Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: To Rebuild A Council

As long as your feet were naked, and clean...you could probably make me do anything...
    Seriously, though...that is a simple, and irrelevant comparison, miss Nevver. Again, this is what we call home, and we intend to keep it that way. In the long run, it is my hope and beleif that the powers that be, will see the right in letting the Clans, take over, and run Rubi-Ka with the love and respect that any home planet deserves.
    These are my dreams and desires....there is very little you can say to change those, miss Nevver. What may once have started out as a very balck and white issue, back when OT came here, is no longer that black and white. Most all of us were born here...this is no longer just a piece of property, it is home...and by heavens, we will fight to keep it that way!

Long live the Clans!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Originally posted by Cogs
    ... Omni-Tek is NO government! Its a corporation, with enough military backing to govern based on the "power" principle. Do not kid yourselfes....OT is no government!
    The up and coming CoT will be much more in resemblance of a governmental body, as it will utilize democratic processes to lay down the course for the Clans. This of course dependant that we can get major support for the CoT to happen.

Again, OT is no goevernment, merely a militarily backed corporation.
    Um... I hate to burst your bubble... but you're totally wrong about that.

As the sole entity with a legal lease on Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek has not only the responsibility but the duty to run the planet as we see fit. It just so happens that Omni-Tek is a hyper-corporation with millions upon millions of employees, some of which are trained and employed as our own corporate military force.

As the legal lease holders, OTRK makes the decisions on the macroscopic scale... the Clanners do not. If we choose to let the Clans exist, we will. If we choose to put arrest warrants out on Henry Radiman, we will. And we if decide to strip-mine Rubi-Ka down to the last molecule of notum and leave the planet a dead, rotting husk in this binary system we call home, then we will. We don't have to listen to any Clanner's "suggestions", no matter how good they may be, on how we run our operations here on Rubi-Ka.

So, when you take all of these items into account, OTRK is a government... a government based upon a hyper-corporate model that leaves - in theory - no room for dissent.

As they said on Ancient Earth... this is our house. At least it will be until our lease runs out.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

.....reading the response from miss Advyinc, Cogs bursts out laughing....

And you ask why we fight?
    Im glad to see you at least, by your own post both confirm my post negating any OT government, and retribute your own. Thank you.
    The fact remains then,......Omni-Tek is no government, but a corporation, with the military might to act as a military dictatorship.

Goodday, miss Advyinc.

Long live the Clans!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

Originally posted by Cogs
    Most all of us were born here...this is no longer just a piece of property, it is home...and by heavens, we will fight to keep it that way!
    What about those of us, who were born here, and support Omni-Tek? Our voice doesn't count? We don't have a right to protect our home?
    Originally posted by Enforcedman
    Thats the Omni-Tek spirit, if you can`t have it, take it.
    Okay, I'm sorry, but that's just too easy. If you can't see the humor in a Clanner making that statement, there's nothing I can say or do to help you.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 16th, 2003 at 19:28:54.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

What about those of us, who were born here, and support Omni-Tek? Our voice doesn't count? We don't have a right to protect our home?
    Then, dearest miss Nevver, start treating it like a home, and not just another piece of planet that is to be emptied of its resources, and left to shrivel into nothing. Come meet me in the Cup or somewhere, and lets chat. I would love to discuss these things with anyone, face to face.....over a nice cup of coffee...
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

Who are you to tell me what to do in my own home?
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

*shrugs*
    Sorry to even have stretched out a hand...I should have known better, I suppose.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

Anthony, my friend, the attempt at civillity with Miss Nevver was pointless before it began..

The day I see her sitting down, and having a civil conversation with a prominent clansmen, over a cup of coffee in a noted clan city... Well.. Thats the day I can walk into Omni-1 Entertainment and not get ganked by and 400 million Omni Employees..

Since I don't see that happening, you can draw your own conclusions
    Booganoose :: Defenders of Rubi-Ka (RK2)

And what would you tell me? That the Clans have right to Rubi Ka just because of something that happened 200 years ago that Omni-Tek has been paying for ever since? You have been given more than you deserve already by being allowed to live in the nothern terraformed territories and being allowed to mine notum - all while Omni-Tek pays the rent. Consider yourselves fortunate to have so much because, if it were up to me, Omni-Tek would shrug off the ICC's rulings (much like the Clans have) and level every Clan city.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 16th, 2003 at 21:07:21.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Advyinc

Um... I hate to burst your bubble... but you're totally wrong about that.

As the sole entity with a legal lease on Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek has not only the responsibility but the duty to run the planet as we see fit. It just so happens that Omni-Tek is a hyper-corporation with millions upon millions of employees, some of which are trained and employed as our own corporate military force.

As the legal lease holders, OTRK makes the decisions on the macroscopic scale... the Clanners do not. If we choose to let the Clans exist, we will. If we choose to put arrest warrants out on Henry Radiman, we will. And we if decide to strip-mine Rubi-Ka down to the last molecule of notum and leave the planet a dead, rotting husk in this binary system we call home, then we will. We don't have to listen to any Clanner's "suggestions", no matter how good they may be, on how we run our operations here on Rubi-Ka.

So, when you take all of these items into account, OTRK is a government... a government based upon a hyper-corporate model that leaves - in theory - no room for dissent.

As they said on Ancient Earth... this is our house. At least it will be until our lease runs out.
    Omni-Tek was given the lease by ICC. Who gave ICC the authority to give leases out on planets and set laws? Hyper-corperations, not the people. Any government that is not run by the people for the people is inherently evil, self serving, and without true legal basis. It is true Omni-Tek currently has the power to do what it wishes, but they are scared to act so brutally now. Omni-Tek learned a hard lesson a few centuries ago when it's miss management led to the creation of the Clans.

There are forces shaping the politics of the Galaxy now that come from centuries of conflict. There is a movement in the Clans to re-establish rule by democracy, replacing the anarchy that has reigned for too long. I applaud this move. There are people within Omni-Tek trying to reform from within the way that company is run, this is laudable too. However, no corperation has the right to rule people's lives. The only acceptable way I could see Omni-Tek continueing into the future with the support of the people is if they give up all semblance of government and millitary and act as a corperation under the laws of the governments which they work within. As of now I think that would require a complete change of the old guard on Omni-Prime.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Your crazy, that will never happen. Regardless of your veiws on how Omni-tek is im VERY happy at how its being run now and so are most if not all (long shot on all) are. So unless you plan on removing all cell scanners and then kill every omni there is, this will never change because like me, there are other very dedicated to the Omni-Tek cause! Please, don't spout your religious mumbo jumbo at me it will only land on deaf ears. Omni-Tek is here to stay, if you can't stand that, tough cookies. And while were on the topic (kinda) of the anceint ones, your veiw is one sided there also. Sure the redeemed may look angelic, but they hide the true evil within, walk the path of the Chosen brethren, and be saved.

Okay, I'm sorry, but that's just too easy. If you can't see the humor in a Clanner making that statement, there's nothing I can say or do to help you.
    Nevver, open your eyes. It is a fact, if someone high classed payed employee in Omni-Tek can`t have something he wants, he takes it. Omni-Tek was good at the beginning, but the greed just grows and look now, how many years of war?

Im not saying that clanners is the best and all that, I still got a neutral view of some points as seen the bad and good of both sides.

And Nevver, you did mention humour, how about the huge signs saying "Omni-Tek is your friend", now THAT is humor. Once you join them you have a choice, serve or die, and who is your friend then? None.

*Enforcedman takes a snapshot of nevver and draws a beard on it*
    Enforcedman - 158 - Enforcer - Squishy tanker
    Gunghot - 65 - Soldier - One man artillery with JAME -Original one and only-Created and twinked @ 11/1-04 (tm)

It is a fact, if someone high classed payed employee in Omni-Tek can`t have something he wants, he takes it. Omni-Tek was good at the beginning, but the greed just grows and look now, how many years of war?
    Mmmh lemme have some fun too.

"It is a fact, if someone in tha Clans can't have something he wants, he takes it. Tha Clans were good in tha beginnng, but the greed just growed, and look now, how many years of war?"

Oh, wait... this may be too subtle a sense of humor, actually. Or a biting irony?
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

how many years of war?

57 years of war, but also consider the other 236 years (or 80% of the time) of history between the Clans and Omni-Tek in which we lived in relative cooperation and at peace with each other.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

The clans only claim what Omni-Tek has stolen from them, and when clan is splitted up you should attack the bad part of it.
    Even we got people like you, but we don`t support them.

You could say that those former OT known as clan still got some of the "Omni-Tek way" to behave, only now is directed too Omni-Tek and not against Clans.
    Gunghot - 65 - Soldier - One man artillery with JAME -Original one and only-Created and twinked @ 11/1-04 (tm)

What Omni-Tek has stolen from the Clans? My god.. you must be kidding. This entire planet is leased by Omni-Tek. The clans have absolutely no rights to anything. Clans own zilch, nada, zero. It is due to the ICC and Omni-Tek's self-control that you vermin still exist on Rubi-Ka.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

What has Omni-Tek stolen from the Clans, Enforcedman?
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

the freedom perhaps?

Nope. The Clans have their freedom up in the north. We didn't take that from you (much to my disappointment). However, I have noticed that the Clans sure seem to want to take the rest of Rubi Ka from the Omni-Tek.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Your words amuses me Nevver, i`ll give you credits for that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast