Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 14.2 - IP Reallocation Implemented

Ya but FC might go and do something stupid that gives us staffs for higher MC or something. That'd suck but I would believe FC could do something like that.

If you wan't to reset the smart way, do what I am going to do. Take out all your imps, make sure your not buffed, and do whatever you need to get your skills to base. Write down all the skills you use and their current levels. Then reset your char, raise those skills to the same level again, then get your imps back in, and then your other equipment.
    Cynesyn lvl 213 Fixer. Setup - 1400+ BE available.
    Corsati lvl 130ish Adv.

Proud veteran of Synergy Factor

"There will be no camping in SL." - Gaute Godager

Thumbs up YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, what we have all been waiting for. This is gonna be really cool.

Thank you.

Did I miss whether Map Navigation can be reset?

Map Nav cannot be reset, I wish it could. That'd be a whole lot of free IP for me.

Well that's exactly why it can't be reset, *because* it would be a whole lot of free IP, but you'd still have all your maps.
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

I read back on this thread now and *god* there's a lot of useless whining going on. Let's make it simple -

Why is there going to be a full IP reset now?
    Largely becuase over-equipping rules that affect everyone are being put into the next patch, and not giving people a chance to realign their character due to this is unfair.

Should the full reset need to wait for adventurer etc. fixes first?
    No, because it needs to be done with the over-equipping patch and the over-equipping patch needs to be done ASAP. And, even *after* the reset you will still have your full amount of IPR points that you can then use again later *if* you want to reallocate just your main skills later when these fixes come.

But will there be enough IPR points to actually reset skills if I want to change my main weapon etc. after they do more prof. balancing?
    YES. At as little as level 100 you'll already have 8 IPR points. That's 8 full skills you can completely reset if you decide to change after they implement further changes. At 150 you'll have a further 3, and then at 190 a further 4 - in total 15 skills that can be completely reset even after this patch and reset.

If you think it's unfair that the full reset wont be done after your prof. updates, then you can start to sympathise with all the other profs that have been rebalanced so far without a reset, build a bridge and *get over it*. In the meantime, *don't use your IPR points* and you can still do your own mini reset when it does get balanced.

The only people that really have a right to complain about this patch are the ones that went to all the trouble of rerolling their characters because certain skills or items were nerfed so badly they couldn't keep playing their characters, and then next time around they didn't make the same mistakes. Well, I'm one of those chracters myself, but I'm still not complaining because I can't see why I would want to make someone else go through all of that just so I can say "well I had to suffer, so should you".

FC did their research, they came up with one of the best solutions you could possibly imagine to please the majority ( a hard task considering the sheer number of compulsive whiners out there), and they did something the majority have been asking for since almost a year ago. This is a good thing, fullstop.
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456