Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14.2 - Over Equipping

Originally posted by Wolfe
    The Edge of the Tarasque, 1249 2he req. No one will be able to use this after OE patch, so Jim salabim promised enforcers a proper 2he buff (this buff is sorely needed since 2he enf totally suck compared to Atrox beamers anyway). This 2he buff has to be implemented or some of you nice new content will be nothing but garbage.

2he buff for enforcers or the OE patch will hurt the already weak enforcers way more than the powerful ones.

2he buff for enforcers...

Wolfe
    Lemme just say.. " i second that motion"
    and how about some freaking Edge nanos like " fireblade"
    some extra lame damage like 5 ( maybe deal firedamage)
    but most important of all..make the blade be on fire!! id love the flames for my marchmallows!!!

Originally posted by Nianna
    Good to see that there will finally be a patch to nerf those overpowered adventurers.

The overequipping changes will see to it that they don't wield a high QL weapon since they don't have any weapon buffs of their own that they can keep up full time and their weapons have some of the highest reqs of any in the game.

The critical buff changes will see to it that their pistols which can only be competitive with enormous critical hit buffs are absolutely and completely unusable in any circumstances.

Double whammie! Excellent.

Originally posted by Nianna
    Good to see that there will finally be a patch to nerf those overpowered adventurers.

The overequipping changes will see to it that they don't wield a high QL weapon since they don't have any weapon buffs of their own that they can keep up full time and their weapons have some of the highest reqs of any in the game.

The critical buff changes will see to it that their pistols which can only be competitive with enormous critical hit buffs are absolutely and completely unusable in any circumstances.

Double whammie! Excellent.
    I messed up my last entry, but either way I got something to say. I saw this post here and about crapped my pants. Im a lvl 135 adv today, probably higher tomarrow, but this post is rediculus. Over Equipped adventurers!! Where are these guys at. I bet they are dangerous. My fight is the fact that all of our weapons have high requirements compared to other weapons of the same ql, and less of an effect in any form of battle. Plus the fact we have no self buffs to help equip these just makes us worse. I use duel riders atm, and I'm good for and adv, but i suck compared to the people i team with, because they can already equip all of thier ql 200 weapons and have buffs to keep their skills up. I have a lvl 20 ma, and have had much experiance watching others play the game on soldiers and traders. And, by far, adventurers are severly gimped. At the IPR I'm switching to Nova Flows and Flash Points, what does it matter the ip requirements are about the same although my skills are harder to get for soldier weapons, because of the high requirements. This switch I'm making may make me good, but what does it matter if i need to heal fighting a trader. I don't heal I say, "Shoot, I'm debuffed. What no heal I'm dead!!" I just have to say what is our strength as a class that makes us so powerful cuz for the entire existance of thsi character, I must be missing it.

"Wasteaway"
    Level 135 Adventurer

"Catastrofic"
    Level 20 Martial Artist

Re: Re: I can't wait!

Originally posted by Templar Red

My, do I detect... jealousy? (...and just what are these 'PvP A$$holes' doing out in the deserts, anyway? Sorry... /smartass mode off)

Don't bet on it.

Wrong.

You haven't PvP'ed a whole lot, have you? At low levels, Soldiers are horribly weak at PvP. I remember a few times when I've walked out of there arena at full health, after wiping the floor with my Soldier opponant who conned dark-orange to me.

That's with no exploits & no buffs from others. No joke.

Now... Soldiers DO get extremely tough later on, with TSM. But I fail to see how the OE nerf is going to effect a Soldier's TMS in the least.

Wrong again, on both counts.

Traders will continue to wrangle, & people will continue to pay for it. 20% is a wide margin at high levels.

And people will continue to have differences in AC... & yes, some jerk out there is going to brag about it incessantly. Get over it.

Wrong, VERY wrong.

The indisputably WORST profession in PvP (Engineer) is now weaker:
    How much easier can this be?:

Root robot, kill Engie. Remeber to...
    A.) Don't stand next to the rooted robot, &
    B.) Don't shoot the rooted robot & break its root.

The (arguably) STRONGEST profession in PvP (Trader) is getting an upgrade:
    Roots+range, heals, & debuffs... THESE are most important in PvP. NOT weapons or armor... everyone has that stuff. The difference that OE-gear vs. non-OE-gear makes is secondary when compared to these four (actually, three) abilities. Take note, kiddies: Traders have got all of 'em. And now, debuffs are going to hit the weapon- & pet-dependant professions even harder.

At first level, this is impossible to do without exploiting.

These changes also effect thousands of non-exploiting players. But from the tone of this post, it seems that you're out to ruin other peoples' fun...

Never had it happen to me before. But if this is a problem for you, here's an easy solution:

Stop teaming with babies.

Now this is downright childish. Please.

Why would you EVER wish for ANY class to become unplayable?
    So that your profession becomes superior in comparison?

I suppose you're not the first poster here to cheer for 'balance', & then at the same time, applaud the fact that <insert profession here> will soon be at the bottom of the proverbial totem pole!

Your jealousy has blinded you to your own hypocrisy.

I play a Doc as well, & I too am biased.

I say these changes suck.

How many weapon buffs do Docs have, again? Let's count them...

Hm. I don't know about you, but I keep coming up with 'zero'.

You say you won't get much of a hit? Then you've either leveled to the point to where your skills (including implants) outshine any buffs available (i.e., level 100+), or you aren't playing a very strong Doc.

No matter how many people quit, there will still be rude players in ANY game. Are you so naive to think that a rules change is going to make people treat you nice?

This is your opinion, & it is NOT shared by all.

If someone is enjoying their solo-gaming experience, why on earth would you ever want to prevent this? You're suggesting FORCING a community of gamers to play the way YOU see fit. Think about that for a moment, & tell me you don't see the problem.

Please, think about what you just said for just a moment.

"certainly hope a great many ppl will get upset".

If you can in any way, help me to understand WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU to make you so jealous that you wish ill will upon other people, then please, help me out here. I've been beaten PLENTY of times in PvP zones, but I've NEVER felt as spiteful as this.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see everyone enjoy the game that they're playing.

Right now, the patient people are able to sink hours upon days, carefully building up their little red-killing uber characters, & the less patient people can form teams & mindlessly kill armies of green mobs together, night after night after night.

Where is the conflict of interests here?

And don't give me that mobs-are-tougher-because-of-twinkers line of crap.

Twinkers didn't make the mobs tougher; Funcom did.

And they did it because too many people are reaching level 200 too quickly. Plus... NO soloist is going to reach level 200 quickly, no matter how good his gear is; no matter how many reds he fights. These days, it takes me 10+ minutes to kill one red human mob by myself (red monsters are out of the question). A team of six players fighting greens non-stop would easily beat my soloist to level 200.

Lastly... everything said by that person you quoted was true, osirisx69. Try playing a Trader sometime (Jesus, here's another person who's glad to see this-or-that profession ruined. Seek counseling).

I just saw this, and have to say. I agree with everything mentioned here. And, this post was very entertaining to read. I was beginning to belive the majority here was against me, and you proved me to be on the right side.

Wasteaway, I think that poster was being sarcastic.
    Testlive addict.

Red face Why Nerf?

You say you allready fixed all the bugs that caused the OE right? So why are you nerfing EVERYONE? Love the new IP point system. Everything else sucks hardcore. Simply after the next patch, unequip ALL items that everyone is using. If you have fixed all the OE bugs they wont be able to OE the items. This will fix your problem. People that were OE'd will not be able to use their items & people that are legit can put thier items back on.

I am very bugged about the Eng pet. I have a Eng that I have worked VERY VERY VERY hard on. he is not OE but sense you keep us from being able to increase our stats Every lvl, my current pet without getting buffs is GREEN. Often I dont have very long to play so I cant team and this goes for ALOT of ao players. Therefor I solo. I dont know if you have seen but sense you have buffed the monsters, a yellow pet even buffed has a hard time killing a yellow monster, and in allmost all of the missions you have to take on 2-4 monsters at a time on.

For the gun & melee class's, most guns REALLY SUCK. I know NT are the redheaded step childs but at least they deal a steady damage, with most weapons you have a chance of dealing 1 point of damage every hit and getting your butt kicked. I am not saying you should be able to equip a QL 100 gun at lvl 1 but you need a better gun then your current lvl or what all of us have been wanting to see.......BETTER WEAPONS.

Good god I feel for the casting classes, one debuff and your going to be s.o.l.

What I would like to see, scratch this patch, love the ip change, unequip everyone so the major OE's will not be able to re-equip and start working on the problems allready in the game. Keep your paper hammer and give us a real weapon. fix packet loss. Make it to where when I trade a item I dont have to zone to be able to see it.

Some might not agree but please, all of you read the patch info before posting, I can tell by alot of these posts that you have been posting after hearing rummors instead of reading the post at--> http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/2640L

and ---> http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/2540L

PS. Would love to see yam's made tradable so i can get some cash back from my previous 2 yams that I upgraded from that are still sitting in the bank rusting.
    Last edited by Krimp; May 22nd, 2002 at 18:26:48.

Originally posted by runey
    Wasteaway, I think that poster was being sarcastic.
    Did you mean my post?

I actually wasn't being sarcastic in the least. I feel that it's ignorant to base one's opinion of OE on how hard it may hit whatever profession one happens to be playing at the moment.

And it makes no sense to wish for any profession to be broken.

Some people are just selfish, I suppose. /shrug
    Last edited by Templar Red; May 24th, 2002 at 18:25:43.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

Angry ack

This sux... The only thing i can say Agent: "may god be with you"

OE

Well, I am not going to get into the dispute over how it helps some and hurts others. I will say however, that the issue of over-equipping should have been looked at before you released the damn game. Remember when the game was released and it was all bugged and Funcom said they wouldn't start charging for the game until its 100% bug-free( a post by Funcom that mysteriously dissapeared after they went back on their promise) That was the first slap in the face. Then the promises of making certain nanos available and increasing the usefullness of other classes, etc., etc. All the while they continue to charge their customers while they work on the problems the game has. Well hopefully you will maintain a customer base large enough to support your company. I am TOTALLY unimpressed by Funcom after playing AO for nearly a year now. It's not so much the OE patch that will make me quit, it's just the final straw. All these changes are intended to make the customer spend more time trying to achieve the ultimate level 200 while Funcom continues cashing their checks. This wouldn't be a big deal if the game was at least interesting. Kill..ding...kill...ding...kill...????? On another note while I am at it, when I purchased the game it read that you can make it to the top by either soloing or teaming with others. That is the furthest thing from the truth. There is so much more I would like to add but this is just redundant. I will stop myself. Good luck Funcom, I think you will need it when Verant and Lucas Arts launch their game. Perhaps you will learn something.

OE

I agree about the OE needing to be changed .. if you can't get the weapon on using implants then you don't need it.. This does hurt the pet classes very much.. I have an engineer that can't take hits himself at all.. he has an mp buff him to be able to use a bot that is only 6lv's above him.. and without the buff the best he has is one that is his lv.. I made a very big mistake when creating my engineer.. he's an atrox.. I didn't know anything about the game when I started and so I have a few implants for boosting my intelligence.. even with this mistake I don't need buffs to be effective.. I just can't use bots stronger than myself.. they are only hurting those who use buffs to equip .. which I personally feel that is a good thing it'll help the PvP.. cause lv 30 chars with high lv MP friends are going to rip through those lv 40 chars that have played alone or with only people there lv.. It is a 20% OE before being affected .. if your more than 20% OE then you deserve to be penalized cause to me this is cheating anyway.

I agree 100% with the OE changes

All I can say is that 20% is a lot to overequip especially at the higher lvls when requirements are higher. The main people this will affect are people who twink low lvl characters by giving them millions of credits, so they can get the most uber weapons afford to pay for the most uber buffs cast on them by lvl 200 chars etc. Fact is low lvls were not meant to be this powerful, people remaking new chars should have to relive all the pains and challenges of complete newbies, except with added experience of having made a character before. It will bring back the challenge to playing low lvls in AO.

Solders get hit hard (I think this is a good thing)

ROFLMAO

ummm, no?

bring it on. I can self buff into a weapon 50 plus levels higher than me. my armor is all NON oe and most is 25 or 30 lvls above me (ac seems not to matter so who cares)

I am not oe, and i am a 110 soldier

sgt

Lol about advys being nerfed

Look, If Advys get nerfed anymore they will be completely useless
    My Enforcer at level4 could do damage comparable to my level 9 advy, Good advy pistols are hard to get hold of(at ur QL so u almost always have to over-equip or buy ones whic u arent gonna use for a loooooong time)look, next patch we need to be De-Nerfed, even the BBI faithful has downsides((the firing rate)).
    and the bbi faithful is about the only decent Advy pistol in the game. come on guys, make some different advy pistols, we need more variety in our pistols.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234