Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Notum Export Prices fall

Blue Nanobots

Originally posted by Vytocyt

Please excuse my intrusion.
    /me looks at her feet and appears to concentrate on her words.

You are certainly correct in your description of Omni-Tek's priorities, but, as pointed out previously by Aazamon, the Clans have become something of a vestigial twin of Omni-Tek. They spout the same pro-profit words while living off Omni-Tek's funds. To my unworthy eye, it seems as though the Clans and Omni-Tek only fight each other for the title of Destroyer of Rubi-Ka.

And for ANY nanomage to put profit over his or her own life seems quite sad to me.

I used to laugh at the following parable:

The last two Nanomages -- one Clan, the other Neutral -- were being chased through the Wailing Wastes by Opifex Omnis riding Yalms. Omni wanted to harvest the minute traces of Notum contained in the nanomage pineal gland.

As the yalms approached, the Clan nanomage cast the general run speed nano on himself.

The Neutral nanomage said "What are you doing? That minor nano won't let you outrun a yalm!"

The Clan nanomage laughed and said "I know that! I only need to outrun YOU!"

/me smirks despite the gravity of the parable.

Of course, we all know that the Omnis would subsequently run down and kill the Clan nanomage before the Neutral mage's blood had dried on the bio-communitor....

But hey, if the profit margin is good enough, even Clanners will get a good laugh from this story.

If both Clans and Omni-Tek suspended their notum extraction for a week, all the Nanomage race would gain is a one-week stay of execution. All nanomages, regardless of affiliation, should oppose mining.

Thank you for your time.

Vytocyt
    Nanomage Liberation Front

Khastity brushes the dust off her boots as she comes in from the notum fields sits down behind her desk behind a mound of legal papers and recruitment applications she desperately needs to be paying attention to when this note catches her eye. After reading this she starts fuming and then writing a response

Mr. Vytocyt
    I am not very sure what you do with your day....but to tell you the truth I work and so does my immediate superior Officer Joliie...We work our tails off for our families and our clansmen....and in many instances for nuetrals as well....we have helped set up many clansmen and Nuetrals with loans to help get them started in bussinesses other than notum mining...at very very low interest rates generally as low as 2% which is completely unheard of....and many times without interest being charged at all...this is one way we are trying to expand our economic base while smug sh....ts like you talk about how like Omni Tek we have become and how nanomage extinction is just around the corner....AHHHHHHHH........Go to Frell with yourself.

The more you speak about how clansmen have become money grubing miners the more I am ready to take down your orgs towers. Oh I forgot your org has none....Damn...because tomorrow they would be gone if you did.....

you and Aazamon have made me so increasingly angry at your holier than thou words that at this time I must try not to say Something I really am trying really hard not to say............Arrrrrrrrrrgh. but really want to say it nevertheless but GAAAAAAAH.

I do often wonder how you are making your daily wages...it can't be from the many and various contraptions that the NLF has tried to get patents for but are being continuosly denied by the RK patent office besause they fail to actually do what the patent says they are supposed to do...For example the little the "Nano Dipping Reet"....yeah that funny little contraption that sits on many Rubi kans desk that emeged on the market during Festival 3 years ago....well it does not extract notum from the

"notum saturated water and cast a blue cloud of nanobots each time it dips its nose into the glass" on my desk like the the NLF's label says it is supposed to do.......right above the patent pending label..........which I might add WAS DENIED 2 YEARS AGO.......just prior to festival......ARRRRRRRGH

Perhaps those at the Nanomage Liberation Front are independently wealthy ....well the rest of us work for a living...while the 2 of you point your narrow spindly fingers at clanners and say we are the reason RK is going to hell in a hand basket because we sell notum to keep our economic heads above water. OT is saying to themselves divide the the inhabitants of RK use the neutrals and their "NANO DIPPING REETS" to perpetuate dissention amongst Rubi-Kans all....... well from my perspective you are naysers

...the ones that talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about Patents pending and research that never ever happen and because of your lofty over thought ideas consequently never place one foot on a battle field in defiance of the enemy that is currently strangling the economic lively hoods out of clanners and nuetrals alike.

Khastity
    General of Tempest

Khastity scribles her name at the end of then letter then immediately ripps up the paper and tosses it angrily in the circular file..Then she screams at the top of her lungs a loud and very long shriek she is sure is heard all the way to Home and back. She says to herself as she starts to calm down.

"Just once I want to actually send a letter like that but nooooooooo, "the diplomat." I have to play "the diplomat" when least I wish .....

Frell it, WHERE ARE BY BLUE NANOBOTS?"
    Last edited by Khastity; Dec 19th, 2003 at 06:19:59.

Re: Blue Nanobots

Originally posted by Khastity

Khastity brushes the dust off her boots as she comes in from the notum fields sits down behind her desk behind a mound of legal papers and recruitment applications she desperately needs to be paying attention to when this note catches her eye. After reading this she starts fuming and then writing a response

Mr. Vytocyt
    I am not very sure what you do with your day....but to tell you the truth I work and so does my immediate superior Officer Joliie...We work our tails off for our families and our clansmen....and in many instances for nuetrals as well....we have helped set up many clansmen and Nuetrals with loans to help get them started in bussinesses other than notum mining...at very very low interest rates generally as low as 2% which is completely unheard of....and many times without interest being charged at all...this is one way we are trying to expand our economic base while smug sh....ts like you talk about how like Omni Tek we have become and how nanomage extinction is just around the corner....AHHHHHHHH........Go to Frell with yourself.

The more you speak about how clansmen have become money grubing miners the more I am ready to take down your orgs towers. Oh I forgot your org has none....Damn...because tomorrow they would be gone if you did.....

you and Aazamon have made me so increasingly angry at your holier than thou words that at this time I must try not to say Something I really am trying really hard not to say............Arrrrrrrrrrgh. but really want to say it nevertheless but GAAAAAAAH.

I do often wonder how you are making your daily wages...it can't be from the many and various contraptions that the NLF has tried to get patents for but are being continuosly denied by the RK patent office besause they fail to actually do what the patent says they are supposed to do...For example the little the "Nano Dipping Reet"....yeah that funny little contraption that sits on many Rubi kans desk that emeged on the market during Festival 3 years ago....well it does not extract notum from the

"notum saturated water and cast a blue cloud of nanobots each time it dips its nose into the glass" on my desk like the the NLF's label says it is supposed to do.......right above the patent pending label..........which I might add WAS DENIED 2 YEARS AGO.......just prior to festival......ARRRRRRRGH

Perhaps those at the Nanomage Liberation Front are independently wealthy ....well the rest of us work for a living...while the 2 of you point your narrow spindly fingers at clanners and say we are the reason RK is going to hell in a hand basket because we sell notum to keep our economic heads above water. OT is saying to themselves divide the the inhabitants of RK use the neutrals and their "NANO DIPPING REETS" to perpetuate dissention amongst Rubi-Kans all....... well from my perspective you are naysers

...the ones that talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about Patents pending and research that never ever happen and because of your lofty over thought ideas consequently never place one foot on a battle field in defiance of the enemy that is currently strangling the economic lively hoods out of clanners and nuetrals alike.

Khastity
    General of Tempest

Khastity scribles her name at the end of then letter then immediately ripps up the paper and tosses it angrily in the circular file..Then she screams at the top of her lungs a loud and very long shriek she is sure is heard all the way to Home and back. She says to herself as she starts to calm down.

"Just once I want to actually send a letter like that but nooooooooo, "the diplomat." I have to play "the diplomat" when least I wish .....

Frell it, WHERE ARE BY BLUE NANOBOTS?"
    There are two things you can do with criticism. Fight against it, or find the sources of truth that lay within. I am trying to help you all, not defeat you. I want to help you see what good you really can do. You have a great opportunity to rise above the baseness that has taken over the Clan and Omni conflict. You have a chance, now more than ever to take a truely rightous position and defend Rubi-Ka, The Clans, and all the inhabitants of Rubi-ka. don't take our criticism of the larger Clan mentallity as a personal attack, there are some very hard working and honest clans around. However there are a significant number of clans that are unable to decern what thier cause is about so they play Omni's corperate game instead. There is even much that is done with good intentions that in the end actually serves to maintain Omni-Tek's supremecy in the galaxy.

On another note, any scientific findings by the NLF is public information, we do not hold patents so that we will profit at the expence of others. You will find most NLF members to survive must be resorceful and often live without. We are a modest group, not seeking personal power, rather enlightenment. I know in this day and age that is a hard concept to understand, but it is the way we are and a reason our long established movement is still quite small. I spoke before about Notum recycling technology, when I have my project complete I will make the technology available and encourage it's use all over Rubi-Ka because it will be good for Rubi-Ka.

PS it's Ms Vytocyt
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Is it Just me, or does it seem that letting all the Nanomages die would be a very strange thing for Omni-tek to do? I would like to point out two things. Firstly Companies such as omni-tek are after profits, so just writing off "assets" such as the highly intelligent Nanomages would be a very strange thing for them to do. Secondly Notum is the most important resource in the galaxy. That means it will be a VERY long time before it runs out? Why I hear you ask. Because it will be in Omni-Tek's best interest to make sure the notum keeps flowing, even at a continually reduced rate. Prices will continually rise.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Is it Just me, or does it seem that letting all the Nanomages die would be a very strange thing for Omni-tek to do? I would like to point out two things. Firstly Companies such as omni-tek are after profits, so just writing off "assets" such as the highly intelligent Nanomages would be a very strange thing for them to do. Secondly Notum is the most important resource in the galaxy. That means it will be a VERY long time before it runs out? Why I hear you ask. Because it will be in Omni-Tek's best interest to make sure the notum keeps flowing, even at a continually reduced rate. Prices will continually rise.

hugs

lilnymph
    Omni-Tek's lease on Rubi-Ka will run out before the Notum does. This does not mean that the Nanomages are safe. Nanomages where created over 500 years ago and are now a self sufficient population numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Our Data shows that the notum will outlast this generation at current mining level, however there will be localized notum deprived zones. As well according to our calculations there will not be enough notum in the biosphere to support Nanomage life in 100 years. This is a trend we must stop now, not when it's too late!

We can do two things, buy time and find solutions. I will do whatever it takes to find solutions and I would hope that others on Rubi-Ka would at least help us buy some more time by not exporting Notum.

Even if it wasn't for the harm to Mages I can't fathom why Clans send notum to Omni-Tek. Since when where the Clans sub contractors to Omni-Tek? Does that mean you think Omni-Tek is the legitimate government on Rubi-Ka?

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Legally the Clans can't sell Notum to anyone other than OT, and I would guess they want the money. However now the Shadowlands have been discovered, with veins of Notum, are we entirely sure Notum isn't a renewable resource?

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Legally the Clans can't sell Notum to anyone other than OT, and I would guess they want the money. However now the Shadowlands have been discovered, with veins of Notum, are we entirely sure Notum isn't a renewable resource?

hugs

lilnymph
    Notum is an element, a base material not made up of compounds of any other elements. When used Notum is not destroyed, rather locked away in compounds where it is of no use. There are mechanisms natural and unnatrual that can free this notum again. However if Notum is exported off of Rubi-Ka it becomes useless for the inhabitants of Rubi-ka. What's worse is that it becomes dispersed so much it can not even be recycled well. No element is infinate, there is a limit to all matter and energy. Our data over the past few years has shown this to be true. There is also much circumstantial evidence as well that Notum Mining is having a negative effect on Rubikian life forms. Notum Levels on Rubi-Ka are falling, Export is the clear culprit.

The Lands of Shadow actually show evidence of what happens when you over mine notum. That land is being ripped assunder and our researchers are currently working hard at understanding this. We do have preliminary evidence that in fact ancient Notum Mining has created a massive imbalance in space time and is destroying existance itself!

Notum Export is not only a Nanomage problem, it's a Rubi-ka problem.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Re: Re: Blue Nanobots

Originally posted by Aazamon

There are two things you can do with criticism. Fight against it, or find the sources of truth that lay within. I am trying to help you all, not defeat you. I want to help you see what good you really can do. You have a great opportunity to rise above the baseness that has taken over the Clan and Omni conflict. You have a chance, now more than ever to take a truely rightous position and defend Rubi-Ka, The Clans, and all the inhabitants of Rubi-ka. don't take our criticism of the larger Clan mentallity as a personal attack, there are some very hard working and honest clans around. However there are a significant number of clans that are unable to decern what thier cause is about so they play Omni's corperate game instead. There is even much that is done with good intentions that in the end actually serves to maintain Omni-Tek's supremecy in the galaxy.

On another note, any scientific findings by the NLF is public information, we do not hold patents so that we will profit at the expence of others. You will find most NLF members to survive must be resorceful and often live without. We are a modest group, not seeking personal power, rather enlightenment. I know in this day and age that is a hard concept to understand, but it is the way we are and a reason our long established movement is still quite small. I spoke before about Notum recycling technology, when I have my project complete I will make the technology available and encourage it's use all over Rubi-Ka because it will be good for Rubi-Ka.

PS it's Ms Vytocyt
    ((You Never read this note.......IT WAS THROWN IN THE TRASH!!!!))
    Khastity

Re: Re: Re: Blue Nanobots

Originally posted by Khastity

((You Never read this note.......IT WAS THROWN IN THE TRASH!!!!))
    Khastity
    (( size doesn't make words easier to read . I realize I never read that note, but you did take some RP liberties with the NLF that are quite opposite what the NLF is about. The whole idea of us being a toy developer is quite rediculous . As well you may want to guard your trash better, some of the best intelligence work around consists of sifting through papers thrown in the trash .))

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Blue Nanobots

((Aazamon,

Yes I have Pushed too far...I apologize...but if you never read it then how could you know I took liberties at all and responded in character to my previous post?m :S

Khastity)))

Aazamon, I understand your point. I was merely trying to point out that Omni-Tek strip mining Rubi-Ka would be bad for profits, Since they can increase profits by gradually cutting back on Notum mining, and charging much more, and point to the fact that the amount of notum availble is much reduced. Then Nanomage future is assured (again, increasing Omni-te profits both by keeping this value workforce availble, and eliminating the need to bring in more specialists to replace those nanomages who die out)

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456