Thread: MA + Weapon(s) combo

MA + Weapon(s) combo

Will this be fixed anytime soon?
    Will this be looked at anytime soon?
    Or is this intentional?

Currently my level 25 MA also wields a hammer.
    If a buff runs out, I lose my ma attack. The graphics show me attacking but I never hit. I still get in my 200+ hammer. Interestingly I'm still able to kill yellow/orange mobs without my ma. But that's not the point. If I level, I lose my ma attacks. Again, I still retain use of my hammer. If I zone while wielding my hammer, I lose my ma attacks. Again, I still retain use of my hammer. While all but the leveling can be fixed by removing weapon, zoning out of zone, and zoning back in then wielding weapon or removing weapon, sitting, quitting, relogging, wielding weapon, I believe I am not the only person who finds the process tedious. Right now I have to stay on top of my buffs and recast them before they run out or I'm screwed. Right now I can not level while fighting 2 or more hard mobs as losing my ma attack can make the fight a little harsh.

In case you at Funcom have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, here is an example:

(Fully buffed, wielding hammer)
    You hit blahblahblah for 51 points of melee damage. (Normal ma attack.)
    You hit blahblahblah for 255 points of melee damage. (My hammer)
    Your brawl (or however it shows) hits blahblahblah for 98 points of melee damage. (Brawl attack)
    Nanoprogram Lesser Controlled Rage terminated. (Ah, buff running out, here's where the problem begins.)
    Blahblahblah hits you for 36 points of chemical damage.
    Blahblahblah hits you for 56 points of chemical damage.
    Blahblahblah hits you for 28 points of chemical damage.
    Blahblahblah hits you for 32 points of chemical damage.
    (All this time I am wilding swinging my arms.)
    Blahblahblah hits you for 33 points of chemical damage.
    Blahblahblah hits you for 62 points of chemical damage.
    You are healed for 105 points. (First Aid is my lover.)
    Blahblahblah hits you for 39 points of chemical damage.
    You hit blahblahblah for 236 points of melee damage. (My hammer.)
    (Oh, I missed with my hammer this time around and things are starting to look really bad. But I hate running, so.....)
    Your dimach hits blahblahblah for 298 points of damage. (My dimach)
    etc......

I hate the idea of fleeing from something that I should normally be able to whoop with ease. Or at least with some liberal use of first aid and lesser restore essence.

Now, I realize I'm only level 25. Perhaps I'm just doing things wrong and there is a simple fix for my problem. (Other then not using weapons.) If so, please let me know. If not, I will assume that this is not the intentional behaviour of ma + weapon(s) combo and will wait paitently for you, Funcom, to fix it.

It's a serious pain.

If a buff runs out when you're wielding a weapon, a simple way to fix it is to unequip the weapon, cast an MA buff like lesser controlled rage, and then throw it back on. Annoying but it works for me. As much as I'd like to see MAs and weapon use fixed, it doesn't seem to be a priority at all.

Rookie Keldrys
    100 Omni MA

Right. I've realized I have to do that. However that does not help me when leveling. I can remove my weapon, level, and still be screwed. It just sucks. =P

The only reason I posted about it is because I guess I'd like to know if the reason Funcom isn't caring about is because they are planning possibly to remove ma+weapon combos? Am I wasting IPs?
    Last edited by Nivil; Nov 28th, 2001 at 11:23:24.

Unhappy

after levelling, remove weapon, allocate IPs, rebuff, re-equip. this works ok.

as a dual wielding MA I agree this totally sucks. and if we get a debuff, it stops working too. sitting round for 4 minutes waiting for a debuff to wear off (otherwise when it does wear off, even if I "fixed" myself, I'll get bugged again) just isnt FUN.

PvP vs anyone who can debuff? forget it. worse than getting rooted.

every 25 minutes of play (more if I zone) I have to drop both my weapons, re-buff, and re-equip. and wall blades take a long time to equip. annoys the hell out of me, I wish I'd never picked up a weapon until this gets fixed :-)

It also means we cant "over-equip" as we have to repeatedly take our weapons off. if we cant buff ourselves, we cant use them reliably.

oh and if theres a monster in the first room of the mission - we cant stick our weapons on before we get attacked. great...

Unfortunately, no-one has offered an answer for where this is on priorities. I heard all numbers from 13.0-13.3 as an ETA... no news since then (12.9 days). MA+weapons+newbie=fubar. you need to know how to avoid the bugs to avoid them. and avoiding them isnt FUN.

The problem seems to be a conflict between the weilded weapon (which has a static QL) and fists, which have dynamic QL's. When your numbers change, your fists QL changes. Weapons weilded override fists when fists change. Thus unequipping and changing the numbers works.

If they'd put in conditional when the server does a weapons parse like this one:

If fist's QL > weapon weilded's QL use fist's QL else use weapon weilded's QL.

That way an MA, who's fists QL is always goingt to be higher than the weapons QL will always punch.

The problem would be solved. It's THAT easy! =)

The real problem, I speculate, is that FC never properly implemented the ability to punch and weild weapons at the same time. There's a bunch of code for multi-weild that probably gets fubared. Who knows. hehe. Not FC.