Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

krneki:

you missed my point. completely. if you compare fixers to engies in usefullness, youll get a laugh. and its not on engies account.

you say tradeskills are useless ? compare them to the usefullness of a fixer.

and i dont say running thru missions when youre past 180 is all there is to this game. i can outrun you, i bet... that doesnt make me any more useful to a 180lvl + group than you.

i think youre whining without reason for engies. they are not uber, but still dont need a reason to live as much as fixers. we got NONE. after 14.2, you may subract a already bugged nano item (grid armor) from NONE, and what do you get ?

i dont see any reason an engie would stop playing ao after 14.2, except youre one of the mp buff addicts which feel your engie is GIMPED and NEED CONSTANT BUFFING.

fixers however lost theyre only hope for the future. as more grid armor started showing up, fixers (read: me)saw this as a helping hand to my prof. now this will be UNREACHABLE and UNUSABLE.

all i asked of you, was to stop whining for the sake of engies, and allow fixers to do our last whines in hope of making funcom realize what theyre doing. they wont get the point if people who dont know anything about fixers say we do just fine.

dont mess with the fixer grid armor plz, or i gank you when i see you!

so after thinking about it, this doesnt make any sense!! it is a SUMMON NANO !! If your going to add requirments to the item that is SUMMONED, why dont you just get rid of the whole "nano" thing and make it a normal armor peice? This change makes no sense.......................................

Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.
    Any idea if these will be available at a store or is it loot/mission item only? Will it actually require psychology to use just wondering if we finally have a use for our green psychology skill.

We have introduced hologram items for use by Agents. If they can find any... Agents have also got a new unit of clothing fit for the profession
    Um a bit vague aren't we? What kind of holographic effect are we talking about here. Camoflage to look more like the surroundings? Or a hologram too look like a different breed and or profession in regard to armor type? lots of things a hologram could do as well as possibly confuse the mob into thinking there are more of us to hit...possible aggro management? New clothing to make us be able to roleplay the profession a bit more when we're off duty? Thanks I'm sure many of us appreciate the sentiment. What about adding in a few modifiers to that profession clothing? Concealment modifiers on agentish clothing. Breaking and entering or trap disarming skills for the fixer clothing. Litlle things like that are appreciated to some degree especially if they aren't locked as social clothing.

New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...
    Have the to wield requirements changed? The negative ranged init modifiers are getting pretty steep now...too steep to warrant using them merely for the crit increase. Were the aimed shot modifiers increased or not touched at all? The way the low light scopes were removed made me think they were actually going to improve them a bit or add somethin new to them. Instead it seems they just wanted to nerf them more...probably even restrict them. With the new additions I'm really not sure what use they really will have now. Range increase doesn't really help that much since range is capped unless you're a melee trying to up their range a bit more or you're using a very low range weapon like a gluegun or something. So basically nothing new being added to the scope ya just wanted to nerf it? Why am I not surprised?
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by haniblecter
    But you CAN HEAL.

Hello, earth to doc. We cant.
    Note... to... self... don't... heal... you...

THIS IS A TEAM ONLY ITEM.

I hope to god that you have a Doc in a group if you are fighting anything that really threatens to you, and I hope that Doc looks at you and watches you die because you shifted aggro to them constantly.

Either that, or I want to see the aggro get shifted to the Doc, have the Doc die, and then the team die... But sparing the loss of the Agent, which would have been a crippling blow.

I dunno, I've seen Solarax pull aggro from me when he was 30 levels lower than me, and he trusted me to heal him. I complied. I don't seem him shifting aggro away much more in the future.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Look, you dont seem to get the picture here.

If you get aggro you can self heal and then, hopefully, live.

If an agent gets aggro, we either have a heal pet that heals for a measly amount, or were FP MA and have to rely on other people or our *snicker* first aid to live.

In order to live I rely on other people. You, on the other hand, dont.

So if there EVER was a proffesion that needs a deaggroer its the guy with dark blue body dev and evades who gets a decent crit and all of the sudden the 80+ level mob wants to get close and intamate with you, the only person in the group that has sh1t HP and NO repeat NO heals.

get a life, there are more gimped proffs then your own.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

"We have removed the UNIQUE property of all Martial Arts special attacks. You can now carry as many as you like of each type"

I made an Atrox MA (basically a mis-labeled Enforcer). He is currently level 28 and using a QL 123 Bird of Prey attack. I can no longer find higher QL Bird of Prey attacks in the stores (yes, superior stores) and there is zero chance of a level 28 doing a 130+ QL mission.

The 123 BoP requires:
    MA 162
    Dim 128

Unbuffed I have:
    MA 220
    Dim 165

So you can see I need a new one. I think something is very wrong here.
    Last edited by Tereng; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 04:15:30.

Originally posted by Tereng
    I made an Atrox MA (basically a mis-labeled Enforcer). He is currently level 28 and using a QL 123 Bird of Prey attack. I can no longer find higher QL Bird of Prey attacks in the stores (yes, superior stores) and there is zero chance of a level 28 doing a 130+ QL mission.
    Um, yea. You can't get most ql125+ items in shops (the exceptions being tradeskills and nano clusters).
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

At level 28 you should be able to buy everything in a shop.

That's not the point. The point is that character is level 28 and using a QL 123 attack and I cannot get an upgrade for roughly 80 levels. They are even NO DROP so I cannot even buy one from a player.

What I'm saying is that the Bird of Prey line of attacks is implemented badly. The QL/req/damage range needs to be re-thunk.

Ilumo, i'm not whining. I'm marely playing your game and showing you that our grass isn't greener. Never said engineers sucked and fixers are uber.

Talking good job i can't find grid armour mk 2 anyway

omg..that was out of the blue

<is numb with shock>

those of you who think fixers are complaining just for the sake or it are soooo wrong.

as stated earlier this has absolutetly nothing to do with other classes ie how much better this class is than that this is about the one thing that we pretty much play this class for.

every mob i loot i do so with baited breat, is this the one , will i find that disk, sure i will have to dumb loads of ip's into skills to use it and spend a fortune to get it made up but i will be a viable player again....clicks on mob nooo....next mob rinse repeat.
    grid armour is not THAT great but it makes the game playable agian for a few more lvl's oh and you get to say to noob's why you are a funny blue colour and they say ooh cool and you get a warm glow inside for a second.
    and yes all classes are playable but if the tactics you have to use take you half an hour or carefull trickery and deft playing, yes that is all well and good in solo but for teams...
    ( which lets face online gaming is about else why not have a standalone game)...
    ....leaves you totally useless as the mob has been killed off by vektor weilding traders etc.
    at lvl 86 i can get teams as i have friends who will team with me and they let me pull mobs as i can do that well enough and grid them out at the end saving them a minute or 2 that someone else would take but the damage i do is laughable and well... serve no other purpose than to fill gaps.

the sad thing is and that which has annoyed most fixers is the one change they made to an already badly overlooked class is to nerf us even more. which you who think we are all whining must be able to see is a fair reason for distress... as i said earlier this is not about other classes and should never be yes they all have problems and all can be improved but our 1 true defining aspect that most will likely never even get has been downgraded.

and noone likes there dreams to be crushed, even if they are to only ever remain just that

my fixer is going to go to on the back burner until they sort them out only coming out for guild event stuff and to help fund my new trader which seems to get the best of most worlds.

non fixer dudes try not to read this thread and think we always complain, read the fixer forums most of it is positive about what can we do to sort this out and good natured banter as we all accept our lowly status but like the idea behind our class to much to change, but sometimes things cna go too far
    and unless you play a fixe rup to the high 80's you will not be able comment on the class as profession just as i chose not to comment on other classes that i have yet to take to a mature lvl.

you've got to laugh though..they really 'FIXED' us fixers this time

(and I'm about talking a trip to the vets with no anasthetic.. for those atroxes out there who dohn't know what i mean)

Unhappy to paraphrase i think voltaire

to the dead one owes only respect.

so please shut up for a moment about how gimpy and downtrodden your profession might be when there is a fixer exodus coming.

please realise that the only thing that kept them going on was the hope to get an item that would make them PLAYABLE for a few levels and be class defining.

please realise that said hope was taken from them now.

please realise that many of them will leave the game forever if this goes life because they are fed up with waiting for anything good to arrive for over a year.

please realise that if you reply to this with "good riddance do not let the door hit all you whiners" i call you a ****ing moron.

*New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

-------------------------------------------

Could you please make sure your critical changes (Buffs/Items) is implemented with reason!!!

Angry Stoooopid!

The GA nerf won't go live. It stinks.

I am HOPING it's more of a negotiating tactic.....they threaten really really bad changes so that once you have shouted and cried and they have made a pretence of backing down you will be more accepting of the ACTUAL nerf they announce later.

Fingers crossed they're just lying manipulative b*st*rds, rather than utterly brain-dead ones

Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.

Interesting. The only reasons Agents were drawing massive aggro in the first place was due to over-equipping - and this only between the levels of 1 and 100 anyway.
    Doctors still get 80% of the aggro when not teamed with 300% over-equipped agents. Maybe you should give them a similar item? Or maybe.. just maybe you should consider making the freaking taunt nano's for soldiers and enf's actually work on Vets+ (gasp).

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but without crits and over-equipping, it will be even harder to draw aggro away from the doc. I predict that 95% of aggro will remain on the doc after 14.2. Oh well, at least i know the agent with his non-OE'd gun and Repressor to boot will be safe.

Re: Stoooopid!

Originally posted by Schu
    The GA nerf won't go live. It stinks.

I am HOPING it's more of a negotiating tactic.....they threaten really really bad changes so that once you have shouted and cried and they have made a pretence of backing down you will be more accepting of the ACTUAL nerf they announce later.

Fingers crossed they're just lying manipulative b*st*rds, rather than utterly brain-dead ones
    The more I think about this, the more I just want to quit right now. That Funcom could even *concieve* this hopelessly idiotic nerf boils my blood. Why should I even give them the *chance* to change it? Some words simply cannot be taken back, and I'm thinking more and more that we shouldn't even give them the chance to.

Fvck them.

Originally posted by haniblecter
    Look b1tch, you dont seem to get the picture here.

If you get aggro you can self heal and then, hopefully, live.

If an agent gets aggro, we either have a heal pet that heals for a measly amount, or were FP MA and have to rely on other people or our *snicker* first aid to live.

In order to live I rely on other people. You, on the other hand, dont.

So if there EVER was a proffesion that needs a deaggroer its the guy with dark blue body dev and evades who gets a decent crit and all of the sudden the 80+ level mob wants to get close and intamate with you, the only person in the group that has sh1t HP and NO repeat NO heals.

get a life, there are more gimped proffs then your own.
    Darkblue evades, yes, ALL of them -> doc
    "normal" blue body dev -> Doc
    Who will get the aggro 99% of the time after 14.2 ? The damage of all players goes down abit and if the agent ever gets aggro he shifts it to the ... doc! The healing, not even mentioning complete healing, will put them on the #1 spot on the hatelist.

As if we dont see the reclaim terminal enough already, I'm sick of it, atleast give me a selfcast rez shock remover...
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Spacegipsy

Hologram Items?? What are those? For what use?
    The holograms are created, in part, by the tradeskill camera. What the hologram projector does is give an image of an object such as a tree or rock for the Agent to hide in. Whilst the Agent is in the hologram he/she cannot be targetted. Trying to target the Agent will result in the person targetting a tree or rock or such.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Item Changes:
    You may now be lucky enough to pick up new back items that give bonuses like an Armour Cloak, but without giving you a cloak look. Hopefully people who don't want to wear cloaks, but instead display the armour normally hidden underneath will appreciate these.
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast