Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GA Petition

Well for one I think that GA should check OE based on everything else. NTs can't cast their nano progs and save them in bank to use em when they want. engies and crats can't do it with their bot shells either.

On the other hand the requirements are slightly umm insane Green skills couldn't barely reach high enough to hit 762 and only MM can because no major conflicts in implants.

As a engie who will never be able to self cast the top 2 slayers ever use the top pet heal or ac buffs or reflection shields without help from MPs i feel for you. It sucks being the MPs ***** but its life learned to live with it. Yes your right you won't be able to play when there are no MPs around to buff you been there done that Maybe funcom will realize this as more and more people get pissed off.

And yes i agree it sucks that fixers have mostly dark blue nano skills. but fixer has 6 skills which have a cost modifier of 30 or more. engies on the other hand have 29 skills with a cost modifier of 30 or higher so i am not too sympathetic to people saying they are running outta IP gotta make choices somewhere can't max everything
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Ok..after finally seeing at least some basic numbers on the grid armor, I have to apologize.

I didnt realize the req's for it were so insane.

However, I do still think some kind of wear requirement needs to be there...

Perhaps what's needed with GA is a dialing-down of the reqs to cast along with the addition of reasonable agil/sense wear reqs(or whichever abilities are your greenies)relative to it's final QL ....that way even if you needed uber buffs to summon the stuff you could at least wear it.

One thing I think the fixers (and just about everyone else for that matter) need though is a little patience. The 14.2 patch isnt even on Test yet and already everyone is threatening to quit. The final patch notes arent even being written yet. What we've been given are very preliminary patch notes..and a lot will change between now and when test gets it and between when test gets it and when the rest of us get it. Until then, lets just all relax a little and see how things take shape...it does sound like FC is taking a hard look at a lot of issues, including many of the fixer issues (not just GA), so give em time and be constructive...dont just quit and not even try to help the process along. If you've got a suggestion, post it...FC may not reply on your profession boards, but they DO read them...
    Last edited by Barron; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 21:52:24.
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

And yes i agree it sucks that fixers have mostly dark blue nano skills
    im sorry, not a flame, and its a common misconception, but fixers have ALL dark blue nanoskills.

MM -> Dark blue
    BM -> Dark blue
    MC -> Dark blue
    PM -> Dark blue
    SI -> Dark blue
    T+S -> Dark blue

All dark blue, not mostly, ALL.
    once again, this is not a flame, mearly a correction.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by Barron
    Ok..after finally seeing at least some basic numbers on the grid armor, I have to apologize.

I didnt realize the req's for it were so insane.

However, I do still think some kind of wear requirement needs to be there...

Perhaps what's needed with GA is a dialing-down of the reqs to cast along with the addition of reasonable agil/sense wear reqs(or whichever abilities are your greenies)relative to it's final QL ....that way even if you needed uber buffs to summon the stuff you could at least wear it.

One thing I think the fixers (and just about everyone else for that matter) need though is a little patience. The 14.2 patch isnt even on Test yet and already everyone is threatening to quit. The final patch notes arent even being written yet. What we've been given are very preliminary patch notes..and a lot will change between now and when test gets it and between when test gets it and when the rest of us get it. Until then, lets just all relax a little and see how things take shape...it does sound like FC is taking a hard look at a lot of issues, including many of the fixer issues (not just GA), so give em time and be constructive...dont just quit and not even try to help the process along. If you've got a suggestion, post it...FC may not reply on your profession boards, but they DO read them...
    ah, its nice to see eye to eye with you barron. do you see what we're so angry about now?

as for reqs on grid armour to wear, we have posted a constructive argument on the fixer boards, based on it being based around complit, whilst we have no buffs for it, despite being master hackers, it is green, and is already used. we'd be more than happy for this to be the reqs.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Ill bump this one too, this finally made me posts something

may you burn in hell if you do this FC

kill this change before the patch - for the love of god don't nerf us more. The MC req KILLS us already - if you feel it needs a wear req then lower the damn thing so it's possible to use for a profession with 6 freakin' drk blue nano skills! No one in this game uses armor under their level why should fixers pay sooo much to use armor so far under there level by the time they can summon/wear it.

Here's an idea have a dev person actualy PLAY A FIXER past level 80ish -- and I mean PLAY not just create one. And don't just give yourself grid armor try to find and use it like the rest of us and you might start to have a clue about what your doing (unless of course your goal is to kill the fixer class and remove it from the game).

bump for all my fixer friends

I was actually going to try a fixer but some friends showed me how silly it would be. Good luck getting this out of the patch guys.

No nerfing of GA, Funcom.

Help us, help you!

Yep

Il bump this, the Nanos of Fixers have Horrible Reqs.

A wear req won't be bad if its not too high., lower the reqs so a fixer without implants, but maxed nanoskills can cast it if he is 10 levels over the QL of the Nano.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

okay so it's consistent at least that a summoned item have these reqs - the mp items are not different. i'll also grant that anytime you're talking about banks and backpacks probably there's something going on that wasn't intended in the design - but..

this is an insanely difficult thing for any given fixer to get, its requirements are just obscene, and lets face it it's hardly the be-all-end-all of armor options.

aside from the situation mentioned several times above when buffs drop in missions, etc., the fact that this armor now has requirements means it can be reduced in effectiveness by trader/mp mob/pvp debuffs because its based on skills, not abilities.

so you wanna give it reqs because it's consistent with design? fine - but cut down the casting/wearing requirements so that:
    1) each mk version is actually useable at levels where it's really meaningful
    2) a player has some skill padding to protect against debuffs - it's grossly unfair to have debuffable armor.

while you're at it - changing the mc requirement to bm would make ga far less the sadistic joke it's becoming. you can justify trader/doc grid transport nanos and engi beacon warps - can't justify having a nano that ultimately alters the -physical form- of the fixer based in part on biomet?
    ~Alay

Thumbs down It's Funcomed!

Hmmmm i don't understand why you think GA shouldn't face the same requirements as everything else....

can someone explain to me why GA should be different. I am not a fixer so i don't know what then reasoning is.

At it's very core, Grid Armor is like any other nano. It creates a temprary effect that is beneficial.

To put this bluntly, will Funcom require the caster of any nano to meet the casting requirements of those particular nanos at all times during the duration of that particular nano or suffer OE penaties to the effect of those nanos?

No, they will not.

AC buffs will not be affected by the caster failing to meet 80% of the requirements to cast the nano. Evade buffs will likewise not be effected by overequipping.

Now can you explain to ME why GA should be different?

Well for one I think that GA should check OE based on everything else. NTs can't cast their nano progs and save them in bank to use em when they want. engies and crats can't do it with their bot shells either.
    That the nano creates an 'item' is a serious design flaw. It should have been made into a nano effect that only adds to the previously existing abilities, so that it augments a Fixer as opposed to crippling that Fixer; like an adventurer morph.

Thumbs up Bump

I sure hope you all at Funcom actually read this stuff. Also, it would be nice to see some really great things happen soon. I am interested in getting GA but for now it is on hold. I dont want to spend my IPs in an Item I cant find or even come close to casting. If I ever come accross GA as I am playing I am going to give it to my fellow Fixers and let them benifit from it. I may be hindering myself for doing this but that is my disposition and I feel that the weight of the one will benifit the weight of the many. I have yet to find GA cause it is so rare. Maybe one day I may decide to get GA for myself if it is really worth it to me. Till then when I get a hold of Grid Armor I shall pass it on to my fellow Fixers that need it. I say Fixers cause if your not a Fixer you dont need it. I don't want to see someone selling the GA to a Fixer and make some money off of it because I gave it to someone that isnt a Fixer. I will show my Fixer love and pass it on as I said. When I find it Yy, Intra, Whiterrabbit, Jimmysav, and Fixader I will let you know so you can pass it on to whoever needs it. This is not going to be a constant search for me. I will look for it when I can and when I find it I will pass it on to those I have stated.

Please Funcom Fix the Fixer proffession and don't add more problems. Thank you.
    Eclypsedmoon ===> Need a Fix... Need some speed... Need to get someting somewhere and on time... Are you late for something?... If so contact your local Fixer and ask for help.
    Help support your local FIXER so they can help support you. Adopt a FIXER today!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234