Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

Same about pvp for me Fair duels 4tw !

I cant wait to see your pvp part tho. I got a keeper mate to take down

Cheers
    Lady 'Kahina' Draconis, lvl 220/23 neutral MA equip
    This message is hidden because Nanofox1 is on your ignore list.
    Crawling 'Kathryna' Chaos, lvl 220/25 neutral Trader equip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I guess if AO continued to develop like this, in the year 2087 it would basically be Rock Paper Scissor Online.
    Scissor wouldn't stand a chance against Rock but Paper still wants Scissor nerfed.

Me again ^^

Maybe another contribution.

In Shadowland armor, what about blackpack? Opi and 450 sense req, +200hp, +20 to evades and inits. Something to consider imho even if the AC is low. And it looks funny ^^
    I heard it drops as a perenium container in Ado abyss, on a peristaltic eremites spot, the nothern one.
    Cant confirm though, only had pill pack/syndicate shades from there. But shouldnt be surprising.

Cheers

Kahina
    Lady 'Kahina' Draconis, lvl 220/23 neutral MA equip
    This message is hidden because Nanofox1 is on your ignore list.
    Crawling 'Kathryna' Chaos, lvl 220/25 neutral Trader equip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I guess if AO continued to develop like this, in the year 2087 it would basically be Rock Paper Scissor Online.
    Scissor wouldn't stand a chance against Rock but Paper still wants Scissor nerfed.

Blackpack is the alternate drop to the pill pack, same B&E required iirc.

Thanks Kahina
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Man o Man do I love this thread!!!

got a problem, check the guide. Always works!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Hi everyone, i seen this guide and... WOW

I'm a noob, first characther (toon?) ever created, started playing few weeks ago and miss some essential "glossary" (what is a tank? DD? and like, even if sometimes logic may help... tank absorb damage, DD does damage, etc.), and miss some items description, location, and like (29 lvls are not much to known everything, and skipped parts about QL200 armor or stuff )

Luckily, i seen this post NOW (at lvl 29) so i can change bad chosen skills and nanolines, and i discovered that "the fancy bar with def/agg written on it at bottom left of GUI, and slider by default on agg end" are instead most important tool, probably the reason why some lower-than-me mobs continue killing me

just saying: thanks to this guide, maybe my playing will change
    Last edited by DrDivago; Mar 30th, 2006 at 10:02:25.
    Laerys Thiarsas aka Laerthia,
    Unit Member of Remedy/Serenity
    «There's no place i can be
    since i found Serenity»

(from Firefly main theme)

aka Dottor Divago on Real World
    aka Futuros, the Great Captain
    aka Laerkeep, my shopKeeper
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Help Bunny dominate Rubi-Ka: copy them in your signature!

bump
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Bump for the best MA guide out there
    Jaqueme Advisor of Red Tigers, RK1
    Joeylegs

Red Tigers Homepage

great guide =) Finally read it after beeing bugged about "Are you the MA that wrote the guide" thru 190 lvls.

And no, im not

Engelen is still my goddess.... not sure who my god is though....

On Phenixdelsol I drowned myself in this guide, drank it all in, loved it! He got IP-screwed and rerolled though and a reread through this guide was a welcome treat for Dragondelsol.

... and it's kinda funny to know that Dragondelsol has bought the ICC Backyard MA crystal box (1575), medsuit set (4000?), two Adaption factories (1050), Martial Arts Expertise (2300), Lesser Healing Touch (2323), without financial help from my main: my first since Hydrojen was created, I believe. ICC Backyard money-making tips help

At my level (level 12) a bag's worth of mission junk is about 2.015 credits and each mission gives me about 600-800 credits when completed. I'm doing 75% missions with ease because of huge firstaid stims from medsuit and Personal Healing... XP isn't bad at all, and because Omni XP is rather low, that's more tokens/LVL
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Loving the guide. bump!

Smile Amazing!

Best guide ever every part covers everything for a MA, You rule!!

Quote Originally Posted by Engelen
    News 22/06/06: I'm now more or less back again, and will update this guide again with whatever it needs once I have gotten some time to put myself back into the game. Looking forward to seeing you all again
    gooooooood thing

and bump again this guide
    great guide, i used to follow this until now (lvl 130ish )
    since i found Serenity»

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Engelen your guide to the MA prof rocks. Although i played an MA as a froob i now have a paying account and after my keeper is started an MA again.

Although this time i tried something else. I am totally neglecting the MA skills like brawl, dimach and MA itself and im going bow all the way. i just got to TL2 and so far so good im OD'ing many profs still but i will soon start to suffer due to lack of buffs for bow's but thats trouble for later. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. So far It's very easy on the IP part.

Str

adding Str to implants or picking more Str perks would that just be waiste, or would it help in damage in anyway?

Good guide here, altho I can debate the rate of importance you gave to intelligence.

Anyway - sweet stuff!!
    Hey ? ! Where did my signature go. . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaf
    adding Str to implants or picking more Str perks would that just be waiste, or would it help in damage in anyway?
    Strength is a very useful ability, not only does it increase both your Martial Arts and Brawl skill, but it helps you to equip common Martial Artist equipment(and at earlier levels).

Quote Originally Posted by Convictus
    Good guide here, altho I can debate the rate of importance you gave to intelligence.
    Intelligence can severely increase it's usefulness for twinks, as a few points more in nanoskills could be the reason why you could cast FFoK or UVC at a certain twink level for example(Like, getting 20 points more in Int instead of Agility would let you cast FFoK, which would ultimately serve you better) . However, for normal play it's not the most important ability, behind core skills, but it certainly have it's strong points
    Last edited by Engelen; Jul 27th, 2006 at 08:29:03.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Engelen
    Intelligence can severely increase it's usefulness for twinks, as a few points more in nanoskills could be the reason why you could cast FFoK or UVC at a certain twink level for example(Like, getting 20 points more in Int instead of Agility would let you cast FFoK, which would ultimately serve you better) . However, for normal play it's not the most important ability, behind core skills, but it certainly have it's strong points
    My int is the lowest ability i have...
    ok ok i know would have increased it more... but too few ip...
    since i found Serenity»

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

I was checking out the Dimach skill description to check out its dripoffs, and noticed that apparently it used to drain all your nanopool, and wasn't a guaranteed hit. When did this change?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Back when Parry and Riposte was "working" u could Parry a Dimach attack so it wouldnt do any dmg. But I dont know if it did ever empty ur nano pool completly.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast