Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

Ritual Kryss....what's the POINT?

My level 134 Trader looted a ql 200 Ritual Kryss off a boss mob yesterday.
    I gave it to a newbie.

With the new changes my level 134 Trader would be the ONLY one to use it.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what in the world I would POSSIBLY want with it?

Can someone also please tell me how ANY player that could find it useful would EVER manage to get it after the patch?

I mean really, what idiots think up this stuff? Patch to add big new boss mob that's dropping stuff like this followed immediately by a patch to make the stuff WORTHLESS?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Third Eye

Agents needs this because we have DARK BLUE body dev and DARK BLUE evades, and do a lot of damage. Therefore we pull aggro a lot and go down faster then anyone.. The other all-offense class, the NTs, can at least calm the mobs... This isn't as good as mezz but will probably help in surviving in teams.. (unless this is another camp-feist BS item like all the other new agent items seem to be)...

So do Docs. All my evades are dark blue, and so is my Body Dev. I die alot more than you i would bet money on it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by ilumo
    silmaril:

if youre a fixer, try to find 1 thing good for fixers in next patch.

grid armor nerf is not a GOOD thing.

and yes. it IS the ONLY fix for fixers this patch.

this "try to stay positive" attitude will fade the second you lvl a fixer past lvl 50.

visit fixer boards. we eat people like you when you come happyhappyjoyjoy'ing at low lvls. then you become one of us happyhappyjoyjoy-eaters if you have patience to lvl past 50.
    Please ready my post again. The fixers I understand, it's the rest that should try and lighten up about this patch.

--sil

From the thread in 14.0 forum:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post 14.0 patch, I took a team into the Den, we killed every mob in there and nobody got MK2 armor.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand behind my multiple-months estimate for a suit. Ok, fine, 200+ game hours.

It was already a 12+ hour thing with a 2 minute npc timer.

Evercamp 2.0
    I took a team in there, and cleared out every mob. First time round two pieces dropped, one MK I. Second time none. Third time five pieces... all MK II... dropped. Four of them were gloves .

Probability's a real bugger isn't it? You shouldn't make any sort of statistcal judgement based on such a limited sample :P. We all remember that technician not dropping anything for many many kills in a row.

Oh, and once we'd killed the last ones, the first ones had spawned again. I know I had more fun than I had killing that same damn technician over and over.

Of course, we were the only team in there (as everybody has presumably given up on the hope of getting it), but it would be less crowded than before even IF people were trying for it actively, seeing it's no longer a case of getting a low level into the teleporter room and waiting for the drops. You need to work for it now . The spawn would need to be faster if multiple teams were there though, but it is in NO way as bad as people are saying
    Dest

Originally posted by Vrach
    It will end up going to everyone except the one prof everyone tries to pull aggro from. :-)
    yep i want one as a engie. The aggressiveness trimmer used to almost due this function but oh wait they broke it in the last patch. Someone tell me how a engie sitting doing nothing in a full team gets the aggro from some mobs?? such things should judt not happen.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Vrach

I know, I heal agents reguarly. :-)

I didn't say take it from them - I said that it makes sense for Docs to have one, too. Our evades aren't terribly hot, and we draw a lot of aggro. It would be nice to help the poor tanks up there get shot at more.
    But you CAN HEAL.

Hello, earth to doc. We cant.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Re: Oh yes! This is the hidden nerf for the battlesuit..

Originally posted by Zuleica
    2. More "affordable" battlesuits == sells for less in shops.

You people are SO transparent...give it up and just be HONEST.
    Questions about their dishonesty aside, you won't have to sell them in shops anymore. Also in this patch they are reducing the nano penalty. If they make them actually decent again then you will get much better prices from players than you ever got from the shops.

Scorus

Originally posted by ilumo
    Krneki:

sorry to say so, but you obviously dont have 1 clue about fixers.

please dont try to stop fixer discussions by saying something like " 6 blue nanoskills!?! whats the complaint ? I have to raise dark blue MA skill."

fixers are seriously in need of fixing. dont try to make FunCom believe fixers are doing just fine and we're a bunch of whiners and crybabies.

you can make things (tradeskill). you got ac buffs. you got SLAYER DROID goddamit. tell me 1 thing fixers got that may compare to any of these 3 nice things ? if i got a mausser and want to make it a chem streamer. can i do it ? NOOO. and engie has to do it for me !!! thats class defining .. doh

sad sad days

most engies i know even got better b&e skill than fixers. this is because if you dont waste ip on 10 random dark blue skills as engie, you even got SPARE IP to toss around. then you can steal all chests while rest of team and your slayerdroid (swap order of that please) are out doing the work.

for other engies out there. i got nothing against you. not at all. i love teaming with engies. theres just not many engies (or others) that feel teaming with fixers are good for anything at all. hell... even some fixers feel this way.

and thats what i would want funcom to change. not to make us unable to use the item we spent TONS of ip getting.

what funcom tells fixers with this is: AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA GO REROLL AGAIN !!! GOTCHA AGAIN !!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Guess you won't let it go. Ok, here I come again!

Engineer's 3 dark blue evasion skills + 3 dark nano skills = 6 fixer dark blue nano skills. Every profession has to raise dark blue skills, nothin new here, for fixer it just happen to be nano skills. Engineer have it half way.

I can make tradeskills, woah...do some research what tradeskills are in AO. Half the weapons can't be made. 99% of Nano Crystals are not viable to be made. Items such as Virral Triumvirate egg Needs 900+ In tradeskills, which we can't buff and also need to swap implants be made, which was just nerfed. Lets see now, pharamtech tradeskills. 75 charges for 300k for a QL 120 HP kit anyone? Or 1 mil for a QL 150 Stim 5 charges?

I got ac buffs, I'm cool with that, but so do 3 other professions, which is fine by me.

Woah, we got a slayerdroid which hits what for 700 dmg a pop! I NEVER use my slayerdroid in team missions, EVER. You know why? It gets lost after 10 rooms, since you obviously never seen how lvl 180+ players do missions. We literally RUN from one room to another and kill mobs meanwhile, since they last about 10 sec. Even without a crit buff I do about 25% more dmg then my bot, imagine how I do with uvc/kali/at running on me. Pets are only useful when soloing and for up to lvl 120 players in a team.

Granted, fixers only have their run buff, which is pretty awesome for doing those huge team missions.

You talk about being dependant on an engineer to make you a CMS, well let me tell you that engineers are dependant on TRADERS to get the thing done, since they got all the tradeskill buffs and on top of that, they cna also raise their tradeskill just as high as engineers, which makes engineers look like 2nd grade mechanic and a trader a rocket scientist. How's that for class defining?

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Item Changes:

*The Fixer's Grid Armour incorrectly had no normal wear requirements. This has been fixed. The wear requirements for the armour are now the same as the summoning requirements.
    Burn in He11 Funcom!!

All this does is prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have absolutely no knowledge of the Fixer class.. and as such, even if you fix this 1 issue, I am quitting the Fixer class and probably AO, because this proves a general incompetence in FC that's been there since day 1 and won't go away.

to our engi dude who knows all and sees all:

you may have 3 dark blue evasion skills, but you got a bot.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Some people seem to think engies are a uber class. Let me enlighten you.

1. on the issue of teaming. Engie pets as well as other pet classes have horrible pet pathing problems which makes pet rather useless in the high level missions because mobs are killed before you can herd your bot into the correct room. Unlike other 2 pet classes engies have nothing to offer their team except the pet. Above 120 engie pets are too slow to factor into the fights and are probably the worst prof. Right now a engie is good in teams from level 1-120 due to the fact we can over-equip this is to be nerfed. lvl 120+ engie are the worst team prof and under 120 they will not be in the top few as they were before.

2. as for PvP. i don't think anything needs to be said engies are the worst PvP prof ever created.

3. Soloability. Prior to 14.0 engies were right up there with MPs Enforcers and MAs for the top 4 soloing profs. Then engie bot aggro got nerfed. All i can say is thank god i had the extra IP to dump into body dev and put max health implants in and got my 1k board. I knew some engies who were nanomage and didn't have Many HP. they died on occasion as it was before now they are fried in almost every mission. I have over 3500 HP at lvl 138 now fortunately and i still end up dying every 6 missions(70% missions) or so. Until the next patch which will hopefully fix this problem engie is not one of the top soloing classes high level while still is okay low level. But in the next patch they will nerf over equiping so while engie will be okay high level again if they fix aggro the low level engies will be nerfed again.

Please stop saying engie is a uber class. As a engie there are 7 dark blue skills that you have to max when you have spare IPs. and that is if you don't even want to weild a weapon. If you do want to weild a weapon depending on which one you choose you need to raise between 2-6 more dark blue skills. Other skills such as treatment are also lighter blue. while there are 4 tradeskills which need to be maxed to use trimmers and 2 more if you want to carry the LLTS and then there are the 3 main nano skills which are green. Not to mention if you would want to put some spare IP into say B&E map nav air vehicle etc.

As a engie who doesn't carry a weapon you need to cover and never self cast slayer
    7 dark blue skills(PM,SI,BM,body dev,3 evades)
    8 blue skills(treatment,nano pool,6 abilities)
    7 green skills(MM,MC,ST,QFT,NP,comp lit,mech eng)

If you want to self cast slayer using khan it becomes
    9 dark blue(add burst FA)
    9 blue(add pistol)
    7 green

now if you want to carry a weapon with LLTS assuming Ithaca
    13 dark blue(add ranged init,AS,fling,shottie)
    9 blue
    9 green(add elec eng, weapon smith)

Now if if i choose option 3 guess what level i would have to be to max them all? 203. oh whoops it doesn't go that high. And none of this includes discretionairy IP such as run speed, first aid, B&E, air nav, pharma tech

If you think that the engie is such a uber solo class then i challenge you to get a engie and try to solo it to 120 or higher. No i honestly don't expect you do to it cause it will take you forever. I started playing 5 months ago and i am almost at 140 now. sure knowing what i know now i could do it alot faster because i know the best way to overequip my bot to kill high level stuff.

I'm just sick of hearing all the people saying engies can be super uber when they do this and this and this when it just is not possible.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 21:05:28.

What about a simple change of the to wear requirements of grid armor once it is casted? The problem tho is that since it is a profession based item you couldn't use abilities to determine the to wear requirments because that would effect the playability of different play styles using different races. Breaking and entering anyone?

Another possible solution would be to simply lower the nano costs of all fixer nanos across the board to reflect the difficulty they have increasing nano skills. This is the more likely scenario. And creating a to wield requirement for grid armor now would help to alleviate possible problems later down the road when this is done. Funcom won't change dark blue skills to a lighter color...not after the adventurer fiasco. So the best you can hope for is a greatly reduced nano skill cost on all fixer nanos across the board. This might be better since if you went nano, instead of opifex, you would have a much easier time increasing all your nano skills and your trade skills too. What skills that would be effected by going nano wouldn't be effected much by this since they are much easier to raise since they aren't dark blue they're green or aqua. Somethin to think about at least.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    Some people seem to think engies are a uber class. Let me enlighten you.
    If you think that the engie is such a uber solo class then i challenge you to get a engie and try to solo it to 120 or higher. No i honestly don't expect you do to it cause it will take you forever. I started playing 5 months ago and i am almost at 140 now. sure knowing what i know now i could do it alot faster because i know the best way to overequip my bot to kill high level stuff.
    you got to be kidding me... Still after the aggro problem with 14.0 engies are one of the top solo classes. With my 109 engie I take 130 missions while reading the newspapers and 160 without breaking much of a sweat. ok, I have to struggle on 180 missions, but it is still doable. How many classes do you think can do that?

And yes, I am glad for the OE patch. I should _not_ be able to solo two vets at level 109.

As a nt said earlier in the thread to another nt complaing: feel free to complain, but please stick to things that are actually bad. (like tradeskills and the kammi bot)

--sil
    Last edited by Techblast; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 21:14:48.

Engies aren't uber.

But they sure as hell do better solo (ALL of the pet classes do better solo hell) then fixers.

However with the OE patch well, we'll see what happens.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Unless you're a trader. I think I'll roll one up.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

and no i don't think Engies are the worst class just sick of people saying we are the best when we aren't(namely MPs attempting to hide their uberdom.

oh and silmaril

feel free to drop me your game so that i can meet you in game and see how you manage those adds when your pet won't pickup the aggro

Originally posted by Obergeist

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Unless you're a trader. I think I'll roll one up.
    hehe traders rolled one of those the other day. 12 hours online of outhealing our doc outdamaging pretty much everyone and being able to root/mez got 25 levels without exceptional overequiping

not to mention the use of the special store at level 25

Originally posted by silmaril
    you got to be kidding me... Still after the aggro problem with 14.0 engies are one of the top solo classes.
    An engi friend of mine set his pet hunting, went to do his laundry, came back and found he had gained two levels.

Scorus

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Item Changes:
    *New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...
    This is such a glaring screwup I'm surprised even Funcom could manage it.

By all means Funcom, give the 'haves' an even bigger advantage.

Here's a hint: If you're claiming (As I assume you will) that this is for 'game balance reasons', how can you claim to be balancing ANYTHING when high level people have them already and will keep them?

For once in your lives, try thinking before making a change, cause it's obvious none of you do.

Funcom, put simply, you are the biggest group of screwups and morons I have EVER seen in my life. I think about anybody in these forums can tell you that you don't restore balance by making the gap between old players and newer ones ever bigger.

Here's a hint: You balance by removing the gap and allowing anyone who puts the work and time in to reach the same spot.

And no, this rant isn't only about that item change, but I don't have the day and a half it would take to rip apart your changes and point out the rampant stupidity and ignorance.

Some people need to get it through their heads that FunCom does not have 'balance' in mind with OE or any of the Nerfs they've done so far. The only thing they want to do is slow people down as far as leveling is concerned and prolong the time that people pay them.

When people cry for Nerfs like 'Crit buff, self only!', 'Agents are uber, nerf the OE'ers!!!!' they provide ammunition for FunCom to make the game harder. End of story.

FunCom could give a rat's ass about balance as long as people are paying and having fun. Reach 200 and find out the upper levels suck bigtime and maybe you will stop paying.

Solution? Stop people from getting to the upper levels.

Re: Ritual Kryss....what's the POINT?

Originally posted by Zuleica
    Can someone PLEASE tell me what in the world I would POSSIBLY want with it?

Can someone also please tell me how ANY player that could find it useful would EVER manage to get it after the patch?

I mean really, what idiots think up this stuff? Patch to add big new boss mob that's dropping stuff like this followed immediately by a patch to make the stuff WORTHLESS?
    I'd say that being a RITUAL Kryss Knife it's intended for rituals, and not as a weapon. Hence anyone can use it, but only if you looted it. I might use it to commit suiced with if I ever find the need to /terminate. Or perhaps to Sacrifice a leet to my dark gods. Or even in ritual duel to first blood. But maybe thats just me... afterall I am a F&%$ Role Player and try to device alternate uses for things besides uber weapons.

Meik
    da wacky leet

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast