Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Council Of Truth: Reformation First Steps

Originally posted by Cogs

I dont want to see 80% of the clans subudued just because they dont have a Storm or SF tag above their heads, sorry.
    My place in the CoT rides on this....1 vote per clan.
    To be honest, I don't think you're going to see anyone with Storm or SF tags participating in this. Instead of approaching this from the perspective of all clans participating, think in terms of all roleplaying clanners participating. Storm, Redemption, SF, and so on are not going to subdue anyone in your RP environment.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by aaronb

To be honest, I don't think you're going to see anyone with Storm or SF tags participating in this. Instead of approaching this from the perspective of all clans participating, think in terms of all roleplaying clanners participating. Storm, Redemption, SF, and so on are not going to subdue anyone in your RP environment.
    ((OOC: While I agree that for the most part those in Storm, Redemption and SF may not take a large roll in this no one should presume so, the door should be open for all to take a spin at being involved. I have known some Stormers and Redemption members to dabble in RP. As well, I totally understand the want for people to have one member one vote but lets get practical. The CoT to work as a player run organization needs simplicity and the abillity to act without stifling procedures. No one is going to take on the full time job of organizing and confirming voters list, registration, vote counts, alt tracking, fraud investigating etc that comes with one member one vote. One Clan one vote has historical and practical legitimacy. You can thing of the CoT as a federation of members like a United Nations. Is it perfect, no of course not, is it useful, sure it is.))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

For all those that fear being crossed in the votings - always keep in mind that the Council of Truth is no government. It's a nucleus from which a free government of the people of Rubi-Ka may emerge. Choose to join, or choose to stay apart.

But consider this: By staying apart you will certainly play into the hands of those that want to see the clans split and quarreling among themselves. For as long as we are divided, we will not be strong.

DIVIDE ET IMPERA.

This is a beginning, a chance, however small it may be. but if you want your children to grow up without a gun in their hands, this might be the only choice you have.

Barring miniature clans from being able to take part might be considered though. If this means "army-of-one" clans or those with less than 5 or 10 is worth giving some thought. But for the time being, let's be happy that there is something in the works.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Old earth lessons

Take an example from old earth . What country was it again ...... ah yes the USA . They did there votes based on the larger clan gets more votes system . Though not on the 600 member clan gets 600 votes. Instead they did it by a population count .

They called it the Electorial Collage. Basicly smaller clans where given one vote , medium clans 2 and the larger clans 3 . This seemed all fine and good but all one have to do was get all of the 3 vote clans . and one or 2 of the 2 vote clans and all the smaller ones would be over ridden. This lead to an effort to please only the larger vote bases, and basicly left the small ones unheard or cared for .

They even had a scandle where one of the caindates used a family member in charge of one of the larger clans to gain that vote. Though what this person chad had to do with it is unclear but he may have gotten someone important pregnet.
    Liyan-
    Genral Omni-Reform
    -The best way to know thy enemy is to be thy enemy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234