Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Notum Export Prices fall

Matthew 22:21

Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

Max "Quool" Marsalis

Economic War

Originally posted by Nevver
    You, on the other hand, wave your flag of "freedom" in order to take what does not belong to you and to hell with anyone who stands in your way.
    This war began because workers for Omni-Tek wanted fair wages for the work that they were doing. As well as Safe working conditions to do that work. When Armed Omni-tek employees began showing up to enforce the Laborers to do their work it became slavery...

Any corporation that utilizes arms to enforce their employees to work should be considered barbaric and inhumane. They should become heavily regulated and Penalized for such actions and made to repay the victims for their actions....

Well ICC has regulated and Penalized Omni-Tek to an extent....however clanners do not agree that we should wait ever again to see if Omni-Tek will be kind and gentle in the future. No I don't think clanners will make that mistake again. So in this regard we will have a say in the determination of Market prices just like Omni-Tek does or we will be forced to look elsewhere for merchanters that can and will deliver our goods on time, in good shape, and at the prices we feel are competitive.

This last Price cut does not cut into profit margins it makes expenditures of drilling notum more thatn the income derived from it. It is an act of Aggression......It is without Clan approval...it is pure and simple economic war.

Khastity
    General Tempest

Im supporting Khas on this decision.

If omni cant remove us by force, they will do it by opressing us economical.

/Fjos
    Squad Commander
    Tempest
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Originally posted by Frakk2000
    Im supporting Khas on this decision.

If omni cant remove us by force, they will do it by opressing us economical.

/Fjos
    Squad Commander
    Tempest
    I agree with you both..

Let us not sit dormant anymore..

Freedom for the CLANS!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Thanks to Clan Assembly for their support

Thank you Boomtastic for your support. I do hope the Clan-Assembly will forgo any distributuion of notum in the coming days.

Khas

Perhaps some of you know of me, perhaps to you I am nothing more than a name perhaps, less that that.

However.

Omni-tec forced the people of RK, yes that's right _the people_ what else are we?, so many of us born here to work for our lives, that is nothing more than slave labour if you will, we are all familier with the story, from both sides of how this has changed, how the _people_ of Rubi-Ka rose up and not only took a grasp of their lives, but took the first step to the path of a people.

Those people of whom I count myself one of, are clan we are born, live and die by our own world wich means more to us than the bottom line of a corperate spreadsheet will ever mean to OT.

We are barbaric by some standards, light years ahead by others, but one thing we are not is unfamiler to war, you may shoot us with you guns, you may impose your sanctions, we will still see the attack; for it is nothing else, and we will _fight back_.

Omni tec employees will never win this war, whatever the tactics or playing field, while they continue to suck at omni-tecs' teat, they remain forever her bastard children.

peace
    cal2
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Re: Economic War

Originally posted by Khastity

This war began because workers for Omni-Tek wanted fair wages for the work that they were doing. As well as Safe working conditions to do that work. When Armed Omni-tek employees began showing up to enforce the Laborers to do their work it became slavery...

Any corporation that utilizes arms to enforce their employees to work should be considered barbaric and inhumane. They should become heavily regulated and Penalized for such actions and made to repay the victims for their actions....
    True, there was a less than shining, even downright dirty, period of Omni-Teks lease of Rubi-Ka.

How ever....

That was not under Mr. Ross administration. After the arrival of Philip Ross things have gotten much better for everyone, or there would still be hordes of people leaving Omni-Tek and joining the Clans. Disprove this if you can.

So in this regard we will have a say in the determination of Market prices just like Omni-Tek does or we will be forced to look elsewhere for merchanters that can and will deliver our goods on time, in good shape, and at the prices we feel are competitive.

This last Price cut does not cut into profit margins it makes expenditures of drilling notum more thatn the income derived from it. It is an act of Aggression......It is without Clan approval...it is pure and simple economic war.

Khastity
    General Tempest
    Interesting. So you would promote smuggling in direct violation against standing ICC regulations?

And the expenditures of drilling for Notum becoming more than the income you gain? Oh please. As it is now you have no expenditures for the distribution of Notum _at all_, and in some cases not even the cost of refining it. If what you say would be true, then Omni-Tek would be going with an insane loss from it´s operations. No, your words do ring outright false in that matter.

As for everything else, welcome to the wondefull world of Corporate competition.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar
    Broadcast on the IRRK Network earlier today. Information collected by the ICC, transaction and profits tracking verified by a second third party financial tracking company. More as it develops.

Recently, Omni-Tek decided to lower it's selling price on Notum Exports. The price point is expected to stay low for about a week before the company raises it to it's previous value.

This promotional stunt, according to OT Spokespeople, was done to generate new contracts and customers. So far, it has done just that, but not because of the price point alone.

A sizable number of Clan mining groups decided to halt export of their Notum during this week-long promotion by OT. They claimed that the price drop was outright economic warfare designed to crush their economy. Khastity of Clan Tempest had this to say "They [OT] are trying to under cut clan prices to hurt us economically....That is a form of oppression"

However, a number of previous Clan Notum purchasers have dropped their Clan contracts due to the halt of Notum exports from that source. One research lab on Mars which is a large consumer and supporter of the Clans switched to an OT contract saying "We need a constant supply of the material for our work, if one source refuses to sell, we must find another but our work cannot be interrupted."

Indeed many other companies and groups that previously purchased Clan or Independent Notum are re-evaluating their contracts in favor of OT. More as this develops.

Re: Re: Economic War

Originally posted by Xhairs

So you would promote smuggling in direct violation against standing ICC regulations?

And the expenditures of drilling for Notum becoming more than the income you gain? Oh please. As it is now you have no expenditures for the distribution of Notum _at all_, and in some cases not even the cost of refining it. If what you say would be true, then Omni-Tek would be going with an insane loss from it´s operations. No, your words do ring outright false in that matter.

This is a partial list of our daily expenditures I am sure you can find it some what enlightening considering we supposedly get everything for free from the great OT...

Daily Expenditures: Tempest Notum extraction Facilities

1. Labor cost 560 Employees and their extended familys.
    a. Tempest Alternate Housing (Because the **** Housing provided by OT I wouldn't put a dog in)
    b. Medical Insurance for off world travel (Even clanners take a Holiday here nad there and we die like anyone else off world)
    c. Wages (Remeber those? well we pay ourselves better than OT Did)
    d. Pension and retirement funding (Laborers never had this before clanners took over)

2. Equipment exspenses: (NO OT Does Not Main Tain The Notum Fileds. WE DOat our exspense)
    a. Replacement of worn out Towers
    b. Replacement of Vandalized towers
    c. Repair and maintenance of towers
    d. Maintenace and Care of the notum field
    e. Maintenance and care of Live stock in the Notum drilling sites
    f. Fauna care at each Site

3. Patrollling and Security Exspenses
    a. Weapons and equipment for patrols
    b. Security Breach Communications equipment
    c. Round the clock patrol of bases

4. Office Administration Exspense
    a. Office equipment
    b. Office Network maintence
    c. Communications equipment
    d. Automated Safety Drilling Shut off Equipment
    e. Letter head

5. Taxes / Export Tarriffs /
    a. ICC's regional notum facility maintenance Licenses (Higher than the OT maintenance Licenses by 2/3's the amout)
    b. ICC Export Tariffs (usually 2 times the tariff of the OT notum drilling guilds)
    c. OT Merchanters Fee: (3-4 times the OT Merchanters fee charged to the OT Guilds)
    d. OT Weather Control Fee
    e. ICC Administration fee (to maintain RK ICC Personel)
    d. This list could go on for quite some time but basically if either ICC or OT can charge something for any thing they do whether it is a license...reall estate tax, Merchanters fees, Docking fees, Loading /unloading fees of material, you name it we have that as an exspense...where as our counterparts the OT Guilds have little if none and in every instance OT Guilds Exspense Item for Items is less than Clanners.)

As For the Smuggling issue.....we cannot export ourselves at this time because of the intergalactic monopoly OT has on Merchanting. and ICC's willingness to let OT have a monopoly on Merchanting...Smuggling is expressly against ICC regulations.

So was the the war the first time.....Now and most probally in the future....

However clan will not allow further control on the pricing of notum without being consulted now and in the future.

Khastity
    General Tempest

But Omni-Tek doesn't have any of those expenses, right? Please... god forbid there would be any costs involved. What did you Clanners think it was going to be like going into business?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Red Planet Notum research Facility

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    Broadcast on the IRRK Network earlier today. Information collected by the ICC, transaction and profits tracking verified by a second third party financial tracking company. More as it develops.

However, a number of previous Clan Notum purchasers have dropped their Clan contracts due to the halt of Notum exports from that source. One research lab on Mars which is a large consumer and supporter of the Clans switched to an OT contract saying "We need a constant supply of the material for our work, if one source refuses to sell, we must find another but our work cannot be interrupted."

Indeed many other companies and groups that previously purchased Clan or Independent Notum are re-evaluating their contracts in favor of OT. More as this develops.
    To:
    Board of Directors
    Red Planet Notum research Facility

Khastity
    Tempest Notum Mining Administration headquaters
    Legal Department

re: Discontinuation of contract to Import Clan mine notum

Hereby be notified your recent declaraction in the news cast above has led clan organizations to believe that if you continue to follow through with this action a breach of contract shall and will be immenent on your part. As you know your supply of Notum is contigent upon OT's delivery schedule not our extraction of notum ore. As is stated in Paragrah 12 Sub section A of your contract with Notum Ore Clan Consortium N.O.C.C.

"Delivery of Notum Ore in any form for this contract on the specified delivery dates and for the specified delivery amounts shall be the exspressed responsibility of Omni-Tek Merchanters, Association and its mother company Omni-Tek."

This paragraph was imposed on our contract by the Laws of ICC that gives the Omni tek Merchanters Association a monopoly on shipping of notum intergalactically. It is by no means in N.O.C.C.'s or any other Clan mining guilds control. It is also to prevent any smuggling in the shipping lanes.

OT has said that their reserves are plentiful to maintain the week without any ore extraction from clan organizations. This means that there will be no interuption in delivery of Notum ore to your research facility and therefore no breach of contract upon Clan organizations side. Therefore no reason to discontinue our contract.

If delivery of Notum Ore is reduced then this is a matter to take up with Omni- Tek not in any way a matter for Clan based operations many light years away on Rubi-Ka.

We encourage you to review your actions and statements in this matter and discuss the issue of delivery with OT as they have plenty of clan notum in reserves. We know because we track each batch and its sale. Also if you do not rescend this we will be forced to consider this a breach of contract if you act according to the latest News wire. In such case we will be forced to take legal action. If forced to do so that means you will forfeit all of your deposits on N.O.C.C. notum ore and also any of your holdings on Futures of Notum ore shall be seized by legal action immediately and held in escrow until the issue is resolved, which with all the coorperate battles could take years. I am sure we can resolve this issue if you would please just give me a call.

Thanks

Khastity
    General Tempest
    Last edited by Khastity; Dec 14th, 2003 at 03:58:03.

Re: Thanks to Clan Assembly for their support

I do hope the Clan-Assembly will forgo any distributuion of notum in the coming days.
    Assembly does not mine notum, per date. Not everything on Rubi-Ka is about economic gain, harvesting or landcontrol. However, we do support your actions againt the price cut.

Some of you Clans have really lost sight of what is really going on here. You are benifiting Omni-Tek, the illegal owners of our planet! ICC, the puppet organization run by those solely out for profits! Stand up Clans! Stand up for your rights! Stand up for your planet! Starve OT of notum! Notum is is the life blood of a large percentage of the population of Rubi-ka. When it's mined out the Nanomages will die out! Rubi-Ka will be abandoned and the clans will be scattered across the galaxy without a home and without the power to dictate thier own lives. Here on Rubi-Ka you have a real chance to stand up to Omni-Tek. You have a chance to stand up agianst the idea that a corperation that is out for nothing but profits can run your life!

Stop sending notum off planet all together! Starve Omni-Tek out! Destroy thier mines, and keep all the notum on Rubi-Ka. For god's sake be on the side of rightousness that you once stood for!

ICC and Omni-Tek have been holding you under thier collective boot for too long. They dictate to you what the rules and laws you live by are. It's time for a democratic Rubi-Ka! Time for a Rubi-Ka that is forever!

Free Rubi-Ka!
    Till All Are Free!!!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Thanks to Clan Asssembly Again !!

Tussa,

Thank you for your support.

Khastity

Originally posted by Aazamon
    Some of you Clans have really lost sight of what is really going on here. You are benifiting Omni-Tek, the illegal owners of our planet! ICC, the puppet organization run by those solely out for profits! Stand up Clans! Stand up for your rights! Stand up for your planet! Starve OT of notum! Notum is is the life blood of a large percentage of the population of Rubi-ka. When it's mined out the Nanomages will die out! Rubi-Ka will be abandoned and the clans will be scattered across the galaxy without a home and without the power to dictate thier own lives. Here on Rubi-Ka you have a real chance to stand up to Omni-Tek. You have a chance to stand up agianst the idea that a corperation that is out for nothing but profits can run your life!

Stop sending notum off planet all together! Starve Omni-Tek out! Destroy thier mines, and keep all the notum on Rubi-Ka. For god's sake be on the side of rightousness that you once stood for!

ICC and Omni-Tek have been holding you under thier collective boot for too long. They dictate to you what the rules and laws you live by are. It's time for a democratic Rubi-Ka! Time for a Rubi-Ka that is forever!

Free Rubi-Ka!

Till All Are Free!!!
    So you feel that standing Neutral in the war benefits the actual goals of NLF Aazamon? The way you speak in this post makes me think you are more a clanner than a Neutral. Just trying to understand.

Khastity

While this conflict of economic concern does worry me deeply, I would like to take this opportunity to point out a possible problem for my comrades in the clan faction.

I fully support a unified front for competition with Omnitek. Furthermore, I fully support more organization within the clan faction. Yet, I cannot help but feel apprehensive regarding the transformation from rebels to businessmen.

When the clans first formed, long before I had ever seen the soil of Rubi Kai, it was to escape the oppression of Omnitek. They sought to escape not only forced labor, but the propaganda and lies of a corrupt system. Existing without cities or large military power, they fought for desert land in the north. Over time, they were able to gain political control over Athens and build Tir. Still divided into clans, they control over half the planet and finally have the power to oppose Omni without the caution of previous generations.

How much is too much though? Where is the line between clan and omni in terms of morality? They attack us and kill our brothers, and we fight them and kill their comrades. We become equals in our crimes. They spread propaganda glorifying their cause and lying to the people, and we spread propaganda in order to make our more radical brothers look like freedom fighters. I cannot deny the truth, we seem to be growing the same.

Where is the end to this change? Shall we fuse the clans into one, create a endless bureacracy of corruption to govern instead of being lead by a council of our most beloved respected citizens, build a economic plan against our omni brothers designed to cause them misery to repay them for misery we suffered through? A eye for a eye, oppression for those who formerly oppressed?

Now, keep in mind I fully support my brothers and whatever plan they choose to follow. I merely wish to comment on the viewpoints presented by some of my fellow clanners that calls for unity and more structure in the hopes that they look at the situation more closely. Before we call for a United Clan Conglomerate, we should think of what it could become.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

I am not Clan, but I am following the path of the redeemed. I think the Clans have lost thier way long ago. I support however any clan who refuses to sell to Omni-Tek for the purpose of destroying Omni-Tek, not to insure thier supremacy over Omni-Tek. There is a difference, removing an evil to replace it with an evil of a different name is no real change at all. We need a paradigm shift in the politics of Rubi-Ka and that means real revolution not sucking up to ICC or Omni-Tek for a greater part of the pie they have been letting you eat the crumbs of.

I also do not hide the fact that I see Notum export as a direct attack on the Nanomage people. It is also a direct benifit to Omni-Tek and ensures thier galactic supremecy as a Hypercorperation and a ruthless dictatorship that will do whatever it takes to secure more profits for itself.

I am asking, nay begging they Clans to make a REAL stand agains Omni-Tek AND ICC. We are peopel we have the right to determine our own fates. SELF DETERMINATION NOW! RUBI-KA FOREVER!

UNTIL ALL ARE FREE!!!

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Nevver
    But Omni-Tek doesn't have any of those expenses, right? Please... god forbid there would be any costs involved. What did you Clanners think it was going to be like going into business?
    Yes they do have these exspeses, however you must not have read my entire posting. Here let me recap a very important section for you

. Taxes / Export Tarriffs / Licensing fees/ Docking fees/ Unloading and Loading fees
    a. ICC's regional notum facility maintenance Licenses (Higher than the OT maintenance Licenses by 2/3's the amout)
    b. ICC Export Tariffs (usually 2 times the tariff of the OT notum drilling guilds)
    c. OT Merchanters Assciation Fee: (3-4 times the OT Merchanters fee charged to the OT Guilds)
    d. OT Weather Control Fee (4 x's as high as Ot Guilds are charged)
    d. This list could go on for quite some time but basically if either ICC or OT can charge something for any thing they do whether it is a license...reall estate tax, Merchanters fees, Docking fees, Loading /unloading fees of material, you name it we have that as an exspense...where as our counterparts the OT Guilds have little if none and in every instance OT Guilds Exspense Item for Items is less than Clanners.)

As you can see charges for clanner guilds are considerably more than our OT Guild counterparts. Such action can be considered confrontational, aggressive and as a Corporate war. These exspenses have been rising each 1/4 whereas the exspenses for OT Guilds that Mine Notum Ore have been actually decreasing. Such realities along with ICC's policy of giving OT a monopoly on merchanting makes clanners think that ICC seems to be helping OT regain control over Rubi Ka through Price strangulation of the clanner Guilds. This we will not stand for.

Reducing production of notum is our way of regulating OT's Reserves of Notum Ore. It is the way we are ensured of keeping the price in a range that is profitable so we can actually pay our exspenses and not go into the red.

Khastity

Khastity

what use is rebellion under such ideals? It is inevitably doomed to failure Aazamon. You can't eliminate evil, because it is a core component of humanity. What you call for is impossible. We clanners must be realistic in what we are trying to achieve.

I understand fully that your race is, to put it simply, doomed if notum exporting continues. The entire planet of Rubi Kai is doomed as well as we rip it to pieces. Yet we do love money do we not? I admit I drool at the thought of all the profit we can get from the planet.

If you think that we clanners will take over Rubi Kai in order to cease notum mining and preserve things for a single race of bioengineered beings made by Omnitek, you are a tad too optimistic. Best hope the notum infused suits your oppressors are making turns out successful.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

Yes they do have these exspeses, however you must not have read my entire posting. Here let me recap a very important section for you

. Taxes / Export Tarriffs / Licensing fees/ Docking fees/ Unloading and Loading fees
    c. OT Merchanters Assciation Fee: (3-4 times the OT Merchanters fee charged to the OT Guilds)
    d. OT Weather Control Fee (4 x's as high as Ot Guilds are charged)

As you can see charges for clanner guilds are considerably more than our OT Guild counterparts. Such action can be considered confrontational, aggressive and as a Corporate war. These exspenses have been rising each 1/4 whereas the exspenses for OT Guilds that Mine Notum Ore have been actually decreasing. Such realities along with ICC's policy of giving OT a monopoly on merchanting makes clanners think that ICC seems to be helping OT regain control over Rubi Ka through Price strangulation of the clanner Guilds. This we will not stand for.

Reducing production of notum is our way of regulating OT's Reserves of Notum Ore. It is the way we are ensured of keeping the price in a range that is profitable so we can actually pay our exspenses and not go into the red.

Khastity

Khastity
    As I see from your own evidence here there is really very little benifit to Clans to sell thier notum to Omni-Tek in the first place. You get crumbs while they simply increase thier profits and power. You are now a cheap subcontractor for Omni-Tek. Omni lap dogs if you will. If you take notum off the market, use it for the benifit of the people of Rubi-ka you will strengthen the people of Rubi-ka become more independant. We can use it to develope terraforming enterprises beyond what OT has done. Make Rubi-Ka a strong and independant home for us all. Run under a constitutional democracy. Citizens and clans can stay independant and live under some basic rules to govern us all in peace and prosperity without exporting notum! We can use notum on Rubi-Ka to help produce industries that can export thier wares across the galaxy bringing true sustianable industry to the planet. We can become a galactic center instead of a hinterland resource based economy, but only if we keep the notum here!

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast