Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Notum Export Prices fall

Originally posted by Lazyimperial
    what use is rebellion under such ideals? It is inevitably doomed to failure Aazamon. You can't eliminate evil, because it is a core component of humanity. What you call for is impossible. We clanners must be realistic in what we are trying to achieve.

I understand fully that your race is, to put it simply, doomed if notum exporting continues. The entire planet of Rubi Kai is doomed as well as we rip it to pieces. Yet we do love money do we not? I admit I drool at the thought of all the profit we can get from the planet.

If you think that we clanners will take over Rubi Kai in order to cease notum mining and preserve things for a single race of bioengineered beings made by Omnitek, you are a tad too optimistic. Best hope the notum infused suits your oppressors are making turns out successful.
    What use is a notum infused suit if the notum runs out. It would only give me a few more months of life. You say it's too optimistic? I say democracy was fought for 30,000 years ago, and nearly took over all of mankind. We can do it again! and we can do it better this time! Because it is hard does not mean it shouldn't be done. And I'm not talking for the benifit of only the Nanomage people, but all the citizens of Rubi-Ka. I want us all to live in peace and freedom. But what is peace without freedom? It is slavery! Release yourself from the corperate yoke! They are winning when they make you play by thier rules. Dictate your own fate refuse to submit!

Untill All Are Free!!!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

On another note, it is a sad day indeed when a Independant citizen like myself should sound more like a true clanner than 90% of the clanners I hear today. Omni-Tek has done a wonderful job....

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Halting Ore Extraction

Aazamon
    Well that is what we are doing Aazamon by not extracting ore over the next week...as to whether extraction will begin the following week we will have to wait and see what Omni tek does about including clanners in notum ore price stabilization talks. And what ICC does in the future about allowing independent merchanter vessels to carry Notum ore.

As for Clanners we have to have money to purchase weapons to defend our bases. Without the influx of off world funds we will lose control of the extraction sites and OT will be mining everything in sight and Rubi Ka will never see the itself teraformed fully. Maintenance of the Teraformed notum sites and the outlying areas is a large part of Many Clan Guilds budgetary exspense. As you must have seen in my earlier report.

Hate to say this but as long as OT is on RK Nanomages are potentially an extinct race. Support clan in this small effort to reduce extraction of Notum ore now and perhaps we can achieve your dream.....help us with this small step toward that goal.

Khastity

Aazamon, we exist in a corner of the galaxy that no one would care about if we didn't have notum. How would we survive if we didn't sell it? Would you really buy machinery or cloth from Rubi Kai, considering the huge cost of shipping?

Notum is the only thing going for this planet. Everyone can see it. We have democracy now on the clan side of the world. Granted, your race will die. It was made to die eventually. Omni Tek didn't think ahead too well. Don't forget the shades and keepers, who are also doomed. Stinks, but it is the truth. We can't fix it. Even if we don't export notum, we'll use it as a fuel source and eventually exhaust it. Heck, making exporting illegal would create so much crime and smuggling that what chaos we have seen so far would seem like petty drivvle. There is no way to save a race made to die when Omni Tek had no further use for them.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

Originally posted by Aazamon

As I see from your own evidence here there is really very little benifit to Clans to sell thier notum to Omni-Tek in the first place. You get crumbs while they simply increase thier profits and power. You are now a cheap subcontractor for Omni-Tek. Omni lap dogs if you will. If you take notum off the market, use it for the benifit of the people of Rubi-ka you will strengthen the people of Rubi-ka become more independant. We can use it to develope terraforming enterprises beyond what OT has done. Make Rubi-Ka a strong and independant home for us all. Run under a constitutional democracy. Citizens and clans can stay independant and live under some basic rules to govern us all in peace and prosperity without exporting notum! We can use notum on Rubi-Ka to help produce industries that can export thier wares across the galaxy bringing true sustianable industry to the planet. We can become a galactic center instead of a hinterland resource based economy, but only if we keep the notum here!

We can never be independent of OT until we actually can export our resources off this planet by ourselves and/or through independent merchanters. Only then can we regulate our exported natural resources to ensure that the resource is not depleted.

Khastity

Aazamon, we exist in a corner of the galaxy that no one would care about if we didn't have notum. How would we survive if we didn't sell it? Would you really buy machinery or cloth from Rubi Kai, considering the huge cost of shipping?

Notum is the only thing going for this planet. Everyone can see it. We have democracy now on the clan side of the world. Granted, your race will die. It was made to die eventually. Omni Tek didn't think ahead too well. Don't forget the shades and keepers, who are also doomed. Stinks, but it is the truth. We can't fix it. Even if we don't export notum, we'll use it as a fuel source and eventually exhaust it. Heck, making exporting illegal would create so much crime and smuggling that what chaos we have seen so far would seem like petty drivvle. There is no way to save a race made to die when Omni Tek had no further use for them.
    This is extremely short sighted. Nanomages arn't doomed to die. In fact we are a robust race in a notum environment. The lands of shadow have shown us the amazing recycling capeabillities of notum should it be used responsibly. Notum is an element, it is matter and can not be created or destroyed, only change form. It is special however and only found on Rubi-Ka. Our studies have shown us that there are large nodes of notum deep within Rubi-Ka that collect notum particles and even slowly, I mean in terms of Millenia, replenish notum. Notum isn't the only fuel source on Rubi-Ka, it isn't even the most common. Notum's primary use is still in Nanobots. We can use non notum fuels to support notum recycling technology. I am currently working on a portable model myself, the technology already exists for large units but it is not used due to the infrastructure costs that Omni-Tek doesn't wish to spend because of the short time left on their lease.

And about your democracy....The Sentinels are a fine example of Clan democracy. I know there are many democraticly minded Clans out there but thier voices until late have been quite silent while the Clans that are taking over the corperate agenda's once spewed by Omni-Tek have taken over. The industries I'm talking about arn't textiles and basic industries, but industries that can only be developed on Rubi-Ka. highly complex machinery that can only be manufactured with nano technology in a notum rich environment.

Will it be easy, no. Will it take the collective will of the planet yes. Is it doable, maybe. The real question is, do you want to become the demon you hate, Omni-Tek.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Nano Technology

Aazamon,

We would be interested in speaking with you about some of these newer technologies.

Khastity

Re: Nano Technology

Originally posted by Khastity
    Aazamon,

We would be interested in speaking with you about some of these newer technologies.

Khastity
    I have the time to speak with anyone willing to listen. I can be reached here via PM's, via our gridsite, and via email through our gridsite. As well you can try /tell Aazamon and get me on my comlink.

It will take brave bold new action to end Omni-Tek's galactic supremacy. don't be fooled, they have more up thier sleeves than they are saying, peace right now only allows them to remain strong and fulfill thier final plans for the galaxy.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

This is extremely short sighted. Nanomages arn't doomed to die. In fact we are a robust race in a notum environment. The lands of shadow have shown us the amazing recycling capeabillities of notum should it be used responsibly. Notum is an element, it is matter and can not be created or destroyed, only change form. It is special however and only found on Rubi-Ka. Our studies have shown us that there are large nodes of notum deep within Rubi-Ka that collect notum particles and even slowly, I mean in terms of Millenia, replenish notum. Notum isn't the only fuel source on Rubi-Ka, it isn't even the most common. Notum's primary use is still in Nanobots. We can use non notum fuels to support notum recycling technology. I am currently working on a portable model myself, the technology already exists for large units but it is not used due to the infrastructure costs that Omni-Tek doesn't wish to spend because of the short time left on their lease.

A robust race around notum, a fuel supply found on one rock in one corner of the galaxy. not a thing to be proud of. The shadowlands, a land unstable and most likely destined to collapse into the void, demonstrates very little except that the core of where notum comes from has a very finite lifespan.

Now the non notum fuel source interests me greatly, but what use is it to humanity? Humanity is short term. The humans of old could not stop themselves from exploiting oil until there was very little left. It was simply the easiest thing to do and therefore the only thing they could see themselves doing. Only when a substitute is cheap and easily available will people use it. Preserving Rubi Kai so that you can have a homeland which recycles its precious notum every couple thousand years is not a viable option. Notum give us money, equipment, armies, and power over the rest of the galaxy. You can't ask us to sacrifice that. That is not democracy. Restricting the many to save a few, destroying the economy and way of life that we have grown used to, and dooming this planet to be eventually attacked by notum hungry corporations who can no longer stand being denied their supply is just a bad plan. plain and simple. What we should focus on is phasing out the nanomage model of humanity and ceasing production. If we really have souls, we should consider attempts to move current nanomages into better frames. Plan for the worst, don't hope for the best.

And about your democracy....The Sentinels are a fine example of Clan democracy. I know there are many democraticly minded Clans out there but thier voices until late have been quite silent while the Clans that are taking over the corperate agenda's once spewed by Omni-Tek have taken over. The industries I'm talking about arn't textiles and basic industries, but industries that can only be developed on Rubi-Ka. highly complex machinery that can only be manufactured with nano technology in a notum rich environment.
    The sentinels are merely one example of extremist views, and are not fully supported by clans.

Speaking of this machinery, how do you explain to the rest of the galaxy that we will be the sole builders of it. How do you explain that because of one race built to exist in a small niche environment, we now have a monopoly over not only notum but everything built using it? You ask too much. The rest of the galaxy would not stand for it.

Will it be easy, no. Will it take the collective will of the planet yes. Is it doable, maybe. The real question is, do you want to become the demon you hate, Omni-Tek.
    I don't become the demon I hate by admitting to my humanity and the flaws of my race. I rebeled from their rules and regulations, but I did not rebel from myself. We are limited by our lifespans and what we see as possible. The galaxy will not allow notum production to cease, nor for us to gain a additional monopoly over machinery production or notum enhanced goods. We cannot survive without money or importance in the universe. good and evil always come together. You cannot ask people who live for 70 years to have patience and wait thousands of years for the notum to replenish itself.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

A robust race around notum, a fuel supply found on one rock in one corner of the galaxy. not a thing to be proud of. The shadowlands, a land unstable and most likely destined to collapse into the void, demonstrates very little except that the core of where notum comes from has a very finite lifespan.

Now the non notum fuel source interests me greatly, but what use is it to humanity? Humanity is short term. The humans of old could not stop themselves from exploiting oil until there was very little left. It was simply the easiest thing to do and therefore the only thing they could see themselves doing. Only when a substitute is cheap and easily available will people use it. Preserving Rubi Kai so that you can have a homeland which recycles its precious notum every couple thousand years is not a viable option. Notum give us money, equipment, armies, and power over the rest of the galaxy. You can't ask us to sacrifice that. That is not democracy. Restricting the many to save a few, destroying the economy and way of life that we have grown used to, and dooming this planet to be eventually attacked by notum hungry corporations who can no longer stand being denied their supply is just a bad plan. plain and simple. What we should focus on is phasing out the nanomage model of humanity and ceasing production. If we really have souls, we should consider attempts to move current nanomages into better frames. Plan for the worst, don't hope for the best.

The sentinels are merely one example of extremist views, and are not fully supported by clans.

Speaking of this machinery, how do you explain to the rest of the galaxy that we will be the sole builders of it. How do you explain that because of one race built to exist in a small niche environment, we now have a monopoly over not only notum but everything built using it? You ask too much. The rest of the galaxy would not stand for it.

I don't become the demon I hate by admitting to my humanity and the flaws of my race. I rebeled from their rules and regulations, but I did not rebel from myself. We are limited by our lifespans and what we see as possible. The galaxy will not allow notum production to cease, nor for us to gain a additional monopoly over machinery production or notum enhanced goods. We cannot survive without money or importance in the universe. good and evil always come together. You cannot ask people who live for 70 years to have patience and wait thousands of years for the notum to replenish itself.
    Again so short sighted! The galaxy will be without notum if we mine it out and disperse it to infinitesmimal amounts across the cosmos. It will be no longer useful to anyone! If we keep in on Rubi-Ka and develope notum recycling technology to increase the speed at which it recycles we may ADVANCE the human breeds beyond the mistakes of the past. if you wish to remain ignorant, greedy and patheticly primative you may. But if you choose to put your riches, power, armies, or what have you before the survival of my people, Rubi-Ka and the hope for a better future for the whole galaxy...I will stop at nothing to stop you. My last dying act will be to stop you or anyone from profiting from the destruction of this sacred planet! If you really look at it, Rubi-Ka is truely special. There is great evidence of this all over and in the lands of shadow as well.

The lands of shadow are being ripped asunder because of actions of an ancient race that held the same views as you do. We must learn from these mistakes of history, not resign ourselves to committing them! I for one have a brain in my head, a will of my own, and the desire for a better world and a better galaxy. i will not resign to be the lowest of the low as you obviosly have resigned to be. You take the easy road, I take the hard and rightous one! Redeem yourself!

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Again so short sighted! The galaxy will be without notum if we mine it out and disperse it to infinitesmimal amounts across the cosmos.It will be no longer useful to anyone!
    did *you* not say that there were notum substitutes? Alternative non notum fuels of equal use that we could use that you yourself have experimented with? If so, then is it not possible that after this planet is destroyed they turn to that? It isn't being short sighted to admit to the flaws of humanity. They'll exhaust one thing and move on to another.

If we keep in on Rubi-Ka and develope notum recycling technology to increase the speed at which it recycles we may ADVANCE the human breeds beyond the mistakes of the past.
    A flawed idea. Nanomages are simply humans with augmented mental capacities, weaker physical strength, and a substantial need for notum. Notum enhances humanity, but it cannot advance it any better by being conserved then it does now. Besides, at best the notum shipped to other areas is experimented with and eventually replicated in some form. it is quite a thing to think that you can alter the building block of the universe though, and an altogether laughable thought to think that we could alter its cycle. Not very probable, but a nice notion.

if you wish to remain ignorant, greedy and patheticly primative you may.
    thank you. democracy and freedom for all. Freedom to choose, and freedom to judge. I choose to exercise my freedom to show tolerance of those who label me.

But if you choose to put your riches, power, armies, or what have you before the survival of my people, Rubi-Ka and the hope for a better future for the whole galaxy...I will stop at nothing to stop you.
    I wish to see no one die, but I cannot see another way. Keep in mind that I have no desire to mine notum myself. My clan comrades build mines and the like, but I have no place there. I own nothing in regards to extracting your resource. I comment on what I see, and what I see omni and clan alike doing. Please do not make the assumption that because I speak of what they are doing that i have some agenda against you. I merely tell you what I see to be the future for your race and mine own.

My last dying act will be to stop you or anyone from profiting from the destruction of this sacred planet! If you really look at it, Rubi-Ka is truely special. There is great evidence of this all over and in the lands of shadow as well.
    I cannot deny this.

The lands of shadow are being ripped asunder because of actions of an ancient race that held the same views as you do. We must learn from these mistakes of history, not resign ourselves to committing them!
    The mistakes cannot be redone, for the paradise is lost. We cannot do it again for the opportunity is gone. The shadowlands shall collapse, Rubi Kai is a shell of itself, and what is done is done. There is no point in trying to cease humanity's final exploitation of notum because of one race or the past mistakes of mutants.

I for one have a brain in my head, a will of my own, and the desire for a better world and a better galaxy. i will not resign to be the lowest of the low as you obviosly have resigned to be. You take the easy road, I take the hard and rightous one! Redeem yourself!
    I have no need to redeem myself with blind optimism. Indeed, if you were redeemed and pure as you say you are you would not demand of me a change in viewpoints. A truly redeemed person would respect someone else for having their viewpoints and not try to force their own upon them as you do.

I resign myself not the lowest of the low, but to be human in a galaxy of humans. One can still have a brain and will of their own and see that the foolish hope of everlasting peace and harmony with nature cannot be achieved.

This reminds me distintively of the ancient concept of communism. It is a great theory, but in practice it collapses. Ceasing notum mining and exploitation is great in theory, but in practice causes too many issues with all facets of our social structure. It cannot be, nor will it ever be, a reality like you imagine it will be.

