Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The smuggling of Omni-Med suits

It is not smuggling, because it is not illegal. Omni-Tek makes a profit on the sale of med suits, and 'clanners' are a part of our market.

Omni-Tek does not operate for the exclusive purpose of "the betterment of all Omni-Tek employees", or even to 'defeat the clans'. We provide products and services to the entire galaxy, and clanners are, whether individual OT employees like it or not, a part of that galaxy.

Although it would be beneficial to some of our customers to have med suits available from clan vendors, the extra 'fees' needed to be paid to clan distributors have been prohibitively expensive so far.

Adding extra security to every med suit to prevent use by non-OT employees would not only significantly increase the unit cost, but also drasticly reduce our market share.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Technically, providing Omni-Med suits to clanners could at least theoretically fall under "aiding and abetting" when said clanners commit acts of agression against the corporation.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Posted by Quool:
    It is not smuggling, because it is not illegal. Omni-Tek makes a profit on the sale of med suits, and 'clanners' are a part of our market.

Omni-Tek does not operate for the exclusive purpose of "the betterment of all Omni-Tek employees", or even to 'defeat the clans'. We provide products and services to the entire galaxy, and clanners are, whether individual OT employees like it or not, a part of that galaxy.
    I agree with you, however if we are going to sell med suits to the clanners, we should at least change thier apperance for the pourpuse. After all, you never see a Policeman wearing a Firefighters uniform.

That's a good idea. It could boost sales. I'll do a cost/benefit analysis.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

It was not our decision to be self sufficient, the decision was forced upon us by the constant years of Omni oppression where only the strong survived. I also must ad that I have never seen a clanner wearing an Omni-med suit, and those who do must conduct their secret perversion inside the private walls of their apartments.

Yeah, I've heard things about you Clanners and your secret perversions...
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Zagadka
    Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

"
    SOL Banking, though almost as bad as Omni, has almost as deep pockets. The problem would remain... maybe even be worse, especially in the universe-wide media kickback against Omni.
    "
    SOL Banking almost as bad as Omni-Tek?
    Well, from May 29418 to June 29420 both Clan and Omni seemed to be in agreement that SOL Banking Corporation and TruSpace Networks were the common enemy. First, and not the last, time Omni and Clan worked together for the common good of all of Rubi-Ka´s inhabitants.

As for the Omni Med-suit, it is a commodity as everything else. If Omni Admin or Omni Prime did not want it sold to anyone outside the Corporation then they would put a "lock" on it, just as they have done with the Omni-Pol armor sets and a few other things. It is a fact that you can actualy find older versions of the Med-Suit in both Neutral and Clan shopping booths, and those were sold out to the free traders by Omni Merchandising when the better versions came along. The older versions are just as good, the never versions just have a few more "bells and whistles" on it.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Originally posted by Xhairs
    SOL Banking almost as bad as Omni-Tek?
    Well, from May 29418 to June 29420 both Clan and Omni seemed to be in agreement that SOL Banking Corporation and TruSpace Networks were the common enemy. First, and not the last, time Omni and Clan worked together for the common good of all of Rubi-Ka´s inhabitants.
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

"[i]Well, SOL Banking is probably worse than Omni-Tek, but I'll be loathe to say that up front to a horde of Omnis.

Anyway, I agree that the med suit situation works out best for all involved, aside from some Omni bureaucrats.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

lol, Omni-Tek has done everything in it's power to help the clanners, the planet was founded by Omni-Tek and they were given exclusive rights by the ICC. the people who came to Rubi-Ka had to sign a contract in which they would work for Omni-Tek. the clanners have done nothing to show at the moment that they want peace of any sort. the opressions you speak of is nothing by clan terrorist attacks forcing Omni-Tek retaliation. this opression is caused by nothing but your own doing so you forced your selves to become individually self suffieicnt.
    i myself have not seen any Clan individuals wearing med suits, but i am sure they are there. and as i said, it shows them how much better the Omni cause is then the clan militant cause. yes Omni-Tek was establushed to sell it's items to the people throughout the galaixy, and the fact that they decide to sell them to the clans shows that they are more benevolant then those who speak of opression.

It is just sensationalist reporting! Whats the matter Omtron? No real news to report that day?

The Suits are freely available from Clan Mission Terminals, so we don't "need" to pay inflated prices from smugglers.

And what is your grudge against Obsoleet? Perhaps you are hoping to pick up some land rights when they get kicked from Omni Corp; a typical dirty Omni tactic, if ever I heard one!

Or is this a cover-up because of an Omni-Corp ****-up? Did the designer forget to put the Omni DNA checker in the suit? Or didn't Omni-Tek originally care, as long as they made an extra few credits? But now the tide of the war is turning and they are looking for a scape-goat

This form of sensationalistic reporting and manipulation of the press makes me feel sick, and I am glad to be a free Claner!
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

Sokeljun said:
    I also must add that I have never seen a clanner wearing an Omni-med suit, and those who do must conduct their secret perversion inside the private walls of their apartments.
    Nevver said:
    Yeah, I've heard things about you Clanners and your secret perversions...
    I'd be willing to bet that there's already some sort of mechanism built in that scans the personal record of the wearer and if they are not an Omni-Tek employee it causes the clanner to conduct a secret perversion. Omni-Tek already is very adept at brainwashing their employees; Perhaps this is a secret plot to overly relax clanners so they won't fight as effectively after wearing the med-suit. One could only imagine the sort of propaganda that would be blasted out of the loudspeakers in Omni-Entertainment.

Omni-Tek is a corporation...credits are credits, no matter how filthy or clean the hands holding them are.

Take, for example, the Secondhand Merchant, a woman supplying new Clan recruits with various bits of gear at very reasonable prices. In my time as an OT spy in Clan territory, I spoke with her on several occaisons, an on almost every occaison she offered me multiple items of Omni-Tek manufacture, including the med suit. Her counterparts in every Clan training area seemed to carry one or more pieces of the med suit in stock at all times. I had but to visit 3 or 4 training areas in order to assemble a full suit.

Now, the disturbing part about all this isn't that she simply carried the med suits, but the prices at which she was willing to part with each piece. At something like 2k per piece, I very much doubt she was dealing in smuggled suits. My guess would be that she was buying the suits directly from Omni-Tek and making them available for a slight markup. The prices seemed to be only slightly higher than the prices one would pay for the same pieces in any Omni-Tek Basic Store.
    Karanha: Ultra Blueberry Guru - Gimp Gear

Conversly, I have seen many an Omni employee wearing Clan Anachrist Syndicate armor. Nothing like showing loyalty to the corporation by wearing armor patterned and invented by "terrorist" Clans.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Ditzie gave me a full suit of Clan Anarchist Syndicate armor as a present. I suspect that she killed a Clanner then ripped it from his corpse before it was cold. I'll be wearing it proudly.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Conversly, I have seen many an Omni employee wearing Clan Anachrist Syndicate armor. Nothing like showing loyalty to the corporation by wearing armor patterned and invented by "terrorist" Clans.
    I find the irony of using Clan technology to destroy the clans vastly outweighs the qualms of using said technology.

Of course, I use different armor when in a combat situation, so for me the point is moot.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Originally posted by Nevver
    Ditzie gave me a full suit of Clan Anarchist Syndicate armor as a present. I suspect that she killed a Clanner then ripped it from his corpse before it was cold. I'll be wearing it proudly.
    Are you sure that it will provide adequate protection though, Nevver? On the other hand they probably took the technology to make the armor from Omni-Tek.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

(OOC: Just give us something that adds to treatment that's as easy to obtain as a Med Suit and I'll use it instead)
    I'm the Christian that the devil and liberal media warned you about.

Rubber "Mrfli" Duckie - Enforcer/211/12/equip - Hugging reclaim so that you don't have to.
    Charlie "Deadleet" Murphy - Meta-Physicist/169/05 - I <3 Biazu the Vile.
    Evil "Twiin" - Enforcer/90/05 - I can never remember if I'm the good twin or the evil twin.

((Mr. Fli, this is all in-character. I doubt any of us really mind if clan-players wear the medsuit. We know you need it just as much as we do. This is about roleplay.))

Boy, ya'll don't let a girl forget there's a war goin' on. If you're not literally at each other's throats, you're at each other's throats in spirit. I say we get together in the newly revived Rompa: Clan, Omni, Neutral, and whatever else... everyone in their Medsuits, and drink til we puke! Anyone who doesn't have a Medsuit, I'll be glad to sell ya one for the same price the Peddler sells 'em. Sound good to everyone?

*smirk*
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

I blame the Neutrals myself. They want the best of both worlds. Relationships between Omni and Clan were mending nicely until the damned neutrals hired those Thugs and turned Newland City into a wasteland.

I was particularly upset as it was a great social gathering point and me and three of my sisters went to sleep there one night and when we woke up the next morning, a huge hulking enforcer bonked us over the head and we woke up on the NLC reclaim and he promptly bonked us on the head again, we woke up on the NCL reclaim and he promptly bonked me on the head again! It wasn't a fun morning for me and my sisters I can tell you!

No warning, nothing, I just went to sleep one night and woke up dead the next morning! Since then I don't trust the neutrals to do me any favours.

At least with Omni-Tek you know where you stand, they want you dead... With Neutrals, one minute they host a great party, the next they stab you in the back...

And I am sure they go spreading rumours about us clanners to you Omnis, just the same as they do about you to us.

Personally, I find it hard to believe all that they say about Omni, if you were that bad, they would have joined the clans long ago!

They are quite happy to act a go-betweens selling the suits, but after the Newland experience, I'd much rather deal directly with a corrupt Omni Official than a sneaky, backstabbing Neutral!
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

Originally posted by Lunya:
    I say we get together in the newly revived Rompa: Clan, Omni, Neutral, and whatever else
    I'll be damned before I let a clanner sit in our Rompa Bar in peace. They should all stay in Tir or Athen West where they belong.

As for Lorna's statement, the neutrals in general are not to blame for the mercenaries. One neutral organization, which I am very proud of due to their courage and will to fight the true oppressors of Rubi-Ka, hired them due to the threats made by Tir's inhabitants. You brought them on yourselves.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast