Thread: ***14.2 The Patch of the N00B***

Thumbs down ***14.2 The Patch of the N00B***

Im sorry, i just sat aghast at the list that was put up.

Maybe FC should ask the players about implementations before implementing them.
    This new patch is going to make the game sooooooo easy that it'll become more boring and tedious than is imaginable

"No loss of XP from death until lvl 30

No Resurrection Shock until lvl 25

No loss of items until lvl 15

The start-up First Aid and Treatment kits have had their charges drastically increased. They will now have 300 charges, so healing should be plentiful in the beginning."

----?????? No loss of xp from death until lvl 30?? Im lucky if i die once or twice by level 30. The game doesnt get difficult until lvl 50.
    The game will become sooooo tediously easy that most people will be put off starting new characters for fear of boredom.

Sure it'll be good for complete n00bs, but this is OTT big style. They'll get bored by lvl 20-30 thinking it a game for 5-8 year olds
    Maybe thats over the top itself i dunno. all i know is that this was my first experience with an mmorpg and i picked it up in under a month, the difficulty was just right.

Im not an agent, so i wont really discuss the agents, although from what i hear, its good that your finally redressing concealment, which is as basic to an agent as bread and butter but has been neglected for months.....

The IP Reallocation is also a GOOD thing, since this patch, like every other one before it, never FIXES weapon tradeskills nor adds any more WORKING ones. and i dont want to encourage you to add them, since i think you should fix the ones in the game, since 60-80% dont work. You shouldnt of even added the 80% that dont work yet.

So its good for ip reallocation, coz i want that 160 ip in weapon smithing back!!!

Oh actually, while im talking about changing and swapping stuff. Does anyone else think that all FC does is buff proff after proff.
    One proff is weak, so they OTT buff it, making it super duper, then the one that LAST had an overhaul, becomes the new weak class, then later, *that* too gets buffed to heaven, and so n so in a repeating cycle that never fixes game balance. You just keep buffing professions until another is the weakest. Its a never ending cycle that will wear think quick methinks

Why dont you listen to the players and fix the stuff *we* find wrong? Okay you did with the agent, but most of the rest of this patch doesnt.

Stuff like the cloaker, for since as long as this game has been going, people have been wailing that there's no point getting one, since your noticed immediately coz of energy damage being reported! Not very CLOAKED is it?

And apartments apartments apartments, do you people in FC land LIVE in homes? Well it must be fun living with only 10 items and flowers, pictures and freezers, coz thats all WE'VE got.

I could go on, but i wont. The point is you make needless changes like the Wompa network that no one in this game's population is *****ing about, and dont fix the stuff everyone IS *****ing about. It just seems a very odd way to go about fixing things.
    The good ol american saying of "If something aint broke, dont fix it" springs to mind.......
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

im currently rushing 2 new characters so I will escape the lvl 30 trap.. i just hope I make it in time

Why are people so pissed off about the noob changes?! Jesus.. an online game is -very- difficult for newbies! This helps ease them into it, so they don't get frustrated and give up on the game.

Is this so bad? Give me a break...

Why are people so pissed off about the noob changes?! Jesus.. an online game is -very- difficult for newbies! This helps ease them into it, so they don't get frustrated and give up on the game.

Is this so bad? Give me a break...
    I wouldnt have mind if it was only for the first 15 lvls but 30 ?! geeze its gona be like a big koozy Disney park here now.
    and totaly without any challange at all (this is for the first 30 lvls though) .. what do you loose ? only your insanity..
    whats the fun when there is no risk in gambling with traveling long distances in unknow terrain as a newbie ? if you endup as food you didnt loose any of the xp you had gathered on the trip.

before lvl 30:

player: ow ow you hit me again!
    mob: nah dont worry you wont feel anything.. feel free to come back later and play with me..
    player: cool the mob teleported me back to shop.. sweet!

after lvl 30:

player: wtf ?!?!?!?!
    player: /petition I just lost hard earned xp after a mob had teleported me back to shop.. plz I want it back!
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

dude its so people can't token farm at low lvl ..they're just putting a diplomatic spin on it. which in a way is a good thing but not a good way of going about it.
    and those heals will be useless after a couple of lvl's anyway as they are only have very minor effects on healt/nano.

i'd rather their manual and information on game mechanics would be prepared in a more user friendly manner then noob's would have far less hassle. not that it is that hard anyway you are right.

low lvl twinking is definately being hit hard by FC..what with the oe patch,the previous treatment buff nerf, and this token farming one one too, not a bad thing i guess.

uhm.. might just be me, but im getting far more tokens and at a much faster rate at my high lvl play than i did at lvl 6 .. so those who are token farming now should perhaps go and clean their head ..
    with the current token rules I got a merley 120 tokens last week all in all by just helping people out in team missions .. geeze..
    so unless FunCom has a stealth nerf coming on the token rules I cant see that it would do any good token farming anymore at lvl 6. and thats even now before OE.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom