Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK

WHOA Horsey! Pull that bus over to the side of the road and get the .... OUT!

If your an NT who can't solo 2 orange mobs with those calms, you got issues.

Arg
    HEEEELLLLOOOO !

At lvl 15 there is NO calm... :P

And later there is so much resist, counter, fumble +++ that 2 mobs is a really big problem...

flapsie, it doesn't matter

At lvl 15, as an NT, you should able to put in implants to boost your matter creation to a point where 2 oranges should not be difficult. If you are still dying when you have implants upgraded, the problem is most likely your evades or armor class. Low evades will cause a lot of critical hits to land on you. If you have low AC, high hits all around will be the result.

On another note... why are you having to fight 2 oranges at once? If you are in an outdoor zone you need to learn how to wait till one is out of range of others and attack it. If in a mission, you can aggro one without the other. If you aggro it by getting close and do no damage to it untill you get it into another room to fight, the other mob will not aggro.
    Last edited by Draracma; Apr 30th, 2002 at 18:38:10.

Of course... My NT is now lvl 118...
    Been there done that...
    The thing that was fun with the fixer was that I could disregard that there were 2 or even 3 oranges and just go in to kill... That is impossible with a nanomage NT...

Atrox Nt's

Should have picked a atrox, with all the nano cost reducing programs NT's have and the humity exactors, your number of nano points would not have been a a factor. I seem to remember hearing about an atrox NT a while back, packing a beam and the usual NT nano's. Had 4.5K in hit points. I'll post again when I remember their name.

Re: Here we go=D

Originally posted by Necessity
    And so the army of shotgun ma twinks begins.

I've got mine
    Dont know yet what to make, trader or MA, 14.2 I will decide.
    NT phone HOME!!

blah

"The thing that was fun with the fixer was that I could disregard that there were 2 or even 3 oranges and just go in to kill... That is impossible with a nanomage NT... "

That's a ****ing riot.

14.2 on test server - MUST READ

View from an Agent - will be of some value for all classes:

First: PVM (i couldnt care less about pvp - if you do well it sounds nice;
    still not as good as soldier nm trader but somewhat ok) >>> CAN YOU SAY
    NERF? - but why? read....

So PVM - i am speaking of lvls 130 - 200 - thats where you will spend 80%
    of the time if you ever going to reach 200.

a) until ~150-160 its good to have a demon and belamorta as an agent - this
    is a SERIOUS LOSS to agent > AGENT NERF

b) past 160 (when you basicly RUN QL190ish mission - no time to wait for
    the bad pet pathing demons/bots) - its still nice to have heal pet....but
    sure not a big drawback; if you ever wanted to solo for decent exp around
    that lvl as an agent >> forget that now

c) CRIT - BUFFS: that is the REALY REALY BIG Hit. No UVC anymore. not even
    LMA (what a nanomage agent can cast in assume ~130 and in FP even earlier
    if he has the 2.500 nanopoints per cast...) - THIS SUX THIS SUX - team
    damage output is reduced A LOT. this will slow down exp gain for all teams
    by a big %age.
    Compensation? almost none. agent damage output might be a little LESS
    NERFED than other prof damage output - BUT OVERALL ITS A NERF for all
    classes!!!!

CONCLUSION: Funcom did some work to cover their basic intention with this
    patch: SLOW DOWN LEVELING!
    Thats all this patch is about - rest is just coverage for the fact they are
    nerfing everyone so ppl will need a lot longer to reach ~150-200.

Plain and simple thats it.

Instead of giving us more content at lvl 150 - 200 (HINT: Gods, Dragons or
    whatever you call it like EQ or even DAOC....) they are NERFING EVERYONE -
    mes not like that. not at all.

later

P.S.: Final note to agent and AS i stoped using AS a while ago - its not worth it. Its not worth to have ruse3 on (i have better use for my NCU - even with 5xQL200 64 and QL200 recompiler on) - and after full ip reset i dont see a point into investing a single ip into AS - its simply not worth it. - Chances are i will go with Burst/Full Auto - no joke; i am serious!!!

Thumbs up nice

Nice agent Patch

For Smack only...

You wrote:

....agent is not a pet class.....

>> This is false. This is false pre-14.2. and this is false post 14.2.
    - agent can still have lower lvl heal or fighting pets. THATS A FACT.

you wrote:

...if you want MP pets - play a MPs.....

>> When i did start my char many months ago i knew what i wanted to play - it was a close call between MP and agent -> YES i absolutly wanted to play a pet class and i did pick agent because of same pets as MP and concealment - its as simple as that. Agent was a fully operational pet class when i this char was created.

That your "vision" of the agent is different from reality is not my problem - shouldnt be at all. Alas FC decided to adapt reality to their "vision" of the agent...what is absolulty NOT what i ever wanted to play......

maybe you understand..or not - what does this matter at all ?

I don't want to be uber but I do want to be balanced. And I really really don't want to be nerfed again. So I have a question for all of you, what is an agent?

Most agents that started from release would say that an agent is a sniper that uses concealment to pick and choose his battles. Starting off as many battles as possible with aimed shot and the outcome of the battle is dependent mainly on how often he crits. We aren't tanks, we have little to offer a team other than our damage and pulling capability. Our health is low and our evades are low so we are more team dependent to level. Our primary role in a group is to pull for the group and attempt to cut the mob down to a manageable size by the rest of the team at the beginning of the fight. Very similar to the role an NT generally plays but with some slight variation in the technique. The new crit buff nanos and many of the other new agent items would help us achieve that and be unique as an agent. I don't want to have to rely on going a different profession in order to find a team. I want to be effective in a team based on my agent abilities alone. I should only need to switch to a different profession to use buffs that help compliment my core abilities or to help compliment the core abilities of other professions in the group. Frankly if I had to choose what needs to be improved and what could be reduced in effectiveness then I would choose the alternative profession nanos. I really grow tired of getting nerfed everytime I find a way to be even somewhat useful in a team. And as long as we can use another professions nanos every profession will be jealous of this eventhough we can't use them as effectively as they can due to the penalties associated with using an alternative profession nano. And this jealousy just causes us to be more and more gimped. In order for us to have an identity currently or a role in the group we are forced to borrow the identity of another profession because we no longer have our own identity anymore.

What does it take for people to stop asking for nerfs? The reasoning behind asking for nerfs against something due to its effect on PvP is complete and utter nonsense. PvP will never be balanced for 1vs1 combat for every profession. PvP balance only stands a chance if it is balanced toward group PvP. The idea of dueling belongs in an arena and shouldn't consume the essence of PvP. PvP should mean something more than just some title next to your name. There should be something at stake when you PvP and until there is a good reason to PvP its only good for boosting ones ego about how "uber" they are. The only way it will ever be balanced is if its balanced for group PvP. Just as the rest of the classes are now being balanced for group PvM.

Once balance is achieved for a profession while in a group then and only then should solo play be looked at for that class. At lower levels mobs are weak enough that a player can achieve enough of an edge over mobs to be able to solo. But in higher levels we only have an edge over mobs when we play in a group. Currently none of the professions are truly "fixed" or balanced yet. Right now the only profession I would even consider remotely close to balanced yet would be the MA. They are no where close to being "fixed" but there is a solid backbone for them to being balanced in the future. Healing capability, good evades, good hitpoints, good combat nanos, low base chance to crit with MA attack, and a high crit buff usable for extended periods of time. All in all a very good backbone for being balanced in the future.
    Last edited by Graxxus; May 3rd, 2002 at 05:41:09.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

yea sell..

I highly doubt if anyone finds rare nanos they are going to sell them. Everyone I know that finds a rare item actually rerolls a char of that profession to use it. Seen it a hundred times...

Lets cross our fingers and just hope that out new damage line doesnt add 4 to each hit. That'd be just like funcom.

Re: yea sell..

Originally posted by dfault
    I highly doubt if anyone finds rare nanos they are going to sell them. Everyone I know that finds a rare item actually rerolls a char of that profession to use it. Seen it a hundred times...
    Lets cross our fingers and just hope that out new damage line doesnt add 4 to each hit. That'd be just like funcom.
    Really, Nullity come to mind? Or grid armor?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Angry

I want nullity for my 120 NT
    and grid armour for my fixer...

I wonder if I'll ever find it or be able to afford it... ;(

Hrmm.. I like the new agent changes.

I still don't understand why people always complain.

I like the changes because in the beginning I chose an agent as my class because I felt like the agent was a sniper, and a person who was kind of a mercenary and can work undercover to get the job done. At first I felt like the agent was nothing what I imagined it to be. But now with the new patch, it really fullfills what I believe an agent to be. I did not choose this class to be "uber" and I fully expected to be the class that is kind of last pick in groups and not the best soloer.

Anyways, I really do not understand why many people always whine. It seems that one of the biggest complaints is "ooohhh now I can't solo my way to level 200." Firstly, what I don't understand is why play a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online ROle Play Game) if you don't like grouping with others, socializing with new people, and combining forces to take on harder things than imaginable. If you want to solo your way to level 200, go buy a game that is single player. Secondly, if you really have to solo your way through a MMORPG, why not choose a class that is more suitable for soloing then? I really don't think the agent class was ever intended to be a good solo class.

I applaud Funcom for their changes, and all their further ideas. The biggest thing I want to see developed in this game, are things that encourage grouping and socializing; and I feel like Anarchy is slowly headed in that direction.

LOLOL.. just had to reply to this.

Originally posted by Noiti
    Secondly, if you really have to solo your way through a MMORPG, why not choose a class that is more suitable for soloing then? I really don't think the agent class was ever intended to be a good solo class.
    LOL.... I'm a MP and don't give 2 hecks about this patch except for the hope that they will fix pet-pathing.. or at the least not make it any worse. But that statement right there made me laugh.

Yeah.. the class where concealment and being able to infiltrate organisations and be undiscovered was REALLY designed to be grouping with others. LOL.

As for soloing... well... I really hate it when people go "don't play a MMORPG if you just want to solo." GAH... hell I WANT to be able to solo, I PREFER to hunt in groups... but I want the option to hunt solo available to me.

"Oh look, I have 60 minutes to play... "
    *logs on to AO*
    *looks for a group for 15 minutes IF you're lucky*
    *waits for everyone to get organized and missions pulled* *makes way to mission*
    *looks at the time and realizes he has to log off*

I don't think my enjoyment of a game should be dependent on the availability of others. IF I want to solo I should be able to within reasonable limits. I'm not even talking fighting oranges or reds.. I'm talking greens. I'd like to see you have an agent, fixer or doc solo a 50% mission at level 100.

I've soloed 90% of my AO career up to a level of 141 on my MP. I PREFER to hunt in groups... however because of my timezone, I have a hard time finding people who are not already in a group or who will be staying online long enough for a serious hunt.

So PLEASE... don't come on here acting all high and mighty because you FEEL that people shouldn't be playing a MMORPG if they don't want to group. YOU are NOT paying for MY game... especially a game that WAS advertised as being able to solo, albeit slower and more difficult, to level 200. Slower and more difficult is quite a bit different than IMPOSSIBLE for some classes.

I AM a fan of Funcom, and I am hoping they will fix things and improve things... however, lets get things straight. People want the enjoyment of the game improved, I fail to see something wrong with that. The people who sit there and laugh at others getting nerfed or calling for the nerfing of others rather than offering ideas for improvements make me sick.

Here are my PERSONAL wishes that they would add that would make MY enjoyment of the game better:

1) Fix pet-pathing.
    2) Make it so that we can select our pets using something similar to the /selectself command.
    3) Fix pet-pathing.
    4) Allow us to squelch people from sending me tells not in my buddies list or guild.
    5) Fix pet-pathing.
    6) Did I mention fix pet pathing?

Arrow eh... dude

... /ignore

?.

Dont mess with the MP class anymore, weve had our love, now let everyone else have it .

no comment about the new patch, will have to see how people react. im content. or whatever the word is. hopefully agents will be pleased..

woot

/// halofire, hubba hubba yeah!

Sorry, I did not mean to come across as slanting people who want to solo. I think Anarchy is cool that you can solo at the option; I solo as well. The ability to solo takes away from the headache of playing the game for 2 hours just trying to find a group (which, yes is a complete waste). What I did say was "solo your way to 200."

Anyways, the overall point I was trying to make, really is that I like the changes to Agents, but people still seem to really complain... and the people who seem to complain are the people who solo almost all the time, in which, maybe they would just be happier to play a different proffession that allows them more flexibility when soloing.

My other point I was trying to make, is tht I like how Funcom is making an effort to make agents seem more like, well agents.

I did not mean to come across as "high and mighty" hehe... because believe me I am a person that is far from being "high and mighty".

I offer my apologies to those I may have wrongfully offended.

Re: eh... dude

Originally posted by Halofire
    ... /ignore

?.

Dont mess with the MP class anymore, weve had our love, now let everyone else have it .

no comment about the new patch, will have to see how people react. im content. or whatever the word is. hopefully agents will be pleased..

woot

/// halofire, hubba hubba yeah!

riiiiiight.....
    so you dont want pet pething fixed?
    i guess you dont group with many pet classes or arent one (at least one that doesnt do missions)

Hehe, well I must apologize myself since I have been in this hugely bad mood for the past couple of days. I'm a level 141 MP who's had to do most of my leveling solo, and I ACTIVELY look for groups.

But you are correct.... a lot of people whine about changes without even seeing what the changes do affect. I'm not too sure I'm crazy about the idea of boss mobs dropping the loot that's needed to be used to benefit agents since this leads to much frustration due to annoying camping.

As for the other changes, I'm on a wait and see before passing any judgement. Technically speaking, the game was over for me since level 125 when I had the best attack/heal/mez pets available to my profession. I still play the game because it continues to be fun for me.

Eventually, I will restart a new character and since I already have a level 157 soldier and will probably want to avoid pet classes (unless they really fix pet pathing), agents sound like a lot of fun and I hope that the changes they are proposing will be worthwhile.

I've always said that the problem with message boards is that you get the feedback of the vocal minority of the people playing the game. However, there ARE always valid points posted... albeit in a weird way. I just hope the developers are able to sort through all the posts and come to an approximate overview of how the game is developing/played.

In a perfect system, i'd like to see the developers themselves actually playing the game... without special advancement powers and actually having to use their interface to acquire the rare and hard to find nanos/items that are beneficial. I've talked to a couple of GM's already... and its kind of interesting that none of the ones I've talked to has never played a char above level 50. Now of course this is because they're busy and what not.. but I'm hoping they can get higher to get an idea of what high level play is all about. But that is a topic for another thread/board.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast