Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Notum Export Prices fall

Exclamation Notum Export Prices fall

General Tempest
    RK-1
    re: NOTUM Export Prices Fall....IRRK News Flash

After recent news of Omni-Tek Board of directors on Earth strategy of lowering Notum prices to below market Clan Org Tempest has decided to completely stop selling their drilled notum and encourages all Clanner Org to follow suit.....

Reparations will be made to those clanner orgs that do stop selling their drilled notum immediately by Tempest at todays fair market value... Negotiations will be acceptable....

Let the bastards flood the market with their notum under priced this week....while we hang on to our supplies...then lets see how much this strategy hurts Omni-Tek's bottom line when we slowly release our stocks back on the market after Omni-tek has depleted their reserves.....

The price of Notum should soar if all clanner orgs hold on to their supplies for this week.

Khastity
    General of Tempest

I thought it was a fight for freedom from the evil, oppressive Omni-Tek...

My bad.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Economic Oppression

Read the news thread....from Omni-Tek they are trying to under cut clan prices to hurt us economically....That is a form of oppression.

Khastity

Re: Notum Export Prices fall

The Omni-Tek Board lowered prices due to falling demand. It was a recognition of the current market price, not an effort to manipulate it.

Omni-Tek's Strategic Notum Reserve (SNR) is quite healthy at the moment, and all our outside suppliers are welcome to build up their own reserves if they feel demand will rise in the future.

Omni-Tek takes the responsibility of distribution of notum to the rest of the galaxy seriously.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Originally posted by Nevver
    I thought it was a fight for freedom from the evil, oppressive Omni-Tek...

My bad.
    Damn straight it is. Not all battles are fought with blades and firearms.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Time to let Clan have some say on Distribution Policies

As the control of Notum Drilling sites is beginning to become more heavily dominated by Clan Organizations thanks to the combined efforts of Clan orgs and the domination on the battle field....Tempest is asking that Clan organizations, responsible for drilling 1/2 of the universes Notum, have a say in the distribution policies of Omni-Tek....at this time Clan Organizations controll more than 1/2 the Notum fields.

Tempest feels that distribution policies should also be approved by Clan Organizations prior to their announcements by Omni-Tek. As this gravely affects the economics of Clan organizations.

Such rash decisions such as the recent price drop agreed to by Omni-Teks board without prior notification to Clan orgs can only be viewed as monopolization of the distribution side of trade. And as an Intent to affect the War on Rubi-Ka through econmic strangling.

Khastity
    General Tempest

Re: Economic Oppression

Originally posted by Khastity
    Read the news thread....from Omni-Tek they are trying to under cut clan prices to hurt us economically....That is a form of oppression.

Khastity
    Sorry for intruding, but isn't it exactly what you are suggesting to do yourself?

Yes, Omni-Tek has a monopoly on Notum distribution to the rest of the galaxy. However, we are heavily regulated and are responsible for fulfilling the trust that the rest of the galaxy puts into Omni-Tek.

Unfortunately, planned price changes can not be discussed until they are announced. This would result in profiteering via arbitrage, which could destabalize the galactic economy.

Omni-Tek has many commitments and priorities. This 'War on Rubi-Ka' is not something that should be used to leverage personal economic agendas.

If you were to form a business plan and abide by the generally accepted principles of corporate governance, perhaps the ICC would consider your application for notum distribution responsibilities.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Crysantimum

Crysantimum,

Not at all...Clanners have been at the mercy of these price changes for quite some time....it is now time for clanners to fight back where it can potentially hurt Omni-Tek the most..if they want to wage war by undercutting market price then we can reduce available supply...and stabilize the situation. However if we are to subjected to spurr of the moment price changes which Omni -tek is forcing on us like this last one then we will do what is nesscary to maintain our economy in spite of the Omni-tek Board Decisions on Earth. Decisions that have no real bearing on the populace of Rubi Ka. Such a drastic Price cut as this last one can potentially put the Smaller clan orgs out of bussiness..Making it easier for the Armed forces of Omni-tek to take over those facilities....We see this price cutting as an act of War.

Every one knows that there is no need to reduce the price on noutm the demand far out weighs the supply....

This is a calculated effort on Omni-Teks part to reduce the capital expenditures of clan orgs of Rubi-ka on Arms.

KHastity

In my opinion, Omni-tek should be allowed a government controlled monopoly (a natural monopoly)--in order to increase efficiency. If we allow notum to become a common good, it will fall victim to the 'tragedy of the commons'. Currently ,it would seem that Omni-tek and the clans are in an oligopoly market, so according to the prisoners delima, both suppliers will lower their price, and total revenue.
    Omni-tek is doing what any economist would have predicted.

That is just the way the economy works. Omni-tek is not engaging in any illegal business practices from what I can tell.
    Last time I checked, Omni-tek and the clans were still seperate entities, so they don't have to consult each other over any such business decisions.

I'm a mercenary, not a negotiator, so that is just a neutral observance.
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Very astute observations, Khastity, but perhaps what you suggest doesn't go quite far enough. Forget the Council of Truth. The clans need to unite under the name Clan-Corp and join their rightful place as an equal in the ICC.

