Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Director Moscardelli's Statement on Notum Prices

Clanner merchanting a possible exspansion?

(( OMG if clanners could somehow actually posses there own ships it certainly would provide FC with another exspansion....that could possibly blow SWG away...think of it here...not only could a character level on Rk and SL but eventually work to merchanting in the solar systems...controlling trade routes would be really cool but I am going far ahead of myself now...it may even help balance some of the game mechanics that seem to be slanted Clan side and give neutrals a more promninent place in the grand scheme if they were brought in as the independent merchanters association...Woot..this is kinda exciting..or am I nuts?

..it seems to be a concensus.. we need storyline confirmation from a GM........ Thanks gang

Khas

p.s just tell me to chill if I get out of line..))
    Last edited by Khastity; Jan 3rd, 2004 at 06:29:12.

(( you are nutz . It may add something but then again it may not. It may just compilcate everything.

wonders how Omni-tek fits in Khastity's vision

))

Workin on getting you some details. No one is ignoring the thread, I read it daily.

Most folks are just starting to trickle in from vacation, so it'll bea little bit before anyone has time to answer me.
    Retired ARK Xnemth

Highly doubtful conclusion director

There are 261 mining bases on Rubi Ka at present. Of those 261 bases clan hold s approximately 127 or 48.5 % of these of those mining facilities...neutrals control approximately 13 facilities or .05% and Omni mines approximately 121 or 46.5% of the facilities.Of those facilities

[color=sky blue] <=100 Quality Level bases total approximately 164 [/color]
    These bases are the most fought over of all the bases and can be undergoing constant change over from clan to Omni to Nuetral but the daily averages have remained constant over the last several months....however with the constant turn over production has to be very limited from thes bases. We estimate approximately 62% of total output can be sustain at these mining camps. Omni controls a slightly higher % but not significantly so to offset the higher % that Clan maintain in Higher QL bases.
    1. Clan held = 74 or 45%
    2. Omni Held= 79 or 48%
    3. Nuetral = 11 or 7%

[color=sky blue]>=100QL & <=200 Ql total approximately 59[/color]
    These bases although fought over are more stable in thier ownership and have been for almost a year. their output seems to be approximately 89% of potential. As you can see Clan maintains a significant higher averga from the bases in this range and therefore the out put of notum is significantly higher than Omni's could hope to be.
    1. clan held =34 or 57%
    2. Omni Held= 25 or 43%
    3. Nuetral = 0 or 0%

[color=sky blue]>= 150 QL & <=300 QL totalling approximately 20[/color]
    These bases are the most stable changing sides very infrequently. Here again clan maitains a very significant % above Omni in controlling these larger bases. Output from these bases is near perfect 97% each month
    1. Clan held = 12 or 60%
    2. Omni Held = 8 or 40%
    3. Nuetral = 0 or 0%

-----------------------------------------------------------
    As you can see from our Compiled figures on Clan/Omni Controlled land bases as they stand at present and have been farily consisitent in the % ranges in the itemized level ranges for quite some time.
    It is our conclusion that Omni Mining Record keeping and accounts of supply of Notum is highly doubtful in their assertion that
    Director Moscardelli's Statement on Notum Prices The total amount of notum coming from these private (clan) mining towers is only 25%. The remaining 75% still comes from the mines of Omni-Mining.
    1. [color=sky blue]Our figures show notum output on RK is as follows
    2. Clan= 45.47%
    3. Omni= 34.94%
    4. Nuetral= 4.34%
    5. *Production downtime* = 15.25%
    6. total = 100.00%
    7. *Downtime in production due to destruction of bases and changing hands*[/color]

also the assertion that that Director Moscardelli's states as to the decreased output of northern mining locations is false that is why the locations are graded by Quality Level the higher the QL the higher the quality of the notum which fetches a much more significant price on the open market.

Khastity
    Tempest Legal Department
    Tempest Mining Facilities
    Last edited by Khastity; Jan 3rd, 2004 at 18:16:36.

Originally posted by Xnemth
    Workin on getting you some details. No one is ignoring the thread, I read it daily.

Most folks are just starting to trickle in from vacation, so it'll bea little bit before anyone has time to answer me.
    clan has shipped offworld via Sol Banking in the past in early smuggling effort towards end of 1st civil war. But that began the corporate wars between OT & Sol banking because OT blasted a couple Sol ships and claimed they were smuggling notum...ICC back OT in that dispute...thought I would help... that is the only reference so far I will add more if I find...

Time line page 10 Sol Banking ships clan notum

khastity

Post Comments from Director Moscardelli

Khastity, I have no idea where you get this information but it is not right. Private mining towers do not produce the amount of notum needed to control all of the supply of Rubi-ka. Do you have 4 to 8 conveyor belts coming off your Control Tower? If you do, please contact me for this will be a sight to see.

I was generalizing my estimate on the amount of private towers owned by Omni/Neutral/Clan. I congratulate you and your scouts for having a good estimate of the number of bases. But we can not give perfect stats because the state of private mining tower ownership changes all the time. Indeed the higher quality of the mining tower, the better of notum quality.

But the fact is that what you claim is untrue. Private mining towers are not the only source of notum. It is also not the primary source of notum. Your numbers are correct in the sense of the overall output of notum from private mining towers. But they are highly incorrect for total notum supply of Rubi-Ka. You and your people are totally ignoring the primary source of notum which, as always, is the Omni-Mining facilities around Rubi-Ka. The numbers I have said still stand. Granted the numbers in the private mining towers will change between ownership. But overall the private mining towers only give out 25% of total Rubi-Ka supply.

Thus in speaking of total, overall Rubi-Ka notum supply, your percent numbers still gave clan around 50% of private mining own age. Which still means 12.5% of overall notum supply.

I also did not mean clan towers only in my statement.

(( now after reading my statement and your little “(clan)” add in. I think you may have misunderstood.
    Director Moscardelli's Statement on Notum Prices The total amount of notum coming from these private mining towers is only 25%. The remaining 75% still comes from the mines of Omni-Mining.
    This statement is not talking about who owns what in notum towers. It is speaking of overall rubi-ka notum supply. What I mean by that is not just notum towers, but all Omni mining facilities as well and any other little thing that mines. Hence overall notum supply. Overall notum towers only gives 25% in the total amount of notum produced on Rubi-Ka for shipping, this combineing all omni/clan/neutral bases.

By Omni-Mining facilites I mean mines like 4 Holes ))

(( Agreed Swiftmind. At the time Notum Wars game out, I think it was clear that these were additional mining facilities being opened. It also perfectly clear that there was minin before NW and there clearely are big mining facilities in 4 Holes and Clon****. I am not sure I ever saw official estimates about how much the NW mines account for in the overall notum production. 25% seems reasonable, but its anyone's guess.

Its tricky. A lot of ic discussions eventually boil down to providing proof, to quantifying and qualifying statements made, And of course its at that point you realise its a fictional world and data which would realisitically be available just isnt't.

On the otherhand, you don't want to be in some sort of dork-heaven game, where before you are allowed to even thinking about roleplay you have to study and memorize a 3000 page document contaiing facts and figures of Rubi-Ka. ))
    Last edited by Savoy; Jan 13th, 2004 at 10:14:21.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((Well, whatever the increase in production since the beginning of the Notum Wars, as far as I know Omni-Tek hasn't yet felt it necessary to increase the number of Notum cannons in clon**** So either they had lots of surplus capacity on the ones they had, or the increase wasn't that large. Assuming they had the capacity to increase shipments by 1/3 seems a little big of an increase, but who knows

hugs

lilnymph))
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123