Thread: Solution the majority of AO problems IMHO

Lightbulb Solution the majority of AO problems IMHO

Ok this is an idea people may or may not like but honestly oh well it's my oppinion. But i've read all these articles about people complaining and people pissed that they can't use armor or that someone is unfairly raising his abilities and all that, and yes i agree with alot of it. But what if in stead of de-equiping and doing an ip reset which is honestly no fair cause it took alot to get my ips were they are, but why take the class restrictions OFF the nano crystals and put them to weapons. Think about it, if you can use a lvl 85 weapon great but if you can use a lvl 85 nano crystal from say an enforcer to use on a doctor to allow them to survive more. IMHO I think first try my idea about taking the classes off the nanos, and put them on the weapons.

-So and Eforcer would use melee only like 1h edge/1hblunt, 2hedge/blunt
    -an adv would use only melee weapons such as a axe or kitanna.
    -The Martial Artist would use his hands for the most part but be allowed to use melee weapons esspessaly at low lvls.
    -Agents all seem to preffer riffles so only all them to use rifles.
    -Bureaucrats only Melee weapons.
    -The Doctors need a whole new class of weapons just for them.The doc is ment to heal but when it comes to sergery he has to be precise. As so they deserve a class of like Lazer weapons(energy) that are better that the average. It would also help compinsate for thier lack of deffensive capabilities.
    -Engineers should be able to use just ranged weapons(shot guns blasters) only heavy ranged weapons.
    -Meta-Physasist is the only class i believe to be stricktly limited to something, staffs and poles and limited amounts of light weight swords. This because a "sorcerer" isn't suppose to be able to do massive melee damage. He is suppose to be able to throw a fire ball and leave a hole in the monster.
    -Nano Technitian should use light weight ranged weapons.
    -Soldier Should be able to use any ranged weapon in the game. The Soldier is suppose to be an expert in weapons.
    Trader- The Trader I see no point in, the character template are hardly ever used and it has no real special features.

Now as you see the MP is still like a "sorcerer" and can still excell in the fields he uses now, but were like an agent has false profesion and can use the abilities of a MP for a while. They aren't going to be as strong.
    So In my idea of removing the nano-crystal classes it should be set it up so that if a "visualization of fury" was used by a Adventurer it would be weaker than if it was used my a MP.
    If a Doctor used thugs delight it wouldn't put his stats up as high as it would on an enforcer.
    Now I don't know if my idea is clear to everyone or as clear as mud but to me it makes sense.

Talamakara

-"So and Eforcer would use melee only like 1h edge/1hblunt, 2hedge/blunt "

If any enforcer didnt stick to melee weapons then, uh....god help them

Also, dont pick on us ENF's we dont complain about our class ;]
    Hide here comes Yazule!

Megabio
    Originally posted by Cloudeh

Hide here comes Yazule!
    And worst of all, he knows my in game identity. =)
    ~Chris

Idea

That's a terrible idea. Why? Because it would even further reduce the ability of people to customize their characters. I like having choice in weapons, even if some choices aren't the best, maybe they look cooler, or sound better, or fit better with the concept I'm working with. Look at multi-wield fixers. Cool idea, they suck, but people still do it.

In the end, don't squish people's creativity. Bad idea.

Hide here comes Yazule!
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hide here comes Yazule!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And worst of all, he knows my in game identity. =)
    ~Chris
    ROFLMFAOTTDID

well damnit! I had a lot to say but now I am laughing too hard!

bad idea

nuff said

*should i add "am I really a monster?" to my sig?*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

LOL ME TO NOW! Sorry for going off topic

Hey.. im just .. err ... ummm... "opinionated"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL