Thread: 1HBs use Dimach and Brawling...Why?

1HBs use Dimach and Brawling...Why?

Ok so.....
    I use Baseball Bats at the moment. Ql 69 and am 40ish Enforcer, prob could go a tad higher. Looking at Maces, maybe staves.... Five reqs is a tad rough....
    1hb
    brawling
    Fast Attack
    Sneak Attack
    Dimach

Fast Attack and Sneak attack are extra attacks on the weopon. Brawling, maybe logically it makes sense as it is almost an extended form of hand to hand.....
    But Why Dimach, which is a very special attack. I feel if this skill is required it should add something to the weopons abilities or effectiveness.
    Any Funcoms or Players have an answer....
    Thanks.

The idea is probably that you get to use dimach if the skill is on the weapon. The only problem is if (as in this case) the req is too high.

Bleys

Raise Dimach at highier levels when you got nothing to raise then tell me its not worth it, even be when you only use it once every waht, 25 mins..
    Great for alphas.

you are right...

You are right but funcom won't care. There's tons of fanboys that'll flock here to present some of the dumbest arguments to prove you wrong.

Weapons should not have secondary attack skill req's that go up with QL, the req's for secondary attacks should be 1, just like Krys Knives.

This isn't a problem with just equipping, it's going to be a problem with OE'ing. Right now, my twink enforcer that's 66 uses maces. I don't waste IP's on raising the sneak attack skill. I simply swap in sneak attack implants to equip, then I pull them out. Cuz my skill is not high enough, I'm actualyl going to do worse dmg on regular attacks czu it's quite possible i'll be under the 25% on secondary reqs.

Re: you are right...

Originally posted by Lodrin-Omni
    You are right but funcom won't care. There's tons of fanboys that'll flock here to present some of the dumbest arguments to prove you wrong.

Weapons should not have secondary attack skill req's that go up with QL, the req's for secondary attacks should be 1, just like Krys Knives.

This isn't a problem with just equipping, it's going to be a problem with OE'ing. Right now, my twink enforcer that's 66 uses maces. I don't waste IP's on raising the sneak attack skill. I simply swap in sneak attack implants to equip, then I pull them out. Cuz my skill is not high enough, I'm actualyl going to do worse dmg on regular attacks czu it's quite possible i'll be under the 25% on secondary reqs.
    Yes you are right. The main requirements should be 1 also. Why should anyone have to waste their IP to equip a weapon? That's just stupid.

Re: Re: you are right...

Originally posted by Drkrawn

Yes you are right. The main requirements should be 1 also. Why should anyone have to waste their IP to equip a weapon? That's just stupid.
    Hello Sarcastic Fanboy_01.

Now, if we were arguing on the foundation of the weapon system, and not the intricacies of the weapon system itself, then yes, all weapons SHOULD have no requirements. I can go down to a gunshop and buy a brand new shotgun and I can load it and fire it at a duck on a pond. The weapon will not tell me "Sorry, I cannot be wielded by you because your fling shot skill is weak." Now, I may be unable to hit the broadside of a barn, and my skill should actually determine whether I miss or not... but I should be able to pick up any weapon at all.

I'd also argue that having skills like "burst" and "flingshot" are pretty stupid when you draw a diference between Rifles and Assault Rifles. Afterall, the entire difference between the two is that AR's can be placed in burst/auto mode... there's repetition in requiring two different skills.

But I am not here to argue foundation, I am here to argue the intricacies.

Every weapon will tell you what skills are used when attacking. A weapon like a Novaflow will say "Ranged Energy 66%, Assualt Rifle 33%." Those are the only skills that should be checked for overequipping. Why should I fight worse fighting normally if my sneak attack isn't up to par. Sneak attack isn't an attack skill when you wield a baseball bat. Baseball bats are 100% 1hb skill. That's all that should matter.

Do you know how to load, clean, and fire an assult weapon? What about one made 30k years in the future.
    Even turning off the safety and pulling the trigger so you don't injure yourself requires skill.
    Not so much for a pistol, but machine guns and flamethrowers, not to mention assult cannon or grenade launchers, yep.

bleys

Originally posted by LostBoyJim
    Do you know how to load, clean, and fire an assult weapon? What about one made 30k years in the future.
    Even turning off the safety and pulling the trigger so you don't injure yourself requires skill.
    Not so much for a pistol, but machine guns and flamethrowers, not to mention assult cannon or grenade launchers, yep.

bleys
    You are using a current time viewpoint. It would be like a Ancient greek coming up to you and saying "Do you know how to clean and sharpen a knife? How about one made 2000 years in the future???"

I would say is to promote dismach, since nobody use it. Nothing better then forcing people to rasing a skills he/she dun need.