Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: To Rebuild A Council

Originally posted by Savoy
    But at the end of the day, Omni-Tek will be out of your hair in 50 years. Can't you see your long term your issues are actually with the ICC, and that this centurey long struggle with Omni-Tek is getting with each passing day more an more redundant?
    Do you really expect many of us to believe that Omni-Tek will let go of the lease that easy? Just pack up and leave? I hardly think that a company who invested billions of credits into the dustball we call Rubi-Ka will just nice and easy pack up and leave one day, leaving the multi-billion profit from notum, the technology and possibilities behind or in the hands of a rival corporation.

ICC is made up by the hyper corporations in the known galaxies. They are more part of Omni-Tek than the clans. We have no say in the decisions of who gets to hold a lease or not. A council could, however.

Khastity, I thought you'd be intelligent or at least creative enough to come up with your own words. Seems I was wrong. While Omni-Tek does not seek to be a government and never will be, you clans seek to take Omni-Tek's property away from it without any legal grounds to justify what you do.

I will have to see this new CoT with my own eyes and doing something good for the clans, before I believe that it is worth looking at it. Unfortunately you are blinded by your will to destroy what was built on this planet by Omni-Tek and this blindness will carry over to the CoT.

It is the nature of the clans to steal from Omni-Tek since you do not have anything. If you dont steal it, you cant have it, since it belongs to Omni-Tek, so you just take whatever you want. And then you act surprised and insulted when Omni-Tek acts and protects its property... your old ideals of freedom and democracy have long fallen and crumbled to dust in the endless bickering and warmongering you have brought upon Rubi-Ka. How you ever want to achieve a democracy that is not ruled under an iron fist by some mad clan dictator is beyond me.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

I'm beginning to realize that all you people want to do is fight, so enjoy yourselves. Your not helping at all by doing what your doing here.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Tussa

Do you really expect many of us to believe that Omni-Tek will let go of the lease that easy? Just pack up and leave? I hardly think that a company who invested billions of credits into the dustball we call Rubi-Ka will just nice and easy pack up and leave one day, leaving the multi-billion profit from notum, the technology and possibilities behind or in the hands of a rival corporation.

Tussa, look at history. When the ICC makes a stand, Omni-Tek will comply. Not always willingly, not always promptly, but it will toe the line. Case in point - insurance technology. OT was not keen to give this to the Clans for obvious strategic reasons, the ICC stepped in and OT complied.

It should be clear, if OT were not playing by the ICC rules, Clans history would have been much different, probably to the point that there would have been no history to talk about. Thus to believe that OT will just ignore the term of the ICC lease with nothing to go on but a gut instinct is wholly unjustified.

If your intelligence on the matter is coming to you through visions and voices, may I suggest one of the aluminium hats Miss Maul makes? She claims they are very effective at blocking these sort of things.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Dec 19th, 2003 at 14:35:13.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Meister
    Khastity, I thought you'd be intelligent or at least creative enough to come up with your own words. Seems I was wrong.
    Meister,

It was an excersise....kinda like the one kindergarten teaches give children in school... you know like word substitution ........apprently you missed the point and your attention span is less than a 2 year old, in which case you are hopeless.....go back back to your board room presentaion.....that probally some clanner spy has prepared.

Khastity

It should be clear, if OT were not playing by the ICC rules, Clans history would have been much different, probably to the point that there would have been no history to talk about. Thus to believe that OT will just ignore the term of the ICC lease with nothing to go on but a gut instinct is wholly unjustified.
    I still don't believe that Omni-Tek will let go of the lease that easy. Bureaucracy and diplomacy may take anyone far, and if ICC is offering the lease for a new period, I hardly think Omni-Tek will let it slip without even trying for it. I'm not saying that the grass is greener on the other side, and I expect every hyper corporation to be as lusty on the notum saturated planet as any other. But the clans and the neutrals are stuck in the middle of this because we're not an organized corporation, we're just living on this planet. And in some peoples eyes, we're nothing but a nuisance.

A council might be able to communicate not only with Omni-Tek but also with ICC for the clans.

An OOC note...

Originally posted by Tussa

I still don't believe that Omni-Tek will let go of the lease that easy. Bureaucracy and diplomacy may take anyone far, and if ICC is offering the lease for a new period, I hardly think Omni-Tek will let it slip without even trying for it. I'm not saying that the grass is greener on the other side, and I expect every hyper corporation to be as lusty on the notum saturated planet as any other. But the clans and the neutrals are stuck in the middle of this because we're not an organized corporation, we're just living on this planet. And in some peoples eyes, we're nothing but a nuisance.

A council might be able to communicate not only with Omni-Tek but also with ICC for the clans.
    ((Is anyone else seeing the similarities between this situation and the one portrayed in Frank Herbert's Dune?))
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Khastity.. as a clan kindergarden teacher, you are quite unprofessional. It is thus not surprising that clan children suffer terrible traumas and phobias in early years of their childhood and end up being the adult clanners we have to endure listening to every day now. With "excercises" that are meant as insults, such as yours and witty comments you'll not get your point accross - not that it would make a difference if you did.

You can keep any future replies for yourself, as you are clearly attempting to bring this conversation on a lower level where you would like to insult me with things like what you said earlier. I'll ignore you, simple as that. Good day.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Meister,

I showed you kindness once in a differnet place and time...and here you have met me with condescention and insults. I don't tolerate that well...You are the one that started the personal and unprofessional insults.

originally posted by Meister
    Khastity...
    I pity you for wasting your energy trying something which has failed before, attempted by wiser people than you.

as for the following

originally posted by MeisterYou can keep any future replies for yourself, as you are clearly attempting to bring this conversation on a lower level where you would like to insult me with things like what you said earlier.
    Your constant condescending attitude in posts will be met in kind. And if you wish me to go away ....well I won't .....if you want me to keep my comments to myself.....well I won't....

If you choose to ignore me then you are free to do so but as you ignore me remember .......

Thank the clans for fighting for freedom of speech on Rubi Ka

In closing, I do not wish to close the doors on relations that have at one time been more palatable and happy. If you should wish to begin once again I am completely open to that.

Khastity

You tell him Khastity who does he think he is telling you to keep your coments to yourself?

I think what it is, is that your hotting on or close to the truth and he can't handle it... I have read every post here and I have yet to see you being childish or how ever he put it..

To all Omni:
    Try as you will to shut us up it will never work. We are free of you and you can never quiet us down!

LONG LIVE THE CLANS!!!!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Re: An OOC note...

Originally posted by Ulltima

((Is anyone else seeing the similarities between this situation and the one portrayed in Frank Herbert's Dune?))
    (( hell yeah, ever since I first started playing AO I saw the comparison. Nothing wrong with that Dune stole some of it's elements from Sci Fi of the past. I wish FC would steal more from Herbert and Azimov, and less from Flash Gordon style Sci Fi, Or heck Lord of the Rings fantasy. Nothing kills the sci fi feel like a knight in shiny armor .))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Khastity.. as a clan kindergarden teacher, you are quite unprofessional. It is thus not surprising that clan children suffer terrible traumas and phobias in early years of their childhood and end up being the adult clanners we have to endure listening to every day now. With "excercises" that are meant as insults, such as yours and witty comments you'll not get your point accross - not that it would make a difference if you did.

You can keep any future replies for yourself, as you are clearly attempting to bring this conversation on a lower level where you would like to insult me with things like what you said earlier. I'll ignore you, simple as that. Good day.
    I have always noticed Meister that whenever there is a debate you weigh in with insults and personal attacks. Never do you bring data, philosophy, or even your company policy. You blindly follow Omni-Tek orders and instead of backing that up with reason you attack personally anyone who disagrees with you. This truely shows that Omni-Pol is lead by a thug and is a band of thugs. I know there are some good people in Omni-Pol, like any organization that is corrupt, not everyone is a bad egg. But you sir are a bad egg.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Re: Re: An OOC note...

Originally posted by Aazamon

(( hell yeah, ever since I first started playing AO I saw the comparison. Nothing wrong with that Dune stole some of it's elements from Sci Fi of the past. I wish FC would steal more from Herbert and Azimov, and less from Flash Gordon style Sci Fi, Or heck Lord of the Rings fantasy. Nothing kills the sci fi feel like a knight in shiny armor .))
    /ooc
    Amen to that, enough with the all the Arturiana already! Still if its any consolation, RUR was deeply inspiredby Asimov...and Futurama.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Re: Re: Re: An OOC note...

/ooc
    Amen to that, enough with the all the Arturiana already! Still if its any consolation, RUR was deeply inspiredby Asimov...and Futurama.
    (( and dats why I lub you guys ^.^))

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Aazamon

I have always noticed Meister that whenever there is a debate you weigh in with insults and personal attacks. Never do you bring data, philosophy, or even your company policy. You blindly follow Omni-Tek orders and instead of backing that up with reason you attack personally anyone who disagrees with you. This truely shows that Omni-Pol is lead by a thug and is a band of thugs. I know there are some good people in Omni-Pol, like any organization that is corrupt, not everyone is a bad egg. But you sir are a bad egg.
    Memo

To: 'Aazamon'

Re: comments from 'Meister'

Sir:
    I have to agree with your statment, listed above, I have not heard many facts coming from the side of Omni-Tek just feelings. I would like to call upon Mr. 'Meister', or if not him who ever is really in a spot to do this, to call forth Mr. Ross and lets here what the "Boss" has to say about us remaking the Council of Truth.

You see it is my feelings that the Council is a good thing we had peace before and for some reason unknown to all the Council was no more. But I really think with the current Leaders of the Clans and the people calling for this to happen, it will and can work.

Yes I will be the first person to admit this, some people in the Clan Faction do not wish peace and this will have to be addressed. But we have people like Tussa, Cogs, Caid and Vixentrox, just to name a few, that really care about this and they put in LARGE amounts of time answering questions and talking to Leaders/Un-Guildless about what this is and what it could mean.

I am sorry I ramble somtimes, what I am getting to is let us find out what Mr. Ross says about this instead of some people who think they are in charge of what Omni-Tek thinks.

Mr. 'Meister' if you get this message, as I know you will as this line is most likly tapped I mean no offence to you but your talking about your own feelings of hate towards us here in the Clans. I hope you know, and you will now anyways, that I hold no grudge against you or anyone in Omni-Tek ( except the person(s) that was involved in the death of my family) and I really wish we could just sit down with a nice cup of tea and discuss the problems.

Andrew

Thanks

/me salutes Boombastic

Thanks for your comments that is really aprreciated...

Khastity

As a short reminder, this is what happens to clanners who are too nosey:

Click here
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

As a short reminder, this is what happens to clanners who are too nosey:

Click here
    Can I point out that there is six people that are around that body?

hmmmm....

Don't think I need to say more..

Actually Xasie was the only able to shoot Khastity. Jadeshimmer is too high level, as am I. The red dots are monsters by the way.. Greywolves to be exact. Her death was not honourable or anything - it was foolish.

I am curious anyway why several clanners from Tempest would happen to visit our notum mining installation during low gas times... One guildless clanner even attacked, but was taken care of by the local fauna.

Such shortsightedness and such a person is accepted as spokesperson in business matters for the clans. This incident speaks volumes for me, when I read about notum delivery contracts being cancelled, further reinforcing my opinion of the clans' inability to do anything peaceful or with a longtime meaning.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

A lot of people talk about peace. I hope the Clans Council of Truth doesn't try to gain peace at all costs. That is an old mistake and will only allow Omni-Tek to increase in it's power and control of Rubi-Ka. War for no reason is bad, but so is Peace when you have to give up freedom and your future to gain it.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast