478 or am i way off?

Also any idea what the condition of earth is and how long it would take to travel from there to here via hyperspace?

I've read the timeline and various bits of fluff was just wanting to check a few fact's.))
    RK2 - PATHOM - MY GEAR - MY DREAM
    RK2 - ANCHOVYPASTE - KRESKI - POTLESS - TRUEFLAME

"Escritores: Most Americans think Denmark is the capital of Ikea..."
    "Chipbutty: Lend me your brain Doomaxe, im building an idiot"

(( Alot of the answers regarding nano-technology and it's introduction to humans and what happened to earth can be found in the anarchy online book Prophet without honor.

It's a really good book and it's free.

I find it odd that FC seems to have kind of strayed from the storyline, but it was awesome seeing Eric Miller in SL after reading about him.

I just wished I could've killed him before they patched it. Yes, I'm omni. Yes, I hate Eric Miller. :P

))

((oO speaking about Prophet Without Honour, is it still posible to buy it anywhere? I tried the FunCom shop but all's there now is ShadowLands, all the other cool stuff they usd to have is gone...

I know u can read the book for free but i hate reading books on the screen))
    RK2 - PATHOM - MY GEAR - MY DREAM
    RK2 - ANCHOVYPASTE - KRESKI - POTLESS - TRUEFLAME

"Escritores: Most Americans think Denmark is the capital of Ikea..."
    "Chipbutty: Lend me your brain Doomaxe, im building an idiot"

((Other breeds besides Solitus: According to the timeline, “28711, With ICC approval - as standard colonisation practise - Omni-Tek begins to experiment with DNA sequencing on human foetuses to produce breeds that are better suited to Rubi-Kan conditions than the regular Homo Solitus.” So, there should be other breeds out there. Somewhere, on the boards in the long long ago, there was a post from Ragnar T. about how specialized breeds were rarely allowed to leave the planet they were engineered to live on, but I have no idea where that post is, so take that with a grain of salt.

Of course, Opifex have proven to be useful through the universe (according to the character creation voice), and are second only to Notum as the best thing exported from Rubi-Ka, though we are the coolest. Okay, the last was a bit of an editorial…))
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Marisha
    ((Other breeds besides Solitus: According to the timeline, “28711, With ICC approval - as standard colonisation practise - Omni-Tek begins to experiment with DNA sequencing on human foetuses to produce breeds that are better suited to Rubi-Kan conditions than the regular Homo Solitus.” So, there should be other breeds out there. Somewhere, on the boards in the long long ago, there was a post from Ragnar T. about how specialized breeds were rarely allowed to leave the planet they were engineered to live on, but I have no idea where that post is, so take that with a grain of salt.

Of course, Opifex have proven to be useful through the universe (according to the character creation voice), and are second only to Notum as the best thing exported from Rubi-Ka, though we are the coolest. Okay, the last was a bit of an editorial…))
    YOINK.

:P

(( Eric Miller is in SL? ))

(( Yes, he is part of a quest in the Roch garden. He wears a funny outfit with a lampshade too. Not sure of what quest it's for, but I think it's a quest after the Roch garden key. Occasionally you can see him hanging out in the garden right near the save point. ))