Thread: Take Three With Omtron: Omni-Tek Mission Terminals

Take Three With Omtron: Omni-Tek Mission Terminals

Take Three With Omtron: Omni-Tek Mission Terminals
    Omtron

Omni-Entertainment - Omni-Tek Press Corps -- Reporter Omtron follows up his previous article regarding substandard mission terminals, with this promised "Take Three With Omtron" report over the views of Omni-Tek mission terminals, from Omni-Tek employees themselves.

It was a lovely night, the type of night where a person looks up into the sky and looses themselves for a bit - taken by the sight of beautiful stars, and Omni-Tek vessels doing their various jobs in support of our fine company. Sometimes one of those new yalms would breeze through the air, and you would remember that with enough hard work for the company, you too could afford such a device one day!

Thankfully, through the technology of mission terminals Omni-Tek employees will always have work ready for them. Never will there be a jobless employee in our company. These important devices require care and maintaince; something, I found, that the Clans seem to have minor difficulty understanding.

So, I took to interviewing employees Freem and Holymight to get their opinions on Omni-Tek mission terminals:

Omtron: How often do you use Omni-Tek mission terminals per week?
    Freem: Not enough, I would say, 100 times or so.
    Holymight: I see them regularly, on a daily basis. I collect lots of new technological devices by using them. I would have to estimate around 200 times a week though.

Omtron: Do you find Omni-Tek mission terminals to be well kept and clean?
    Freem: Most of the time. I seem to get dirty ones outside of town.
    Holymight: I must agree with Freem, they are clean in the cities.

Omtron: What rewards do you value most from missions? Tokens? Money? The experience gained in general? Or is simply serving your Company sufficent pleasure? Or some form of combination?
    Freem: it would be a combination of tokens and experience, we grow stronger from each mission for Omni-Tek in order to bring more clanners to the truth which they can not see with clouded eyes and false pretences.
    Holymight: My duty is to serve Omni-Tek, so what ever I do, is for them. With missions, I would have to say tokens and experience, same as Freem, to grow stronger for Omni-Tek. The tokens to show my loyalty to Omni-Tek.

What fine employees! Between these two alone hundreds of missions are completed a week! This reporter was pleased to see that indeed Omni-Tek mission terminals in towns were clean and well cared for. As for those outside of town, maybe Omni-Tek could hire some cheap Neutral servants to dust them off from time to time.

Re: Take Three With Omtron: Omni-Tek Mission Terminals

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC
    Omtron

Omtron: What rewards do you value most from missions? Tokens? Money? The experience gained in general? Or is simply serving your Company sufficent pleasure? Or some form of combination?
    Freem: it would be a combination of tokens and experience, we grow stronger from each mission for Omni-Tek in order to bring more clanners to the truth which they can not see with clouded eyes and false pretences.

What fine employees! Between these two alone hundreds of missions are completed a week! This reporter was pleased to see that indeed Omni-Tek mission terminals in towns were clean and well cared for. As for those outside of town, maybe Omni-Tek could hire some cheap Neutral servants to dust them off from time to time. [/B]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Memo

TO: 'Omtron', 'Editor: OTPC'

Re: More Omni propaganda

Is this news? No I think not!

This looks to me like a Omni-Tek controled puppet... I mean come on, is this really about clean mission terminals? please tell me that I missed the big picture... Where is the reporting in that?

*Oh no the terminal the terminal is dirty RUN!!!*

Please this is not news, this is another attempt by Omni-Personel to make themselfs look good, and in my opinion you look really bad. Let me quote you and your "interviewies":

"Freem: ...to bring more clanners to the truth which they can not see with clouded eyes and false pretences."

How can you say our eyes are clouded when you work for a company that, a) broadcasts propaganda all day everyday? b) never gives peace a chance.. c) has employees that have no rights but the ones they are given and can be taken away with no notice or chance to redeem?

"Omtron: As for those outside of town, maybe Omni-Tek could hire some cheap Neutral servants to dust them off from time to time."

Cheap Neutral SERVANTS... well I really don't think I need/should say more on this as this "reporter" just hung his ownself.. But I will... 1st) What your to lazy to get up and clean off your own mess? 2nd) Who do you think you are saying that? I thought you where a reporter? But then I forget that your a Omni-Tek employee that is forced to write what "The Man" tells you too so I should not blame you..

Peace be with you Sir/Madam,

Andrew
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Memo

To: Andrew 'Boomtastic' Domtar

Re: Re: More Omni propaganda

Propaganda or not it is a fact that after the CoT disaperance and the Sentinels taking the power (Was there a vote on that? I heard of none.) the Clan mission terminals has fallen into disrepair, some even to the point of dangerous malfunctions being a real risk. Under the CoT the terminals might have been a bit dusty and dented, but they were always in perfect working order, not to mention the general disrepair of Clan towns and outposts after the Sentinels powergrab.

Omni-Tek is transmiting propaganda, yes. And commercials, add campaigns and what not. All falls under the same section. Omni-Tek wants to increase it´s sales, as the company it is. You see it every day and every hour from Omni-Tek, Bronto Burgers, RUR... Well you get the idea. While on the other hand the Clans have never used media to spread it´s "Truth". No. Never happened.

Minibull-dropings they don´t.

Omni employees have only the rights the company gives them, and they can be revoked at any time you say. Well, Omni-Tek is a demanding employer i´ll give you that, but the company does provide a lot of things in return, and as can clearly be seen at all times many think the demands made on them is well worth the gain. And you forget that there is one freedom that all Omni-Tek employees have that not even Omni-Tek Prime can remove. Any Omni employee can, at any given time, chose to break their contract with Omni-Tek after their obligatory contract fullfilment has been made.

Is that a lack of freedom? Is that slavery? No. It´s keeping ones word of honour and standing by the oath of service (in the form of a contract) you have taken.

Cheap Neutral servants. You rage against this, but mainly i think you have problems with the choice of words. Make it Cheap Neutral Sub-contractors then. Still have a problem with Omni-Tek hiring Neutrals to do a job, and thereby put some Credits in the pockets of Neutrals? Or is it bothering you that Omni-Tek are willing to help out the Neutrals a bit and not be the horrible warmongering bastards you seem so dead set on beliving we are? Or is it that Neutrals might be getting anything at all?

"Never give peace a chance." I would think that history proves you wrong there. Mr. Ross has made several landmark negotiations and treatys with CoT, it is after the Sentinels came to power that things have broken down to a state of near war again.

Also concider the following. Omni-Tek is a corporation, who´s interest is to make Credits. Sure, war might be proffitable, but always to the ones selling the weapons and munitions. Never to the ones actualy fighting the war. I can not state exact numbers, but Omni-Tek spends hundreds of millions of Credits each week to train, house, feed and equip it´s guards. And i know for a fact that the Clans do the same, and the Sentinels double so.

Makes you wonder where they are getting all their money from. Notum mining and bountys to equip their personel at the scale they are capable of without being almost the size of Omni-Tek RK is impossible. Donations perhaps, but from where? Do you know any Clans that are wealthy enough to throw around that kind of Creds without falling behind on their own equipment?

Think about that for a while.

Best of wishes in this season of (hopefully) peace.

Elmo "Xhairs" Barchus

General of Disciples of Omni-Tek

(OOC: Made some minor changes.)
    Last edited by Xhairs; Dec 14th, 2003 at 01:12:46.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

There is something to what Xhairs says. Omni-Tek has gone for peace multiple times. Clans tried a few times and then as soon as it was within their intrest broke the agreements. Some perchance where caused by clan malcontents true. But not all. And if Omni-Tek keeps their mission terminals clean is that considered a bad thing? And keeping making mission termals as a dirty and hazard is a good thing? Is that what clans are trying to say? Seems like a reporter reporting what they see is now a omni propaganda method to control Rubi-Ka. How can a simple report on the state of mission terminals effect the planet? I mean really. They may be be unsanitary and in poor repair. But unless the mission terminals go up in arms against omni for offending their sensabilies for saying omni mission terminals are cleaner I doubt how omni or the clans can truely say this a world shattering revelation and thus we must go to war over this. So thus my suggestion is this spend a little cash to clean your mission terminals and this issue will not be mentioned. Or talked about. Good day. And I am sure some shop keepers would be glad to sell you some cleaning supplies.