Thread: During a dull day in a Clan listening post somewhere in the Wailing Waste region.

During a dull day in a Clan listening post somewhere in the Wailing Waste region.

"Sir."

"Yes Private?"

"We have picked up a transmission from the Omni Notum mine in The Longest Road region."

"Where is it going?"

"As far as i can tell it´s being recived by Omni-HQ."

"See if you can breach the encryption."

"Already on it Sir. Here we go, putting it on speaker."

Omni Mining:"*Static*es Sir, we are still pretty much in a state of chaos here. The damage to the medical database mainframe was exstensive, but the dump to the lower secure memory units was complete so we suffered no data loss at all."

Omni HQ:"How about the surveilance cameras? Do we have any kind of recordings of what happened?"

Omni Mining:"That is the odd part Sir. From the moment the opposing force training team entered the compound there is no recordings at all untill 20 minutes later, and then all you see is Dust Brigade troopers cutting down our security forces and setting demolition charges on the mainframe, then evacuating by grid transfer. All logs up to that point in time has been corrupted beyond recovery."

Omni HQ:"I´m getting a report from the opposing force team leader that they never came near the mining compound. They had a change in orders to investigate a crashed ship in Avalon."

Omni Mining:"Then who were the people that came here in the first place?"

Omni HQ:"Ahem."

Omni Mining:"Oh. Sorry Sir. I forgot myself."

Omni HQ:"Your guess is as good as mine."

Omni Mining:"Sir, we have been able to get some information from the T.I.M prototype memorybanks. During the surveilance blackout there seems to be some kind of commotion up in the research area, then unknowns moving around for a few minutes followed by a power spike that must be a grid transfer activation. A few minutes later... Hmm. That´s odd. Some kind of variation on the Engineer Beacon Warp program i think."

Omni HQ:"Get to the point."

Omni Mining:"Sorry Sir. Anyway, after this warp signature there is a lot of weapons fire moving out of the research area and towards the mainframe room. Aproximatly two minutes after the fight had left the research room there is some more movement in the research room, and then another grid transfer activation. After that our security system came back up and caught the Dust Brigade troopers on tape."

Omni HQ:"Omni HQ will launch a full investigation into this. Send all the data you have so far."

Omni Mining:"Transm*Static*"

"Sir, they switched encryption. It will be a while before i can crack this one."

"Very well Private. Get to work, and send a copy to Commander Silverstones office."

"Right away Sir."
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

talks to the The Longest Road Mine Supervisor

"Well I hope everything is in order now. Omni-Pol will be sending in new guards soon enough. The unfortunate guards who died are currently reclaiming."

"Yes Director, we will be waiting for the new guards. Another problem has arose."

"Oh, what is that?"

"It seems our communication channels were hacked. Someone was listening to my converstation with Omni-HQ."

"Do you know who?"

"No, Director. But we will be watching our coms more closely."

"Agreed. I will see what I can do to upgrade the commucation network in your area. But for now, repair any damages and rebuild the defense. That mine can not appear weak in such a troubled area."

"Of course Director. Have a good day."

ends the transmission

It a real pitty to hear that Omni-tek channels can be hacked isn't it?

*Grin*

nervously the com technician looked into every corner of the darkened nightclub then turned back to the bored looking fixer

" i wont get into any trouble will i, i mean if my bosses find out im in deep".

"dont worry son Ramid replied as long as you play it safe and keep your head down you have nothing to worry about"

Ramid smiled his kindest smile.

"well ok"

the technician seemed to pause for a second then reached into his overalls and pulled out a datacard.

"its all there the com codes for the Northern Installations for the next 2 days"

grinning Ramid palmed the card and placed a small packet on the table.

" and heres my part of the deal mate, Enough Proxima Prime Stims to keep you happy for the rest of the week. Gimme a call incase you need some more"

Greedily the technician grasped the packet while the fixer slipped away and into the night.

flipping on his Comm Ramid spoke into the mike

"transmitting the codes now, it shoul keep everyone in buisness for the next day or two"
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Seems odd that the Security Camaras would come up AFTER the fact, and low and behold you does it show ... the Dust Brigade!

They are everywhere, killing everyone, all the time! Does this even sound possible? How many members of the Dust Brigade could there be? Let's think about this ...

Highly trained military style force

Large number of members

Has access to advanced technology

Has something to gain by having EVERYONE on Rubi – Ka afraid (and united against “a common enemy”)?

I can think of only one such group, and it's not some Legendary Dust Brigade!

But you Decide!

Originally posted by Eronnica

They are everywhere, killing everyone, all the time! Does this even sound possible? How many members of the Dust Brigade could there be? Let's think about this ...

Highly trained military style force

Large number of members

Has access to advanced technology

Has something to gain by having EVERYONE on Rubi – Ka afraid (and united against “a common enemy”)?

I can think of only one such group, and it's not some Legendary Dust Brigade!

I can think of a few hypothetical groups, and one real group.

1) Omni employees creating a diversion from their own unsanctioned activities.
    2) Clanners doing the same.
    3) Forces of a certain corrupt ICC member known to work with a group calling themselves the Dust Brigade.
    4) A militia backed by a competing company such as Sol banking.

While we're at it, let's not forget that there has to be more than one such group. After the recent Dust Brigade/Midia attacks on several cities, a second group claiming to be the real Dust Brigade began asking questions and pointing fingers. (They were also pointing guns and pulling triggers but that's not the issue here.)

The point is, we already have at least two such groups on Rubi-ka, and they could very well be at war with one another very soon.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jan 15th, 2004 at 00:26:53.