Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix PET PATHING!!

we don't want band-aid solutions

I agree that *fixing* troublesome rooms by removing furniture is not the way to solve this problem of pet-pathing.

It's nothing but a band-aid solution and a weak attempt at trying to throw the dog a bone while you eat the steak.

Satisfies for a while but the dog still ends up hungry.

Pathing works for MOB's....there is no reason why it shouldn't work for our pets too.

And besides all this....you've still done nothing to acknowledge that the problem also exists outdoors. Yes....OUTDOORS.

Another bump to keep this issue alive.

Zensunni

~~~ Very little matters very much and almost nothing matters greatly. ~~~ "Feersum Endjinn" Iain M. Banks

Re: What kinda fix is that

Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
    Also Corners are the main issue! are you gonna turn the box into a circle? I dunno about you guys!
    Round rooms will make it easier for me to run away when my bot is hiding. I can just keep circling to keep them at bay.

Question

Pathing works for MOBs? Hmm, if you count walking through walls working...

Hell, I'll take that. It's better than having my pet jammed in a corner.

Talking Cosmic personal invite !

anytime you wanna see the pet pathing issue ingame please feel free to send me a tell, fishtaco is my Enggie... im on everyday westcoast primetime
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

bump
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

What goes *bump* in the night...

Where do pets get stuck...Ill tellu ;)

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I replied in a thread just earlier regarding pet pathing but want to say it here too. Pet pathing is something we are actively working on. Right now work is being done on the layout of missions to change or remove those items which affect pets (ie chairs etc).

If pets are gettign stuck on doors, please do tell me what the door looks like (or post a screenshot).
    Cosmik,

The problem with pet pathing is everywhere. I know this sounds bad and doesnt say which doors or hallways...but Ive been playing missions like crazy....and the pets get stuck everywhere there is somekind of door or furniture. The worst parts are the tables.
    Another thing that the pet does is run away from me if I dont look at him...this happens often. If I get attacked the pet dissapears far far away and gets stuck somewhere. Pet pathing is so bad in general in a mission that my hopes of getting them back are at 1%. If Im lucky they will warp to my position sometime during the mission...but that isnt always the case. So..Im a meta using a hammer and not even trying to get the pets back since they would get stuck after 1 room anyway.

I dont think that the only solution would be to fix some doors and removing some tables and chairs....there will always be some kind of bug left somewhere that will be apparant in live game.
    I strongly suggest that the devteam takes a look at the "/pet warp" command suggestion many have talked about. Even if the pets would get stuck people would just warp them to their position and noone would care much that they get stuck.
    I dont know a thing about programming...but this warp command suggestion sound much easier than remodelling missions to correct pet pathing somewhat.
    Would really love to hear what the devteam thinks of the "/pet warp" command suggestion

Great to have u out there Cosmik
    /prostrate
    Njessy 205 Omni Enf
    Mrsanta lvl 186 Omni Mp
    Gridking lvl 157 Omni Fixer
    Medwar lvl 152 Omni Doc
    Senatorlinda lvl 121 Omni Crat
    Lordofmordor lvl 149 Omni NT
    Frodobaggins lvl 46 Omni Adv
    etc..

Originally posted by Cosmik
    If pets are gettign stuck on doors, please do tell me what the door looks like (or post a screenshot).
    #*$&^#$(*#&^(*^#$&#^$!!!!!!

Demons get stuck on EVERY TYPE DOOR IN THE GAME.
    Not every time, but at LEAST one in five in the mission I turn around and go back for the demon.
    Then theres all the chairs and such.
    Then theres the FACT that mezz pets path PERFECTLY 99% of the time.

Duplicate the mezz pet pathing to evry other pet in the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12