Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take Three With Omtron: Clan Quiz

(( I hardly read this forum but replying to Oldo:

Not to be rude but if you want to show that clans are smarter, use proper English. Reviewing what you type will go along way and show that you really know what you are talking about. Just a tip for you.

Oh I know the point behind this article. That is why I hardly spoke in this thread. Yes, it is omni propaganda. But still every side has its people who are clueless when it comes to the story. So you can not say that clan knows everything and Omni does not. We both have people who do and do not.

But yes I agree it seems that the orginal idea is Clan will win. The reason for clanners to win is that Omni is evil clan is good. This was supposed to be basically a good vs evil sci fi. But things have not worked out to the orginal idea. Omni, clan and neutral are mixed in evil/good. So you can not label one side as good or evil anymore. So in other words you can not go by the lovely sayings on the box anymore.

Not to mention the box is also RP. The clans use propaganda as well.

Yet we got a new evil *cough*Alien Invasion*cough* coming it seems. So we will see what happens.

))

I'd like to point out a few things.

First off, from my point of view, Wisewise placed the NLF with the Clans. We are, always have been, and will always remain neutral in the face of the war between OT and the Clans. We have no interest whatsoever in taking part in something that is obviously just a Solitus created distraction.

Second, I have to say judging anyone based on a few historical questions is just idiotic. Sure, the hatred is there, I'm quite sure a select few Vector Blue members remember that more than full well, even from my part. But I atleast projected my hatred into the now, not to what once happened. Past mistakes can be forgiven, judgement be preserved for the present.

Even at the threat of sounding a trite repetetive, take a second and really, truly, think what you're doing. Who you're really hurting. Maybe you'll see the actual Truth.

(( And on a sidenote, as the years progress, reality has a tendency to leak into RP. That's why we have set guidelines and a Whip to keep all the sheep in the flock, so to speak. A few lashes in the right direction never hurt anyone. ))
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

Originally posted by Nevver
    I thought this was THE most accurate piece of reporting I have read in a long time. The Clans sure like to to talk about freedom and blah-biddy-blah, but when it comes right down to it, they simply regurgitate the same junk that has been pounded into their thick skulls for the last two hundred years. Unfortunately for them, they become so blinded by their own greed that they forget their own "lessons."
    Am I the only one who finds irony in the above quote, coming form the "Captain of the Philip Ross Varsity Cheerleading Squad"?

On the subject of this "news" piece all I can do is shrug. Call us dirty, call us dumb, just do so at a safe distance. Like off-planet, preferably...
    Last edited by BigGreen; Apr 27th, 2004 at 18:35:12.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Time to sharpen the wordsmithing skill once again...

Ho boy! This is always such amusement to see! The arguments that go on after a piece of such inconsequential drivel and the subsequent bashing afterwards once again justifies my belief that the average Omni employee that actually believes what this yellow journalist has to say...well, what can I say? Thanks!

It's clear that they reporter targets a lower level Clan fighter, who is more interested in becoming a better Clan fighter than one who is perhaps a bit more enlightened and has had time to pore through the history to see what has occured and why we are where we are. No, of course he would not do that. He would make sure that the average Omni-Tek slavedroid worker bee would look better by comparison than someone who frankly does not have the full support of your juggernaut corporation for all facets of daily life. Wow, big suprise there!

Of course, you might consider these questions simple and common, but what do they actually mean in the end, other than as a blurb in a book somewhere? The names of the 2 ships? Gah, you hear it every day. The Corporation that sent them? Does it matter now? Maybe to an Omni-Tek employee that probably wasn't even conceived yet when it happened so that they can puff and preen like some Bantam Reet. As if YOU had anything to do with it. Feh. History is something you read for off-times, and the current conditions on Rubi-Ka bear little if any resemblance to the historical quips of "how it all started and how we got here and what happened back then". The lower rung Clanner doesn't have TIME for it, because the scrabble living of our way of life doesn't involve that sort of thinking until one has reached a certain stage in his life when he may do such things without hindering his advancement. As if it REALLY matters.

And again, the answers given by the subject were quite tongue-in-cheek, and of course, humor and irony are not lost upon Omni-Tek employees! Surely not! Hahahaha, I'm laughing over here, I really am. Since this subject was not serious in any of his responses, making any kind of "value" judgement is just spotty, shoody journalism at it's finest. The kind of Journalism that Omni-Tek engages in on a daily basis. Even if they weren't facetious, so what? Does it matter?

Maybe the Clan journalists can assemble a team of reporters and go into the areas near Omni-Entertainment where the drunken marauders normally spend their days when they aren't ganging up on lone Clanners for sport, and we can ask them all sorts of nagging questions about the Tir Accord, or the date in which the Corporation set foot onto Rubi-Ka, under what authority they were allowed to set up shop here, under what au****es and time length is the Corporation allowed to do it's work here, etc etc etc. I'd see more dumbfounded faces than I would...well...at any average Omni-Tek meeting, I would assume. Provided that Phillip Ross would actually give you the time to speak. Speak, little drone, speak!
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

If there were ever to be held a making name contest here on Rubi Ka I am sure youd win Joshua. Its actually quite amusing to read your posts since you manage to find so many clever names that you tie on us Omni Tek employees.

Other than that,sadly, theres just to much word-bending and "hidden" propaganda to make it worth the effort.
    And yes I know, OTPC is not a neutral news office........ Maybe we should all look a little humorous at this particular report.

PS. Joshua, you havent used Omni-Zombie yet have you? Its quite catchy.

PPS. Try it around in kindergarden first. Im sure it will anger someone there.......
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Nanny-nanny boo-boo. There, was that more to your aptitude?

All kidding aside, merely because my writing skill is slightly above average and my skill at alliteration, conjecture and metaphor is something I enjoy using, don't call it "thinly veiled propaganda". And I refuse to "dumb it down" because I do not ascribe to the Sub-Genius theory which states that if you "act like a dumbass, they will treat you as an equal".

No, my comments are not thinly veiled anything, they are my way of describing my thoughts about a clearly and poorly created piece of Omni swill for the rank-and-file robot types in the Omni office pools across the south of Rubi-Ka (like that one? I think it's not one of my best, but I can't hit a hole in one every time, now can I?)

I don't need to bend words, the concepts are there, and my irony is there as a tempering device, and nothing more. I got a great laugh from the Omtron report myself. It's like watching bad religious programming on the video screen. I have to sit back with a big bowl of Leet Snacks and howl with glee, since, as in most cases, the questions an interviewer frames for the interviewee reveals more about the interviewer than the subject. I've always liked that, keep it up, Omtron!

P.S. - Actually I DID mention this in a previous post, but I made it a point NOT to use Zombie Omni because my reference to it was made completely tongue-in-cheek, and was a response to Seventshadow and her use of the Clan epithet "clam" and the uses for said shellfish. And I don't need to try it in Kindergarden, I can just go to the average Omni city and find enough people of that chronological mentality.

P.P.S - I think it's more telling that SO many Omni employees jumped on this as a "sad example of the average dumb Clanner", don't you? Oh yes, I think it is. Now, excuse me while I go gloat in rapturous self-adulation for a few seconds.
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Oh, pu-leeez! As if anyone would honestly expect any self-respecting, hard-working clanner to give a straight answer to any OT spy...reporter...whatever. Of course Omtron's report was biased. It wouldn't have mattered how "Snakezz" and "Alibix" responded, Omtron would have slanted the story anyway, right? (And what do you want to bet "Snakezz" and "Alibix" didn't give their real names any more than they gave real answers?) And the proof is in the pudding, eh?

/me shakes head

I'd have done the same in their place. Any clanner would have. I say, "Well answered!"
    Tip of the day: Don't spend IP unless you know what good it is for. - Afelia
    Clever phrasing does not equal logic.
    Shadrock - advy
    Daedrick - MA
    Meritt- doc
    Doulos - engy

Originally posted by Joshua Crime
    Nanny-nanny boo-boo. There, was that more to your aptitude?

All kidding aside, merely because my writing skill is slightly above average and my skill at alliteration, conjecture and metaphor is something I enjoy using, don't call it "thinly veiled propaganda". And I refuse to "dumb it down" because I do not ascribe to the Sub-Genius theory which states that if you "act like a dumbass, they will treat you as an equal".

No, my comments are not thinly veiled anything, they are my way of describing my thoughts about a clearly and poorly created piece of Omni swill for the rank-and-file robot types in the Omni office pools across the south of Rubi-Ka (like that one? I think it's not one of my best, but I can't hit a hole in one every time, now can I?)

I don't need to bend words, the concepts are there, and my irony is there as a tempering device, and nothing more. I got a great laugh from the Omtron report myself. It's like watching bad religious programming on the video screen. I have to sit back with a big bowl of Leet Snacks and howl with glee, since, as in most cases, the questions an interviewer frames for the interviewee reveals more about the interviewer than the subject. I've always liked that, keep it up, Omtron!

P.S. - Actually I DID mention this in a previous post, but I made it a point NOT to use Zombie Omni because my reference to it was made completely tongue-in-cheek, and was a response to Seventshadow and her use of the Clan epithet "clam" and the uses for said shellfish. And I don't need to try it in Kindergarden, I can just go to the average Omni city and find enough people of that chronological mentality.

P.P.S - I think it's more telling that SO many Omni employees jumped on this as a "sad example of the average dumb Clanner", don't you? Oh yes, I think it is. Now, excuse me while I go gloat in rapturous self-adulation for a few seconds.
    I rest my case.....

Atleast, for once ,it seems we agree that it was something we could both have a laugh at. That, in it self, is quite out of the ordinary.

And dont get me wrong, I do admire your "alliterations, conjectures and metaphores".

I shall retreat from this post with this since it has had enough of my attention as it is.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123