Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next event should be at european time

Next event should be at european time

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself, Grosboeuf, advisor of Consortium Sofratus, french clan guild.

Last night event started at 23h00 GMT.
    In france that means midnight on tuesday.

Are you , Funcom, aware that a LOT of europeans are working??? to pay your monthly subscriptions, we must have a job....that means that most of europeans players cannot play at this hours...

You told us a lot of time that there will be events for Europeans players too....NOT TRUE apparently.

If you are really planning to do events for europe, start some of them at, let say, 20h00GMT (good time for everybody I think).

Maybe you don't care about europeans players....so SAY IT NOW please...so we 'll look for another game...IF the game for europeans players only consists in Kill/XP and there's no story at all, most of the members, of the guild I belong to, will quit soon......

Hope you'll read this post.

Regards,

GrosBoeuf
    Enforcer on RK1
    Advisor of Consortium Sofratus (French Clan Guild)
    Last edited by Grosboeuf; Nov 28th, 2001 at 11:50:50.

Angry Does Funcom need europe?

I agree with Grosboeuf, does funcom think this game is such addictive that we'll sleep at work to play by night?

For now, the story is just articles on communauty-site and fan-sites, never seen any more stuff. why should i play an incomplete game?

If European players are just allowed to pay monthly subscriptions and play on their own, just tell it...

Idahoh French player with awful english

Angry

I think you should really be aware of demands of european players ...

I think that s really a shame that a european game editor makes everything only for Americans !

Do you think our money not worth to invest in europe ?

I think i pay the same amount every month than everyone else, so i think i can participate in the story as everyone is US can ...

I really hope you ll change your mind and do as you said earlier : events happening at different hours to allow people in the whole world to participate .

HaazelThorn
    Enginner 30 on RK1

Angry i agree

ok agree with all that
    would be a good idea to have more events at various hours....to allow more people from various non-us countries to assist those events
    may be a BIG event a week end for us week workers would be great too

Same for me !

Every MMORPG it's same thing...
    why US people have events and not european.?
    don't we pay the same price to play ?
    furthermore Funcom is from Norway and doesnt think to European people..
    i can undesrtand ur state of mind about this fact ...
    just make more events and with European hours, u risk losing a lot of people ... we cant't keep playing AO by just doing Hunt , missions and shopping. U ll lose a lot if u dont do something for that.
    thanx for reading

Kemz , officer from Consortium Sofratus. French Guild

Thats ENOUGH !!!

Hi , guys of Funcom , do you think European money smell bad ???
    Do you really want us to leave AO ??? Well , continue to do events only for USA people , and i promiss you to do my best to bring with me the maximum european people i can to play another mmorpg , lets me tell you why i play AO : cause Funcom promisses us a new type of mmorpg , with a true story , whit real events , etc , etc , i m sure you know what i mean...but where are all theses promisses things ??? NOWHERE , ho damn , no sorry , they are at 03h00 of the morning , when europeans sleeps because they have a job and a social live too...

I m seriously thinking to bring back all my friends to Everquest, Shadows of Luclin will coming soon soon soon , or maybe to Dark age of Camelot , or why not Star Wars Galaxy , Verant do a big promote to people combining EQ and SWG account.

We are ALOT not satisfied by your empty promesses , remember europeans ( hu , Funcom is not an "european firm" ? ) are many and many , if you think you dont need our money , ok , say it and we shall do what we have to do , and if you think Europeans are important , well , stop to do events only for US people, and include us TOO in your events , do them at 20H00 or something like that , its a nice hour , alot of us are at home at this hour and playing AO.

Greetings.
    Lyndana .

I agree with Grosboeuf, does funcom think this game is such addictive that we'll sleep at work to play by night?

Exactly, but the thing is, I sorta do that... I go to college 5 days a week, work sat/sun/mon.
    I play from 9pm everyday till about 4/5am, sometimes 6am.

I have been for the past 4/5 years, Im used to it, dont need much sleep.

Lucky me :]
    but id like to have storys around evening times, say 10pm, to some thats too late but...arg.

Eveyone has different times.

But Ah.... did you consider that some events may take place for a few days?! :]

Maybe a big advancment on foot by some mechanical spiders or something.
    Like from one place to another and omnitek/clans have 24 hours before the city comes under attack.

At which they could all go out and kil kill kill or.... Make up a big defence line.

300 % agree with my friend Grosboeuf.

This game isn't EQ, you haven to sit and loose time to get "mana" back, and you don't have to spend all you night in some plane farming.

The european community is so large.

Your job is to work while people is getting fun but actually your own customers are also working/sleeping while thier friends have a chance to participate in event and to be involved in the story line.

What are the chances for european "guilds" to be influent in the storyline actually ? ....

PS : vive l'europe !
    Persoue agent 205

so

I am european to ,ill play of 2O has 00 hours but also im in the incapacitee to participate in events moreover almost non-existent on rubika dimension 2.
    If Funcom does not want that her customers, attracted by promises which do not seem real grow tired it would be interessant to organize events on schedules more adapt..
    Tirean on Rubika 1 and 2

Proud fixer of the Clan Org AiR.

Angry I also want to participate

I choose AO to play events in a role play style game.
    I'm still waiting to be in one.

I hope you will listen to us, and make events a european time.

I also got a job and i will be pleased to be considerate as a player.
    I pay for your game and i've not the same advantages than US players.

Be sure that most of all European people will have the same point of vue.

Docbaf
    etc

i agree

but ya know many games thrive even without a storyline, asherons call for example. most games of this type are nothing more than hunt/kill with the story being told or passed on by NPCs. and most games are based in america, on american time.

but yes with a storyline like this euros should be allowed to participate too.
    WTF funcom include everyone. why not a midnight raid by cyborgs where only euros will be able to attend???

i live in chicago, i miss alot of american events cause i work. i usually get to sign on in time to see the end of the events. damn..... just realised something. if im not a lazy bastard with no job i miss out on alot of the story. contact me before ya schedule an event so i can be sure to be able to attend.

Originally posted by Cloudeh

Lucky me :]
    He he Lucky you you finally became a kind of mutant

I would be very satisfied if funcom give us long time during event (a week?), that's a good way to make people on rubi ka help each other 24h/24h for the same goal
    And there are so many possibilities in this case

Question One more thing

I know that the guild leaders know that events will occur by using the "guild leader channel".
    This channel should be extended to the advisors and veterans (for a democratic guild, don't know the other status).
    The leader is not playing 24H/24H but there's always at least one veteran connected that could inform the guild that something is happening.

What do you think of that?

PS: Maybe the new channel we got after the patch will have this role.....anyone knows anything about the new channel?

Grosboeuf
    Advisor of Consortium Sofratus (French clan)
    Last edited by Grosboeuf; Nov 29th, 2001 at 10:29:17.

I thinks its that idea someone put, about publicising events, one day ytou migh here it say " MONSTER ATTACKINR ROME ALL OMNI REPORT TO RED SECTOR" heh.
    Why rome loool, maybe HQ :]

AGREE

I totally agree with... well about everyone who posted here... If I chose to leave EQ and play AO, it was because of their main difference: THE STORYLINE!

Peine, belgian member of the Consortium Sofratus

agrees...

Still think it would be most fair to do one happening in european time, and the next in US time, and the next in european and so on and son on...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Thumbs up Idaho had a greet idea

That's it i think

Stop now the very-night events and make strong chalenge that will spend a long week , and may the result have an influence int he story , that will be a way to earn the money we spend in playing RPG .

And that will allow all world , all workers , all schooler to paricipe .

But i think , u must stop night event , even if i have pleasure in playing AO , think 'ill follow Lyndana if she initiate an exit demonstration .

Sorry to be busy about that , but ...

Thumbs up No, it's all fair

Events take place when the Americans come home from work, so that they can take part in them.

Patching + additional server downtime always take place on European afternoon, so that we can be the first to enjoy the additional extra downtime, lag, new bugs, emergency patching etc when we come home from work.

See? They have something for everybody, no matter where you live.

One idea for the pot.
    From what ive noticed (note personal experience only)
    rk2 does seem to have a majority of european players on compared to rk1
    maybe a dual timing of events us time on rk1 euro on rk2 would help

..acctualy, thats not a very good idea, since there are lots and lots of european players in RK1...Mayhep there is a larger % european folks in RK2, but that doesnt mean there are more acctualy european players at RK2 then RK1, and I for one doubt there is..

The best, and simplest solution would ofcourse be to have some events US time, and some in European time, or prehaps some events that will be a whole week..
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast