Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    Please see the fixer guide, which can be found near the top of posts and stickied under Fixer faq's.

Aginorgotd's Fixer Guide

Agi
    I was actually specifically thinking of the newest fixer guide when I said that Engelen's was one of the few that was updated (meaning yours was the other I could think of) Some of these "guides" Haven't been updated since 2003 or earlier beyond a simple plugging in of hey we have AI weapons then after plugging those weapons in..the guides have a habit of not actually telling people if they are any good.

Engelen's guide is a must read for anybody starting an MA, and I used it quite extensively to start my MA alt (Zaxxmanchu).

Your updated guide for fixers is quickly becoming another of my favorites, as you keep it updated as someone points out something you might have missed.

I just wish all the professions had people as dedicated as you two and maintained an updated guide instead of having to rely on information that is so far out of date its not even funny.
    Zaxxan
    Lvl 205 Soldier
    Clan
    House Maadiah

If you don't like the XP pool because you are "Old School":
    After you die type "/terminate"........ right I didn't think so.

Thank you, Zaxxan. Your appreciation is well received. If you've ever paid attention to the fixer boards, you'll notice it's the same five people answering the same five questions over and over again. I also had an orgmate make a fixer and who wanted something to work from for when I wasn't online.
    Combine those two and you have the guide.

The only downside is the fixer boards are pretty quiet now.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

If you are training into Disharmony, you obviously get more hp drained if you are using a weapon or 2 => more attack/minute. Could be great for soloing/tanking MA.
    Daemon "Tenerium" Magistrale - Martial Artist
    Alpha Omega -retired-

This is an amazing guide, Engelen.

Just to add the to the Book 4 information: after a week of camping, it dropped for me off Reverend Dashell in the Aztur room.

Thanks Katrien! I've added your contribution to the booklist, every confirmed special NPC is a little more help for those searching for the books
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Part 7: Alien Invasion

Alien Invasion Stuff
    This section will have all the MA specific information, and also equipment and general information MA's can find useful with the Alien Invasion Expansion Pack.

Blades of Boltar

Combine 1 x QL250+ Kyr'Ozch Energy Rapier Type 992 and 1 x QL126+ Energy Redistribution Unit to make the Blades of Boltar.

Armor

Combined Commando Armor
    How to get: Alien Invasion Library Guide to make Combined Armor
    Comments: Excellent Armor Set, more offensive oriented than the Mercenary Armor, the Commando Armor has better usage when you don't have to think about tanking, and works better in Raids and other situations where your primary task/concern is to cause as much damage as possible. Unlike Mercenary, the Commando has Aimed Shot, making it also good for Bow Users. It also has a very high Add All Off amount.

Combined Mercenary Armor
    Comments: Excellent Armor Set, more defensive oriented than the Commando Armor, the Mercenary Armor is great for all around usage, and especially soloing because of the added Body Dev, Max Health and Add All Def.

Combined Scout Armor
    Comments: Very nice if you need to boost Nano Skills, Evades or Physical Init, but no offensive skills makes this a great choice if you want to get more all around skills, or if you need some extra Nano Skills to cast higher nanos.

Additional Equipment

Adrenaline Factory
    How to get: Drops of Alien Bosses
    Comments: Nice health, Strength and Stamina Boost, an absolutely acceptable replacement for the SL Garden keys and the lower Sanctuary keys.

Obitom's Nano Calculator (Cont. by Kahina!)
    How to get: Combine the Aquarius's Multitask Calculator (Drops of Aquarius) with Notum Amplification Coil (Boss in Alien Playfield 28)
    Comments: Another amazing Utils Item, adding another 2% Crit, and also Nano Reduction Cost, useful for those insane nanocost on the SL damage buffs.

Lamnidae Gloves
    How to get: Drops of the Alien General on city Alien raids.
    Comments: Very nice gloves, but the droprate is a bit low.

Communications Relay (Cont. by Kahina!)
    How to get: Rare drop of the Alien General on Alien raids.
    Comments: Easily one of the best Util3 items available, but hard to get.

Sureshot Glasses
    How to get: Info Needed
    Comments: A slightly upgraded version of the Mystical Green Hood, the difference between these two awesome head armors, is that the Sureshot Glasses increases the skills with 80, and instead of Nano Resist, it increases Evade Close Combat. Slightly increased Sense requirement.

Trick Boots
    How to get: Info Needed
    Comments: A lesser version of the Slippers of Screaming, these boots are still quite nice unless you can get hold of the Slippers.

Alien Invasion Perk Information

Xuyun
    Comments One of the best Perk Lines in the game, great mods, and even better Specials. Both Red Dawn and Moonmist should be a part of every MA's Arsenal and overall this perk line increases the MA's strengths in every way.

Should at least be increased to Point Six to gain Moonmist.

Total Perk Cost
    10 APP(Alien Perk Points)

Total Mods
    Max Health 1000
    Brawl 60
    Dodge Ranged 60
    Evade Close Combat 60
    Duck Explosives 60

Red Dawn
    Obtained at: First Point
    Information: A Self Heal that grows with your Martial Arts Skill
    Duration: Instant
    Recharge: 60 Seconds

Moonmist
    Obtainer at: Sixth Point
    Information: Increases your Martial Arts Skill
    Duration: 40 Seconds
    Recharge: 2 Minutes

Red Dusk
    Obtained at: Tenth Point
    Information: Decreases all Inits of the target with 1000 Points, and decreases the Interrupt Modifier with 100%
    Duration: 20 Seconds
    Recharge: 1 Minute and 5 Seconds.

Ranger
    Comments Unless you are using Bow, this Perk Line has nothing to offer. However, if you are using it, 200 extra points to Bow is quite nice, although 10 Points in order to reach it might seem expensive.

Total Perk Cost
    10 APP

Total Mods
    Bow 200
    Bow Special Attack 101

Clearshot
    Obtained at: First Point
    Information: A Direct Damage Attack
    Recharge: 23 Seconds

Popshot
    Obtained at: Sixth Point
    Information: A Direct Damage Attack that grows in damage as you put more points into the Ranger Perk Line.
    Recharge: 25 Seconds

Clearsight
    Information: A Direct Damage Attack to Target and Increases your Physical and Ranged Initiative with 400.
    Duration: 25 Seconds on the Init Boost
    Recharge: 43 Seconds

Champion of Light Infantry
    Comments If you are using secondary weapons, this perk line will help out alot, since it will boost both your Primary Attack Skill(Martial Arts) and your Secondary Attack Skill(The Weapon Skill), and generally increase overall damage with weapons. If you are also looking for raw upgrade to your MA Skill, you can also take advantage of this Perk Line.

Total Perk Cost
    10 APP

Total Mods
    Martial Arts 100
    1 Hand Blunt 100
    1 Hand Edged 100
    Piercing 100

Crave
    Obtained at: Fifth Point
    Information: A Direct Damage Attack that grows as you place more points into this Perk Line. The damage will also increase if the target has the perk special "Bluntness" running. (Bluntness is a special on the Heavy Infantry Line, boosting 2 Hand Edge, 2 Hand Blunt and Melee Energy. Probably mostly used by Enforcers and Keepers)
    Recharge: 33 Seconds

Bore
    Information: Activates a DOT on the Target, hitting it with five ticks, each doing 890-950 Energy Damage.
    Duration: Five Ticks at Five Seconds.
    Recharge: 2 Minutes if Successful, 60 Seconds if Failed
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 18th, 2006 at 21:48:49.

Ooh can't wait to see the new updates =)
    Vulnus/Wiffwaff

previously Sczvit/Vits/Looks/Bishslap

Yeah, I really look forward to writing this part, mainly because it's the last part I feel my guide is lacking, a pure and simple "How to play" part. I want to dedicate that part so that new MA's can look up what they need to focus on, how to use skills, how they work and what things mean. There's nothing more I like than hearing and seeing how new MA's have found my guide useful and that I have helped someone to enjoy the game, and that's exactly my purpose with this newest part

Talking

omgzwtf grz on uber tutorial

jOO ubah!

Amazing guide!

forgot to mention about the 100% stun on bbcs )

Duration : 4.32 seconds
    Xied 220/14 Doctor
    Elist 215/15 Agent
    Hilary 182/8 Shade

Thanks! I just barely managed to squeeze it in, I just passed the 15K letterlimit in that post

Owww Hmm, just a few remarks regarding the MA attacks:

Angel of Night actually does an Area of Effect attack, so it doesn't just damage your current target. The debuffs only target your current target though. Quite useful for uncovering certain hidden mobs in CoH

I hope you can fit it in.

Thanks Khai

Yeah I managed to squeeze it in, I just deleted a few unecessary words

Hello, this guide is my Bible to play. Great Job!!.

Got a question:

In the Tank role u wrote "When you get the aggro, depending on the mob, you must adjust the aggrobar. If it's a tough mob, full def will most likely be required. That's when the combination of Evades and Crits will be important. Since you will get a lower attack speed, you must rely on your crits to make up for the lost attackspeed. Full Def and High Evades are absolutely a necessity for surviving and tanking well, and as a result of that your speed will often suffer. So use specials and aim for as much crit as possible."

QUESTION: Is it possible to change agg/def bar while in battle? i think if i make a change while fighting a mob, the change will be not in effect till next fight.

Thxs for clarification in this point, and again Great Job!.

Submix

Hmm, good point actually. I haven't really noticed it since I usually set my aggdef bar before the fight begins, but a little testing seemed to match what you said. It could be that the aggdef bar seems kinda broken atm, I've noticed that ever since I came back.

Maybe someone else could enlighten us a little bit more about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tronix
    QUESTION: Is it possible to change agg/def bar while in battle? i think if i make a change while fighting a mob, the change will be not in effect till next fight.
    Submix
    I heard an ugly rumour somewhere, that there is a proposal to hotkey the aggdeff bar somehow. This was to be be done in such a way to allow people to also set the bar at specified points. Since I have heard nothing to the contrary, nor have heard any conclusion on it, I say rumour.

Can anyone confirm this? I would be a small help to be able to have something like that, just for efficiency reasons.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

well, after lots of testing im pretty sure u cant change agg/def bar while fighting. If u does, u need to stop and re-start the fight.
    Perhaps a good tactics to tank is:
    - Equip high scope,
    - Start with an alpha attack at full agg and Flurry running,
    - When aggro is safe, quickly stop attacking, go 50% def. (no less with scope equipped) and re start.

Submix

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush
    I heard an ugly rumour somewhere, that there is a proposal to hotkey the aggdeff bar somehow. This was to be be done in such a way to allow people to also set the bar at specified points. Since I have heard nothing to the contrary, nor have heard any conclusion on it, I say rumour.

Can anyone confirm this? I would be a small help to be able to have something like that, just for efficiency reasons.
    It's just a myth.

best guide ever!!!

U rule Engelen

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast