Thread: Communicating with new players

Communicating with new players

Currently, new players enter this world and meet little help, and many times outright hostility by other low level character rerolls who for some strange reason pay to play a game they love to trash talk.

Perhaps there could be a moderated channel for new players that all ARKs (or maybe create another position), would be on. That way they could be helped and not feel alone. (Assuming these ARKs or whoever didn't just gag the channel.) Just a thought. As it stands now, AO is not exactly a friendly place to get started.

Exclamation N00bs

So true, there needs to be something...especially becuase the game manual is so bad.

I almost quit the game when I first started becuase noone would help me, all I had was questions...

-Ballpin

Exclamation

I think this applies
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

it's getting better all the time

I started a new character today on RK1 and was pleasingly surprised to get a lot of attention, donations, info etc.
    teaming up with a somewhat experienced player introducing me to the basics, getting buffed by someone who (ca. quote) "likes to help newbies" made it a warm welcome for me & I liked it a lot!

Thx for this

-----

warmth in the world of slavery - join Omni-Tech-Tourist-Squad

-----