Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

*New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...
    In other words, screw everyone who didn't use a tutoring exploit to get a old Q195 LLTS equipped pre-patch.

Seriously, nerfing critbuffs and LLTS only gives MORE of an advantage to those who already have those 10%+ scopes equipped already.
    Last edited by Arinia; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 16:24:18.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    A fixer should be able to use Grid MKIV (which is QL198) at 200.
    It's a QL140 nano, but a QL198 armor.. take that into perspective.
    Mike, you're an idiot.

How about you only use YOUR QL 200 stuff at level 200. Moron.

Thumbs down I have to say this...

I'm usually quiet silent on the forums. Mostly because I really don't care what most people whine about and partially because forums are utterly useless form of communication to Funcom. The only way they can correct anything is by going in themselves and seeing it up close and personal.

Now that said, I just had to put this reply in. God, you are all a bunch of whiners. I play a soldier. (Oh yeah really powerful class)
    After reading soldier specific forum I cried and laughed at the same time. Yes our class is the least interesting to play and we have issues that are depressing to look at (Nova Flow, TMS, Flahspoint AND NOTHING ELSE. Nothing. No soldier should ever bother deviating from that formula). I also had a title of Apprentice until a while ago when I lost it to traders and NP killing me with shotguns in 3 hits. (both of them didn't even bothered to cast anything). All my armor I can put in unbuffed, i have implants just 11 levels above my current level (no implant stepping) and guns i can freely swap in and out sometimes even after being debuffed. Oh and I use TMS mark 3 btw. Now to the point.

I'm level 79 currently. I can solo green, orange and rarely red missions all by myself. I also know great number of people who solo 75% missions completely by themselves being any class you can think off. Yes, I've seen lvl 140 NP solo ql 180+ missions. Here is the shocker: There is no broken classes. Only people who can't play the game and lots of broken items that allow people who CAN play the game to play it damn well.

And while all of you spend your time crying and arguing on the forums, I'll go quietly solo few more missions and get few more battle suits that should have been nerfed long time ago to prevent people like me getting yalm at lvl 70 or so. Nerf bad? Hah.
    Admit it if not to other people but to yourself that we all are biased to whatever we play. Hell, even I felt that agents are getting the entire stick in 14.2 patch. almost no other class mentioned there while agents (IMHO and yes I'm biased and admit it) are way too powerful and should be reduced to little kids running around with wooden sticks to entertain all other classes. Then they can whine that they got nanos with deep blue skills and forget that soldiers ALWAYS had deep blue nano skills and still can kick ass without being overequiped and having implants that most people will never hear about. But then again I would be forgetting that the same agents who kill me in 2.5 shots without me even knowing I've been hit, can't solo green mobs or afraid of those nasty grey variety.

Finally, advice: Get a grip on yourself, forget that YOUR class will never be uber and go do something interesting. Join rp guild, participate in story line, solo green missions (I sill don't understand why are people so bent on soloing red if you CAN buy anything you want and green missions give you exactly the same amount of money as do red ones in the same amount of time it takes to solo them).

Game is fun while players make it fun. No MMORPG was ever different. Bye for now. Whine on.

"I bring light into the darkness...
    ...be that flashlight or muzzleflash."

Re: I have to say this...

Originally posted by Daemonik
    I'm usually quiet silent on the forums. Mostly because I really don't care what most people whine about and partially because forums are utterly useless form of communication to Funcom. The only way they can correct anything is by going in themselves and seeing it up close and personal.

Now that said, I just had to put this reply in. God, you are all a bunch of whiners. I play a soldier. (Oh yeah really powerful class)
    After reading soldier specific forum I cried and laughed at the same time. Yes our class is the least interesting to play and we have issues that are depressing to look at (Nova Flow, TMS, Flahspoint AND NOTHING ELSE. Nothing. No soldier should ever bother deviating from that formula). I also had a title of Apprentice until a while ago when I lost it to traders and NP killing me with shotguns in 3 hits. (both of them didn't even bothered to cast anything). All my armor I can put in unbuffed, i have implants just 11 levels above my current level (no implant stepping) and guns i can freely swap in and out sometimes even after being debuffed. Oh and I use TMS mark 3 btw. Now to the point.

I'm level 79 currently. I can solo green, orange and rarely red missions all by myself. I also know great number of people who solo 75% missions completely by themselves being any class you can think off. Yes, I've seen lvl 140 NP solo ql 180+ missions. Here is the shocker: There is no broken classes. Only people who can't play the game and lots of broken items that allow people who CAN play the game to play it damn well.

And while all of you spend your time crying and arguing on the forums, I'll go quietly solo few more missions and get few more battle suits that should have been nerfed long time ago to prevent people like me getting yalm at lvl 70 or so. Nerf bad? Hah.
    Admit it if not to other people but to yourself that we all are biased to whatever we play. Hell, even I felt that agents are getting the entire stick in 14.2 patch. almost no other class mentioned there while agents (IMHO and yes I'm biased and admit it) are way too powerful and should be reduced to little kids running around with wooden sticks to entertain all other classes. Then they can whine that they got nanos with deep blue skills and forget that soldiers ALWAYS had deep blue nano skills and still can kick ass without being overequiped and having implants that most people will never hear about. But then again I would be forgetting that the same agents who kill me in 2.5 shots without me even knowing I've been hit, can't solo green mobs or afraid of those nasty grey variety.

Finally, advice: Get a grip on yourself, forget that YOUR class will never be uber and go do something interesting. Join rp guild, participate in story line, solo green missions (I sill don't understand why are people so bent on soloing red if you CAN buy anything you want and green missions give you exactly the same amount of money as do red ones in the same amount of time it takes to solo them).

Game is fun while players make it fun. No MMORPG was ever different. Bye for now. Whine on.
    lol, erm... fixers... i know your uber mate, but fixers arent... lol, i think this is quite funny actually.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Post Tank Armor and Battle Suits

What are the new sell price for Battle Suit & Tank Armor ?
    I smell a new hidden Nerfing Possibility there...

Unhappy

*Fixed three pieces of DeCranum's Armour (MK II Pants and Gloves and the MK I Helmet) - they all now correctly modify Energy AC
    How about fixing the clan/omni shoulderpads that are also missing energy AC?

looks at patch notes

Oh wait, the mission is still broken.

How about letting the rest of us get DeCranum's in less than 3 months of camping two 1 hour spawns? They should call it DeCan'tHaveEms.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Grid Armor Changes

Excuse me, but I want to know who thinks there will be Fixers left after this patch who can actually use Grid ARmor good enough for their lvl... MP buffs and/or wrangles were the only way we could summon the armor itself, and now we are forces to get constant buffs to wear it?!!! I thought FC were working on how to help Fixers, not nerf them further. Poor guys who stacked implants to ql 200 AND raised Matter Creat, will now have to use lower ql implants to regain all the wasted IP.

/holds finger poised over character delete-button
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Well you can always use the IP reset to get rid of the now useless skills.

Krneki:

sorry to say so, but you obviously dont have 1 clue about fixers.

please dont try to stop fixer discussions by saying something like " 6 blue nanoskills!?! whats the complaint ? I have to raise dark blue MA skill."

fixers are seriously in need of fixing. dont try to make FunCom believe fixers are doing just fine and we're a bunch of whiners and crybabies.

you can make things (tradeskill). you got ac buffs. you got SLAYER DROID goddamit. tell me 1 thing fixers got that may compare to any of these 3 nice things ? if i got a mausser and want to make it a chem streamer. can i do it ? NOOO. and engie has to do it for me !!! thats class defining .. doh

sad sad days

most engies i know even got better b&e skill than fixers. this is because if you dont waste ip on 10 random dark blue skills as engie, you even got SPARE IP to toss around. then you can steal all chests while rest of team and your slayerdroid (swap order of that please) are out doing the work.

for other engies out there. i got nothing against you. not at all. i love teaming with engies. theres just not many engies (or others) that feel teaming with fixers are good for anything at all. hell... even some fixers feel this way.

and thats what i would want funcom to change. not to make us unable to use the item we spent TONS of ip getting.

what funcom tells fixers with this is: AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA GO REROLL AGAIN !!! GOTCHA AGAIN !!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Luuvchild; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 18:11:56.

How about letting the rest of us get DeCranum's in less than 3 months of camping two 1 hour spawns? They should call it DeCan'tHaveEms.
    Slightly off-topic, but you DO know that it isn't JUST the technicians that drop that stuff. We took a team of 4 into there, and by the time we finished clearing the place out, enemies had started to appear again. Any NPC Smuggler (except perhaps the pilot) drops that stuff
    Dest

How about you guys finally add the 2HE MA req weapons that you personaly said were gonna be in the game before you nerfed MA's using non MA req weapons.

You (Cosmik) have not responded to any post where I asked when you were gonna do this and I have been waiting since you guys nerfed us to fix a bad FC patch for them to show up. Is this gonna happen in 14.2 or do I have to wait till the 20.0 series of patches for you guys to finally do what you said you would?

I stopped playing actively since this nerf/BS/lie the least you could do is respond.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

*Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.

- When can my doc sign up for one of these?

*The Ritual Krys Knife is now no-drop.

-Ritual flashy wavey greet thing now? I am sorry but I cant see how you are makeing an object idely made to help noobs and starting alts out a no drop... why not just delete the item like the old scope and make something else shiney and flashy?

*"Da Taunter" now has the correct range limit (shorter than before), and the damage has been reduced somewhat. This was done to prevent an exploit.

- da taunter was a pulling device so you could play baseball with your beam.. the damage it does is actualy a significant reason to use it as you can do minor damage with it.. were atrox, our bio metamorphis cant get high enough to really abuse it anyway.

*You may now be lucky enough to pick up new back items that give bonuses like an Armour Cloak, but without giving you a cloak look. Hopefully people who don't want to wear cloaks, but instead display the armour normally hidden underneath will appreciate these.

-Woo hoo now I can do missions wearing my.. um.. miss matched armor and undergarments... and ew quit stareing at me.. humm this might actualy be cute

*A whole lot of unique items have been added to drop from the Team Mission bosses only.

-I've done several team missions... I havent gotten loot from 1 of the bosses yet

*New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

-Thanks, Next time I get a ark responce of "wait untill after the next patch you will be pleasently suprised" when I am looking for a scope I will tell them "thanks, but I dont want to wait 4 weeks and 50 levels to get an item thats less usefull then the one I can get during the next 2 hours before the patch that makes them go away"

*Updated Battle Suits and Tank Armour. The Battle Suits and Tank Armour had several flaws, which are now fixed. We have drastically reduced the additional cost on executing nano formulas when using the Tank Armour and the Battle Suits. This scales down with level so that high-level ones cost less. Also we have reduced the price on these items so that people can, hopefully, afford them.

-My atrox enforcer wont wear a battle suit.. my nano mages wont use a battle suit.. my agent wont use a battle suit.. none of my charcers will use a battle suit unless it would be to see how cute I look under ruse of the titan 3 in one so I look like a gnome. if I ever found one I would sell it for the 1.2 mil in the trader shop... but it wont be worth 1.2 mil now.. Arnt these Mission only items? how does lowering the price on a mission only item make it more affordable?

*All ammunition has been increased to have 100 charges. First Aid kits and Simple Nano Kits have been increased to have 25 charges. The price of these items has not changed. This will not affect any ammunition or kits you currently own, only new ones.

-Does this mean instead of makeing 3 healing stims I make 25 when I do my pharma tec trade skill in the trade center?

There are no broken classes, just broken gameplay and ever shifting rules.

I feel bad for fixers. I know a couple that are really pissed off about the change.

Comparing GA to regular armor is, dumb.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Watch "The Repressor" be atrox agent only. lol
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

From the thread in 14.0 forum:

Post 14.0 patch, I took a team into the Den, we killed every mob in there and nobody got MK2 armor.
    I stand behind my multiple-months estimate for a suit. Ok, fine, 200+ game hours.

It was already a 12+ hour thing with a 2 minute npc timer.

Evercamp 2.0
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

What is wrong with you people? It looks like you do your best finding faults in the patch notes. It is really getting me down that you are the people I play with in this game... Like Sigmatay there, you've done one hell of a job finding things you don't like, and if there are nothin wrong with a line in the patch notes you do a good job making one up. Like why the hell complain about the new back armor pieces? Who can possibly find something wrong with implementing that?

Some of you should really start doing something else than whining on these boards. Get a job or something

Please note that this doesn't include fixers. You really, really need all the love you can get from funcom...

--sil

To Bitter Boy.. sorry I should read what I'm ranting on about.

Var

Dim Rant as boolean // True False switch for rant action

rant.value = true // begin rant here

To FUNCOM .. OI!! YOU SHOULD READ WHAT WE ARE RANTING ABOUT.

So far this game has shown me all the things that you shouldn't do to a player comunity.
    If something is broken you fix it you don't add more broken stuff to it in the hope that the cry's of 'Oh shiny thing' will drown out the cry's of 'Err.. excuse me can I have some playability please?'

Funcom has shown a complete disregard to any of it's players, or should that be payer's, when will they get the idea that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Mind you Funcom's not so much as biting as bending over the kitchen table and pursuing an act that is still illegal in most parts of the world even if you are over the age of 21.

At the present point in time AO is the best thing on the market so Funcom has us by the collective short and curlys, but there are other things on the horizon and you can bet your last packet of crisp's that the developers of those games are reading these boards finding out how to tempt players away from the most 'sucessful' game out there, so here's a short list for them

1- Provide profession that resemble the description you publish in you manual's and website. (This dosn't have to be 100% accurate if you can hit 10% your beating Funcom)

2 - Make sure that the content you add is Need, Works and help's at least some players in the game. (Again just get one out of three here to beat Funcom)

3 - Listen to your player base (CUSTOMERS) and provide what they need NOT what you can be bothered to provide. (Hit rate here of about 5% to beat Funcom)

4 - If your players want to add some content to the story line put something in place that allows them to rather then tell them to go to a PvP area.

5 - If you are going to provide ingame support then give the people providiing the support the ability to do something rather than repeat parrot fashion 'Hmm I suggest you send in a bug report for that, thank you call again' (A hit rate here of .001% would be a vast improvement on Funcom)

So there you go all you people out there who want to steal customers from Funcom, get those 5 points right and you'll get most of us..... hell get one of them right and your get more then a fair share, mind you you'll have to provide ingame councelling for those of us who do transfer other cause anything we do see working right we would only get the gitters you'd nerf it in the next patch.

rant.value = false // end rant
    Hawkie, General of the Dark Crusaders.

'The only land we are willing to leave any Omni is the 6 foot by 3 foot patch we bury them in.'

grats !

you just killed me.

im a fixer.

fixers are not going to stay after 14.2

we NEED to oe our weapons to deal more than min damage.

we NEED grid armor to be able to live for more than 20 secs when fighting yellows or more

grid armor is USELESS when you are able to self equip it.

some fixing is needed for fixers before you nerf the hell out of us.

silmaril:

if youre a fixer, try to find 1 thing good for fixers in next patch.

grid armor nerf is not a GOOD thing.

and yes. it IS the ONLY fix for fixers this patch.

this "try to stay positive" attitude will fade the second you lvl a fixer past lvl 50.

visit fixer boards. we eat people like you when you come happyhappyjoyjoy'ing at low lvls. then you become one of us happyhappyjoyjoy-eaters if you have patience to lvl past 50.

Oh yes! This is the hidden nerf for the battlesuit..

prices that Trader and Omni shop terminals give.

God FC why can't you just be upfront with us for a change?

1. Making easier for levels through 30 == getting rid of token farming through level 30.

2. More "affordable" battlesuits == sells for less in shops.

You people are SO transparent...give it up and just be HONEST.

Originally posted by Gilgalaad
    What are the new sell price for Battle Suit & Tank Armor ?
    I smell a new hidden Nerfing Possibility there...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast