Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Re: Other Changes

Originally posted by Saille
    Oh, the other changes in the upcoming patch look great. So, I am a little unhappy that I had to post something so condemning in my previous post. Thought I'd better say that, . Many good changes. One really awful change.
    My only argument for the side change (and I do sympathize, it does really degrade the dedication it took to be neutral) is that Agents are, well, agents.. working for Omni-tek (or Clan), infiltrating Clans (or Omni). It makes sense, but it is one of the bones thrown to agents.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Angry ... ok... wtf about traders?

With the introduction of 14.2, traders will loose a massive amount of income... fine, great, wonderful, we have been over this But there is one thing that's missing.

As of the 14.2 patch AC drains and skill drains were suppose to have an effect on the attacking power and the AC of mobs. AC drains (Very rarely used) were supose to allow you to hit the mob harder, skill drains were suppose to make the mobs weaker in their physical attacking abilities... I see absolutely nothing in the patch notes mentioning this.

To add to this, they added a before unmentioned change in MA crit buffs and low light scopes... "Oh! btw you're doing too much dmg with that premium ultra-light missle raid pistol of yours, we want to stick it in your @$$ a little deeper if you don't mind."

This was supose to be our reward for letting our income go right down the drain. 'Supose to make us desirible in groups when everyone can cast their best pets with only mochams...

Not to mention the fact that there was talk of increasing the length of wranglers so they could be of some minor, miniscule use to groups even though they take Far too much ncu to be a reasonable battle buff.

Now, as I've read these plans for the holocaust on uber players and the helpfull removal of all the dying penatlies for whining n00B's, I'm wondering why is it that when people can stack the odds in their favor after being in the worst of positions to begin with, that they then have to pay the pauper?

Funcom making Rubi-ka a little more balanced... now we are all screwed... unless of course you just started playing and have nothing invested.

lvl 113 Trader Draracma (invested in AC drains...)
    Last edited by Draracma; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 03:51:29.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Akuna
    [B]You agents really should wait to see these changes in game before you start cry'n about them. I have an agent and I dont know about you but I'd much rather not have the heal pet to deal with. As it is now our damage kinda sucks so fights last a while and the heal pet is needed to keep us alive. This patch is adding damage buffs that stack with the current ones and crit buffs on top of that. Until the patch is live we won't know how good they are but it sounds like the fights are going to get alot shorter which means we won't really need the heal pet unless we pick up an add or something which could be why they are leaving the lower level pets in ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Let me see in a 50% mission,an 182 lovemaker at level 102,and Sanoo who is green to me,Sanoo prob healed me for 1300+ hit points in a fight,,+my own treatment,,and still was down in health by end,,Now take away pet,,,take away OE weapon(which will still be able to use fully after 14.2) and add some lame damage booster that may give a few points more damage per hit,,not a good tradeoff,,,It is hard for me to solo 50% with a heal pet and a big gun as a 100+agent,,,now you take good heal pets from higher level agents 125 and up,most are screwed. Most agents I know solo as an mp with a heal pet,,without them 50% is tough. And as a footnote last few missions i was asked to join were for two reasons,,MP masteries and to put a heal pet on the Tank,,,so good bye pet,,another reason not to ask an agent to team. Self only crit buffs and an aggression diverter from self are not going to make us real popular in teams. Just what I would want someone getting aggroed and he diverts it away from himself and it attacks me and I lose 1.2 mil xp,, yeah ,,real popular,,,,,,,,,, will give it a try but from what I see this may be more of a nerf than a help. Some of my opinion is reserved to see how damn impossible these new nanos are to get,,,,,,do not see many fixers in grid armor do you?
    Last edited by Dienst; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 05:08:26.

Re: ... ok... wtf about traders?

Originally posted by Draracma
    With the introduction of 14.2
    I don't know about other people, but I love teaming with Traders. Mostly good damage, sufficient hitpoints, buffs, calms, support heals, roots...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Angry Looks like MA"s get screwed out of teams....

Well with those Crit buffs becoming Self only, and having to do all this un-neccary work to get the other crit buffs(Team mission quite frankly suck, bosses have to much hp, hit to hard, and got way to much ac. Fought a team mission boss earlier, dropped me in 6 hits and i could only hit it for 80 dmg and 500 crits). Does anyone else feel this is gonna screw ma's in teams? From what I have seen I only get in teams with my lv 110 MA because i have VS. I think they should leave the damn MA crit buffs alone as they are... they just fixed ma's and now their gonna start screwing them up again like they did last time...
    "Time flows like a river... and History repeats"

IMO the onyl way agents will be fixed, it to make body dev Light Blue(like a Trader) and the evades as well, only reason a agent can't solo is due to lack of hp's

Re: Re: ... ok... wtf about traders?

Originally posted by Vrach

I don't know about other people, but I love teaming with Traders. Mostly good damage, sufficient hitpoints, buffs, calms, support heals, roots...
    Mostly good dmg = OE shotguns are only good with a decent crit buff, those are gone.

Sufficient hitpoints ... compared to? "Sufficient" for what? Who would you rather have, an atrox who can do consistant dmg (shotguns do not) to hold aggro... or someone who occasionally does a crit with his gun comparable to an NT nano? Hitpoints are only valid when you are tanking. Traders do not do that well. They can't hold aggro reliably, have fewer hitpoints than others that are build for the job; hence, it does not matter.

buffs... ok QU is usefull if you have 43 ncu to spare, but it's a QL 139 nano, at that level and above people do not find Ncu consistantly they jump around or settle for poor ncu. The only other buffs are dmg, trade skills or wranglers... wranglers suck now and No Trader Wastes the IP To Get Fine Tuning. Other than that is trade skills... if you have ever tried trade skills you should be laughing by now.

Calms... Nt's tend to have a much faster nano init meaning they can calm faster than traders. And the mother of all calm'er : Crats... area effect calms and a pet... who would you rather have?

"support heals" ... I guess, if you were not using drains to cast higher level heals, this is true. If not... then generally traders heal even better than doc's when you factor in the averages, cast times, and nano cost.... But only if they are already up. If you consider the recharge on skill drains is 6 seconds and you have to use multiple ones to get up to better heals it takes too long to get them when you need them. They are not reliable heals; in other words, "support heals," meaning not good enough to do the job alone.

finally we come to roots... they never were usefull after the nerf in the beta to prevent root and shoot. They still are not usefull.

We can manage, sure... but we should be given the debuffs that are rightfully ours. They work correctly in PVP, they do not in PVM. They prevent higher nanos from being used, sure, they do not reduce the minium dmg and critical chance as they should though. The AC drain only raises our AC in PVM combat, it does not increase the dmg done by players to mobs being "debuffed". Currently, AC drains are very poor, short lasting buffs.

Originally posted by Scythe
    IMO the onyl way agents will be fixed, it to make body dev Light Blue(like a Trader) and the evades as well, only reason a agent can't solo is due to lack of hp's
    Trader body dev. and evades are only blue, not light blue.

How disappointing - and how predictable.

Oh yes, that's right, we have somthing SPECIAL in store for you agents in 14.2 - just you wait, nudge nudge, wink wink.

I see a few goofy novelties which are supposed to counter tangible harm to the profession. The changes seem designed not for actual use by the people who need to use them to play, but for the amusement and satisfaction of the people implementing them.

Once again you have indicated an apparent lack of awareness about your own designs. Once I started getting serious about false professions, I thought: "Oh, NOW i get it - they've set it all up so that we NEED to use heal pets to survive and get crit buffs from our MA friends - pretty clever!"

Cue the inevitable response:

"Hey wait just a minute! What are you doing?? That's not what we had in mind at all, you'd better cut that out right now, mister."

For once could you guys pretend that you intended for something to work the way it actually does work?
    Last edited by Vacuos; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 07:22:47.

Question Agent and MA changes!

I don't understand all your whining.

This Patch also contains the OE issue so that means that they will adjust the MOB difficulty and even the new Nanos of the Agent/MA to make it easier for you.

From my point of view they also fix the uber ithacas which makes docs so powerfull in PvP.

None of you or even most haven't seen a single crystal/tool for the Agent or one of the new MA "critbuff" so far.

So about what excatly are you flaming about????

- BettyBlue : RK1

P.S.: And i have the fealing that some of you would like a cheaters shop with all items in all QL. Why you just don't take the challenge and kill that boss mob to get your new stuff!!!!
    Last edited by Wallece; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 08:09:09.

Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by StevenNox

This Patch also contains the OE issue so that means that they will adjust the MOB difficulty and even the new Nanos of the Agent/MA to make it easier for you.

From my point of view they also fix the uber ithacas which makes docs so powerfull in PvP.

None of you or even most haven't seen a single crystal/tool for the Agent or one of the new MA "critbuff" so far.

P.S.: And i have the fealing that some of you would like a cheaters shop with all items in all QL. Why you just don't take the challenge and kill that boss mob to get your new stuff!!!!
    Have you played an Agent?
    Im guessing no.

Re: Agent and MA changes!

Originally posted by StevenNox

- They are NOT tuning down mobs. How many times to we have to repeat that? Where in these patch notes does it say downtuning of mobs? It dont! Let me quote gautes article:

We are going to go through the monsters and evaluate a reduction of hit-points for the most extreme monsters. (That is, a Level 180 Offal Larva has 10 times the amount of HPs that a normal monster has on that level.) Basically, we are going to make the variation smaller; thus the average is somewhat reduced. What I will not do is to reduce the normal monster hit-points at this time. This is not the same as saying that we'll NEVER do it - just that I would like to watch the impact of the current changes first. I am afraid of doing too many changes at the same time, and what the synergy of them might be.
    Oh gee the Offal larva gets less HP, when was the last time you fought one of those?

Reduced AC on humanoid monsters with 60%. (13.8)
    So all the downtuning has already happened in 13.8. I guess all you who still dont realize this are up for a rude awakening on the patch day.

- Yes we havent seen the new agent nanos and we wont see them either before we have payed someone 300mill for it, because it drops from boss mobs in team missions, knowing FC it will be extremely rare too. They take away our ability to cast MA crit buffs, and do not give us an obtainable replacement. Outrageous, this is a huge nerf for those who cant get it. Since they take away our current they should at least make the new ones easily available because we are totally dependant upon them to do damage at all, take a look at this weapon and try figure out why:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=157661

- They take away all pets from vivificator and up. So basically the agent is supposed to be able to solo from 105 to 161 with restite. No agent can cast mimic before about lvl 160+, and that is the only other way for agents to heal. Assume line is still useless for healing. Soloing will be impossible from 140-160 now. Personally I dont really care I'm past that stage anyways, but I understand those who arent.

- Ithacas arent really what makes docs uber, thats the heals and slows mostly. They can still use home defenders and dots or whatever, but guess what? Since they nerfed crits the heals will be even MORE efficient.

Exclamation adjust the mob difficulty???

WE are hoping THEY do this.

however THEY never told US they would.

they said they would look at the ac human mobs had and tune that down and they did.

they said "as of this time we have no further intention of adjusting the mobs".

please enlighten me where did they say they are going to adjust the mobs?

do not get me wrong, i think the oe change is good (**** i do not use anything i cannot self equip except a weapon on my doc alt because i wasted ip on nanoprogramming) .....

IF THEY TUNE DOWN THE MOBS!!!!!

however i have so far nothing but wishfull thinking from my part that they are doing the logical thing and tune down the mobs as well.

Originally posted by Chazmyr
    This aint ment to be a Rant or anything, BUT.

It was my impression, that this patch would only concern OE/Ip Reset, and that was the reason why Adventureres would have to wait with the "love" from Funcom.
    But reading all these changes made to Agents, giving them new spell lines, letting them use both Agent/Special class spells, switching sides and all it seems to be a bit wierd there could not be SOME form of help for adventurers, anything, just a bit to make us want to take them out of retirement again.

But there is NOTHING, only Agent, and the MA which have already received ALOT of help gains anything from this.

Granted both MA and Agent needed and deserved these changes, but i can't help feeling a bit..overlooked.

Heck in NO place in the entire patch notes, you even mention adventurers.
    Not at all.

Oh well, maybe it became a Rant.
    This aint the best thing i have ever written, but i just needed to get it out, i have a lvl 111 Adventurer and i SUCK.

Got lvl 100-150 Implants, got ql120 Omni-Pol Elite Assault armor, 2 ql140 Riders and i have truble beating green mobs.

I have to cast heal 2-3 times in a fight against a green, i loose against 3 grey mobs....
    If i try a yellow or Orange i loose.

For all you Agents out there, GRATS this was some needed stuff you finaly got, enjoy it.

"The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled......

Was To Convince The World He Didnt Exist..."

C.F.H

111 Adventurer (Retired until...)
    85 Meta (Still working)
    28 Soldier (FRY RODENT FRY)
    27 Adventurer (Whats this, a gun ?)
    24 Enforcer (Big Hammer)
    Your adventurer does suck: at lvl 100 mine had Ql165 elite/primus coat/QL180 novaflow/QL150 implants and prolly the best heal I could.

At 102 i had my 1k token board...can't afford to twink - solo...can't solo cause u suck - well sucks you picked the wrong way to play your char

IMO adventurers are fine. The only thing i dont like is they "should
    " use pistols or 1h edged...adventurers are like solitus...not the best at everything but good at a lot: they should just get all light blue weapons skills

Re: mmm....

Originally posted by synchronic
    I guess what I don't understand is why agents are so upset about losing "their" pets. They sound like MP's. Hm. I think what Funcom is doing... and rightly... is making the agent more dependent on his agenty stuff. This cannot be but a good thing. You will find a better way to play. Didn't you become an agent to sneak around, snipe people off, gather info from the other side? I know I did. And I know I stopped playing an Agent when I found I couldn't do those things... Now, I'm gonna bring her back. If you didn't choose an agent for these things (or other agenty stuff that I haven't mentioned) then I'd say you chose the wrong profession. If I wanted to be dependent on pets, I'd have chosen a pet class. If it so happens that this game still isn't realistic for agents, or worse because of the taking away of the high level pets, funcom will certainly hear about it (agents are some of the more vocal players) people will quit, and eventually, they'll get around to fixing it once again. Hopefully, it won't come to this.

All in all I'm excited to see the changes.

good things are happening in Rubi-Ka

Synchronic
    Agents are gimped on soloing. My solution: I made a soldier and adventurer for when i can't get groups and want to solo, my agent is a team player.

IMO it is crap they are taking away my ability. Agents should be able to use ALL pets, ALL nanos if they have the reqs to do it. That is why their own nanos suck so much.

IMO if they don't want us using pets they should take the nano init penalty off the fp/assume/mimic line, or make it practical so i can go doctor and heal in mimic (heal better than MP pet is impossible ...)

Ah cool

Why dont you give the agents the ability to change their names while you r at it. U r boosting an already ruling proff to heaven now. With agents just the concealment was a problem. But that crit thing?? Get real a lvl 90 agent could do 8k dmg without a crit buff every 10 hits. And repressor?? Well if you do high dmg you take the aggro thats as easy as this this item sound more like a cheat..wont comment much on this. There r so many proffs to improve. And dont give me the famous quete ' Dont be destructive be constructive, why do you want proff to be gimped? Instead boost all prooffs' crap. This is getting out of hand already next time we ll see an agent disguising as the monster and can not be attacked by the mob...Well give adventurers the power to rule the nature,trees and stuff, give the fixer the ability to ruin all others Ncus and removing any hostile programs then (masters of Comp?) Flame on.

sorry for the typos
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy

Too bad you won't have the Fixer board to steal your ideas from much longer FC - we're all gonna be playing alts if we don't quit AO after this "nerf Fixers all to he11" patch.
    Will you fixers stop foaming at the mouth already?...

You think you are the only ones to think up the idea of switching sides?

Hell, us agents have been asking for this ability since beta!

Let's say you guys did think of it first, that doesn't change anything. This ability fits with the agent a hell of a lot better than it would with a fixer.

Re: The worst AGENT NERF ever !!!!

Originally posted by doomgod
    Hello Funcom - WAKE UP!

This new patch is the WORST POSSIBLE AGENT NERF EVER - the agent as it is now is basicly a PET CLASS, we are NO TANKS - we are NO DAMAGE DEALERS, we are NO DAMAGE takers - WE ARE A PET CLASS!!!!

I played Agent because i wanted a powerfull class (and only pet classes are powerfull beyond 150+) with the ability to sneak (so i can get the items i need); the choice was simple: Agent

I build a nano breed agent with low hps and no evades and from lvl1 i have been playing basicly a MP with maxed concealment. (after the Aimed Shot nerf i dont even touch AS any longer...total useless now....LOOK INTO THIS but do NOT TAKE AWAY our pets - i am now ~lvl 120 with my agent and casting vivificator/transcendent frenzy with mohams on - with QL200 implants in it - QL200 stigma on (damage output from gun sux big time btw; agent guns are all a "medicore" guns at best - yes i have a ranee too - crits big, but when i crit i get aggro and then i am dead within 5 seconds >>> thats why i need a DEMON badly !!!

DO NOT TAKE AWAY OUR PETS !!!
    There is NOTHING in the game to compensate that - NOTHING.
    All the nifty toys you created are fine and funny - alas totaly useless in terms of playing style - LET THE AGENT KEEP HIS PETS!

...and you know there are so many good MMORPG out there...why would you want to anger your paying customers (maybe ppl like me who are playing since release..)?
    There is no gain in it for Funcom to nerf a whole class that HARD - would you take away the slayerdroids from engi and give them "BURST" as a green skill instead and expect that to be a fair deal?

FUNCOM WAKE UP - this change is NOT good for your business.....
    You are just freaking out because you chose nanomage and built your character around using MP pets

Getting rid of MP pets is a good thing. I never liked being a gimped MP. I didn't make an agent to be a second class pet user.

Re: Ah cool

Edit: (Comment deleted.. .not worth the hassle)
    Last edited by Hitokage; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 11:09:40.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

"Your adventurer does suck: at lvl 100 mine had Ql165 elite/primus coat/QL180 novaflow/QL150 implants and prolly the best heal I could.

At 102 i had my 1k token board...can't afford to twink - solo...can't solo cause u suck - well sucks you picked the wrong way to play your char

IMO adventurers are fine. The only thing i dont like is they "should
    " use pistols or 1h edged...adventurers are like solitus...not the best at everything but good at a lot: they should just get all light blue weapons skills"

Can you spell OVEREQUIPPING ??

I try to use items i can selfequip only.

So far, only my Implants have a few i cannot selfequip.

I have full Ql200 Omni-Pol elite in bank, and ql200 Riders in bank as well, used ql180 up until last week.

Now i only have a 285 Token board, but money aint a big issue from me, since i have alot of sales on Shopping channel.

Now after the next patch that fixes OE, lets see what you say, with your supertwinked char.

Until them, try playing a char that don't need 10 people to wear his eq.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast