Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Alignment Switch

Hey, uhm. Where's the value in Agent alignment switching? Can't you already do this with a form? So isn't this ability really the "you are so special you can change to neutral and no one else can" nano formula?

What's the difference between this nano and the applications?

When you use the form

you don't just lose the use of your merit board temporarily, it's a permanent loss. That's a huge difference for some, right there.

Question Other professions?

Ok nice to see the Agents fixed, I personally think its a major improvemnt, though I think the healing pet decrease is a BIT OTT, perhaps only limit the top one or two.

However when are the ADV and ENG going to get fixed? ADV have been on the list for a while... and ENG well, suck, to a large extent atm. Kamakarzi Bot promised... but still no show... can we pllllleeeasssseeeeeeee have some fix to us.

Screwz

Re: Other professions?

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    Ok nice to see the Agents fixed, I personally think its a major improvemnt, though I think the healing pet decrease is a BIT OTT, perhaps only limit the top one or two.
    I dont really see any fixes for the Agent in 14.2 ...
    Just some minor stuff, and some nerfs.

Agent "fixes"

I DONT want those MP pets and I DONT want those MA Critbuffs or to put it another way: I DONT WANT TO BE DEPENDENT ON THEM!!!!

Why do all the Agents cry when they get taken away their MP pets? Because the only way they can gain xperiencepoints is killing a Mob and they cant do that without a pet! Thats retarded!

-An Agent is an Assasin and a Sneaker, so what I want is XP for sneaking a missions and assasinating a "Bossmob"!
    (If you want to tell me to pick "kill" missions, then I have to tell you that I cant kill the mission objective without the help of a MP pet and if I succeed, I wont get the missionsxp reward, because I only get that if I get a token, that Id only get if I clear the mission, which I cant do without a MP pet... I hope you get it!)

-FIX CONCEALMENT! A lvl 170 Agent that cant sneak a ql 120 mission (which is 25% on his slider) without being detected by grey mobs is Bull****!

-Give us some BIG aimed shot that can instant kill a "bossmob" at an 80% chance and to make it not to uber let it take 20 secs to place it!
    Last edited by haujob; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 13:32:54.

To those who complained about the agent's new side changing ability:

This ability will suck. If you read the patch notes, you'll see that there is a "skill lock" when you change sides, just as when you use the application form.

What this means is that any agent who changes sides will then be stuck and unable to switch back for a long time, unless he or she is low level. By a long time, I mean it may be weeks until you can change back.

So, why would anyone want to do this?

Thumbs down

You agent guys complain far to much, it's not supposed to be easy... and I agree with some of you, if you want to deepend on pets, dont play an agent. There are ups and down to all traits, and from what I see I think the Agent starts to look quite good, and dont complain about that you cant solo on your own, Funcom focuses, and correctly so, on TEAM play.

Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by StevenNox
    I don't understand all your whining.

This Patch also contains the OE issue so that means that they will adjust the MOB difficulty and even the new Nanos of the Agent/MA to make it easier for you.

From my point of view they also fix the uber ithacas which makes docs so powerfull in PvP.

None of you or even most haven't seen a single crystal/tool for the Agent or one of the new MA "critbuff" so far.

So about what excatly are you flaming about????

- BettyBlue : RK1

P.S.: And i have the fealing that some of you would like a cheaters shop with all items in all QL. Why you just don't take the challenge and kill that boss mob to get your new stuff!!!!

Docs SUCK in PvP until complete heal comes along. Get it straight.

Agents. Your gimped, but not as bad as others. Your not supposed to be the tank, and your not supposed to be the huge dmg dealer. You shouldnt have as many HP as a enforcer, or deal the damage of a soldier. period. Anyone who thinks you should, your screwed in the head. Go talk to a Fixer if you wanna see a gimp. At least you got SOME love this patch. Whens the last time Fixers, or Docs got love of any kind? They fixed epsilon purge this patch. whoopie. about 2% of the docs on the entire planet can cast it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Corexmus
    You agent guys complain far to much, it's not supposed to be easy... and I agree with some of you, if you want to deepend on pets, dont play an agent. There are ups and down to all traits, and from what I see I think the Agent starts to look quite good, and dont complain about that you cant solo on your own, Funcom focuses, and correctly so, on TEAM play.
    Just on your last sentence.. and which team would want an agent if he can't do anything any other prof can do? We used to be wanted in teams to go MA and crit-buff or go MP and provide heal-pet - both is taken away..
    It's hard for an agent to get into a team anyway, this patch will *NOT* make it easier.... but in addition to that even our chance to solo 40 - 50% Missions is taken away.. Thanks a lot.

Post hubba hubba

(´bout time i got a pieces of these forums... i guess)

I think alot of agents will survive after patch 14.2, as always alot of you are over reacting (you know you are). And besides, you can always (well not always) sneak your way trough ql.. any ql missions you can get to get your stuff, instead of blasting trough missions like the rest of us poor mofo´s. (sneaking mission being ONLY available to agents, far as i know).

And think about the sneaking + FP crat... = calm, for instance.

If you still want dont want to blast your way trough missions (now in what agent movie do agents blast (and i really mean blast) there way through missions, fine go ahead, but dont complain. you have the ability to sneak.. SNEAK DAMNIT.

this is NOT the end of the world for you.

never played an agent BTW. played alot with agents though... not that you care.

/// halofire. Nacho from hell.

Thumbs down Come one people

Grip grip grip.

At least the agents are getting looked at. The doctors are not even on the list.

I would love to be able to solo at least a green, at this point most greys are not possible.

If I recall correctly...

...and dont complain about that you cant solo on your own, Funcom focuses, and correctly so, on TEAM play.
    one of the main selling points for this game was the fact that you'ld be able to solo all the way up to 200.
    This as a reaction to other MMORPG's forcing players to depend on finding teams.

And besides, you can always (well not always) sneak your way trough ql.. any ql missions you can get to get your stuff, instead of blasting trough missions like the rest of us poor mofo´s. (sneaking mission being ONLY available to agents, far as i know)
    1. Sneaking does not result in any xp reward. No token either as a result of that.
    Hence we gotta team until we lvl high enough to use Ruse 1, FP ADV and PoG.
    After that we can, of course, be the richest n00bs in the game if we want.

2. Sneaking is, at best, unpredictable... at any ql mission. You're jsut as likely to be spotted in a 25% mission as in a 100% mission, making it a far less certain source of income than mowing through them with guns blazing.
    And, besides... lockpicking and picking up item breaks conceal as it is now, so no chest loot, and insta death upon getting your item in a high ql sneak mission.

Never played an agent... then ask around. We'll tell you what it's like.
    Last edited by Hitokage; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 15:51:21.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Re: Other professions?

Originally posted by Jeremiah

However when are the ADV and ENG going to get fixed? ADV have been on the list for a while... and ENG well, suck, to a large extent atm. Kamakarzi Bot promised... but still no show... can we pllllleeeasssseeeeeeee have some fix to us.

Screwz

engy's are fine for the time being. Fix Fixers and Adventurers first. Engy are just pissed about the whole OE thing. no more slayer at lvl 100. ( this from someone who hates waiting for the engy of the group to get Wrangle/Mochams all the time, but i do love the slayer droids when they are on my team.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by Turin

Agents. Your gimped, but not as bad as others. Your not supposed to be the tank, and your not supposed to be the huge dmg dealer. You shouldnt have as many HP as a enforcer, or deal the damage of a soldier. period. Anyone who thinks you should, your screwed in the head. Go talk to a Fixer if you wanna see a gimp. At least you got SOME love this patch. Whens the last time Fixers, or Docs got love of any kind? They fixed epsilon purge this patch. whoopie. about 2% of the docs on the entire planet can cast it.
    Agents are snipers. That's half the reason I picked the class. The other half being the ability to infiltrate and do sneaky destructive things (Where's our Explosives for planting bombs?) Sniper Rifles should do huge damage. Have you ever seen a sniper round compared to a normal round? Comparatively speaking, other games with snipers are known for the huge amounts of damage 1 shot will take. And a well placed head shot is 99% of the time, an instant kill. Why is this game the exception? Good snipers are feared in every game except this one, where we do less damage at the max range, than a Shotgun (which is a great "close combat" gun, but after a short distance, will loose alot of potency) weilding doc(not to pick on any docs... I love you all) with a ELLTS and Yak scope.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Smile

With 14.2 team wrangles will possibly become more usable...

When are they going to do something for NTs? Are they not even on the fix list?

three things:

1> mobs need to be made less difficult? How so? I con "yellow" to myself, as do you. Do you think that fighting yourself should be easy? If you run into somebody that reads "dark orange" to you in a PvP area that you're going to have an easy time of things? No. Should it be difficult to kill bad guys that are "lime green?" Sure it should. You should have an advantage, but that's it. The only sure-fired "ima kill that thing no problem" should be stuff that cons "grey" to you. If some of these changes make it a little more difficult, fine.

2> As I've commented elsewhere on this board (under "neutral effects") why have people able to switch to neutral? If the argument is "it makes sense in-game for agents to infiltrate as neutrals" then I would like to point out that it would make sense for Neutral guards to actively defend neutral characters. Or for neutrals to be able to purchase non-combat goods from Omni or Clan stores. Or for neutrals to be able to initiate PvP. Agents would like to be able to infiltrate the opposite side? Great. Let them. And let them keep their merit boards. Let them critbuff. Give them a ql10 nano that makes their rifle shots do 50million damage. I don't care.

3> if the only way you know how to effectively play a lvl130 character is to have MP healer pets, you may want to consider playing a lvl130 MP. Funcom will know that the Agents are truely ineffectual when people stop playing them. For a very long time, MAs and Agents constituted over 1/2 of the population of rubi-ka (I don't know where those numbers stand right now, though). For this, among other reasons, help has been slow to come to them. Here's the reasoning: If everybody likes playing those classes, their problems must not be that bad. This may not be sound reasoning, but it is lurking there in the back of everybody's mind (with the possible exceptions of the players who are running MAs and Agents).
    --
    Brownicrat
    Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat RK1
    Veteran, The Independant Rubikans

Lightbulb Just My Opinion (flame me as needed)

(Sorry for the Book)

Many Seem to Flame this Patch, Others seem to Enjoy it, Me .. I'm mixed on my Feelings. Personally i play a Nuetral Agent, always had the mind of Mercenary, gun for hire type.. I don't have a problem so to speak with an Agent becoming nuetral, nor switching sides.. i do however think it should be timed.. just like any nano.. Say an Hour.. Make it class'd as an unfriendly nano like the FP's etc. so it can't be terminated.. and then.. have at .. personally i do like the idea of switching, it fits Perfectly in mind with my character. but not as a permanent change.

As far as a lot of other non-Agent players flaming the Agents whining .. take an agent get to say lev 120ish, and then re-assess your evaluation. I'm OE'd, I use Pets, (granted not to the extent as some) I use Crit buff's. and anything else i find myself needing. for 2 reason...

FIRST: We Can
    SECOND: We Have Too

Many non-Agents are thinking by now i'm Biased.. but i've played about every character in the game to some extent or other, and i have to say .. the agent (short of the fixer which btw is my fav class.. maybe because they suck so hard [Side Note: Personally one of the Best class' i've got is my Adven, trust me, its all about planning your char.]) is a HARD class to play. Yes, we don't do the damage, Yes, we don't have hitpoints, and although that may be the intention of Funcom, its rightly so. but we should get an Aimed Shot worth a $#!^. in the early-mid levels the aimed shot is actually pretty nice especially with the crit buff' but at the upper levels.. it isn't worth a darn. (maybe they cut the aimed shots effectiveness because of what they saw back when, at the mid lev's)
    We are stealthy Assassins, meant to invade an area by not Force but by stealth, kill the individual and extract himself the same way. We are not Soldiers or enforcers that take a beating, if everything would be right we should never be shot AT! who needs HP then.. but enuf on that we know the way it is.

The Pets.. Its possible to live solo with-out the Pets.. does it make it likely .. No. but it can be done, mainly with a bit of luck. The attack pets.. i couldn't care less if they take away the attack pets, but w/o the ability to heal easily (casting time to slow on FP, and Assume) you need that heal pet.. At least the class' that can't heal to some extent have a pet, or mass HP. but we will still have a pet most will say.. well what good will it do, when it isn't enough to keep you alive, and the attack pet is uselessly grey. but again i've never been a pet lover, some times you just have to use what works, or at least what keeps you alive.

Well as for Giving us a few trinkets to play with.. kewl the nano's might be a nice addition but if the rarity is to high it will be a royal screwing. a stackable damage buff.. possibility of improvement (and my thinking is, if they also gave one to remove aggro it might actually be decent, but that might be too much of an assumption) Crit line.. sure save myself some hassle of waiting for MA to expire, and the ability to cast Agent only in FP/Assume/Mimic, ok thats nice.. hate it when my agent buff's wear out with 15mins left or so cuz i forgot to rebuff myself before Assuming. The hologram now could be awesome depending on what they did.. if it makes a fake image of you and pulls aggro/adds (sorry mind started thinking of all the possibilities) then hell i'd be one happy Agent!

i've heard many say it.. Introduce some better rifles, and PLEASE let them have more then 5-8 rnd clips!!!!
    make conceal a little more reliable, and make Aimed Shot better at higher levels
    The ability to effectively cast heals and you can take the MP pets.
    and really that would make the Agent decent. its not alot really.

Again Just my opinion, hope it works out, but some how i think we'll have to wait and entertain ourselves with the flaming.

FUNCOM READ

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SO MANY UNHAPPY PEOPLE. WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG FUNCOM?

WHY SO MANY UNHAPPY PEOPLE?

(I bet you all laughing at how you made so many people upset)

So many unhappy people because 14.2 is one huge stinking pile of Nerf after Nerf for every single player in the game.

Anything added is a simple token gesture put in as a poor smokescreen for Nerfing the hell out of the playerbase. The fact that every player above 110 or so is bored out of their skulls has them trying to take the easy route of keeping players from getting to the level where content and Story matter.

No Story, no new dungeons, no new playfields, no new mission types, no new monsters, nothing added that isn't a Nerf. This patch is way worse than 12.6

They add a couple dozen Nerfs across the board and add maybe 1 thing that has people excited about it.

On second thought, I can't think of one thing off the top of my head that makes the majority of the playerbase happy.

This patch announcement was a disaster from the get go. At least with 14.0 they could hide the majority of the Nerfs with the admittedly highly anticipated return of Team Missions. Nothing good in this patch to offset the incredible quantity of Nerfs.

Everybody likes a little sugar with their medicine. This patch is nothing but foul tasting cough syrup.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast