Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.2 - Chat Changes

Been realizing there is another chat thing in AO that drives me nuts..

"/" should automatically invoke the chat line.

Having to press enter, and then "/" for each command is unneeded. "/" should be enough. The game should know you are about to issue a chat command. In addition, most of games work this way which causes me all sorts of confusion. Its pretty standard for me to use start type /somecommand then have the chat bar come up when I push enter at the end.

I think games should innovate and be different, but some areas some degree of commonality can really help.. chat is one of those areas.

Regards,

Roeg
    Ridley: Solitus 'Crat, RK1

i see that u guys arnt fixing the win95 chat bug this patch any eta on when it will be fixed?
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

LOL... Time to get rid of the three scripts...

Good one!

Now I can get rid of three scripts i made called 'o' for organization, 'g' for team and 'v' for vicinity...

Seriously, has none of you read the manual? There is a list of chatcommands there, amongst which the chatcommand to change the channel... Put it in a script et voila...

Mistells still happen though, more often than not really, but that's basically my 2 sec brain in a mission mode...

As for starting the chatbar with jsut hitting /... it does... for me at least, so I don't know what is wrong there...

Anyway, I like this change...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Zindel
    Would it be too late to add a /retell command or something shorter like /x? This would be similar to "/reply" but instead of sending a message to the last person who messaged you, it would send a message to the last person you sent a message to.
    I see people still don't know how to read. If you would take a little time to read you would see that there is a /r for reply already in the game. or <SHIFT> + r and from there you can scroll up and down to choose who you want to reply to. oh but if you didn't read this in the manual you won't read this on here.
    Last edited by Gerlis; Jun 3rd, 2002 at 17:15:26.

I see people still don't know how to read. If you would take a little time to read you would see that there is a /r for reply already in the game. or <SHIFT> + r and from there you can scroll up and down to choose who you want to reply to. oh but if you didn't read this in the manual you won't read this on here.
    I read very well thank you, and what I proposed is very different.

I don't want to press "Shift" and scroll through a list of people you monkey's @ss. There was a similar command in Asherons call and it worked very nicely.
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12