Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Krneki
    Nice to know fixers didn't have their defining thing implemented 6 months after the release.
    Our first 'defining' ability was Grid Phreak.

that didnt last, as Traders and Doctors can cast it now, and Engineers (yes thats you, bitter boy) got a far superior travel Nano)

Our remaining UNIQUE Fixer Ability is Grid Armor.
    Whioch is after 14.2 subject to the OE rules, and therefor (since we are unable to self cast it) will not the worth the code for the icon graphic.

stop your sarcasm - it is unasked for.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Actually I need to raise them to 1100+ to be viable such as Martial Arts, 761 for the final pet heal, 711 for the last AE blind and max my evasive skills unless i wanna get obliterated by real means.

oooh engineer have a far superior travel nano that doesn't move them an inch, how convinient! And oooohh....only like 1 person on the whole game has the team version.

Don't start with the how well we solo part, otherwise i may start on how well engineers pvp.

Thanks! This new patch you guys got planned looks great. I'm really happy to see that you're going to fix some of the things that has been broken for so long.
    I'm especially happy that all the fixers out there can change from that oogly grid armour to a nice cheap battle suit.

All fixers do anyway is whine whine whine. There isn't a single constuctive idea on the fixerboard, or the BM-envisioned thread, or Funcom talks about...

And what's with this talk about having 6 dark blue nano skills. I heard that agents cant cast every other professions nanos before the actual profession can. You really should think about making some of the nanoskills for agents a little cheaper. I heard about some kind of device that can add skillpoints in nanoskills, NCU hacker something... I think this one should be made agent only.

Btw, is this good for you, or should I bend over some more?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

I understand where you're coming from Krneki - absolutely.
    Only few ppl here are asking to be *good* in *all* respects: soloing, PvP *and* teams.

A) However, there are some (few) profs who are good in all three: they can solo just fine, do well in PvP and are wanted in teams.
    B) There are some who (at this time) are good in either one or two of the three.
    C) And - sadly enough - there are some who are pretty much a failure in all three areas.

Now the *bad* part is that this new patch will make those under A) even stronger and mainly hurt those in B) and C).

This is not what I call balancing.

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Item Changes:

*Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.
    In his article on Fixers, JimSalabim said that you guys couldn't really give fixers more damage potential because there was no effective "de-taunting" mechanism in the game.

HERE IT FRIGGIN IS. YOU LIED TO US.

I play both a fixer and an engineer. I'm sorry Krneki but compared to a fixer, engineers have no complaints.

Opp's

Ok Bitter BOy if yer gonna complain at least get it right

Name Walk The Grid
    Description The bodies of everyone in the trader's team are encoded into a digital form and transferred into the Grid.
    Patch <= 13.6
    Icon
    Crystal Nano Crystal (Walk The Grid)
    QL 70
    NCU 22
    Nanocost 818
    Duration 0 s
    Attack time 140 s
    Recharge time 3 s
    Range 10 m
    Attack skills matter creation 34
    psycho mod 33
    time and space 33

Requirements time and space 337
    matter creation 337
    psycho mod 337
    visual profession trader

So.. only one class can grid a whole team can they ?

Shut up until you know what your talking about...

And yes I am pissed off and yes you did provide a target for the unfocused anger I can't direct at Fu*ked-it-up-again-Com.

/me looks for the cancel account button
    Hawkie, General of the Dark Crusaders.

'The only land we are willing to leave any Omni is the 6 foot by 3 foot patch we bury them in.'

/me laughs

Oh, just set mob aggro against Fixers to 0. They should look at them, chuckle quietly, and attack the people who actually threaten them.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I've never really complained about anything. But you should really check out the engineer profession thread more often, since top threads are mostly complaints, which I usually don't aprove at all. I usually just comment the positive threads since when I try to back up the minority it often turns out like this a few threads above. I only pointed that QL of the nano crystals isn't a standard to measure your characters competance and I get the anti-fixer crown.

Sorry Krneki,

I think you picked a bad time to mention anything that the fixers have a gripe about.

Unless you have played a fixer I dnt think it can be understood how much this grid armour change will effect us.

and right now, I guess we just dont give a **** about any of the other proffessions because to be honest. nothing compares to this.

I dont meant to flame you, I am having a bad day and this just made it worse

Excuse me for being polite but Gawain, what are you talking about?

Nice to know fixers didn't have their defining thing implemented 6 months after the release.
    Is this regarding Grid Armor? It was about 7 months after release when we got GA... i was just wondering what you were talking about. Grid armor is about to be taken away from us anyway, so it really doesnt matter to begin with...

Originally posted by Krneki
    Excuse me for being polite but Gawain, what are you talking about?
    Gawain, I think Krneki actually talked about hte fact that only one ENGI has the team version of Beacon Warp.

Sorry Krneki - bad day, topped off with bad news is more than i can handle lately... take off that crown now - its mine, so gimme gimme

[/edit]
    oh and engineers still own Fixers in every means of this game - including breaking and entering, combat damage and travel.
    [edit]
    Last edited by Raik; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 15:45:19.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Originally posted by Pernicious

Is this regarding Grid Armor? It was about 7 months after release when we got GA... i was just wondering what you were talking about. Grid armor is about to be taken away from us anyway, so it really doesnt matter to begin with...
    What's your point? That i missed the date by 1 month? Sorry then. I the future i'll be more punctual.

To Funcom:

Interesting...

Just want to know when is MA attack fixs due? You know, MA attacks:

The "Lets die together" Flower of Life.

The "I do 1 damage over and over" Attack of the Snake.

The "Let's lack those real means' First Aid skills!" Angel of Night.

The "Hey I do 30 damage instead of 1, over and over again" Bird of Prey.

The "I dont even know why I am here, but I got a funky name" Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky.

The "I recharge every other century, and some of me are broken" Shen.

And finally the "I am the only non-retarded menber of my family" Blessed with Thunder.

I mean, it seems there are people (not on this thread btw) deeply concerned about MAs' way out of line uberness with those attacks. I dont think you guys should disappoint them by allow those attacks to stay FUBAR?

Edit: And while I am at it, where are the promised 2HE MA weapons? Where are the promised new MA special attacks? Where are the promised MA nano fixs (that are unrelated to crit nerf)? FUBAR heals? and other 999 problems you have yet to address.

And why are we called Martial Artist anyway? We dont even have the highest MA skill in this <insert insult here> game.
    Last edited by Ripple of Soul; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 15:50:48.

I think the point of the agent detaunter device is that agents must start off a fight with their aimed shot, it's often the only way they can get the aimed shot... and once they get it, it instantly aggros the mob onto them if they get a good one.

Meanwhile, the soldier stands there with his total mirror shield pointlessly running out while the doc tries to heal the agent.

Originally posted by Luthcian

[/edit]
    oh and engineers still own Fixers in every means of this game - including breaking and entering, combat damage and travel.
    [edit]
    huh? Engineers better at Breaking and Entering? Engineers have only a +32 BE buff and blue bearking & entering. Fixers have green BE and have IIRC +130 buff.

As for travel nanos, they are pretty much useless for the engineer. I'd gladly have fixers have it, because really all it does is encourage lazy ppl in my team to warp them to the next mission (60 sec). Never ever have been I invited to a team just because I have Beacon warp, never. It's more like a burdain then an advantage to me and sadly since only missions that are close are worth the exp at higher lvls, I only use it when some1 dies at the boss mob at the end, so she/he/it can at least get the exp reward for finishing the mission (they should really fix this lame Boss Gank Room™ ).

Oh yea almost forgot. Found a way for an engineer to deal a ton of dmg when yer lvl 190+, but unfortunatelly it costs a ton of IPs, but I think it's worth it, otherwise it takes like 5 min to kill yellows.
    Last edited by Krneki; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 15:58:52.

A fixer should be able to use Grid MKIV (which is QL198) at 200.
    It's a QL140 nano, but a QL198 armor.. take that into perspective.

Good Bye Doctors

I simply do not understand what goes on within Funcom's decision to do things the way they do.

AGAIN.. the Doctors are being over looked.. Oh but wait!.. what is this ?.. there is 2 issues * FC's favorite word * that is addressed in the new up coming patch.

The nano .. Epsilon Purge now works .. 10 months it took for it to be corrected and workable.. 10 months! And yet, look how long it took for new and workable additions for the Agent profession to get what they will in this patch.

We have changed the Biomech Armour. Earlier its First Aid and Treatment bonuses would only take effect if you were a Doctor. From now on all professions will get this bonus. The Armour Class on the Biomech Cloak has been increased somewhat, and we have fixed a bug so it will keep its shape after changing playfield.

Am I supposed to be excited about it FINALLY being fixed, so that ALL professions can wear it for the bonus's that it shows ? .. You made it useless for a Doctor to wear, to now FINALLY fix it.. only to let EVERYONE now wear it. Give me a break !!

Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.

It isn't as though the Doctors don't get enough hate and aggro now as it is, but that you devise this new tool, that will attempt to turn the *hate* from one player onto another... (can you say Doctor ) and then, make this new tool one profession ONLY. You shared the Biomed with everyone.. WHY NOT SHARE this new Repressor with everyone ?

Why.. Funcom do you address the issues of * selective * professions and totally IGNORE the others ? If your dissatisfied with the Doctor profession line, then take us OUT OF THE GAME, but don't keep IGNORING our playing needs like you have been doing for these past 10 months !!

Rosey

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    A fixer should be able to use Grid MKIV (which is QL198) at 200.
    It's a QL140 nano, but a QL198 armor.. take that into perspective.
    Plz check this before you even think of comparing it to any useful armour...Its bugged, horribly bugged...FC knows,, easy to put off fixing it if no one can use it...
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast