Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: To Rebuild A Council

When Omni-Tek stops talking about wanting peace and fairness and respect for territory out of one side of it's mouth while ordering "rogue" organizations to invade our lands, sieze our livelihoods and murder our people out the other, that will be enough. Only then will we be satisfied.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

That would work for Omni-Tek in respect to the Clans as well.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

The critical difference being that there's no such thing as a rogue clan, there would have to be a central clan authority for such an idea to even make sense. Perhaps that will change when the CoT has a chance to grow. The bottom line for now is that individual clans do not answer to each other for their actions any more than Omni-Tek answers to Sol Banking. Whereas individual Omni-Tek factions at least ostensibly answer to Ross, and to Omni-Prime. Yet they are still allowed free run of the planet. I do not think this is due to administrative oversight. It is in Omni-Tek's best interests to turn a blind eye to such organizations while claiming to dissaprove of their actions, and I've no doubt whatsoever that this is exactly what management is doing.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Nevver
    Did you go through that, Benjacrat? Or did someone from 200 years ago? Either way, it still takes us back to the same question: How much is enough for retribution? How much is "fair?" Or isn't there enough and the Clans will never be satisfied?
    Once we have acheived our original intent I will be satisfied, though I can not speak for everyone else.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    Once we have acheived our original intent I will be satisfied, though I can not speak for everyone else.
    And what's the original intent? "Freedom" fer all? Rubi-ka under tha rule of tha Clans instead of Omni-Tek's?

So, once this is achieved, how long till ya turn into what ya hate so much? How long till Napoleon turns against Snowball?

<simply smiles>

We'll see...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I assure you Omni-Administration is keeping a close eye on traitorous rogue-like behavior.

No rogue clans? So it was a non-rogue clan that slaughtered the monks at my old monestary? You wish to be associated with such people who slaughter innocent monks? You all carry the same flag!
    Last edited by Aulial; Dec 26th, 2003 at 06:10:40.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Self Rule

Originally posted by Demenzia

And what's the original intent? "Freedom" fer all? Rubi-ka under tha rule of tha Clans instead of Omni-Tek's?

So, once this is achieved, how long till ya turn into what ya hate so much? How long till Napoleon turns against Snowball?

<simply smiles>

We'll see...

Omni tek doesn't rule at all on Rubi Ka...Omni tek is a Corporation not a government.....The council of Truth is about creating a government on Rubi Ka. A government is not in the interest of Omni tek because then that government will be able to legislate taxes. Probally taxes Omni tek is not willing to pay should a government be formed on Rubi Ka. That is why Omni tek employees are so willing to undermine the efforts of those that wish to seek self rule on Rubi Ka.

Khastity

Re: Self Rule

Originally posted by Khastity
    Omni tek doesn't rule at all on Rubi Ka...Omni tek is a Corporation not a government.....
    Weird, when WE try to put THAT statement into yer Clanner heads, we're, oddly enuff, always wrong/stupid/uncaring/unable to understand.

Irony anyone?

The council of Truth is about creating a government on Rubi Ka. A government is not in the interest of Omni tek because then that government will be able to legislate taxes. Probally taxes Omni tek is not willing to pay should a government be formed on Rubi Ka. That is why Omni tek employees are so willing to undermine the efforts of those that wish to seek self rule on Rubi Ka.
    Weird also, how the problem of taxes was never mentioned before, or at least very seldom and discretly. Is it on tha new Council of Truth's official agenda to gain more people to yer cause? "Install taxes fer all Clans - to pay in all freedom"? Seems ya din't catch tha fact that even if a Council of Truth is established, Omni-Tek WON'T pay taxes to yer 'government'. I dun't even see where this idea came from. When tha lease runs out, we're out. In tha meantime, establish as many Councils as ya want, they'll never be acknowledged as tha ruling instance fer all of Rubi-Ka.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Notice that we STILL haven't been told what is enough or fair. All we get is more Clan rhetoric and propganda. The Clans are not interested in freedom, they desire to conquer the entire planet and rule over all it's inhabitants including the people who FREELY work for Omni-Tek. What they call a "democratic government" on Rubi Ka is just a flowery way of saying, "We're taking over and screw you and your lease and laws." We want what WE want."

Clanner: "We shall free everyone, including the poor, downtrodden Omni-Tek employees!"

Omni: "Er, I'm cool here. I'm paid a great salary and get five weeks of vacation time. No freeing is needed."

Clanner: "But you are oppressed! Can't you see that? You are being forced to work for Omni-Tek! We will set you free!"

Omni: "Nope, still cool here. There are Clan applications in every store if I want to leave. Omni-Tek provides and stuff."

Clanner: "No, really! You're oppressed! You might not know it, but trust me, you are! We fight for freedom! Yeah... that's the ticket! We fight for freedom!"

Omni: "Sure thing, dude. Just don't mess with my plush job, m'kay?"
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 28th, 2003 at 12:45:33.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

But Nevver.. did you not know that being Omni-Tek employee equals being oppressed and being an oppressor? How could life in Omni cities and working for the corporation, be good? Heaven forbid that there is anything good about being Omni *dripping with irony*
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

It goes much deeper than that, Meister. Apparently, running a sale and offering lower prices to customers is oppression as well. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Ironically, by trying to force their business ideals on us, the clans try to oppress Omni-Tek.. oppress and be oppressed.. it's a vicious circle I guess... While I'm confident that the new council of whatever will not be a success, it is at least entertaining to watch them try
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

I'm looking forward to it. Well, I'm looking forward to some of it - the endless, overdrawn, running-in-circles debates will be boring, but at least we'll get to see some good shouting matches and Clans telling other Clans that their vision is not the other's vision and to quit trying to push it on them (oppress). That's always good for a laugh.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Demenzia

<simply smiles>

We'll see...
    July 24 29206 Reaching a critical mass in numbers - and taking advantage of the escalating war between Omni-Tek and Sol Banking Corporation - the clans finally rise up against the authorities. Killing thirty-nine OT guards, sabotaging security droids and other military hardware, the clans seize control of four notum mines and announce their plans for a democratic Rubi-Ka; run by the people, for the people.

That is the Clans original intent. To establish a Democratic government on Rubi-Ka. No where there does it say "Kill all Omni", or "Everyone must live under our government". Because if we had said that, it wouldnt be a good leap towards freedom. How can we claim to want to free everyone if we force them to live under a government they dont want. We simply offer our government as an alternative to living under Omni-Tek, and hopefully its a more attractive alternative. Though only time will tell.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Dec 28th, 2003 at 17:26:19.

You're right, it doesn't say that anywhere. So why does it seem to be turning into a democratic Rubi-Ka; run by the Clan people, for ALL the people, like it or not? Where is Omni-Tek's say in all of this? How about the Neutrals? This is what it's all about - the Clans want the entire planet since having just their own piece isn't enough for them and to hell with Omni-Tek, the Neutrals or anyone else who disagrees with the Clans. All shall bow to the Clans, one way or another.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 28th, 2003 at 17:41:49.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I see nothing attractive in a clan-run government. Living in Omni cities and working for the corporation has its benefits and never would I want to give that up. If Omni-Prime and Ross want it so, you will have your government in the north, but Omni-Tek will most certainly not be part of it, so any power this government may have would be restricted to the clan territories, as the CoT was before under the regulations of the Tir Accord.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Nevver, You enjoy twisting things to fit your contorter version of reality. When was the last time that someone held a gun to your head, and said "Go Clan now, or I shoot.", I guess thats nevver happened. Wow...thats strange, the way you talk it sounds like it happens to you at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I can hear you now "Help, I'm being oppressed!". This Clan government will be only for the Clans, and those who want to join us.

So let me try to rationalize your logic as far as Omni-Tek having a say in the Clan government. First, Do the Clans have a say in how Omni-Tek governs? No, I didnt think so. So what makes you think Omni-Tek would have an influence on our government? Yeah, Doesnt make an ounce of sense. And I know you thinking "Well, If you want to have a say in Omni-Tek, heres the Omni App form.", and I will say right back to you, if you want to have a say in how the Clan government runs heres the Clan App form.

And the Neutrals? Well, What about them. They are Neutral. The point of being Neutral is that they dont want to be involved in the conflict. Why are you trying to shove them into the middle of it?

Who said that our peice of the terraformed region wasnt enough? Do you see Clan settlements in the south half of the region? Didnt think so. We may have a few Notum mines, but those are there legally in accordance with ICC regulations. I do however see 2 Omni-Tek bases in Clan controlled territory. So until you can get your nice bases filled with Omni-Pol Command Juggernauts out of Avalon, I'd thank you to keep quiet about us wanting to expand into the South.

I'd like to remind you that the bases in Avalon were part of the Tir Accord, which dealt with territorial division of Rubi-Ka between Omni-Tek and the Clans. Now that this Accord has been declared invalid for quite some time, would you be so nice to point me towards a document, stating any territory the clans may occupy now is being held legally? As far as I am concerned, the entire planet is again under Omni-Tek jurisdiction - good for Omni-Pol too by the way. Right now, the clans have no right to any territory.

And again for you: the Avalon bases, aswell as certain other military outposts from Omni-Tek in the north or elsewhere, were all covered in the Tir Accord as legal and in accordance with political agreements made between Omni-Tek and the Council of Truth, back when it still existed. That the Accord was nullified later does not make these bases illegal. Quite at the contrary, it expands Omni-Tek's legal rights to territory across the entire planet, as has been the case before the Accord was signed. If you wish to threaten Omni-Tek with legal action or any other action regarding Omni-Tek presence anywhere on Rubi-Ka, rest assured that you are not in the position to do so.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

the clans seize control of four notum mines and announce their plans for a democratic Rubi-Ka

Silly me! I guess I just misunderstood and assumed that "Rubi Ka" meant Rubi Ka, not just a small area of land!
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    the clans seize control of four notum mines and announce their plans for a democratic Rubi-Ka

Silly me! I guess I just misunderstood and assumed that "Rubi Ka" meant Rubi Ka, not just a small area of land!
    Well, Nevver, since they didnt specify, and you like to assume things, I guess you've just proven that to assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". The CoT only wants to govern what was previously given to us. There are no plans to expand into the South. You just assumed we want to control everyone, and everything.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast