Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take Three With Omtron: Clan Quiz

Originally posted by Aazamon
    Which ship landed on Rubi-Ka first or how to defend your village from roaming Mutants Omni-Tek lets loose in the wild?
    Aazamon, you do realize it was the Clan called "The Eco Warriors" that actually let the mutants into the wild? The reason your villages, outposts and suburbs are being attacked by mutants is because one of the crazy groups in the clans; groups much like you, attacked Omni-Tek research facilities and set free everything in there, even such things that are not supposed to be in the wild.

As for the article, it's the best one I've ever read, and I'm sure it will further strengthen our employees' loyalties.

(( OOC: Omtron's doing a great job ^^ ))

((Edited to fit the fact that Aazamon is neutral, and not clan as I assumed when I first read this some time ago))
    Last edited by Wisewise; Apr 26th, 2004 at 22:35:31.

I am wondering more and more if its all just rumors that Omni-tek "created" these monsters anyway.... you find nearly the same creatures in the Shadowlands, so unless OT also populated the Shadowlands there is probably more to this than the rumors suggest.
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

Lunya reads the gossipy column and frowns... trying to remember the names of the ships before she reads the answers...

Alateen? Atalemon? Atlantean?

ATLANTEAN!

Umm... and.... Rimmin? Roman? Reemer...

Reemer...?

RIMOR!

She bounces up and down on her chair.

Yay! That history programming chip Wolfenclaw gave me when he was tutorin me still works!

Hrmm... maybe I should be a bad Omni girl and sell this thingy to a clanner?

Lunya chuckles and shakes her head, pulling her long auburn hair up in a loose bun and turning off her screen before walking toward the shower

Nothin' like a lil bit of challengin' trivia to start your day...
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

Bah. So OT employees are more up on their Trivia knowledge, big deal.

We all spend to much time dwelling on the past here, Clan and Omni both. I'm tired of all this pointless argument about who did what to whom centuries ago. When are we going to deal with now?
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Our concern is not omni-tech past; it is, has been and always will be Clan future!

There was a time when this history was shared, a very short time. We do not care to know or remember the names of these (slave) ships. What MUST be remembered is that it was the sweat of those now known as Clanners that built the ivory towers and burrowed in the hard ground that make this a home to fight for.

Originally posted by some clanner
    What MUST be remembered is that it was the sweat of those now known as Clanners that built the ivory towers and burrowed in the hard ground that make this a home to fight for.
    What must be remembered is that:
    * They were not slaves, as they were employed and given wages, free to leave the company (and Rubi-Ka) at any time.
    * Omni-Tek terraformed the planet and made the first cities, making it at all possible to live here.
    * Omni-Tek made the planet for the sake of mining notum, which is a boon to all mankind due to its properties.
    * The Clans stole notum and sold it to SOL Banking Corporation, and later started attacking mines (after they gained their independence and their own cities and "leaders").
    * The Clans already got all they ever fought for; the ability to lead a free life on Rubi-Ka. You have half a planet already, where you and your "rules" (not that you have any) are dominant.
    Last edited by Wisewise; Jan 6th, 2004 at 19:58:04.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

You know, Wisewise...an oversight is ok, but plain ignorance cannot go uncommented.
    Your point A) is plain rubbish! When people were recruited on Earth, and signed contracts to come work here, they signed virtual slave contracts..among other things forfeiting any legal rights for a multitude of lifetimes...in addition giving Omni-Tek sole rights to decide upon their future, wether or not they would be allowed to live with their families, etc. In addition to that, Omni-Tek granted amnesties to grave criminals(among them murderers, rapists, etc) and instated them in offices of Omni-Pol among other high ranking OT detacthments.
    Before stating "What must be remembered" please do your research properly.

All the info above can be found in the Introductory Booklet to Rubi-Ka, by the way. No denying the facts, mr.

Long live the Clans and Rubi-Ka.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Fine, maybe that's true, but they still signed those contracts of their own free will, knowing what might happen.
    Also, the rumour that Omni-Tek has ever recruited anyone with an unclean record into Omni-Pol is unfounded clan propaganda.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

I still wonder what is so terribly wrong about the

SS Cactusbrain and the SS Omnisucks ?

I kinda like the ring to it... and history gets rewritten as one sees fit all the time anyway.

Sid

Originally posted by Wisewise
    Fine, maybe that's true, but they still signed those contracts of their own free will, knowing what might happen.
    NO, a contract contains explicit information! No one signed on to be abused!

Originally posted by Eronnica

NO, a contract contains explicit information! No one signed on to be abused!
    You didn't read the contract then. It is clearly printed on this flyer (but not as clearly as I would hope on my electronic copy) given to all perspective colonists as follows in the footnotes:

[list=1][*] Requires subject to sign a multiple-lifetime tenure contract with Omni-Tek®, forfeiting signer's legal rights in perpetuity.
    [*] Subject to availability. Your first choice may not be available. Omni-Tek® has the right to select an alternative domicile for signer and signer's family. Assignment accomodations may change without prior notice. Omni-Tek® cannot guarentee signer and signer's family residence in the same location.
    [*] Omni-Tek® will decide precisely where signer's talents and interests are best suited at any particular moment.
    [*] May not apply to all situations. Omni-Tek® cannot be held responsible for actual physical death. Ressurection is subject to certain restrictions, all of which may change without prior notice at any time. Omni-Tek® is a non-secular corporation and cannot be held liable for any spiritual and/or metaphysical side effects associated with resurrection. The signer is personably responsible for his or her immortal soul. [Edit - if I had written this, I would have added a note about Omni-Tek® owning the immortal soul of the signer.]
    [*] The exotic wildlife may be hazardous to signer's health, and should not be admired too closely or for any great length of time.
    [*] "Glorious future" requires that all rules, regulations and restrictions defined by Omni-Tek® are followed to the letter at all times. Failure to do so will put signer's "glorious future" in dire jeopardy.[/list=1]

So, as you can see from the very first condition, while the contract may not say anything specifically about beatings, it does state that you have given up your legal rights in perpetuity which effectively allows us to do whatever we want with you including dipping french fries in vinegar then stuffing them up your nose.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Thank you, miss Nevver, for taking the time out from your torture chamber to type out the entire set of footnotes. Should be all the clarification needed. Of course, those footnotes were typed in very small print, not easy to spot for the eager adventurous type.

((Nice to see that more actually still have that booklet ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I find it most amusing that the Clans, who dwell so much upon the past, show that they have no knowledge of it.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

you make it seem as if Omni-Tek put a gun to the people's head when they went to sign the contract. no one was forced to sign a contract they didn't want. and it's a coporation not a freaking republic!! the only way for a massive company like that to work is for complete compliance from ever individual. you clan members seem to think that Omni-tek does nothing to opress, and you want to say "lets consintrate on now." but when you look into the past you see countless opturnities for the clans to accually have indipendance within all legal means presented to them. hell at one point they accyally had land legally owned and respected by Omni-Tek. "The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence. " but then the Clans thought that wasn't enough, free land only for compliance with a coporate giant that would help them, they had to go and attack the people who gave them land. "Clan-affiliated terrorists blow up four notum operations in a coordinated strike, killing both security forces and miners. Notum shipments are reduced by 13%, costing Omni-Tek hundreds of billions of credits. " and then when Omni-Tek asked for cooperation to bring the terrorist to justice the Clans refused. you had indipendance and you blew it. it seems you are the ones who are the slaves, when the clan leaders ask you to jump your only responce is, "how high?"
    Your lucky your with us!

If a clan reporter showed up in omni territories would the omni people bother to give him answers ... even if would they still be given correctly ?

Id say no.

If however an omnitek employe visited me it would be the last person hed visit
    Zynical 215 Clan ma
    Kerish 186 Clan Agent

That´s the spirit ZOiD. Give Omni reporters more ammo about bloodthirsty Clanners that want nothing more than shoot you down and steal your stuff.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Zoid said no such thing, he only meant that after visiting him the omnitek employee would have the answers to any question he might have had. Claiming Zoid said any other thing is just example of the kind of Omni Propaganda and paranoid thinking that is so prevalent in this kind of publication.
    If it wasn't for the business-section I'd refrain from taking part of this publication all together since the journalistic integrity has gone down-hill since the Tir agreement was nullified.
    Why is it that we're only presented the answers from two clansmen?
    Surely Mr Omtron had enough times to ask more then two people?
    What other questions and answers are we prevented from seeing?
    Could it be that Mr Omtron has left out other clansmen or women that provided the accurate answers?
    Anyone with even basic math training knows that two people is not sufficient to make any kind of statistical conclusion so how come Mr Omtron seems unaware of this fact?
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

I might be wrong but does it take trivia answers to kill a Omni?
    All ppl on this planet can see the insanity and stupidity of this report the simple reporter only showed ppl his own true intelligence...

Hey there's 2 clanners in the training ground let's ask them these questions... *eh eh eh evil omni tek grin*

But this is never the less not the first time Omni employees sink to this level, i see it as a simply recognition of a loosing side. That has to sink to lame propaganda tricks which obviously only works on people with the same intelligence as brainwashed omni personal.
    And then again this smells like a false report manifested by simple made up names in a made up report. As Zoid said if the omni-tek reporter had visited real clanners it would be the last report he ever did.
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; Feb 26th, 2004 at 01:42:15.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

OOC:

If the reporter writes only what he sees, omni, clan or neutral. Does that not make him seem a little closeminded as what you call every clanner? There are hundreds of Omni-Tek, who knows how many the reporter had to ask before he got an answer.

Talking

OOC: ok this is stupid we clanners are trying to argue against a hundred stupid omnis just to show them that omotron purpusly made it so that omni-tek seemed smarter all they had to do was read the package AO came in the story is all on there. ne1 could figure that out and by the way what kind of freaks actually reads the box neway?? Omni-teks just jelous because they know we clanners are go to win. THE CLANS WILL ALWAYS WIN!!!!

oh yeah im a newb RPer and a lowbie in AO and i still know the answer to the questions
    Last edited by Roophus; Apr 24th, 2004 at 19:47:35.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast