Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important Players Meeting 27th April

Important Players Meeting 27th April

I thought my post and Ragnar's reply might have got through, I was hopefull for change but as yet no action has been taken to reslove the problem.

To not even bother making a token effort with players crying out for something does leave me to wonder what is going on at FC.

This has been a hard week, I have seen a lot of good players cancel, I have heard the Omni Guilds planing to quit on mass if things dont improve, even the pillars of the players community are giving up doing evens and are close to quitting.

I am close to doing the same as well, I put a lot of time and effort in AO but I no longer feel I get anything back from FC. The players are great but I watch people putting a lot of working into events etc while FC cant even be bothered to write a simple report on there web page or give a 10 minutes speech.

The last one was Clan day an event created and run by players, not only did FC not both to show up in the form of Radiman or for that fact anyone. But after the event the clan attacks on Omni, then items in the press, the players felt close to war.

I cant tell you how dissappointed the players are that no effort was made to offically even reconise this action. Its as if Radiman, Ross dont even exist. But worst it sends me the message that FC could not care a hang what we the players do.

On the 15th of May this game is to be re-released I hope this to be a turning point that we can get back on track but sadly I fear not.

I am not asking for much from FC but I want to be heard and I want to here what the future plans are. The biggest problem we have is the total lacking of communication between the players and the FC team including ARKS and events team.

I am taking the step of creating a player council to talk to FC to have regular meetings with them to discuss events at least once a month. The idea is to bring up real players issues about the state of the game, not just moans about certian proffesions, but the good points of AO to.

We have to work as a team and both sides are going to have to help each other to get there. All we are asking is a chat once a month to go over issues and discuss the plans you have and how we the players can help you.

To much of this game is one side working and not invloving the other, this must be as much a problem for the events team as it us for us.

In order to try and force this issue through I am having an open players meeting this saturday in baboons at 18:00 GMT, 19:00 british summer time and 20:00 central eupean time, (lord knows the US times pls someone work it out) to try and get a list of issues I can talk to the events team about.

If you are unable to make the meeting e-mail me your points at Kirranas@hotmail.com. Also if FC reads this maybe you can send me an e-mail to discuss the player monthly meetings as well.

Kirrana
    Last edited by Kirrana; Apr 24th, 2002 at 16:55:15.

I'm in, as a Clan event coord.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I'm very, very in.

1800 GMT =

1400 EST (2 PM)
    1100 PST (11 AM)

I'm interested in being involved in this as an entertainment council.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

*waves*

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I'm in Kirrana. If something comes up in rl, I will post here and let you know that I can't make it.

Vrach, EST is GMT-5 so the meeting at 1800 GMT would be:

1300 EST
    1200 CST
    1100 MST
    1000 PST

The only reason I know is because a lot of my guild members live in England and I live in Florida. I always have to calculate the time for them when we set up raids.

Your absolutely right Kir. I kept waiting for an "official" post about the clan raids on April 18. I was killed defending H20 and I wanted to know how Omni Tek was going to respond or if they planned to thank the defenders that responded.

I know Kir already said this, but I think it needs repeating. If you are only going to come to complain about the game, please dont come to the meeting. Just stay here and complain on the boards. I really want this meeting to be productive and not just a gripe session.
    Nightfear

Proud Veteran of Trinity

Originally posted by NightFear
    I'm in Kirrana. If something comes up in rl, I will post here and let you know that I can't make it.

Vrach, EST is GMT-5 so the meeting at 1800 GMT would be:

1300 EST
    1200 CST
    1100 MST
    1000 PST
    US is on Daylight Savings, like England. PST is GMT-7 now.

Most of my guild is Norwegian. :-)

Vrach:

So when we moved the clocks forward one hour on April 7 for Daylight Savings Time in America, England didnt? Not being argumentative, just honestly dont know.

If they didnt, then you are correct because we moved up one hour and they didnt.

If they did, then I would still be correct since everyones clocks still moved forward one hour.

Please let me know as soon as possible. Not really worried about who is right and who is wrong, just want to be at the meeting on time.
    Nightfear

Proud Veteran of Trinity

England is on BST (GMT + 1). EST and PST are still - 8 in England (on BST), but are -7 GMT.

No worries. :-) I spent a few weeks just showing up for things an hour early, to be sure... hell, the April 18th deal started 2 hours early because no one know what time 1900 GMT was :-)

Count me defintely in on this too, I've posted the news article on AO-Basher and if there is anything else that needs doing, please don't hesitate to ask. This is a _very_ important matter.
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

good idea
    looking forward to it
    remember to log the chat!
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

Great idea Kirrana.

I came back to AO about a week ago after not having played the game for about 3 months.

I was sad to see that not much has changed in terms of Funcom's way of listening to the community. While i was away I've still read the news sites, the official site and checked the boards once in a while.

I have not seen any event or RP thing in the game from Funcom.

We've been promised a storyline so they better give us one.

Reading about player events but never getting to attend anything gets a little boring. Sure, if I REALLY wanted to roleplay i would search out all these player events but should I really have to spend a lot of time looking for the storyline? When I started playing this game at the release, I had a vision of how AO would be. Afterwards I know i should have had reasonable expectations but still they promised us something that they have not delivered.

So, if things do not change in the near future, I'm gonna leave this game for good. Face it Funcom, with all the MMORPG's coming out in the near future you have to deliver something special to keep players intrested. I love the world of Rubi-Ka and the AO community and I sure have had some great fun playing this game.
    But promising players something and then not delivering is totally wrong. Not even showing the slightest interest when players desperately try to keep the storyline alive is just not right.

If there are any spelling mistakes I'm sorry, my english grammar isn't the best around

The IR are in

This was posted on my guilds forum by Cyani. I am hoping we can get a representative there this Saturday, although there is the neutral conference as well that weekend.
    FYI the Independent Rubi-Kans (IR) are one of the largest, if not the largest, neutral guild on rubi-ka.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Apr 24th, 2002 at 21:23:00.

Unhappy Conflicts

Isn't this the same weekend Lev Rivers is throwing his huge party?? Seems like too many things going on at the same time.....which to attend.....

You will find me there...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

I will attend and aggree with Kirrana. I have been hosting the BureauCons since November of last year and have done as much as a player can to "create" content for others on AO in the form of the recent attempts at peace talks for example. I have been thus far extremely dissappionted at the lack of feedback from both in-game events and out of game issues (ie. fixing the professions.)

I am split between continueing to pour my effort and time into makeing AO a better place for everyone but as it stands work put in does not equal reward. Give the players a say so at least we can get some feedback that our collective efforts are not in vain.

So the meeting is this Saturday at 10:00 am pacific?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Time Change

OK I forgot about Levs party which is a bit silly as i posted the news on the baboons site. In light of this I will have to bring the meeting ahead by one hour to give us 2 full hours before levs party so the new time will be.

17:00 GMT, 18:00 british summer time and 20:00 central eupean time

or I think this is right

1200 EST
    1100 CST
    1000 MST
    0900 PST

But if you miss this I will be doing the same event for RK2 later in the week so people will get a chance to put there views across from that site.

Question What time is that?

As this gets very confusing, here is a link to deal with time differences around the world:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...?continent=all

(At the moment, PDT is GMT-7 EDT is GMT-4)

This will take place at 1100 PDT / 1400 EDT.

I cannot attend, but I will send any concerns I hear.

Talking Time Zonessssssssssss

There is one small item that I'll add to the time zone fray.

To further confuse everyone, The meeting time which is recognized as 10:00 AM Mountain Standard Time in the US, will actually be 11:00 A.M. in the glorious (and hot...and dry..) state of Arizona, as Arizona (although in the MST zone) does not officially recognize Daylight Savings Time.

Hehehehee....I just HAD to throw that in

Phikia
    LvL 84 Adventurer
    Rubi-Ka 1

...Ohhh...and I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and promise to be at the meeting, cup of strong coffee in hand!

Well I'll try to be there too baby, but I aint ever heard of the Baboons night club? Could you give us directions?
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast