Thread: Game.. G-A-M-E

Game.. G-A-M-E

Flame away. If you are feeling really nauseatingly upset about your race/class/level being gimped, post your directed anger here. Maybe it will make you feel silly for getting all worked up about a game.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Game...G-A-M-E

game n. (gam)
    1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.

Where is the amusement or entertainment? If it doesn't fit the definition, then it can't be a game. Maybe some people have an S&M mentality and like it like this, but outside of those few cases this isn't a Game.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Are we talking about the bboard or the client.exe?

Sometimes I forget which part has the anarchy

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Game...G-A-M-E

game n. (gam)
    1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.

Where is the amusement or entertainment? If it doesn't fit the definition, then it can't be a game. Maybe some people have an S&M mentality and like it like this, but outside of those few cases this isn't a Game.
    Are you one of those people?
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

If I was playing a game and the rules kept changing the whole time I'd be pretty mad.

Imagine playing Monopoly...

Right after you get Park Place and Boardwalk then the rules change and you have to own a whole side of the board instead of just one color of properties in order to build a hotel. Then when you almost get a whole side the rules change and hotels cost twice as much money. You finally get a whole side and buy some hotels then the rules change and you don't get any extra rent money for hotels. After your opponent passes go and earns $200 the rules are changed and if you pass go you go directly to jail. While you are in jail your opponent gets both utilities. The rules are changed so that anyone that lands on a utility has to pay $1000 but all the utilities are already taken now so there's no chance of you getting one...

Wonder if they play Monopoly in Norway.

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk

Are you one of those people?
    Yep, nabbed one so far.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Originally posted by Tappert
    Are we talking about the bboard or the client.exe?

Sometimes I forget which part has the anarchy

Tap
    Client.exe.. the part that puts the pretty stuff up on the shiny-glassy-glowy-candylike-computer-part-thingy.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Originally posted by Nianna
    If I was playing a game and the rules kept changing the whole time I'd be pretty mad.

Imagine playing Monopoly...

Right after you get Park Place and Boardwalk then the rules change and you have to own a whole side of the board instead of just one color of properties in order to build a hotel. Then when you almost get a whole side the rules change and hotels cost twice as much money. You finally get a whole side and buy some hotels then the rules change and you don't get any extra rent money for hotels. After your opponent passes go and earns $200 the rules are changed and if you pass go you go directly to jail. While you are in jail your opponent gets both utilities. The rules are changed so that anyone that lands on a utility has to pay $1000 but all the utilities are already taken now so there's no chance of you getting one...

Wonder if they play Monopoly in Norway.
    Woohoo! Nabbed TWO OF 'EM! W00t! Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Game...G-A-M-E

game n. (gam)

I can do that too.

drudg·er·y
    (druh-jer-ee)
    n. pl. drudg·er·ies
    Tedious, menial, or unpleasant work.

That's what I do before I come home to play games.
    Last edited by Deaddreamer; Apr 24th, 2002 at 07:26:26.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists: