Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Event Do you want to be a part of it ?

Player Event Do you want to be a part of it ?

Ok the lack of interesting events on Rubi-Ka is starting to bother a lot of people. I guess there is something to be said in the line " well if you think you can do better than do it yourself"

So we are going to give it a try run our own mass player events, create own events where the players take the roles the GM's normally would have. The story (yet to be decided but we have a few ideas) would try to have different elements both roleplaying and p vp as well.

The story will be played out over a number of days and weeks with different things planned each day. The events will be linked and how you do in one event can effect another.

The story characters will have a background profile pubished and everyone will be able to follow the via news stories on a website each day.

We will be looking for people to play certain roles, guards, lawyers, gang leaders, criminals etc etc ( of course depends on the story) but also people can take part via the guild just for the P v P for example. The roles will be based around the idea of the guilds and the role the the guild might play in the faction they belong.

We will not be playing Ross, Radiman etc or anyone above guild sort of level so as to not confuse the main story.

But you must be willing to fit into the idea of the story, and accpet the fact your character might not ( and prob will not) be a main character or a hero ( so to speak) in this event. You may even be asked to take the role of the bad guys or end up on the losing side by design.

We will also be looking for people to help out with the story ideas etc etc.

So if you are interesting in be a part let us know post a bio on you current character, what they do where are they from, maybe details of an adventure you have been on. Oh yes there are roles for both Omni, Clan and neutral.

The whole idea behind this drive is to improve the level of RP and get people interested in the story until FC decide to go back to it.
    Last edited by Kirrana; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 03:56:15.

Another thing: You must be prepared to be involved enough in the RP to admit that you lost or got killed.

Simply saying later: Well that didn't count is not an option. Kirrana said "loosing by design" we'll keep it to a minimum so everyone has a fair chance at it. But be prepared to face the consequence of any losses or what have you. Its only your honor that will be damage. We're not bringing in permadeaths (Yet ) so nothing will be lost.

The point of this is to make the storylines a plausible sidestory to the official story. You will be playing your own character in maybe a different position that usual, but again. Within the fluency of the story.

And since we're gonna do this without FC, everything is within the games walls. Not GM intervention, no spawning Juggernauts. Basically nothing that you the player can't do.

We're looking forward to hearing from you and to make this fun for all of us.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

This sounds great but who do we contact and how do we do it?
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

I think that you KNOW I would be dying to participate... I've had a mini-story going in GVRK for a while now, but that seems to be ending a bit early.

Actually, Kirrana, I'd like to talk to you about a little thing I've been working on in my spare time...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Smile Please include me....

February 17th 29450 I Katelin "Cyani" Kerans was born to Harlen and Amalia Kerans. Employed by Omni-Tek, Harlen and Amalia were Nano-Technicians living in the Rome Blue district. Harlen, a very well known scholar and high ranking Omni-Tech Professor of Nano-Technology Sciences was a stern and very disciplined Nanomage. Amalia, an Omni-Tech Officer assigned to Harlen's research team was quite the opposite showing a more compassionate side.

My relationship with my parents was very close. My mother Amalia shaped my ideals, beliefs and soul. My father Harlen shaped my fortitude, discipline and mind. As I grew older my fathers persistent drive for perfection and lack of compassion pushed us farther apart. My mother and I became closer, and though my father loved me dearly his persistent force to drive me to be like him forged a bitter wedge between our family.

Not the typical Nanomage satisfied with laborious studies and isolation, I was labeled as a free spirit and somewhat reckless, preferring to socialize and experience the outside world from my sheltered life and Omni-Tek research institutions. This did not bode well with my father, especially considering his stature and place in the Nano-Tech community.

Educated by Omni-Tek, along with my fathers rigorous extracurricular studies I quickly mastered the ability to manipulate nanotechnology. I quickly grew tiresome of the tedious, cold calculations and research and in a heated debate with my father one evening regarding my conduct as a scientist, and foremost his daughter, he stated that I did not meet his expectations. Following an exchange of harsh words spoken in anger, my father instructed me to leave and not return should I see fit to pursue what he called "my foolish endeavors". My mother torn at the turn of events pleaded for my father to understand, unfortunately at our wits end I left Omni-Tek and my family in Rome to follow my heart and create my own life.

In my relentless pursue to find a new home, I found myself in a pleasant city known as Borealis. Small in comparison to the Omni Rome district I had been raised in, I found Borealis very quaint and well suited for my new life. Alone in a new city I quickly tried to adapt to my new surroundings. My first acquaintance was one of a kind Doctor Malcom Neblett, or Drtiny as his friends like to call him. The kind Drtiny answered many questions regarding my new home and his views on neutrality. He also noted his affiliation with an organization known as The Independent Rubikans and their strive for independence and freedom to not side in the conflict at hand and to live in peace. Intrigued with the thought of an open minded organization and the opportunity to meet other like minded individuals I did not hesitate to join when the kind Drtiny presented me with the option to do so. And so my life begins..... Free ... Neutral..... Independent.........

Katelin Kerans, simply "Cyani" to my friends....

(Feel free to contact me in-game or via email cyani@tampabay.rr.com)
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

I would love to participate as well.. a bio for Caid...
    ~
    My name is Caid Nottoris. Former Commander in the Red Freedom, former liason to the Council of Truth public relations commitee, former leader of the Eternal Warriors......

I lead Freedom's Hope (some still call it Sector 3 for some reason), department of external intelligence operations and espionage. I cant say any more about Freedom's Hope.. that's classified. *smile*

So you want to know a bit about myself... well, I guess I can tell you a few things. I was born Beo Nottoris, a solitus, in the clan city of Sparta in the West. I lost both my parents at a young age, my mother due to an incurable illness... my father due to something I shouldn't talk about.

I took leadership of the Eternal Warriors after my father died, and the rest up to this point is a lot less interesting.

I am currently training to become a Commander in the CoT, but my loyalties right now, lie most of all, with the clans.
    ~
    Hey, anything I can help with story wise, just let me know, I got a lot of great ideas

E-mails: arc-euphoria@shaw.ca or beonottoris@shaw.ca

~Caid

This wont involve the games main story will it? If it is it would really mess some things up.

Jessia Puller

I don't really know where to begin. It's been a long twisted road I've walked and I am still looking for answers......

My first memory is standing in the middle of a hunting ground in Tir City, mace in hand and no memory of who I was and where I was from. I was taken in by a kind gentleman, Herschel "Oida" Sandine, who was more than willing to help me pick up the pieces of my lost soul. Memories came back, but only in peices. My name first, then pieces of history, and the possibility that I might have a sister.....maybe two......

It was about a month later when I met someone, who said he knew my family (his name I will not say, as I have made a promise to him). My mother and father both were high officials in Omni-Tek. I had two sisters. My mother and father rebelled against Omni durring the civil war in 29461. They were considered traitors and executed, with thier insurrance canceled.

I guess they new of thier possible fate, and in order to keep my sisters and me safe, they separated us in three parts of Rubi-ka. One remains in Omni territory, the other unknown and myself, left with a Trade family in newland.

That's as much as I've learned. My sisters, still unknown to me, and what happened to me between my childhood in newland and today is still a blur.

I have continued my search with my friend Herschel "Oida" Sandine, but so far I have learned nothing more.

I fight everyday to learn the truth, as well as to be a free citizen of Rubi-ka. Maybe someday I will be able to stand next to my remaining family, and maybe I'll someday know why my parents acted the way they did.....maybe, I'll only die trying.......

(please send e-mails to dargaria_1@hotmail.com)
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

i wish to join in on this
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

I'd also be interested in joining in, if you have need for a free wheeling fixer

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Thankyou Kirrana At last we (I) can do something when i don't want to pvp or level
    Ill speak to you tonight.

PS. Its about time I right how I became and why I am where I am now.

Talking very interested

Hmm
    Onestbob here, while I have just arrived on this dump I plan to make a few creds so if any of you guys need a package delivered or a personal message passed across the lines I'm your man.

No job is too small and I guarantee 100% discretion. No danger charges just flat fees:

20% value of goods delivered.
    Cost of message delivery depends on location.
    Part exchange and storage available.

So guvnor got a job for a poor trader down on his luck?

You can count on me K. You know i try to encourage Rping whenever possible.

Lev Rivers is at your disposal (or if you want me to play another story-created character)
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Good to see so many people wanna get stuff going.

as for who to contact?

Its mainly Kirrs thing this. So talk to her, but I put myself out on the line here too.

Only thing is I got an admittance test coming up next Saturday and I gotta pass it to get into Journalist school. So I prolly wont be online as much as I'd like.

Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

But how should we contact here? Just send a tell ingame or an email or what?
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Kirrana,

Baxie sent me a tell in game, and I love the idea. You have my full support. I have, and still am, running small story events for my guild as is. Ill send ya a tell next time im in game, just so im certain you know my assistance is available.
    Last edited by Boci/Wen; Apr 24th, 2002 at 14:03:27.

Count me in. I am getting tired of nothing happening, so I would love to help and participate in player-run events
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Smile wanting to join

This is as always a great initiative, kirrana.
    All i can say Is that I would love to give some meening to exist on Rubi-ka.
    Currently im starting the next fase of a RPstoryline runned for my Guild(and some other players doing npc parts) so in that one I´d be somewhat busy (we are a few ppl working together).
    But since I´d be in it as a gamemaster I´d love to join this as a player. And since I still have too many free hours on my hands right now.
    I am as some other on this thread seemes to be, a bit confused If I should post my char background and some stories right here in this thread? Actually it seemes to me your post says that is exactly what you whant so I´ll see if I can summarize some text on Areania and Kelei and fit it in here later tonight(you can freely choose hwo would fit).
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

Post That's what I'm trying, too

Okay, so there's more people that have some ideas and the will to do something. Though I play mostly on RK-2, I would still participate, so count me in for the fun.

I have tired to contact FC for some support for an event series, but so far there's nothing happening. I'm currently trying to round up the guild leaders on RK-2 for a petition. I want to do some RPG-related events, not the stupid PvP-battle or "party"-style events.

If there's some mailing list starting (I check the forums only from time to time) or you want to contact me, my e-mail is kasimodo@kasimodo.de

Kas
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast