Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Chat Changes

14.2 - Chat Changes

Chat Changes:

*Added a few commands to make chatting easier:

-"/o" to send a message to your organisation.

-"/g" will send a message to your team.

-"/v" will send a vicinity message. ("/(space)" will also do this)
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Excellent.

Many thanks, this will save me from many embarassing mistells. 8P

/DaveDread

Talking

I'll get more embaresing misstells ;P
    but another idear I like =)

Thumbs up

I've been sooo waiting for this. Thanks FC.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Could I also recommend that "/s" be removed? It tires me to be in an area where people are too lazy to type "/say" (granted the new "/ space" command may ease this) and the whole zone is spammed with people selling items. In real life it takes extra effort to fill your lungs with air and shout - why not also make people use extra effort to type "/shout"?

The only viable reason someone may want to shout is to fill a team or LFG. (People really should learn that there is a damn shopping channel!) Perhaps a new command "/lfg" could be added. This could generate a shout in the form of:

<your_level> <your_profession> LFG

This could effectively make teaming easier since a standard format would always be used and people are more able to determine possible new additions to their team.

Taking this further, maybe another command, "/lfm" could be introduced. This could generate a shout in the form:

Team <lowest_level_member> - <highest_level_member> LF<available_free_places>M

I know myself I have to cycle through any team I am in to find each level of my team mates in order to find the levels of future prospective team members and this can be time consuming if several are out of range in a shop or another zone and I have to actively get the people in question to answer me in team chat.

Since teams aren't always filled with all the people who have been invited, this "/lfm" command could also have an additional property - that of a number to specify the amount of additional members the team is searching for. Perhaps "/lfm 2" would still generate the correct amount of free places where, for example, one person is temporarily LD or the team have one person on the way to join them.

Just make sure to edit any scripts you might have done that includes the /g command.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat least !!!

Thx, very welcomed addition.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat least !!!

Thx, very welcomed addition.

hehe u said it Gummi
    / I don't have to shout anymore!!!!!
    /v I don't have to shout anymore!!!
    /g sup team
    /o sup guildies!
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Would it be too late to add a /retell command or something shorter like /x? This would be similar to "/reply" but instead of sending a message to the last person who messaged you, it would send a message to the last person you sent a message to.

Would stop the following;

/tell Imanuberkilla you lfg?
    Imanuberkilla: You bet! Where you meeting?
    Imasuckynoobi: Can U give me a crit buff dude?
    /r meet at the save term in BS
    Imasuckynoobi: I'm right here!
    Imanuberkilla: ?
    /r mistell
    Imanuberkilla: you don't want me to come then?
    Hotchickypoo: Can I get a crit buff?
    /r no I still want you to come
    Hotchickypoo: HUH!!!???
    Imasuckynoobi: Plz?

You get the picture :P
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Step in the right direction

I'd prefer to have the undocumented "/ch" command take an argument in quotes, so I can set up macros to switch to any channel.

And feel free to add "/chon" and "/choff" channel commands to check and uncheck the listen boxes. And to have the "/ch" command imply a "/chon".

I mean, these are nice and all, but the thing that sends me to the ctrl-7 panel the most (and makes me go through all kinds of annoying scrolling) is turning on and off the "selling items" channel when I want to sell something or buy something, followed closely by turning on and off the "seeking team" channel for my level. And of course, after about level 25, neither is on the first screen, and they don't mouse scroll, either. Annoying.

But yes, these commands are a step in the right direction.

Sweet!

This is one area (about the only one) where EQ had it over AO.

I've been waiting for a chat prefix system like EQ's since AO came out. Manually changing channels gets old real fast.

What about some prefixes for the zone-wide chats and player-made channels, and the auctions? Hell, go ahead and rip Verant off! Make an /auction prefix!

e.g /z Hey Tir, what's up?
    e.g /auc Selling [phat lewt]
    e.g /pr Welcome to my private channel

Something like that...

It's a start.

related to chat....it's the damn petition command...

you try being /afk and then come back and want to check your /petition status.

u either know what i mean or not.....FIX THIS.

very simple really..../petition handler should require:

/petition send <then whatever you want to send>

so problems with /afk wouldn't confuse it into a loop which then sends you to a flood protection red text spam.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

These changes are NOT SO HOT.

PLEASE give us a KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to toggle between vicinity and last chat or just for vicinity and team. Hitting the "/" is a pain in the hiney for many keyboard types.

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for vicinity chat please!

Alot of the things your saying here can alrdy be done .. keyboard shortcut so you can talk in vicinity, scripted macro will do this .. the /lfg same again you can script this and name the file as lfg .. all you do then is type in /lfg and hey presto it will shout or say the script you wrote .

Scripts are really awesome and take out alot of keyboard hassles.

Its just like a macro program.

try here for a basic guide to scripts http://aoidiots.users.btopenworld.com/Index.htm

hope that helps

Originally posted by Talinor
    the /lfg same again you can script this and name the file as lfg .. all you do then is type in /lfg and hey presto it will shout or say the script you wrote .
    While this is possible, it is a pain. Rather than every time you reach the next level and having to manually create a new macro, or editing the script (can be troublesome if you play fullscreen) it should be simple enough for AO to take your level and profession as variables and insert them into a preformatted shout.

Taking into consideration the number of times one can level in a couple of hours or less lower down, I would not like to have to recreate from scratch a macro like this.

Re: Excellent.

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Many thanks, this will save me from many embarassing mistells. 8P

/DaveDread
    Hehe, well, I already use this command and still suffer from the embarrassing tells sometimes. No fix for Cosmik n00bness I guess.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

/t for Tell?

How about /t for tell too.

Since thats a standard for most other games I play, I find myself constantly having to go back and type /tell. It gets frustrating.

Regards,

Roeg

add

might not get in this patch but you need to add a key to scroll through your last say 10 recent /tells

this will almost totaly clear up mistells

This is also important for people selling multiple items while being asked for buffs at the same time.

in Eq I was usualy able to carry on at least 3 or 4 conversations like this at the same time. its a huge timesaver and confusion saver.

Everquest uses the "tab" key to scroll through recent tells. It also sets up the :/tell "whoever": <to this point there.

Hit enter to bring up the chat line. hit tab to goto the most recent /tell. hitting tab again scrolls to the second most recent tell and so on.

I am not saying put this command should be on the tab key, I can see targeting problems doing this, but something like this should be implemented.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast