Thread: Vacation, huh? So, what's up for 2004?

Cool Vacation, huh? So, what's up for 2004?

I can already smell grandma's cooking and feel the cold northern wind on my face. But I got one more day (and a few hours) here at the office before heading home (northernmost parts of Norway) for Christmas for the first time in several years. Better give you something to chew on over the holiday season, I guess.

Priority list?
    First of all, I saw a request for some priorities, posted on the suggestions forum by Jasziak. Marius has run off a bit earlier than me, but I'll try give you a little overview anyway. Disclaimer: This is my personal impression, and not necessarily the priority list the devs will be using after the vacation. I'm fairly sure it's pretty close though.

Also note that while some tasks are higher and others are lower on the list, the same people don't work on all, and several tasks will naturally be worked on at the same time. It's not like we won't work on item bugs until everything above on the list is done.

And story / events is not included because I simply don't know the status on it right now, not because we've forgotten about it.

The priority list (Cz version):
    1. Shadowlands quest bugs.
    2. Other annoying Shadowlands bugs.
    3. Tweak drop rates on some items (and make sure all needed items drop).
    4. Faction system.
    5. Monsters (e.g. toughness, aggro, cry-for-help) and reward per Shadowlands playfield (and within each playfield, to draw people away from the hecklers), to make sure players will want to play in the highest playfield they can get to.
    6. Item, nano and perk bugs.
    7. More weapons, especially for some below-par weapon groups.
    8. ... (other stuff)

New add-on
    We'll also work on the next add-on for Anarchy Online, and will hopefully share some info on this in January and feed you regularly with news about it. The priority list above comes first though, even while work on the add-on will of course be conducted in parallell with all this.

Dev chats
    Yeah! You hear me. We aim to start up with dev chats again in early 2004, maybe at the end of January. Where and how often is not decided, though I hope we can rotate it between different locateions, and vary topic and which Funcom people are present to allow for frequent chats.

Forum changes
    Nothing decided yet, but there might be some forum changes in January. Mostly I'm considering splitting the Life and Buzz forums; one of each per dimension, but some other changes might be in order too. I haven't given it too much thought yet, so if you have suggestions or comment, please send them to thomasj@funcom.com with the topic "Forum suggestions".

Tidbits
    - The highest level character right now is 214. I expect to see at least one 220 when I return in January.
    - Please behave on the forums and be nice to the moderators. Note that if you get a suspension, you won't be posting again until I return.
    - I hope to go cross-country sking, something I haven't done in almost ten years. Wish me luck!

Take care, have a great holiday season and a happy new year. See you in January. I'll be the one that looks like Cartman - fashionably plump.
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 17th, 2003 at 17:37:25.