Also, I would once again mention my desire to hear of your non notum fuels that the galaxy could use. What could replace the core building block of life?

did *you* not say that there were notum substitutes? Alternative non notum fuels of equal use that we could use that you yourself have experimented with? If so, then is it not possible that after this planet is destroyed they turn to that? It isn't being short sighted to admit to the flaws of humanity. They'll exhaust one thing and move on to another.
    I did not say any such thing. There are many sources of energy, none of them replace notums special properties. But they are used all the time. Solar energy, used even in weapons. Nuclear energy to drive and power industry, cities and even smaller devices. Energy comes in so many forms lets not be so narrow minded to think notum is the only source. Notum simply allows for amazing new abillities for nano technology. It also has some seeming mircaculous properties with soul technology. Reclaim is a great example of this. Should notum export continue at this rate you can say good bye to your insurance.

A flawed idea. Nanomages are simply humans with augmented mental capacities, weaker physical strength, and a substantial need for notum. Notum enhances humanity, but it cannot advance it any better by being conserved then it does now. Besides, at best the notum shipped to other areas is experimented with and eventually replicated in some form. it is quite a thing to think that you can alter the building block of the universe though, and an altogether laughable thought to think that we could alter its cycle. Not very probable, but a nice notion.
    Nanomages are more than just humans with an increased mental capeabillity. We are also able to control and understand nano technology more effeciently, almost inately. We already alter notum's cycle by mining, using, processing it. We convert it with nanobots into useful, and even destructive ends. We can and we have workable recycling technology. It is simply up to us to invest in it's widespread use.

thank you. democracy and freedom for all. Freedom to choose, and freedom to judge. I choose to exercise my freedom to show tolerance of those who label me.
    You confuse democracy with anarchy. A constitutional democracy has rules and laws that society lives by and defends minorities from the abuses of the majority of the population. it also protects us from the whims of fads in political thinking and short sighted economics by defending our ways of life and our place in the environment. We can choose to develope a strong robust democracy that protects the common good and defends against the basest human tendancies.

I wish to see no one die, but I cannot see another way. Keep in mind that I have no desire to mine notum myself. My clan comrades build mines and the like, but I have no place there. I own nothing in regards to extracting your resource. I comment on what I see, and what I see omni and clan alike doing. Please do not make the assumption that because I speak of what they are doing that i have some agenda against you. I merely tell you what I see to be the future for your race and mine own.
    I am trying to help you see that there is a better way. I may not have all the answeres, I'm not that arrogent. But I will not stand idly by and let our galaxy fall to the powers of greed and selfishness. We must at least try.

The mistakes cannot be redone, for the paradise is lost. We cannot do it again for the opportunity is gone. The shadowlands shall collapse, Rubi Kai is a shell of itself, and what is done is done. There is no point in trying to cease humanity's final exploitation of notum because of one race or the past mistakes of mutants.
    There is a chance we can redeem the past mistakes. There is a path we can take to alter the dark destiny you see. I see it too, don't doubt I know it's a long shot. But again I say we must try!

I have no need to redeem myself with blind optimism. Indeed, if you were redeemed and pure as you say you are you would not demand of me a change in viewpoints. A truly redeemed person would respect someone else for having their viewpoints and not try to force their own upon them as you do.
    You see me as forcing my viewpoints onto you, but I simply am doing what I must to ensure a future that is more than humans as chattle to a corperate machine. A truely redeemed person would try to spread the message of redemption to others. And as a Nanomage I must do all I can to ensure the future of Rubi-Ka. In the destruction of Rubi-Ka and the destruction of the Nanomage people may very well be the destruction of the entire galaxy as we know it. These are major issues even risking the stabillity of time and space itself! Look upon the brink to see what may become of all existance!

I resign myself not the lowest of the low, but to be human in a galaxy of humans. One can still have a brain and will of their own and see that the foolish hope of everlasting peace and harmony with nature cannot be achieved.
    Sad to see so little hope left in you.

This reminds me distintively of the ancient concept of communism. It is a great theory, but in practice it collapses. Ceasing notum mining and exploitation is great in theory, but in practice causes too many issues with all facets of our social structure. It cannot be, nor will it ever be, a reality like you imagine it will be.
    That is simply fear mongering. Communism in practice was a system where a few elites controlled every element of society. It was short sighted and only benifited a few in power. It was not a great social experiment. What I propose is steadfastly democratic and constitutional. Also it shall be a system where we are in a sustainable world with sustainable economics. It is not fantasy, it is science, and it is right.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Apathy can kill us all...

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

((I'll poke through the messages after Khastity's in a little bit. I want to address this first since I've been sleeping)) hanging upside down from a bar by my legs like a bat ((during the time all the rest of this was posted.))

. Taxes / Export Tarriffs / Licensing fees/ Docking fees/ Unloading and Loading fees
    a. ICC's regional notum facility maintenance Licenses (Higher than the OT maintenance Licenses by 2/3's the amout)
    Omni-Tek produces more notum and has been doing business wiht ICC for a long time, therefore we receive a bulk discount.

b. ICC Export Tariffs (usually 2 times the tariff of the OT notum drilling guilds)
    Prove it. Last I heard, the tariff is equal.

c. OT Merchanters Assciation Fee: (3-4 times the OT Merchanters fee charged to the OT Guilds)
    Join Omni-Tek and you too can receive company perks.

d. OT Weather Control Fee (4 x's as high as Ot Guilds are charged)
    Cry me a river! Try financing the development, construction and maintanance of the control system! What you pay is a pitance to help offset that cost!

e. ICC Administration fee (to maintain RK ICC Personel)
    I don't think so. Your friend Simon took care of any Peacekeepers and, hence, the need for fees to "maintain RK ICC Personel." That is, unless you're paying retribution fees for dead Peacekeepers and their families.

d. This list could go on for quite some time but basically if either ICC or OT can charge something for any thing they do whether it is a license...reall estate tax, Merchanters fees, Docking fees, Loading /unloading fees of material, you name it we have that as an exspense...where as our counterparts the OT Guilds have little if none and in every instance OT Guilds Exspense Item for Items is less than Clanners.)

The things that you complain about Omni-Tek charging you and not it's employees are at least perks of being an employee and others are just a part of what we do while working as employees in the course of a day. Why would Omni-Tek charge it's own employees a license fee to mine notum for it? We're employeed by Omni-Tek to mine notum for it in the first place. It would be like charging an employee a "desk tax" for using a place to sit and fill out paper work.

How about research, development and construction of insurance technolgy and the grid? Clanners sure seem to enjoy those luxuries quite a bit. Maybe Omni-Tek should start charging more for Clanners to insure and begin charging them a fee to enter the grid to offset THOSE costs of doing business here on RK. Or, if they don't want to pay those fees to help us recoup OUR costs, maybe Omni-Tek should just close off access to them.

For every single cost you have, Omni-Tek has more. How about those big notum cannons in Clon****? You don't think they come with a hefty price tag? It also costs us money to pay guards to protect them from groups like the NLF - that's right, we're footing the bill to keep YOUR notum shipping on shedule.

As much as you turn your privledged nose up at Omni-Tek housing captured in Omni-2, it cost Omni-Tek money to build those same facilities that we live in. I can hear you now - "Oh no, dahling, we couldn't pahsibly live in those apartments! Find some nice waterfront property with a view; anything less would simply be uncivilized!"
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

You all do have me intregued here on a couple of things...firstly OT said this was a promotional thing and the Clans basically tore up there contracts and gave them to OT...DOH! big mistake me thinks there.

Secondly, and alot more of interest...what the heck is the Clans connection to Mars? How well connected to this colony are you guys and in what ways does the "support" for the Clans on Mars go to?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I did not say any such thing. There are many sources of energy, none of them replace notums special properties. But they are used all the time. Solar energy, used even in weapons. Nuclear energy to drive and power industry, cities and even smaller devices. Energy comes in so many forms lets not be so narrow minded to think notum is the only source. Notum simply allows for amazing new abillities for nano technology. It also has some seeming mircaculous properties with soul technology. Reclaim is a great example of this. Should notum export continue at this rate you can say good bye to your insurance.
    That is your great solution? Solar energy and nuclear power for all the galaxy and no notum? No one is going to be willing to go along with that. Remember that the people you are dealing with are human and not pure beings of light. This doesn't sound attractive in the least. trillions of humans denied notum for the nanomage. They'll come over here, invade us, and slaughter you in order to have nothing stand in their way.

Think of it, even if Omni tek agrees to side with clans and cease notum mining the lease expires soon. After it is gone what will stop our enemies? What will encourage peace when we cut them off from their fix?

Also, frankly if notum runs out I'm not worried. I'll go back to earth and die from old age. I don't need item insurance if I'm living a nice peaceful life of retirement.

Nanomages are more than just humans with an increased mental capeabillity. We are also able to control and understand nano technology more effeciently, almost inately. We already alter notum's cycle by mining, using, processing it. We convert it with nanobots into useful, and even destructive ends. We can and we have workable recycling technology. It is simply up to us to invest in it's widespread use.
    nonsense. you have no better claim then the rest of us. So you were made to live in a environment rich with it? Doesn't mean you have any right to dictate what is done with it. Keep in mind that on Rubi Kai exist three other races. Where does your plan put them in? I notice that they aren't allowed in the majority of your organization Aazamon. Will be your slaves, preserving the notum for you as our way of life is destroyed and you thrive till the enemy invades and kills us all?

You confuse democracy with anarchy. A constitutional democracy has rules and laws that society lives by and defends minorities from the abuses of the majority of the population. it also protects us from the whims of fads in political thinking and short sighted economics by defending our ways of life and our place in the environment. We can choose to develope a strong robust democracy that protects the common good and defends against the basest human tendancies.
    what makes you think we have no laws or regulations to prevent hate crimes or other such activities that are illegal? Your entire basis for this is that these governments of the various clans are not democratic because they don't help the nanomage. These governments exist serving people in very finite timelines. You cannot expect governments that will probably only exist a couple hundred of years to tell their people to wait thousands of years.... for no reward or benifit... to save the nanomage race. We don't have thousands of years, and you can't form a plan to save your race that ignores the fact that people will be people.

I am trying to help you see that there is a better way. I may not have all the answeres, I'm not that arrogent. But I will not stand idly by and let our galaxy fall to the powers of greed and selfishness. We must at least try.
    The planet itself is what will fall to greed. The galaxy will be just fine. They'll use their notum, experiment with it, and eventually find a more expensive but necessary power source when they run out.

There is a chance we can redeem the past mistakes. There is a path we can take to alter the dark destiny you see. I see it too, don't doubt I know it's a long shot. But again I say we must try!
    I admire your beautiful beliefs, but the planet is already a shell of its former self. Even if we terraform it, it won't ever be fully healed. Besides, a galaxy without rubi kai is not that dark. You just need to see the pleasures of our other planetary neighbors.

You see me as forcing my viewpoints onto you, but I simply am doing what I must to ensure a future that is more than humans as chattle to a corperate machine. A truely redeemed person would try to spread the message of redemption to others. And as a Nanomage I must do all I can to ensure the future of Rubi-Ka. In the destruction of Rubi-Ka and the destruction of the Nanomage people may very well be the destruction of the entire galaxy as we know it. These are major issues even risking the stabillity of time and space itself! Look upon the brink to see what may become of all existance!
    The brink is what will eventually be all of the shadowlands before it is finally destroyed. Yet, we would have never known of it if mankind itself had not opened the portal. With all the notum mining we have done in Rubi Kai, we never once had a run in with this before Jobe opened it. It is my firm opinion that we could have mined this planet dry and been just fine, had Jobe not felt the need to explore.

That is simply fear mongering. Communism in practice was a system where a few elites controlled every element of society. It was short sighted and only benifited a few in power. It was not a great social experiment. What I propose is steadfastly democratic and constitutional. Also it shall be a system where we are in a sustainable world with sustainable economics. It is not fantasy, it is science, and it is right.
    your idea of democracy is a government run specifically to outlaw notum mining for the sake of a elite race of nanomage. It only benefits the nanomage, for what we have now seems fine to everyone else. Atrox, opifex, and solitus have very little in means of fear for the future. Planet goes, we leave and go work somewhere else. The major conflict that your new government would deal with is your continued existence.

Frankly, I hate to try and instill doubt in your mind. It is just that I question your motives here. While it would be nice to believe that you want to preserve Rubi Kai because of its spiritual powers, history, and beauty.... I think by chance that the real reason you do any of this is to continue your own existence. Methinks that if you yourself could find some way to survive on other planets with small traces of notum due to shipping, you would cease your struggle and do so.

Interestingly enough we may someday have a notum infused suit that allows you to leave the planet and survive on a planet with a smaller notum field. If this ever becomes a reality I would love to see your actions and feelings towards native rubi kai. Would you refuse to leave and fight for Rubi Kai, by chance leave and try to get more people to support your cause on other planets till you had a large enough force to enforce your desires on others, or simply live on these newly opened planets till ripe old age. I do not know.

Lazyimperial I will not go and argue with you point for point infineatly. You seem to like to twist whatever I say to fit your own prejiduces. I will however clear a few things up. NOTUM IS NOT THE PRIMARY POWER SOURCE IN THE GALAXY, NOT EVEN ON RUBI-KA. It is simply used to to allow Nanobots to function more efficiently and outside of the body. Space ships run on fusion engines. Yalms run on nuclear engines. Some small terraformers use solar power. Notum isn't used in every bleeding thing we do. It is an elite source of power for Nanotechnology throughout the galaxy, but it isn't a vital resource like water, oxygen, or even energy for the rest of the galaxy.

Secondly if you really read what I was saying I am trying to find a way to break the back of the hyper corperations that run the lives of people in this galaxy. Corperations with nothing but profit as thier motive aren't good governments. They have thier place in society, that is working within the laws set out by the people. No corperation should outstrip the power of civillian government and if it does the government should force it to split up into smaller parts run independantly. We need Anti-Trust legislation to limit thier power over us.

I care for all breeds on Rubi-Ka, the Nanomage Liberation front is does not take all breeds because we are a special interrest group. Our concern is for the welfare of nanomages, but not at the cost to all others. On the contrary I'm trying to show you that if implimented our policies would see a strong independant Rubi-Ka ruled by law, not force. Ruled for the benifit of ALL it's people, by ALL it's people, and ensureing prosperity for ALL time.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Interestingly enough we may someday have a notum infused suit that allows you to leave the planet and survive on a planet with a smaller notum field. If this ever becomes a reality I would love to see your actions and feelings towards native rubi kai. Would you refuse to leave and fight for Rubi Kai, by chance leave and try to get more people to support your cause on other planets till you had a large enough force to enforce your desires on others, or simply live on these newly opened planets till ripe old age. I do not know.
    You have found other planets with notum? I highly doubt that as all signs point to notum being linked to an alternet reality, the lands of shadow. Rubi-Ka is the nexus of this link, there is no other. The notum suits you speak of require regular supplies of notum and aren't at all practical for long term living. In fact they would only be part of the problem, using up more and more notum dispersing it across the galaxy.

Rubi-Ka is our mother, notum flows in my viens, I feel her and I will not leave her. There are greater powers at work here than greed and power, I suggest maybe you look into them. Go unto the lands of shadow and speak with the inhabitants there, there is a great movement comming to this world, don't be caught on the wrong side.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Simply amazing is all I can say to this. I find it quit funny watching the clans turn into the same thing they claim are oppressing them. Go ahead and try to compete with OT, you will fail in the end. OT owns this planet, OT brought everyone here, clan and neuts included....resistance is futile.

Originally posted by Shalex
    Simply amazing is all I can say to this. I find it quit funny watching the clans turn into the same thing they claim are oppressing them. Go ahead and try to compete with OT, you will fail in the end. OT owns this planet, OT brought everyone here, clan and neuts included....resistance is futile.
    indeed, hopefully this can be stopped and the Clans can truely become the cause for rightousness that they began as. Maybe then ther will be hope for all of us. Resistance is all we have.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast