Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Re: Here we go=D

Originally posted by Necessity
    And so the army of shotgun ma twinks begins.

I've got mine
    MAs got worst shotgun skill of all professions, dont think you'll be able to use very high QL shotgun with the OE part in effect.

I don't want to complain, as i really like what I see in the way of changes, but what about out healing or calm or better stun so we can solo missions?

The above changes do not really increase our effectiveness to solo missions, as in, we don't have emergency heals like just about every other class does, or the ability to heal if we root a mob in the under room (Can't sit and heal under aggro) This still makes it very difficult for us to solo, especially since I can't cast a demon anymore.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Msag - very well spoken - this is exactly what I think, but you worded it better.

One question - I never even considered Mimic, cuz the Nano-Penalty is so bad.. can you kindly explain how it can help to survive? I might reconsider.. oh you can PM me about it too, it might not be of interest to the rest here .

On Crit Buffs

This has me worried a lot because of several reasons.
    Let me list them one by one:

1) Right now - in PvP - MAs are kinda uber *as is*. With worse crit buffs for other profs this will get even more imbalanced.
    In addition to OE-nerf the ruling classes in PvP will be traders, MAs and maybe Docs (unless the Doc has to go against a trader). You call this balanced? I sure don't.
    I don't PvP much.. so I guess I could care less, but here comes
    2) Without a good crit buff it will take even longer to kill mobs - this will make hunting and missioning even more dull than it is right now.
    3) I assume that the *new* MA Critbuffs will be *real* MAs only and not castable by agents in FP (as are most new nanos).
    *If* this assumption is correct, we'll be even less needed/wanted in teams than right now. I assume further that even *with* our self-only new buffs we won't be able to deal the damage that a soldier and/or enforcer can. Right now we mostly get invited to groups to assume FP MA and do the crit-buff - with this gone - who is going to want us?

The new switching side ability will be pretty much useless except for lower level agents.

The reason is that "There is also a skill lock on the swap, just as with the normal side change application forms". Meaning, once the agent switches sides, he will be stuck under the new side for weeks, unless he is low level.

The team concealment buffs will be totally useless. "Hey, everybody, want to spend 40 ncu space so I can give you all this +200 concealment buff?"

Team: "Are you kidding? NO!"

The new agent crit buffs will be rare like nullity sphere and grid armor, and cost about 200 million credits, so very few agents will have them.

The new agent damage buffs will suck (all damage buffs in the game suck), >and< they will be super rare and expensive to buy.

"We have introduced hologram items for use by Agents. If they can find any..."

Well, who knows what the heck that means. Apparently there will be some super rare item which will do some unknown thing.

Most of these agents changes are either useless or negative. The invisibility due to concealment change could be a nice one, at least for those who PVP. Invisible agent sneaks up on you, hits you with an aimed shot... then runs like hell cause he's attacking with a crappy rifle.

The patch notes say the the current crit buffs will be self cast only and that MAs are getting a line of crit buffs to cast on others, which will be a reduced crit buff compared to the current line.

It's nice that agents will have a couple more crit buffs... hopefully higher than the 4 that TTS gives, and hopefully it will be stackable with TTS and the MA crit buffs.

Yes, this will make a higher level game much more difficult if the mobs retain thier current hit point values.

HPs of the mobs should need to be addressed with this patch.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

Spacegipsy, at 161 we can afford to max nano init and we can put in a QL 200 recompiler. This gives us about 1020nano init depending on our abilities. So with the 750 init penalty from from mimic thats leaves us at 270nano init, this is enough to cast some of the other professions nanos (heals in particular) fast enough to survive at least to some extent, for instance MA heals which have 2sec cast time are about instacast with 270 nano init. My nano skills are around 560-620 when using mimic tho so I cant cast the top nanos, at least not without wrangle or MP buffs.

Talking Coffee makes me poo...

HAHAHA!!! It's so obvious that you at FC do NOT want ppl to level faster than your lameass story develops. No more crit-buffing your team = less damage = harder to kill mobs = higher chance of dying. If you're dead and sitting infront of reclaim (which has been increased to 75sec I might add) you aren't out levelling.

Crit-buffing your team is FUN! Having your skills nerfed is NOT FUN! Get it?! (Repeat if necessary.)

"Oh, we did not intend to allow players to...blah...blah...blah..." shut up with your petty excuses when you really just want to slow ppl down.

Face it. Your story sux, nobody cares, get over it. Just let ppl have fun!

P.S. And to the anti-OE ppl. Why should I suffer due to your lack of planning?! OE or Die!

Hehe... That's all BS btw, I'm just joshin' 8-|

Sincerely,

The playing customer

Re: On Crit Buffs

Originally posted by Spacegipsy

1) Right now - in PvP - MAs are kinda uber *as is*.
    Are you serious?

we as far as

shotgun mas go

i can easily where a 200 raid pistol (has a .5 attack time and a 850 crit)
    cast uvc
    cast my best heal
    cast my best ac
    max all needed skills

and guess what i can get to 709 multi wield
    which will allow me to get to a 140 or so in my of hand

Funcom needs to really do something for the ma soon

Re: Re: On Crit Buffs

Originally posted by cson

Are you serious?
    Yeah...well it's probably my fault, I think I killed some guy with my uber ql 125 BOP the other day.

Wheempz, the guy took huge amount of damage (57 points total) and drop dead.

And now they are complianing about how uber MA are in PvP....all my fault, sorry.

Re: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Profession Changes:

*The Agent now has the ability to swap sides without losing tokens. This is done using an "undercover" kit. Note: Although you keep your tokens (and can even swap to neutral!) you cannot keep wearing your Merit Board. You can put it back on when swapping back. There is also a skill lock on the swap, just as with the normal side change application forms.
    So a fixer only gets his runbuff and area burst that is utterly useless ?

I think now nothing is left for fixers, all ideas already used up for other professions.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

OK, so long traders, agents are up the PvP ladder again in 14.2.
    Concelament + crit buffs will be HUGE addition and the ability to combine prof X + agent nanos is also a HUGE boost.

Way to go FC!
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

hrmmmm

Well.

MA crit buffs NEED to be self only, i don't like it but PVP will never be anything other than 3-crits-dead with out this change.
    Mind you, im not going NEAR 25% again till i get a root symbiograft just so i can have a chance to escape the MAs.

For all the agents, um, i know you guys have it rough and all but:
    You don't get anyone else's pets, why should you get mine? Want belamorte and a demon? Play a MP. I do agree that unless you guys are doing a LOT more damage, I don't see you getting into BS teams as easily. Frankly, we only go LOOKING for an agent when we cant find a MA.

I'm starting my MA twink tonight. I thought that my trox-beam- maxed_implant-NT was gonna be my pvp twink. Not anymore. I'm going ithaca MA.

I agree. I really don't mind the Pet changes. The lower levels still get pets, and us higher levels get to Mimic and still cast the good Agent nanos.

You are right... If I wanted to play a pet class... I wouldn't have played an agent. I have been screaming this forever. I picked an agent to play an agent.

These changes will make Agents formidable oppenents in PVP finally, and be somewhat more wanted in a team, but I do not see how any of these changes help out our solo game, although I quess we wait and see. I suppose If I can mimic and cast a restite, and then mimic 20 minutes later into a soldier to cast MK Shield... Hmmm.... I like the thought of that :-)
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

LOL Take away an arm and give us a Big Toe to replace it with, thanks alot Funcom.

Whine whine whine..

MA's are not uber nor will they become uber through the crit buff change.

Nerf the hell out of traders if you want to pick a class to whine about.
    Xiderpunk - 173 Martial Artist
    Xidder - 147 Crat

Apocalypse

Wink

Bah, with all the trend towards removing crits, I'm sure we'll see something like the base chance for criticals reduced, or another overall crit buff reduction.

Shotgun MA?
    Try out that green ranged skill, bow. Then you could actually remove it and use fists when you want.

There is a great pure bow out there, mission reward only.

200:1-580(200) 2.5/2.5 Clip:20 Range:18 BowSkill: 986 (little high)

Lots of Ranged init (900?) becomes 1.0/2.5

I'd go for a TIM scope on one myself.

Change to fire/poison/chemical damage at will.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 19:30:12.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: hrmmmm

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    I'm starting my MA twink tonight. I thought that my trox-beam- maxed_implant-NT was gonna be my pvp twink. Not anymore. I'm going ithaca MA.
    have fun raising 3 dark blue skills
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Re: Re: 14.2 - Profession Changes

Originally posted by Luthcian

----------------------------
    quote:

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Profession Changes:

*The Agent now has the ability to swap sides without losing tokens. This is done using an "undercover" kit. Note: Although you keep your tokens (and can even swap to neutral!) you cannot keep wearing your Merit Board. You can put it back on when swapping back. There is also a skill lock on the swap, just as with the normal side change application forms.
    ---------------------------

This idea was brought to you by "The Fixer-Board"(TM)

Stealing Ideas from other professions must get old
    Too bad you won't have the Fixer board to steal your ideas from much longer FC - we're all gonna be playing alts if we don't quit AO after this "nerf Fixers all to he11" patch.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast