Thread: So, I return...

So, I return...

after 6 months, thinking after all that time the game would have improved a whole lot, well, it has not changed ONE BIT as far as i can see. The first mission I take, I cannot find the item (after searching for 30 minutes, reentering etc etc, that hasent changed either), there were absoutly no noteworthy features added since I left last year. The same bugs and BS for 6 months, I really feel sorry for you people.

That is plain pathetic, time to sell my characters and melt the CD.

That is unless someone can tell me why missions STILL do not work, and what to do to get them to work(if possible), did I do somthing wrong? I don't think so, but correct me if needed. I would have stayed with the game 6 months ago if the missions actually worked, spending 2 hours trying to complete missions, with no reward, is not exactly fun. It's more like frustration, and I refuse to pay for a game that does nothing but frustrate me.

It's not a flame or a whine, I'm just an angered, and disappointed customer who wants answers.

I think that AO have improved alot the last months, less lag, less bugs, but it's still buggy and nowhere near perfect.

I have only once been in a mission where I couldn't find the item and I played ALOT, so I think you just have bad luck...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Actually I havent been in a mission where I cant find item, however I have had big trouble finding them at times. Turns out they got new hiding places when they changed layout. For instance I think I went through a brown cave mission for 3 hours this day and could not find it, then suddenly after been through the entire mission like 5 times I saw something su****ios below a huge box in a room with 2 mobs. And yes there it was very well hidden under the box, almost impossible to see.

>>if the missions actually worked,

not sure what exactly you mean, but I do believe I can safely say that there are hundreds if not thousands of missions completed by Rubi-Kans every day:). As for having trouble finding item, that's just luck/happenstance. There are few ways you can remedy this - reroll a new mission. Team up - it's easer to find item with 6 people, not to mention XP is better and you can get higher quality item:). Try to find missions in places you are less likely to get the brown cave. Items are easier to find in office/urban settings. Or, skip item completely - get missions where you have to kill or describe a person; or bring item to a machine.

>>there were absoutly no noteworthy features added since I left last year

Well, I guess depending how you define "noteworthy", you can certainly say that:).
    However, for example, Team Missions are brand-brand new. They are still controversial, but many of us nevertheless enjoy them:).
    There have been numerous small tweaks literally too many to list here - check the individual patch notes. So it all depends what you expected... after all, of course, AO is the same game that it was 6 months ago - it's not going to turn into something completely different just because you gave it some time:).

I hope you find fun on Rubi-Ka:). And if not, I do wish you luck in finding a suitable game outside of this world:).

Cheers,
    Nostra

I did not play during the first 6 months. I started only a month ago. And I can say that I thoroughly enjoy the game. I was in DAoC when it had the smoothest launch in the gaming history. My experience with AO a month ago is similar to that in DAoC in its first week. So I probably don't share your perspective.

Little bugs do exists. I have been in two missions where goals are nowhere to be found. And that is among 200 missions that I have done so far, so either I believe they are well hidden or it was really bugged.

I heard that physical init. wasn't working for MAs during the first month, but they fixed that lately.

So like any other games, it does stil have bugs and some of them are annoying. But over all, I have to say the game is very well developed at this point.
    Janella "Zindi" Catt
    Trader, Rubi-Ka 2

I heard that physical init. wasn't working for MAs during the first month, but they fixed that lately.
    I'm not sure that this is fixed yet... if we use MA weapons they use phys init, but I think the fists still do melee...not 100% sure tho..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.