Now that the Clans run multi-billion mining concerns, its time for them to leave their childish, rebellious ways behind and start acting like a responsible adult in the corporate community. This way we can ensure an new era of peace and profits for all.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Although the Clans have managed to steal many notum drilling sites, Omni-Tek still has control over the massive mining operations spread across the planet. And these are too heavily guarded for the Clans to ever capture. So, although Omni-Tek and the Clans have a near equal amount of drilling installations, Omni-Tek is exporting more notum. And when you get down to it, who are the galactic consumers more likely to buy from; Omni-Tek, the most powerful corporation in the galaxy, that has been doing buisness since beyond rememberance? Or the upstart, rebel, terrorist Clans? I can't speak for everyone, but Omni-Tek sounds like it could give me more for my money...
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

It is wrong to call clans terrorists and rebels.
    You can`t judge a whole alignment by one person, if that is the case i think all got the same view on OT.
    Altho i can seperate the good and the bad, something Eternalforce here has some major troubling to do.

Maybe it`s time for Omni-Tek to realize you aint alone anymore about notum harvesting and Rubi-Ka, and I think Eternalforce,rest of Omni-Pol and Omni`s itself just have to deal with it, there is no way the clans will fall easy.
    Enforcedman - 158 - Enforcer - Squishy tanker
    Gunghot - 65 - Soldier - One man artillery with JAME -Original one and only-Created and twinked @ 11/1-04 (tm)

Not to be a nitpicker, but the Omni-Tek BoD does not meet on Earth. The BoD is located on Omni Prime, a five-world system the company owns free and clear, and serves as the home office. The ICC meets on Earth, in a town called Sydney, I believe.

Acutely, I applaud this move by the clans. It is a small, baby step into their future as a respected member of the community of corporations. Now, there’s going to be some growing pains, such as the internal revolutions that will be caused when you’re called sellouts, but this is an unavoidable event that must be planned for. I’m sure that your emergent corporation will seek the assistance of larger, more established corporations, if you haven’t already.

However, your offer of reparations is what catches my eye. As a corporation, that’s a bad bad move. You’ll quickly find yourself bankrupt if you continue this course of action. One of the basic laws of corporate business is that one does not give money away. Corporations have one function: to make a profit, and increase shareholder value. Expenditures for nothing in return do not make a profit. Now, if you had offered to buy the Notum yourself at fare market value, then you would of made a good economic decision. Convincing the Clans to sell to you (in the name of the cause, of course) at below the market value would be genius.

Your young. Mistakes will be made.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

This is so typically Clan. First, they get to live rent free in land that Omni-Tek pays the lease for; the Clans do not pay for the lease. Second, they get to mine the notum that... Omni-Tek pays the lease for the right to mine and let's not even get into the costs of developing the weather control system! Then, when faced with a little bit of business competition from the very entity that pays their way - keeping the cost of production for the Clans less than what it is for Omni-Tek- they call it "oppression." Omni-Tek subsidizes the Clans and they complain. Simply amazing.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 13th, 2003 at 16:27:39.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Matthew Henry
    Those who are willing to pick quarrels will overlook that which is worthy and deserving, and fasten upon that only which seems mean.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

It's my job.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Who are we working for?

Radiman: But we agreed to agree. Which is why I'm here.
    Radiman: We need peace. Desperately.

Ross: We do.

Max "Quool" Marsalis

Originally posted by Nevver
    This is so typically Clan. First, they get to live rent free in land that Omni-Tek pays the lease for; the Clans do not pay for the lease. Second, they get to mine the notum that... Omni-Tek pays the lease for the right to mine and let's not even get into the costs of developing the weather control system! Then, when faced with a little bit of business competition from the very entity that pays their way - keeping the cost of production for the Clans less than what it is for Omni-Tek- they call it "oppression." Omni-Tek subsidizes the Clans and they complain. Simply amazing.
    I am so glad that so many on the Omni-tek supporters have jumped on this thread...It shows your weakness is in your greed...

Marisha as for making Coprorate decisions ...well we are clan. We aren't a corporation so we look out for each other...Obviously you have no clue as to what that means. If the universe wants notum....they have to look to Clans for at least 1/2 of the supply...

Nevver, as for being oppressed. Clanners have been that is Why ICC intervened on our behave. Personally I lost family memebrs in some of the unprovoked and heinous attacks Omni-Tek did. There is no amount of FREE RENT, WEATHER CONTROL, or LEASE HOLD that can repay the loss of their lives. Phillip Ross's head on a stake at the entrance of Old Athens might begin to ease that suffering.

However for now, Tempest and the Clan orgs that support this action will settle for hurting Omni-Tek where Omni-Tek feels it most... On Omni-Tek's Bottom Line....Next time Phillip Consult us when you want to drop... If you cannot bare to include us in prices stabilization negotiations then we will have to look else where for merchanters that can deliver our goods to the rest of the universe.

Khastity
    General Tempest

Originally posted by Khastity
    Nevver, as for being oppressed. Clanners have been that is Why ICC intervened on our behave. Personally I lost family memebrs in some of the unprovoked and heinous attacks Omni-Tek did. There is no amount of FREE RENT, WEATHER CONTROL, or LEASE HOLD that can repay the loss of their lives. Phillip Ross's head on a stake at the entrance of Old Athens might begin to ease that suffering.
    Revenge. Blood. Credits. You have your place to live, you have your freedom, you have your profit yet nothing is ever enough. Tell, me what exactly is enough? When will you be satisfied?

You don't think that people who work for Omni-Tek haven't lost their lives or lost family members to your flawed idealism? I know, we're just "mindless drones," right? We are dehumaized through your Clan propaganda to make it easier to kill us. Let me clue you in: we are Solitus, Nanomages, Atrox and Opifexes just like yourselves. We have been hurt in this too and we are fighting for what WE belive in and what we believe in is that it is our right, under the law, to be here to run our business. You, on the other hand, wave your flag of "freedom" in order to take what does not belong to you and to hell with anyone who stands in your way.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast