Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Profession Changes

STFU

doomgod you want MP pets play a damn MP you whiner! No class solos worth a damn at higher lvls so your argument is moot there.
    they are taking away the higher lvl MP pets for the same fackin reason you cant cast a Slayer Droid. AGENT IS NOT A PET CLASS. PERIOD. STFU.

Cool bah humbug

Nice to see some improvements on some of the Professions, but I'd really like to see someone throw a bone to Aventurers and Fixers...

ALso, can we PLEASE make Tradeskills more lucrative if not USEFUL? My Engineer is going to love this upcoming IP re-allocation, cuz I wasted IPs in the useless skills that are aqua to her. Nice to see the new bot coming in tho

I've seen a lot of imrovements to just about every single Prof except for Adv and Fixers and Engineers, but I'd like to see more...I know Agents and MAs have been getting a TON of attention, but lets spread the love a little.

-Fixerman

Originally posted by Chazmyr
    "Your adventurer does suck: at lvl 100 mine had Ql165 elite/primus coat/QL180 novaflow/QL150 implants and prolly the best heal I could.

At 102 i had my 1k token board...can't afford to twink - solo...can't solo cause u suck - well sucks you picked the wrong way to play your char

IMO adventurers are fine. The only thing i dont like is they "should
    " use pistols or 1h edged...adventurers are like solitus...not the best at everything but good at a lot: they should just get all light blue weapons skills"

Can you spell OVEREQUIPPING ??

I try to use items i can selfequip only.

So far, only my Implants have a few i cannot selfequip.

I have full Ql200 Omni-Pol elite in bank, and ql200 Riders in bank as well, used ql180 up until last week.

Now i only have a 285 Token board, but money aint a big issue from me, since i have alot of sales on Shopping channel.

Now after the next patch that fixes OE, lets see what you say, with your supertwinked char.

Until them, try playing a char that don't need 10 people to wear his eq.
    IF you don't overequip you suck at this game. End of story. Even with the OE patch I am still within that 20% or so. It's called maxing weapons EVERY lvl or abilities EVERY lvl. Adventurers have GREEN treatment. That means +5 EACH lvl till cap. Those 150-155 implants help tons.

The beauty about novaflow is i can get RC+AR/LRE mastery buffs and maybe a wrangle if i wanna go nuts on the OE. I don't or I would put a QL200 novaflow on.

It is people who believe if they can't self equip it they shouldn't wear it that ruin the game and have made this OE patch even worse. The reason you got concreate pillows for taht +16 bonus and essense and IC etc is to buff some crap on. FC intended it like that, just the whiners have made them change.

IF your afraid to OE don't cry for some "lovin" from FC. The adventurer has only a FEW problems, unlike the agent who has many. Advents get the same HPs as soldiers/enforcers as a profession. They get heals and AC buff/damage buffs. Sure the AC buffs should keep going, but if you check ymera there arent that many advents high enough yet either...while before the agent was screwed tehre were sh!tloads....

Anyways...just saying advents arent the problem. Only profession that should be whining are fixers, they been taking in the rear since this game launched.

nano's dropped by boss mobs ?

um, this is probably the dumbest idea in a long line of dumb ideas.

if you don't know why, then try doing a team mission once. better yet, try doing a team mission where you can actually gain a bit of xp and not have to waste hours killing green mobs just so you can go into the boss room and not die instantly!

Re: STFU

Originally posted by Smack
    doomgod you want MP pets play a damn MP you whiner! No class solos worth a damn at higher lvls so your argument is moot there.
    they are taking away the higher lvl MP pets for the same fackin reason you cant cast a Slayer Droid. AGENT IS NOT A PET CLASS. PERIOD. STFU.
    This post definitely says nothing for your maturity. Agent were listed to be versatile and able to use all nanos in the game... (NOT SOME NANO'S IN THE GAME). I can't believe any MP would be jealous of me, a lvl 154 Agent, running around with a Restite. Every class should scream and shout. Hey, if you wanted to wrangle you should've played a trader. Hey if you wanted MK Shield you should've played a Soldier. Hey if you wanted to go into animal form you should've made an Adventurer. It sounds like you are the one whining and you aren't the one being nerfed. Why do you get jollies out of another class being nerfed?

So think before you speak... agents have no unique nanos for a reason... the reason being that we can use other proffesions nano's and at a very harsh penalty.

The reason Agents weren't allowed to have Engie pets were because they were permanent... which isn't fair when in 30 minutes you can fp again and get other nanos. Else you'd have Agents with slayers being healed by heal pets and running around casting MK Shield... a bit large of an advantage. Engie pets were not allowed because they were permanent!!

MP pets are limitly timed and very Nano Skill intensive.
    Last edited by eleetist; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 23:28:28.

Talking

Originally posted by Morbidity
    When are they going to do something for NTs? Are they not even on the fix list?
    W000T! They actually are doing something for the NT's, they nerf all down to our lvl... LOL

People have been biased against the agent for a very long time now. And lets get this straight right here and now we were fine as a profession before 12.6. The majority of the agent profession were very happy. We did not complain we had no need to. Playing as an agent was fun. We were no more "uber" than the MP or the trader is now. Prior to 12.6 we played our characters as agents. We used alternate profession line nanos only to supplement our core agent abilities. Our aimed shot was powerful so we tried to start every battle with it. We lived and died depending on the strength of the mob and how high our aimed shot was.

Many other professions did not like the fact we were having fun playing our characters. They didn't like the fact we didn't have to kill every freaking mob we came across in a mission in order to get the mission item. They didn't like getting killed in PvP areas by aimed shot. Never mind the fact that it is the single most hardest special to actually get to even fire in the game due to it being tied to conceal vs perception checks in PvM. The best critting aimed shot weapons however were assault rifles and soldiers don't even have to put one point of ip into conceal to use it.

When a class is actually fun to play everyone wants to nerf it. After 12.6 every core agent ability was systematically nerfed one by one until there was nothing left. Further "fixes" and further nerfs every damn patch since. I can't remember the last patch we weren't nerfed. Our identity as a profession is gone and has been gone for a long time now. Since 12.6 we've been having to rely on other professions buffs and pets in order to survive. Being able to survive on buffs usable by the actual class normally 5 levels below us sometimes more. We have low hitpoints and low evades. We don't have any usable tradeskills for cash and the ones we would use like weapon smithing and elec engineering are either dark blue or blue.

I don't understand why people actually enjoy to see our class suffer? If we get aggro we die unless we have a heal pet on us. we don't have HOTs we don't have any usable heals and what ones are available not only can we not use them in battle due to extremely high nano init penalties(-2000) and nano cost penalty(150% for reference nano cost penalty of using nanos while wearing tank armor 100% is less than the penalty we get for using false profession). Once we discover a new way to survive the angry nerf mob gets jealous that we can survive the other nerfs so they nerf us again and again and again. And people wonder why agents *****.

People say we're not a combat class yet we aren't a support class either. A support class has buffs that will actually help the team like the trader, or they have a bot to tank for them, or they use mez in combination with roots to help withh agro management. In actuality the play style of an agent is more closely associated with that of a NT. Except that an agent's nuke is an ammo based aimed shot only usable prior to being attacked. Nts are in very much the same situation that an agent is in. We suffer from some of the same nerfs that they have been yet at the moment their viability is dependent on uber rare nanos that are near impossible to find. And with this patch we will be somewhat similar in that regard as well.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Apr 24th, 2002 at 01:29:53.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Originally posted by Corexmus
    You agent guys complain far to much, it's not supposed to be easy... and I agree with some of you, if you want to deepend on pets, dont play an agent. There are ups and down to all traits, and from what I see I think the Agent starts to look quite good, and dont complain about that you cant solo on your own, Funcom focuses, and correctly so, on TEAM play.
    I am glad you think it starts to look good,,,,have you played an agent ? I have since launch and i do not think this is starting to look good at all. Also I never wanted to depend on pets,,,but all the weepers who got aimed shotted on rare occasions screameed nerf and FC listened,and since then I was forced to depend on them. Funny when I signed up for this game on launch day soloing was a viable option for players,,,or so it was stated by FC. As a last not I am very tired of people who dont play a certain class telling that class that they have no reason to complain,,I do not crithique any class but agents ,,why? Because it is what I play and what I have knowledge of,,,a very good thing to have before one speaks. Be well.

Question Why lose good paying customers?

Why nerf a class? It is a simple question really, because nerfing only makes you lose money AO. I rember the days of release you had potenial and you could of made this the "best" game. But with your current patches you will only make people leave. Engineers what are they good for? pets so why make it to where there class will be obsolete. Why don't you do the right thing and only make things better for other classes? Also how often do you see successful games such as DAoC and EQ nerf a class? Never do they might change a few things but never make a class so terible that no one will want to play them any longer. Also why do you want to go against what your customers want, so far every Engie i've meet has said this will make there game experince no fun. I don't know if you beleave in Western Philsophys but one we have is "The Customer Is Always Right."
    Really do you want to lose more business because only around 40% of the orginal AO population still plays and usually you hear everyday in OOC of another fellow AO member quiting. I understand you fixing exploits but nerfing a class to the extent of people quiting don't you think it is a little extreme? Seriously give thought to it both sides can use buffs to cast pets right? so how is it a exploit it is a simple way of life it has been like this since release so why change it so long after? Also I mean think about this MP's rock it at lvl 120 they can self buff there self to cast a QL 200 pet and those Mochma's last forever is it fair to let a class buff 125 to a skill? that is about haveing 75 lvls added to your current lvl. How will the current patch balance the game for Engineers? I would hate to see so many people quit and you lose business.

This game had potenial but you never took care of the customer not once have I seen you listen to plee not to nerf a class. Do your research AO if you want to make money in life you have to please people and by making a large population of the poeple mad with OE is not the way to do it. Im sure not one offical will read my post but it is ok when you lose alot of people to this patch you will be the one out of money. Shot for success AO and listen to your large population of engineers.

I do understand it is your policy not to listen to the customers on patches, stop listening to the whinners and stop nerfing stuff before this game turns into a 1 or 2 super class game. One aspect of this game your ruining is "diversity" people like it so why limit it?

I seriously hope you give thought to my comments and I hope you do post. But im pretty sure you will not so I feel this speech on how to run a business is in vain. Maybe you should incorprate a voting system for customers to vote on stuff added to patch? See wha the polls say.

Best of luck to you Funcom but your future in the online industry is looking very VERY bleak.

Agents Are Not Assassins

Ok, here is the problem. In real life, an assassin really can kill someone with one bullet. Easily. In this game, you cannot against any monster it would really be worth killing. Because of this, the whole idea of assassination is nonsense here. Assassination requires a 1 or 2 shot kill in a very short time frame. Funcom is not going to let you do that in PvM because it would allow Agents to gain relatively risk free experience.

In PvP, a careful Agent should be able to 1-shot anyone of comparable level, just about every time. If we are trying to be realistic. Think about it. While you are sitting at the coffee shop drinking your latte, a sniper up on a building could easily put a bullet in your head. The only reason you are safe in real life is because you aren't important enough and troublesome enough that someone wants you dead. Funcom is not going to let you 1-shot in PvP. Everyone will scream unfair play and ask for a nerf.

So, you just have to accept--if you are playing an Agent--that you are never meant to be an assassin in this game. Unless you are happy assassinating greys. Really greys.

(Although I suppose if you were clever enough to make a team of 6 Agents and hit a target simultaneously...Then again that's not very realistic either because a big part of assassination is often killing someone without anyone knowing who is responsible. If you have multiple assassins, the odds go up tremendously that one will be caught and the responsible faction identified...)

Anyway, useless ramblings.

If you spend time trying to make AO Agents conform to what your idea of an Agent is, it will probably cause you endless pain. Just adapt to the changes or shelf the character until you're less pissed :-).

I was under the false impression that agents were going to get some "love".
    Granted we havent seen the stats on the nanos that have been added. I have a strange feeling that our new nanos will not be as good or better than the ones that are being taken away (we have already spent time and money to obtian these and are we going to be compensated for that?)

I guess we should just wait for the patch and all scramble after these new nano lines in team missions right when everyone else is trying to figure out how to reset there ip, change all there implants, and kill green mobs.

For now all we can do is wait i guess.

Have u agents actually seen the notes ???
    You will get invisible to players too ??? 1 aimed shot noone saw where came from ?
    THAT IS UBER...
    Especially because Aimed shot actually can do more damage than the BEST NT nano in the game...

Thumbs up Read the post by Graxxus

{In Regards to the Post Originally posted by Graxxus [/i]}

HEAR HEAR Graxxus.. How can one argue with the Truth!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish so many non-agent players would truly understand.

ahh.. sometimes its good to sit back and rememebr the good ol' days... unfortunately theyare just a memory.

I don't care to be uber, i don't want to be the best..
    i only wish to be as good as the rest..

Originally posted by Flapsie
    You will get invisible to players too ??? 1 aimed shot noone saw where came from ?
    THAT IS UBER...
    Especially because Aimed shot actually can do more damage than the BEST NT nano in the game...
    Yes AS *CAN* do a tiny bit more than best NT nano, but how often does that happen? Best NT nano does 4k+ MINIMUM damage. Aimedshot will be better than that NT nano in about 1 out of 20shots, in the other 19 the nuke will do more. AS can only be used once a fight (in practice even less because of long refresh). AS require you to be concealed to even get off, which can be very hard.

And yes we can sneak around, hit someone with a AS which can do at most 40% of a persons hp, then we have to run like idiots because our crappy rifles only do crap dmg, especially now that they take our crit buffs away. Why do you comment on things you obviously dont understand?

What people are forgetting is that you need to match perception skill with concealment skill in order to get a 75% chance of spotting someone that is concealed (ie pvp players spamming search button in pvp zones) within your scan range. Also anyone can increase concealment, it isn't viable to anyone but agents in PvM due to ungodly perception of all mobs and only agents have a chance to increase concealment over mob perception. How many of you are planning on investing any ip into perception?

In PvP anyone of any skill level will be able to go into sneak mode and be concealed from you. And the search radius that you have for trying to detect someone will be 5 meters...you won't be able to have a search range of 40m until you get 1000 in perception(I would like to know if the search radius increases as you gain skill in perception because 5 m radius only until you get 1000 in perception is a bit of a joke).

So if for some reason you are walking around in a pvp area not in sneak mode you are open season to anyone in sneak mode regardless of whether or not they have less conceal than your perception, it doesn't matter because you won't be able to detect them until they get within your search radius. But if your scan range does increase as you increase perception then anyone that puts ip into perception will have an advantage....even if they don't put ip into conceal. Theoretically if you did put points into perception and were able to attain a larger search radius than your intended prey you could stay out of your victims smaller search radius and stay undetected even if you had lower concealment than your intended victims perception. Thereby allowing you to fire first.

PvP as we know it will be changed by this patch. You (a clan NT) zone into a PvP zone and it looks empty...it's not. Everyone is concealed waiting for some schmuck to attempt to run to their mission area. Then an omni soldier initiates his alpha strike from his concealed position...but now since he initiated an attack his concealment is broken and everyone can see him too. You die from alpha strike but the soldier quickly follows as there are also clan hiding in the darkness too. As one group attacks they become visible allowing others to see them too. And the cycle continues until a truly fierce battle unfolds.

This patch may finally eliminate PvP duels outside of the arena...good riddance. Please Funcom work on implementing team PvP titles...that will end a lot of the inconsistencies of single one on one PvP balance issues that will never and should by design not be fixed. Then you can balance the game toward what a player can offer the team, balance the game by creating roles to play in the team. Then fix the class to be able to effectively achieve those roles

An agent's role in PvP is simple in team PvP....use aimed shot on the largest threat and take him/her out first. We may die but our team will have a better chance of winning the battle with fewer casualties. If we take out the doc or the primary healer and they don't take out ours then we have a significantly higher chance of winning. A large group of lower level players have a significantly higher chance of winning a battle against a smaller higher level group. PvP might actually be fun.

A lot of testing needs to be done on this patch. Sure the concealment changes may help the agent more than other professions due to our high conceal and perception but any profession with decent perception capabilities will also stand to gain a lot as well. And players wanting to go to PvP areas and not PvP, all they need to remember is to sneak your way out and pray a high perception player doesn't detect you. How many of you will be putting points into perception now?

Now add perception checks to aimed shot in PvP and a visual indicator above the heads of mobs/players that you see or some type of indicator when you con the mobs/players that you see/detect when they detect you. Scan range for concealed mobs or players should be blocked by obstacles to line of sight such as walls and closed doors. If you can't fire at them you shouldn't be able to detect them if they are in sneak...and vice versa.

Tie in all the spying skills. If we successfully open a chest or a door, then sneak mode shouldn't disengage. If we successfully disarm a trap, then sneak mode shouldn't disengage. However if we fail to unlock a chest or door,then sneak mode should disengage. If we fail to disarm a bomb then sneak mode should disengage. If a bomb goes off and explodes,then any mobs damaged by the explosion should enter the room and attack you. If a frightened rollerrat appears, then it should attack you. If you are blinded then sneak mode should disengage...you got lucky if no mobs are in the room with you, if their were mobs in the room then they would attack you while you were blinded.

Sneaking difficult missions used to be fun. Go in and see how much you could get before ya got killed...very very exciting at times never knowing if this chest would be the one ya get screwed on lol. Every chest should have something in it. Armor, weapons, furniture, ammo, tradeskill items, and even cash. Why are so many empty?

Why is everyone concerned about an agent's mission sneaking abilities? Or is it just jealousy that your profession can't do the same? I wish I could make my own implants but I fork my cash over to NTs or MPs because they are more proficient at it than I am. Why is this any different? Everyone else just run blitzes the missions to get the items you want? Why screw the agent out of his primary agentish ability..one of the things that makes him/her an agent? We can't kill every mob in a 75% mission and get the exp/reward/tokens. We only get the cash and the reward for sneaking the mission. Whats the problem? Jealousy? By nerfing concealment in 12.6 you unintential scewed over many adventurers using weapons that use sneak attack. We don't use sneak attack but adventurers did. And now they can't because of jealousy and the overzealous need to nerf a class that was happy and fun to play.

Use the same rules used in PvM perception checks as PvP perception checks. Mob perception should vary from mob to mob depending on their breed and profession. I should have an easier time passing the perception checks of an enforcer mob than I do an agent or fixer mob. This would help us feel that our concealment skill actually matters. As it is now it seems every mob of every level has a 40m scan range that they spam perception checks every 2 or 3 seconds. If I get detected and attacked I want the profession that attacks me initially to be a class that is supposed to have relatively high perception. 20% chance for any mob of detecting me devalues the ip we invest in that skill. Just as this same implementation devalues a fixer's skill in B and E against locked chests. Locked doors should be fairly easy to unlock but chests should require skill to open and not a lot of attempts. Fixers have a lot that needs to be fixed as well.

In essence fix what you "temporarily intentionally" broke. An agent's viability is tied directly into their core agent skills. Our alternate profession nanos are supposed to merely supplement our skills instead of being our only skills. If we are uber using much lower ql nanos of the actual class then someone needs to look at those nanos. As it is now we have to borrow all of the good aspects of other professions after they are reaching the end of their viability, because we have no viability ourselves.

And to think some people actually believe an agent doesn't use tactics or strategy when they PvP or PvM for that matter. They still think that aimed shot crits every other shot...all they see are the large aimed shots they don't ever see it plink 20-30 shots in a row. An agent often announces his big crits to a group...ya know why because we are amazed ourselves when we actually get a decent one and that we were able to fire it in the first place. We use a lot of tactics and strategy to buff for the situation and not gimp ourselves.

Its funny after this patch I don't think we are as powerful as an actual MP, a trader, an enforcer, an MA, or an engineer for that matter. Yet people are still screaming for more nerfs to us and the patch isn't even hitting the test server yet.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Apr 24th, 2002 at 14:46:05.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Originally posted by Flapsie
    Aimed shots are covered by the 40% damage cap.

If standing in the middle of the arena disguised as a tree is your game, well, go for it

Loosing:
    - Higher level MP pets (no more meaningful heals)
    - Self cast MA crit buffs (self and other)

Gaining:
    - Lower quality crit buff (self only, and found on boss mob only, and will probably not stack with the MA buff). Will these buffs be better or worse that team MA buffs? Ehhh...
    - A de-aggro device which, if used, will make us unwelcome in teams and labeled cowards. After all, another (non-agent) player's probability of death when aggroed will be directly proportional to the number of agents on the team.
    - A cloak, which will most likely be sen/agi based, but which I can definitely live without.
    - Ability to role play and change sides. Problem is that if you are listed on one of the ranking sites, your original side is verifiable. Besides, I'd be crazy to use it if it would lock me out of my guild for a week.
    - Overall concealment changes that are useable by all professions, not just agents.
    - A team concealment buff? How is that supposed to work if at lvl 73 I'm being detected by leets in backyard?
    - Damage buffs which, judging by what current damage buffs do, will add +20 to the damage of a rifle.
    - Trinkets

The ironic thing about all of this is that it seems to be working. I've already been told by my guildmates that the agent should be fun next patch (none of them ever played an agent). Same pertains to the comments on this boards by members of other professions. All of this because of the trinkets...

Here is my question: Now, that you have removed the only 2 false professions Agents have used in combat, tell us, what have you done for the Agents Funcom? This question is important, because I would like to know what is our damage (criticals) and healing (pets) supposed to be replaced with.

Yes, the jury is still out on what the real patch will bring. But since this is a comments forum, these are my comments on what I see in the notes.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Flapsie said, "Have u agents actually seen the notes ???
    You will get invisible to players too ??? 1 aimed shot noone saw where came from ?"

Everyone will see where the aimed shot came from.

See, once you attack someone, your concealment is broken, and then you can't reconceal because you are in a fight.

Re: Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by FunFixer

Have you played an Agent?
    Im guessing no.
    err sorry.. i didn't mean that the agent is allright at the moment... this was more concerning the "Get your stuff from mission boss" issue

Re: Re: Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by StevenNox

err sorry.. i didn't mean that the agent is allright at the moment... this was more concerning the "Get your stuff from mission boss" issue
    How would you like it if SG/VS and all your nice nanos and MA stuff would be dropped only from Boss MoB´s?
    Or sold for 300 mil creds...
    Profession fixes should NOT be droped from Boss MoB´s!
    Wasnt this game supposed to be solo friendly?

Originally posted by MSag

Yes AS *CAN* do a tiny bit more than best NT nano, but how often does that happen? Best NT nano does 4k+ MINIMUM damage. Aimedshot will be better than that NT nano in about 1 out of 20shots, in the other 19 the nuke will do more. AS can only be used once a fight (in practice even less because of long refresh). AS require you to be concealed to even get off, which can be very hard.

And yes we can sneak around, hit someone with a AS which can do at most 40% of a persons hp, then we have to run like idiots because our crappy rifles only do crap dmg, especially now that they take our crit buffs away. Why do you comment on things you obviously dont understand?
    *Agents are now able to learn and use all the agent-specific nano programs (except for the False/Assume/Mimic profession line) when in a false profession. Essentially you can now execute nanos from two professions - the Agent nanos and the ones from the false profession.

*Agents: added two new lines of self-only critical hit increase buffs - Concentration and Sureshot. Check out the boss monsters in team missions, they might be carrying one.

Now u can use Agent nanos while FP'ing...
    And where do it say u loose the critbuffs ??? It sure look like it is ADDED MORE...

And why should you be worrying about that u can't use the MA critbuffs ? You are AGENTS...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast