Thread: Omni Pressure

Omni Pressure

Omni Pressure
    Joseph Zetrick Matrin

Reporter Zetrick gets citizens opinions on recent increases in Omni activity in the Notum Fields and how that affects Clan Notum mining bases.

It is normal for the tides of the war to escalate, but after reports of Omni taking a huge effort in offense lately, I have had to investigate this, from both sides of the story. Whilst walking through Tir in search of a story, I overheard two Clan citizens talking about how different the war is now, how the tides seem to be turning in Omni's favor. Well of course, like any good reporter, I had to jump on the chance.

I had a small talk with Madroux, a Clanner I found hanging around outside Tir South Gate. I asked him if he had noticed much difference in the number of attacks Omni had launched against us. His reply was;

"We have struck back every time. Omni cant keep up with strong attacks forever, we just need to make the other Clanners aware of Omni resistance. We are striking back"

Strong words from a confident Clanner. There is no doubt that Madroux agrees that Omni is attacking with incredible force lately, however he sees it as a phase. He sends a message to all Clanners that we must unite, and fight together to beat the corporate giant.

Of course, there are two sides to every story, so I set out to see what an Omni had to say about their recent success. I found my way to Omni Entertainment arena and was welcomed kindly by Frostblast. I asked him if he had noticed any change in the Omni attacks. His reply was to state;

"There is definitely some increase lately. Which is good. It's nice to see offence again. I feel we use the element of surprise a lot - usually it takes the clans at least one base to make a good defense."

I confronted him with the possibility of Clan bouncing back, and whether he thought Omni could handle such an attack if the Clans worked together.

"I'm sure we can handle what ever they have in store. I have confidence in my brothers in arms. We are forever ready to fight. No matter how long and how many will be lost along the path- we shall prevail and win this throughout. There is no other way." Frostblast speaks for the entire Omni force with his frightening confidence.

But it is yet to be seen how the tides of war will unfold in the coming weeks, what remains clear is that the Clans must stand united and ready for any Omni aggression.

Clan/Omni Attack percentages for December

Zetrick,

Basically since 12-1-03 - 12-28-03 there have been approximately 765 attacks of those attacks omni has initiated 313 attacks and clan has iniitated 452.

Basically Clan has a 31% higher attack ratio than Omni's and as the xp % sits atm Clan has a 9.52%

Khastity

Well, I think we've all known that the Clans have been the aggressive ones who aren't interested in peace, regardless of what Clan propaganda publications like FJRK try to get over on us.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( you actually count attacks?! ))

The sudden increase in attacks by one the Clan organization in particular, Demolition Squad against legal Omni-Tek notum mining holdings.

This Clan organization more than any other of the rebel Clan orgs, seems to be bent on causing destruction of Omni-Tek property and escalating already tense situation between Omni-Tek and the Clans.

Be aware to all Clan organizations that look to pillage and destroy legal Omni-Tek holdings will bring swift and indiscriminate justice from the only legitimate authority on Rubi-Ka......Omni-Tek.
    "...Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting...."
    -Sun Tzu

"Clubliaison" - Corporal of Omni-Pol
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/1/name/clubliaison

Omni-Pol - To Serve and Protect

I'm just happy that there is at least one honest Clanner like Khastity who is willing to stand up and admit that the Clans are the aggressors. She even goes so far as to counter what Clan propaganda tries to lie about and shows us actual numbers that clearly prove what she says rather than throw out baseless words and acusations.

I am humbled by her actions.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jan 3rd, 2004 at 22:32:18.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Since I am honest hard working Omni-Tek Employee, my words are not biast. But I can say this with the upmost amount of confidence: whoever is winning the war when it comes to notum mining is almost not an issue. Since Omni-tek owns the entire planet, than any profits made by mining operations rightfully belongs to the Omni-tek coporation. But Omni employees shouldnt take my words as a request to stop fighting, instead we should take as much land as possible, to prove once and for all that our beloved Omni-tek is the one and only governing force on rubi-ka. And those mutinous clanners will soon realize this when they see armies of faithfull Omni-tek followers out side the gates of Tir and Athens, ready to reclaim what is rightfully ours. If the the clans think they will ever have any standing on rubi-ka, they are seiriously mistaken.

Ah..not quite acurate

Originally posted by Monswuki
    Since Omni-tek owns the entire planet,
    Ah ....no Omni Tek Leases the land from ICC and in less than 100 years that lease is up...
    January 18 29444 OT Lease severely reduce due to War crimes in the corporate wars

Sol Banking will have lease rights on notum mining in coming years...
    year 29444 SOL Banking is granted by ICC Limited buyers rights on RK begining 1-1-29500

And once upon a time Clans actually held limited leases from OT and we actually paid you for it according to our agreements.
    **looks through her files** ahh here we go
    July 4 29223 Clans are granted Limited Leases from Oni Tek

Have a good read sir

Khastity
    Last edited by Khastity; Jan 4th, 2004 at 01:35:48.

Well since you want to fight like that... here you go

The Sol corporation has no real influence on rubi ka. They have filed many lawsuits and never won a single one. The Clans and Sol Banking frequented under-the-table operations exchanging supplies for notum.
    Ref. 29203
    That was found to be illigal since Omni-tek does own the lease, after the war with Sol Banking ALL notum shipments off the planet were handled by Omni-tek
    Ref. Jan16 29212
    The Omni-tek council the agreed to give the clans a limited lease as long as the clan athourities cooperated with Omni-teks wishes
    Ref. July4 29223
    After the second civil war Ref. may 17 29374 to july31 29387 ICC filed a complaint against omni-tek, but since omni-tek still held the laese they were dismissed
    Ref. Sept5 29387
    After deliberation ICC and Omni tek agree to make the lease out until Mar13 29444 (the clans had no say in this), it was also agreed that omni-tek could keep the lease beyond that point as long as the complied with ICC requests such as making technology availible to itself, avalible to the clans as well.

After the third civil war the Tir accord is signed, resulting in a permanent cease-fire
    Ref Jul4 29470
    the Agreement in the Tir Accord was not Clan independence but rather to give the clans ful control of thier own sub-leased territories, not including the land bought by Lord Galahad.

On Oct18 29476 the Tir accord was abolished, giving Omni-tek control of Rubi-ka once again, exept of course for the 20% of northern land still sub-leased to the council of truth. Then on Nov29 29476 ICC urged Omni-tek to let the clans mine notum as part of the lease agreement. However Omni-tek to this day still has exclusive rights to off world notum distribution.

So what did we learn from this little history leson? Ok, so omni-tek dosent OWN Rubi-ka, they just lease it and as part of an agreement with ICC they ALLOW the clans to sub-lease 20% of the northern lands and mine notum for thier own use or to sell back to Omni-tek. But dont kid yourself about whos really in controll here, as long as the stipulations to the lease are met, omni-tek will be able to renew the lease, and the only way the clans can ever change that is to start another civil war, wich would cause ICC to intervene on Omni-teks beHALF. in short, go back to yourr history books before you make groundless statements... Ill even help you.
    Timeline
    The Tir Accord
    Last edited by Monswuki; Jan 4th, 2004 at 06:43:00.

Originally posted by Monswuki[/i]Well since you want to fight like that...

I wasn't fighting with you i merely pointed out your mistake about the ownership of Rubi Ka OT leases Rk from ICC...ICC owns RK...also I pointed out that Clans lease their Mining opperations and pay OT and have done so since "The Clans Rights Treaty" established 7-4-29223.

Originally posted by MonswukiICC filed a complaint against omni-tek, but since omni-tek still held the laese they were dismissed

ah not...

Sept 5 29387
    ICC submits a formal complaint against Omni-Tek. The complaint is supported by all member-corporations. Omni-Tek defends its actions in accordance with the lease, and rejects the complaint as groundless.

All member corporations of the ICC supportted the legitimate complaint against Omni Tek's overtly harsh treatment of clans during the period 5-1-29374 to 9-5-29387 especially the massive onslaught against clans that started on 7-31-29387. Omni tek a member of the ICC completely dismissed every member of the entire ICC who all agreed such overt military action in this case was un- warranted. Omni tek choose to ignor the ICC in this case completely not because of any lease issue..but because Omni Tek did, in this case, as it damn well choose without regard to its obligations or agreements as a member of the ICC. Omni Tek ignored the ICC. The ICC did not say in this case well since you hold the lease we will ignor the issue Omni tek. As you have basically stated happened. That is complete poo poo.

And that is Why the corporate wars started in the first place and killed millions of people on over 250 habitable planets. Because Omni Tek has a habit of overreacting and then later saying we own it. We can do with it as we please.

Omni tek did that then and pushed around the entire ICC made a mockery of the ICC...And that action cost in the long run millions of live on 500 planets spread across the galaxy.

Millions of lives

Khastity

I definitely think that there has been an extreme dropoff in Omni aggression in general. It is almost like they've given up the fighting for the time being - or they're busy planning some move on the Shadowlands portal.

Originally posted by Nevver
    Well, I think we've all known that the Clans have been the aggressive ones who aren't interested in peace, regardless of what Clan propaganda publications like FJRK try to get over on us.
    Clan aggression? How do you explain what has happened in Camelot, in Newland, in Jobe, in Tir? Almost every Clan and Neutral government has faced either collapse or disruption at the hands of "mysterious" forces. The towers are not the only source of "attack" - Omni has been more than busy on their own terms. It is all the disrupted and disorganized Clans can do to strike back at towers.

At the very least, you could do us a favor and get rid of the Sentinels in Tir.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Zagadka
    I definitely think that there has been an extreme dropoff in Omni aggression in general. It is almost like they've given up the fighting for the time being - or they're busy planning some move on the Shadowlands portal.

Clan aggression? How do you explain what has happened in Camelot, in Newland, in Jobe, in Tir? Almost every Clan and Neutral government has faced either collapse or disruption at the hands of "mysterious" forces. The towers are not the only source of "attack" - Omni has been more than busy on their own terms. It is all the disrupted and disorganized Clans can do to strike back at towers.

I would say that this proves that the Clans can't even govern themselves much less a planet.

As for getting rid of the Sentinels for you....if Omni-Tek ever decides to go all out in getting rid of the Sentinels it will be because it is in Omni-Tek's own interests, not the clans. How amusing that you would be asking Omni-Tek to deal with the Sentinels for you. Who will protect the Clans when the lease is up if Omni-Tek has to leave? If you can't even govern your own people you will have a difficult time dealing with all the hypercorporations that are out there.

Originally posted by Zagadka

I'm not sure what you're talking about with "mysterious forces," particularly in regard to Jobe. However, the Sentinels are YOUR problem; they are Clanners born and bred. Please stop crying to Omni-Tek every time you are not happy with something and try to do something for yourselves.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Aniee

I would say that this proves that the Clans can't even govern themselves much less a planet.

As for getting rid of the Sentinels for you....if Omni-Tek ever decides to go all out in getting rid of the Sentinels it will be because it is in Omni-Tek's own interests, not the clans. How amusing that you would be asking Omni-Tek to deal with the Sentinels for you. Who will protect the Clans when the lease is up if Omni-Tek has to leave? If you can't even govern your own people you will have a difficult time dealing with all the hypercorporations that are out there.
    Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

"The Clans shouldn't govern Rubi-Ka. Once Omni-Tek's lease is up, the government should not be one of rebellion, it should be one elected by all of the people of Rubi-Ka, including Omnis. It speaks tomes that Omni employees assume that the Clans want to rule Rubi-Ka in a dictatorship like theirs.

As for the Sentinels, you missed the joke. They have proven to be of little consequence, almost as inept as the CoT and CoA. If you think that the shining example of Omni-Tek, forever infighting and having rogue departments issuing sweeping orders and warrants for each other is much better... well, I'd rather live in Athen or Avalon or Broken Shores or one of the dozens of peaceful and orderly Clan cities. If you haven't noticed, and you probably haven't, the city of Tir has been all but deserted by Clan citizens. The streets are empty and few populate the shops. If it weren't for the Arena there, I doubt many citizens would give it a second thought.

Tir is as dead a city as 4 Holes, and all the better for it.
    "
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Oooh, a heated debate! I'm gonna have to keep tabs on this one, hehehe. ;)p:

THE TRUTH ABOUT RECENT MINING TOWER BATTLES

I'm not sure if our intrepid journalists are simply practicing Superficial Reporting 101, as taught in all journalism schools, or have spent too much time junketing on editorial money to GSP parties. In either case, they obviously never bothered to consult with the most interesting of all sources - organization leaders who have lost mining towers. These are the men and women truly bearing the brunt of today's notum wars.

For those of you interested in a more in-depth analysis, I offer this from my private files. My investigations were financed by an Omni-Tek leader whose organization had suffered greatly last month recent events. She wanted to know what was really happening, and knew of my reputation for having sources on all sides (clan, omni and neutral alike). She got her detailed report in sections over a period of weeks. I offer here the highlights she's allowed me to take public, in the interests of educating omnis, clanners and neutrals, as well as those newspersons not too hung over to focus on the printed page.

Last fall, a relatively new clan organization called "Demolition Squad" began attacking Omni-aligned private mining interests. There were many new and interesting aspects to these attacks. First, DS as an organization is composed almost entirely of low-level clanners (average level is still below 50), but they are outfitted with extremely costly equipment. Popularly known as "twinks," these fighters all carried grossly oversized NCU rigs designed to hold high-level nano programs run on them by 100th to 200th level support personnel. This makes them virtually invulnerable to normal 15th to 30th level warriors, as some omni organizations discovered to their dismay.

Being low level, DS concentrated on attacking low-level omni towers. Typically they targeted smaller, weaker omni organizations first, bypassing the low-level towers of the large, famous and dangerous groups. As a result, most small omni organizations had lost their towers and their land by Christmas. Why did this occur?

To deal with a DS "twink attack," omni defenders need their own twinks, with their own high-level support staff. In addition, it's good tactics to have additional high-level "fighter cover" to protect support staff and/or knock out opposition supporters. Small organizations rarely even have a dedicated "tower fighting" team, much less multiple tiers full of specialized support and "fighter cover" staff. At best, the small omni organizations could only respond with a few ordinary fighters, who were quickly and repeatedly slaughtered by opponents they literally couldn't touch.

Even more interesting was DS's refusal to put up their own low-level tower when they destroyed an omni one. They had no interest in building and defending towers. After all, virtually everyone in DS was an "alt." Their "main" family member was in a different organization entirely.

As a result, when an omni tower was destroyed, and DS failed to put up a clan tower, omni organizations realized that "free land" was now available. Most large organizations interested in mining and seeking land have a "tower placement squad" waiting, airborne, ready to overfly and claim any land that comes free – all within a matter of minutes.

As a result, the original omni organization who lost the tower almost never had a chance to rebuild, since someone's "tower placement squad" inevitably claimed the land first. Especially since most of the land was prime real estate next to one of the major omni cities or whompas stations.

The net effect was to knock small omni organizations out of the mining business. Organizations were demoralized, sometimes with members leaving Rubi-Ka in disgust for more interesting places. Those who figured out what was happening realized that defending a low-level tower was now actually harder than higher level towers, due to the need for a multi-layered "twink and support" approach.

In effect, DS functioned as a classic "griefer" organization with a new twist. They "ganked" (killed with overwhelming and unanswerable power) low-level towers of weaker organizations, putting them out of business, and in some cases, driving them off planet entirely.

One potential response by omni could have been to create a corporation-wide defense and security alliance. However, those organizations with tower-fighting capability at the appropriate level were unwilling to expend effort and resources to help those who lacked this ability, especially the smaller, lesser-known organizations.

Another potential response by omni could have been to determine the parent-organization that spawned Demolition Squad, and punish it with constant attacks in reprisal for DS's activities. I spent the better part of a month, and yet more money, including a fair bit of personal wealth, determining this parent organization. Alas, I have yet to discover any major omni organization interested in this information, much less willing to act upon it.

In fact, omnis have taken the predictable and easiest path, although the least honorable. A number of low-level "tower twink" organizations have sprung up within Omni-Tek. These groups imitate some or all of DS's tactics. They are now preying on the low-level towers of the smaller and weaker clan or neutral organizations. Needless to say, this isn't punishing the true instigators, but instead just spreads the misery to yet more innocent victims. These reverberations within the clans are what seems to have finally sparked the belated and inaccurate reports by the official press of Rubi-Ka.

Curiously, all this low-level tower combat has inspired a new round of mine wars on all levels. Dedicated mining fighters have discovered that small but expert groups carry disproportionate weight, as many powerful fighters are deep in the Shadowlands, unwilling or unable to drop everything for the sake of a tower. This is exacerbated by those 24x7 adventurers who were first to claim some of the fine new Shadowlander equipment and advancement, giving them a major edge in tower battles.

Notum mining, and the warfare associated with it, has definitely changed on Rubi-Ka. It has entered a new and vastly more specialized age where you must have the right equipment, the right knowledge, and the right organizational membership to have any chance at success. Lacking these, you are simply a ganking and griefing victim in the making.

- Betji
    Freelance Atlantean Agent

Re: Ah..not quite acurate

Originally posted by Khastity

Sol Banking will have lease rights on notum mining in coming years...
    year 29444 SOL Banking is granted by ICC Limited buyers rights on RK begining 1-1-29500
    No, that actually says that Sol Banking will be allowed to buy limited interest on Rubi-Ka, not lease it.
    You'd have to go through the actual transcripts as to what they mean with "limited interests" though but there is a lot more to Rubi-Ka then notum mining.
    Maybe Sol Banking could buy Plains of Salt or something like that. It didn't say anything about granting Sol Banking the lease of the whole planet. Btw this permission was granted by the ICC and I could not find anything claiming that it was revoked.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Jan 26th, 2004 at 18:21:55.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Sol Banking and Salt Mining?

I do not think Sol banking will be after salt mining on Rubi Ka. What they will want to buy into is the notum mining, notum trade as well as the merchanting of Notum. Look at thier history they have covertly mined notum in Rubi ka before.

In fact I personally have often wondered if the "Dust Brigade" isn't a Sol Banking backed clan faction utilized to spread more and more discontent between clanner organization and Omni Tek.

Khastity

Well Sol Banking could be looking for raw land that they could terra-form and put up a recreational resort in. How about delux housing? More and more people on both sides assemble large fortunes and may want their living quarters to reflect that.
    I do not know so much about the salt mining business but if it has been with us since we left earth I'm sure it's not about to vanish now.
    I'd say that Sol Banking do want to make a profit but they have agreed (in the past anyway) to comply with OmniTeks monopoly on the shipping of notum so I'm not sure how they are going to invest in notum mining without further enhancing OmniTeks profits.
    I think they're more likely to invest in areas that provide services to the notum business, providing the tools and know-how to inexperienced entrepeneurs. What about water resources? We've got a lot of desert here and if water supplies would fail the demand and price for any kind of water would sky-rocket.

Where the Dust Brigade get's their funding or what their goals & motives are things I'd prefer to know as little as possible about. It's a statistical fact that the more you know the shorter you live...
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

WHat?
    Sol Banking has in the past a history of covertly mining notum on Rubi Ka.....Omni tek has filed charges against with the ICC because of such allegations. That is one reason OT blew up Sol banking transport ships. There is huge profit in Notum Mining and Sol banking wants a piece of that pie as much as any other corporation out there.

I do not think Sol banking is going to come to RK for Salt mining. Or for any other support services and if the Nanomages are concerned over Notum depletion on RK now. When Sol banking gets here it will not be OT and Clan that is harvesting Notum but another Corporation just as equally dificult to control as Omni Tek. You can rest assurd between OT Sol banking and clan mining operations there will be problems with depletion of Notum.

Unless an independent government is set up on Rubi ka that can regulate the notum mining operations overall notum depletion is assurd in the near future. That is one reason to help back the new CoT .

Khastity